HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Nathan MacKinnon (2013 draft)

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2011, 06:25 PM
Pick Six
@Lafortune_FC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhldraftvideo View Post
i also would like to see MacKinnon reports to the team that pick him without any ******** we have seen in past Q draft.
This doesn't only happen in the Q, it's pretty well expected in the OHL as well. Arguably the top 2 prospects went 17th and 18th overall last year. Hopefully Mackinnon doesn't pick and choose where he wants to go, from the sounds of it he's a good enough player he shouldn't have to.

Old
02-03-2011, 06:27 PM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

Quote:
i dont know about Baie-Comeau but Rouyn-Noranda coach/GM said if they win the lottery their not trading the pick and their taking MacKinnon. he said MacKinnon will play in Rouyn and not somewhere else. imo when he's all set and done MacKinnon will report to Rouyn

Baie-Comeau im not sure...even if rimouski has 4 first round pick Rouyn is not trading the pick and Baie-Comeau is not trading MacKinnon to its biggest rivals imo. Halifax would be a better guess since they could included Campiani who played his midget hockey with Baie-comeau 1st pick in 2010 Frederic Gamelin and both have crazy chemistry together. both play together at the recent u-17
I agree with a lot of what you said.

Tourigny basically said he isnt trading the pick for 4 1st rd picks, but Rimouski and Rouyn have a strong history of making deals, they have pulled off 2-3 blockbuster deals over the last 18 months.

Over the last 10 years I have basically learnt not to listen to what GM's say in regards to drafts and trades...

That being said...if RN wins the flip id have to imagine they will make a big push for MacKinnon, but I believe Tourigny also said they wont pick him unless they are 100% sure he reports.

Now, if BaC wins the flip....forget about the possibility of them moving that pick to Rimouski...and as you alluded to, Gamelin and Ciampini have a lot of chemistry, but will Halifax be willing to part with Ciampini plus a top 4 pick plus maybe something else for MacKinnon??

Old
02-03-2011, 06:45 PM
Sideline

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLaprise View Post

Now, if BaC wins the flip....forget about the possibility of them moving that pick to Rimouski...and as you alluded to, Gamelin and Ciampini have a lot of chemistry, but will Halifax be willing to part with Ciampini plus a top 4 pick plus maybe something else for MacKinnon??
From a business standpoint they should. A hometown superstar would go a long way towards filling the Metro Centre.

Old
02-03-2011, 07:07 PM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
From a business standpoint they should. A hometown superstar would go a long way towards filling the Metro Centre.
I agree with ya...and from an on-ice standpoint too...MacKinnon is a player who can play on both sides of the puck and in all 3 zones...Ciampini is useless unless hes 10 feet from the net. Sure he can score goals, but he does very little of anything else.

In the CHL, you always take the superior talent over other very good players.

Old
02-03-2011, 10:26 PM
torontosports10

Bring him to the Pups!!

To be real though, I dont see a fit with us. We are in a 2-man race to host the mem cup and even if we dont, will have a very strong team again next year. I cant see them trading core pieces to bring him in.

While we do have prospects, they are not close to the leval a team would want back in a deal for him. (Tesink, Oke, Kelly, Cameron, Oliver-Dares, Bourret)

If I had to put up an offer it would be:

Durepos, Kelly, Oke, 1st rounder next year, 2nd rounder this year.

Closest I can come to, that makes a bit of sense for SJ

Old
02-03-2011, 10:56 PM
KingJet*
Welcome Back

I'd be happy if he ends up on either team, they both have crappy arenas though, RN has a nicer one compared to BC's 3,000 seater. I'd be happier to see him on Baie-Comeau because they never had a NHL star play for them ever, but both teams I think deserve him.

Old
02-04-2011, 12:02 AM
Daneurism

It would be fun to see him end up on Baie Comeau. They would have a really nice young team with Mackinnon, Bussieres, Girard, Gamelin, Meredith, Lepage, and Verpaelst.

Old
02-07-2011, 02:22 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

uploaded by northernhockey on youtube

Old
02-07-2011, 02:34 PM
Alberta tough

Quote:

Nice

Old
02-23-2011, 07:44 AM
Jack DiBiase
wrist-oh-lie-nun

Quote:

Embarassing to watch as a Finn.

His skating and puckhandling reminds me of a young Crosby.

EDIT: Also he kinda reminds me of Eric Staal.

Last edited by Jack DiBiase: 02-23-2011 at 08:08 AM.
Old
02-24-2011, 09:00 PM
dangsLITE

Obviously this kid has a ton of skill and all, and no one is saying he'll be as good as Crosby but isn't any comparison to him completely ridiculous?

78 points in 32 games great, but Crosby had 162 in 57 and I'm pretty sure he was on Shattuck's top team (Prep) whereas MacKinnon isn't (U16)

Old
02-24-2011, 09:10 PM
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangsLITE View Post
Obviously this kid has a ton of skill and all, and no one is saying he'll be as good as Crosby but isn't any comparison to him completely ridiculous?

78 points in 32 games great, but Crosby had 162 in 57 and I'm pretty sure he was on Shattuck's top team (Prep) whereas MacKinnon isn't (U16)
he isn't crosby, but I would say he might be the 3rd prospect I have ever scouted behind Crosby and Ovechkin...I think this kid is just as good as Steve Stamkos at the same age...Kyle Okposo played on the big Shattuck team and so did Zach Parise...I love Parise but I watched him in Shattuck and saw Okposo as well and Mackinnon is more talented than those two players at that age...Shattuck isn't bringing younger players up to the prep team now so or both Mackinnon and Cammarata would both be up there.

Old
02-24-2011, 09:15 PM
Bobby G

I didn't know who he was until I saw his first shift at the Canada Games. Wow, he is really really good

Old
04-07-2011, 11:24 AM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Drakkar de Baie-Comeau wins the Nathan MacKinnon derby

The Drakkar of Baie-Comeau has won the lottery pick for the QMJHL 1st overall pick in 2011, and with that pick, do you guys think that Nathan Mckinnon will be willing to go and play there?

Here's the link:
http://www.rds.ca/lhjmq/chroniques/317782.html

Old
04-07-2011, 11:25 AM
Breakfast of Champs

Now the question is where does he get traded to

Old
04-07-2011, 11:37 AM
ikelechien

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnman10 View Post
Now the question is where does he get traded to
Correct question, Baie-Comeau is like a development graveyard. Small market, weak ownership, weak management, coaching suspect and no roads in or out (yes, you have to take a ferry across the Saguenay or the St. Lawrence to leave or get in). I have spent too many hours of my life waiting for ferries to or from Baie-Comeau to wish that on poor Nathan.

Old
04-07-2011, 11:52 AM
torontosports10

Halifax or Rimouski will be making the push for him.

Saint John has the assets as well, but will be keeping the players for another run next year

Old
04-07-2011, 11:57 AM
Osgood As It Gets
Church of Nyquist

vCash: 651
Maybe Moncton will make a puch too, him being a Maritime boy and all.

Old
04-07-2011, 12:18 PM
torontosports10

I dont think that Moncton has the pieces to offer that would interest them. They have some, but not as attractive as what the others could offer.

Old
04-07-2011, 12:26 PM
Breakfast of Champs

Rimouski has the 4 first round picks so if they want him bad enough they can get him. Halifax has the 4th overall pick and ciampini who has amazing chemistry with gamelin. They played on the same line in midget and at the world u17 for qc and always play extremely well together so that could interest baie comeau as well.

Old
04-07-2011, 12:35 PM
CandiedBacon
Seguin and Hamilton

Quote:
Originally Posted by torontosports10 View Post
Halifax or Rimouski will be making the push for him.

Saint John has the assets as well, but will be keeping the players for another run next year
What assets would Rimouski and Halifax have to offer. As for Saint John they should offer Despres at the draft as he may not come back next year

Old
04-07-2011, 12:40 PM
Breakfast of Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiedBacon View Post
What assets would Rimouski and Halifax have to offer. As for Saint John they should offer Despres at the draft as he may not come back next year
You think baie comeau is gonna be stupid enough to believe despres would play for them instead of in the ahl or potentially nhl? I mean I know theyre a bad organization but not that bad. Read my comment above and those are the main assets Halifax and Rimouski have, which seem to be the best options as of now. I read that rimouski already offered 3rd and 7th overall to baie comeau but they said they want more

Old
04-07-2011, 12:56 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiedBacon View Post
Despres already played 4 years, 99% sure he's going to the AHL next season.

Old
04-07-2011, 01:10 PM
BobbyRyan9
Let's Go Bruins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Despres already played 4 years, 99% sure he's going to the AHL next season.
And it wouldn't surprise me to see him get some time in with Pittsburgh either.

I'm guessing Baie-Comeau gets lured in with Rimouski's assets and the deal gets made at the draft. It would be terrible for the league to have MacKinnon not report to Baie-Comeau and go play in the USHL or something. But to tell you the truth, if I were Rimouski, I would keep my four first round draft picks. You could end up building a powerhouse like Saint John for the next few years if you draft the right players.

Old
04-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

vCash: 50
Rimouski will make a push for him... Weren't they stockpiling picks?

Closed Thread