HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thanks For The Ride!

Old
05-26-2017, 01:35 AM
saskriders
Can't Hold Leads

vCash: 750
Thanks For The Ride!

What a great run we had! Even though it was heartbreaking to end the way it did it was still an awesome 6 weeks. Hopefully next year we fix some our holes and come back even stronger.

saskriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2017, 07:09 AM
Micklebot
I bee-beard'lieve

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
What a great run we had! Even though it was heartbreaking to end the way it did it was still an awesome 6 weeks. Hopefully next year we fix some our holes and come back even stronger.
This thread isn't getting enough love;

-Thank you Andy and Nicole for fighting through your personal adversity and still being able to be their for the team and it's fans.

-Thank you MacArthur for never giving up and being able to continue living your dream, playing the game you love

-Thank you Dorion for believing in this team now, and making the moves needed to help get the team this deep.

-Thank you Boucher for instilling the discipline and defensive dedication needed for this team to far exceed any expectations and grind out wins in close games.

-Thank you to all the players who bought into a defense first system, sacrificing their bodies, personal stats ect to put winning first.

-Thank you to the guys that won't be here next season for one reason or another, be it contracts expiring, trades or expansion draft,

This team had so many great storylines, it's a shame the season had to end, but this year ranks way up there in terms best seasons as a Sen fan. Sure there are things that could have improved, but the gap between expectations and results was monstrous.

To those saying that Boucher and his system will have a short shelf life, I'm not so sure you'd find anyone in the locker room that would agree. Those guys bought in big time from the Captain down.

Micklebot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2017, 08:17 AM
DrunkUncleDenis
1-3-1

vCash: 50
I wish I could have gone to their airport last night, but I just finished a 7am work meeting. This team provided us with something really special this year. It's a damn shame they just couldn't push it a little further, and the players and Boucher know that. You could hear that they were absolutely crushed.

Thanks boys.

Bring back the 2D
DrunkUncleDenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2017, 08:28 AM
HiggsBroson

Outside fan checking. Was pulling for sens from the beginning of the playoffs, and what a run. Excited to see where the team goes from here. Wish they made SCF

HiggsBroson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2017, 08:48 AM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

Now don't go and miss the playoffs next year like the case has been for the last 3-4 seasons.

Ghost in the Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2017, 09:00 AM
TheSenator
The other guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost in the Shell View Post
Now don't go and miss the playoffs next year like the case has been for the last 3-4 seasons.
I feel really good about this team going forward. They play as a cohesive unit and with a few small tweaks and some more fire-power (potentially through prospect development rather than trades etc.) we could have a very strong squad to watch for years to come.

Man, I remember the days of Ottawa being an elite, cup contender year in, year out.

How cool would that be if we could follow up on the success we've had this year and make even more improvements rather than writing it off as a one off, fluke occurance? I have a lot of confidence in Boucher, Dorian and Crawford and am excited to see what they can do with this product.

TheSenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2017, 09:03 AM
Engineer

It was a fun ride, nailbiters almost every game through the post-season.

Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2017, 09:13 AM
branch
you're a pigeon

At the end of it all, however disappointing it might be to lose that heartbreaker, you can't deny that we were treated to some amazing moments this series. They always believed but sometimes you come up a hair short and that's what it was.

Phaneuf OT winner
Karlsson pass/Hoffman dangle
Bobby Ryan's Boston OT winner
MacArthur's OT winner
Turris OT winner
Pageau 4 goal game/OT winner
Bobby Ryan's OT winner in Pitts
Game 6/Hoffman snipe

branch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2017, 09:21 AM
FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by branch View Post
At the end of it all, however disappointing it might be to lose that heartbreaker, you can't deny that we were treated to some amazing moments this series. They always believed but sometimes you come up a hair short and that's what it was.

Phaneuf OT winner
Karlsson pass/Hoffman dangle
Bobby Ryan's Boston OT winner
MacArthur's OT winner
Turris OT winner
Pageau 4 goal game/OT winner
Bobby Ryan's OT winner in Pitts
Game 6/Hoffman snipe
Yeah, this was a run that had so many great and memorable moments. For me the Karlsson to Hoffman pass will be something I remember 30 years from now.

Can't feel anything but grateful that we got to experience it.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2017, 09:26 AM
Midas0
Only the best Scouts

we had a great season boys. we're a top 4 team. chins up!

Midas0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2017, 09:28 AM
Sensation

First time in a long time going in to the off-season with some hope for the future. Going to be great to see what Boucher can get out of White and Chabot.

Sensation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2017, 09:30 AM
paracord

Congrats on a great season guys. The Sens are a hell of a team with some major heart. I'm a Pens fan but I honestly thought they were done for. We were fortunate to move ahead and honestly it could have just as easily been Ottawa.

And wow is Karlsson impressive. He's dangerous every time he touches the puck even while hurt and he was very gracious in his post game comments. Classy.

paracord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2017, 09:31 AM
StupendousFlow

Great season, I don't think anybody can be mad about the result, we really left it all out there. Something nice to build on and good to give the team a feeling of success. If Chabot and White can be hits, Ryan can be "playoff Bobby", and we can find a successor for Anderson we could be one of those teams consistently in contention for the next few years.

StupendousFlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2017, 09:38 AM
Bigleaf

Leafs fan. Congratulations on a great season! The team bought into what Boucher was selling, and they played through a lot of adversity. Very Impressed with what the Sens did. It can only help you guys going forward next year. I haven't seen any interviews with players but I'd be willing to bet the team would run through a wall for Boucher.

Bigleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2017, 09:40 AM
rfournier103

I'm sorry the Sens can't go any further, but I must commend both the Senators and their fans on a gallant playoff run.

I was rooting hard for the Cup to return to Ottawa rather than end up in Pittsburgh, California, or Tennessee. Yuck! Maybe next year...

Keep your heads up, and thank you for some very memorable games.

rfournier103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2017, 09:43 AM
NyQuil
Neon NyQuil

I hope to run into Bobby Ryan in the grocery store and let him know how much his performance meant to the city.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2017, 09:48 AM
KarlSen
EK65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklebot View Post
This thread isn't getting enough love;

-Thank you Andy and Nicole for fighting through your personal adversity and still being able to be their for the team and it's fans.

-Thank you MacArthur for never giving up and being able to continue living your dream, playing the game you love

-Thank you Dorion for believing in this team now, and making the moves needed to help get the team this deep.

-Thank you Boucher for instilling the discipline and defensive dedication needed for this team to far exceed any expectations and grind out wins in close games.

-Thank you to all the players who bought into a defense first system, sacrificing their bodies, personal stats ect to put winning first.

-Thank you to the guys that won't be here next season for one reason or another, be it contracts expiring, trades or expansion draft
And Thank You to Erik Karlsson for playing through fractures, injury, pain and being an incredible playoff warrior.

It was a crazy stress filled ride. I wanted it to continue though my nerves are a bit relieved to get recovery time.

KarlSen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2017, 09:57 AM
RizzleMcRib

As a Pens fan, I would like to say both Sens players and fans should be holding their head high after that series. The determination shown was amazing. Be proud.

RizzleMcRib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2017, 10:00 AM
slamigo
Skate or Die!

This was a great year! I'm so jacked for next season when Boucher and PD will have more time to fill in the holes (maybe bring alone some young guns) with a bit more talent. I think PD has such a good concept to building a team and pairs perfectly with Boucher's style.

Also, I believe that Boucher's system will improve as team skill improves. This year the Sens just didn't quite have enough depth/skill. Really hoping that they build on this for next year.

slamigo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2017, 10:02 AM
NyQuil
Neon NyQuil

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzleMcRib View Post
As a Pens fan, I would like to say both Sens players and fans should be holding their head high after that series. The determination shown was amazing. Be proud.
Thanks for the kind words.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2017, 10:06 AM
Bileur

What a ride. I just want to shout out to Bobby Ryan who was amazing these playoffs.

Bobby, consistently play like that for 82 + playoffs and you will be revered in Ottawa. When he wasn't scoring he was brining the physical play and making a difference. It was amazing to watch.

Bileur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2017, 10:08 AM
Back In Black
CANADA IS HOCKEY

Thank you Melnyk

Back In Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2017, 10:54 AM
Ladyfan
Miss Savvy and Looch