HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kessel Should Be Ashamed

Old
12-09-2010, 11:14 PM
ECanuck
FLOATERS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesium View Post
Kessel isn't worth more than $4 million per season. I'd probably top out at $3 million for him with how he plays.
He has been playing like crap for a while now and very likely will still score 30 goals. He goes into the boards way more and is trying pretty hard. No, he is not going to throw great hits out there.

ECanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 11:35 PM
Leafidelity
Soon™

vCash: 1775

Pretty much sums up this entire thread without mentioning the self-satisfied Bruins fans.

I watched the Kessel interview after the game and his manner was very meager. Congratulations, you've actually gotten to him; marching happily along with Howard Berger of all people playing your war drum. (see Luke Schenn lynch mob)

Now watch him turn it around and have more than half of you tied around his ankles. I'd love to hear some Bruins fans opinions then, or when he's scoring. It seems most only have a "non-trolling" opinion when he's in a slump.

Last edited by Leafidelity: 12-09-2010 at 11:51 PM.
Leafidelity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 11:57 PM
Dangles McGavin
RIP Lounge

ashamed??? he's a frign kid!

give him a break (I know; I know; he's payed a ton, and we gave up a ton for him)... but as someone posted before, there is CLEARLY something mentally bothering him. did you see his post-game interview tonight? i swear the kid was on the verge of tears. stop ****ing throwing EVERYTHING at him like it's ONLY his fault.

let's see: an EXTREMELY shy, young player... in the biggest hockey market... in a PERSONAL slump... the team is in a slump simultaneously... automatically people say kessel slump => team slump and blames all of our scoring woes on him... so the media, the fans... EVERYONE attacks Kessel.

I honestly feel bad for him. I do think that Toronto is a bad fit for his personality... but I think he'll sort this all out.

Dangles McGavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 12:07 AM
ECanuck
FLOATERS

Yeah, and stop throwing things at our players!!! Next time mess up those gold seats with pancakes and get some crayons for extra damage.

ECanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 05:12 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
I'm sure you've been tossed for trolling before.
No trolling, just the truth...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 05:31 AM
Courage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post
They didnīt? Why did they trade him then? Why not trade away a lesser player to make cap room for the great Kessel if they saw him as part of their future? They resigned Lucic after all. I mean, if a player is so great at people think Kessel is then you pay that extra to sign them. Just like Burke did with Kessel, or Komisarek etc.
Quote:
"Let me be perfectly clear," Chiarelli said. "This trade is really about two things. One, it's about a player who did not want to play in Boston. Two, it's about the threat or the perceived threat of an offer sheet."

"We want players that want to be here," Chiarelli said. "I know that this player is a good player. Obviously he is. He can skate. He can shoot the puck. But we want players that want to be here. We want to grow the team with these types of players. I know the history here, but this isn't about frugality. There were some significant [contract] offers made. There was little or no attempt to negotiate from the other side, which I think is for a reason, which is the reason I explained earlier."
http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...lli_kesse.html

Courage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 08:05 AM
02m3smg

For every 1000 crappy articles Berger writes he gets it on the mark. Well, let me know when the next 1000 are up.

02m3smg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 08:16 AM
Eaglepride*
#5 in Wotan we trust

Wingsfan here coming in peace.

You guys, gals should imagine just for a moment how much (media) pressure a player like Kessel has in Toronto. He is extremely! shy and has to play in probably the biggest market worldwide. Yeah you are paying him good money and gave up a lot for him but this isn't his fault, your GM decided hes worth all that.

Burke should have known better, but like always (ask Anaheim, Vancouver) his bigmouth ego has taken the best of him. He underestimated the pressure and overestimated the team he built! Everyone (especially GMs) are knowing perfectly that Burke WILL hugely overpay for "burketype" players (truculent and hard nosed) in a cap world this is leaving your team with not enough money for big name skilled guys.

We on the other hand are the exact opposite hugely spending on skill, refuse to spend on truculence (Macintyre has been avaiable can't believe we didn't sign him).

What I'm trying to say is if you are signing extremely shy players into the biggest market you should make sure they don't have to answer stupid questions and we all know how **** the media can be in big markets.

So according to the ashamed article I think Burke should be ashamed too. Hitting a guy laying on the ground is not the way to do it helping the guy getting up would be the better option. Tbh I can't understand Kessel either if you are extremely shy you simple don't sign in a market as big as Toronto, Detroit cause of the overhelming media attention.

Eaglepride* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 03:21 PM
KapG

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTouchIcing View Post
Tyler Bozak?
bozak will at least plant himself in front of the net and hit people in the corners.

kessel is much softer.

Last edited by KapG: 12-10-2010 at 03:28 PM.
KapG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 03:25 PM
Bobs your uncle

Sorry, Burke should be ashamed for gutting the franchise for the next 5 years.
What could he possibly been thinking ....

Bobs your uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Bobs your uncle

Kessel is a decent support player when surrounded by other talented players.
On the Leafs, with no skilled players to compliment him, useless.
Oh well ...

Old
12-10-2010, 03:30 PM
johnny_rudeboy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobs your uncle View Post
Sorry, Burke should be ashamed for gutting the franchise for the next 5 years.
What could he possibly been thinking ....
Itīs only for 2 years he have set us back, in a draft for building blocks perspective. 2012 and onward we will have our own first and will be able to start picking promising talent.

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 03:32 PM
Bobs your uncle

Quote:
Itīs only for 2 years he have set us back, in a draft for building blocks perspective. 2012 and onward we will have our own first and will be able to start picking promising talent.
Assuming he doesn't trade away other picks ...

Old
12-10-2010, 03:34 PM
johnny_rudeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobs your uncle View Post
Assuming he doesn't trade away other picks ...
Even he would not be that stupid... or?

That would start a riot I suppose, if he did.

Old
12-10-2010, 04:51 PM
James Duthie
Kadri is 3 Hunna

Quote:
Even he would not be that stupid... or?

That would start a riot I suppose, if he did.
I'd go kill Burke if he even dare touched trade more first round picks

James Duthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 05:13 PM
Faltorvo

Quote:
It's much deeper then that brother.

It will be 2 more years of losing, from when BB proposed to the BOG that we would be winning. The pressure from the BOG and fans to win is going to be far far greater at the start of next season, then it was at the start of last season. The window of opportunity has been blown.

We will have some interesting cap room also , i don't see BB not using it.

As for the notion that BB won't move draft picks to improve this team , i recommend that you don't wager a penny against it.

Faltorvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 05:20 PM
Dark Passenger

Quote:
Dont kid yourself. Pressure to show some major improvements will be immense next year. We'll likely have a new coach, and the GM will be shouldering most of the responsibility if we get off to another horrible start. I wouldnt count on BB taking the approach that he is going to change directions all of a sudden, and realize the patient approach is the best method.

Dark Passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Koss

Send a message via MSN to Koss
Kessel is under too much pressure. That's it. He's taking this personally and it's getting worse. He's trying out there, I can see it every shift, but it's just not natural for him to pop goals right now.

Say what you want about Maurice, but as a coach here in T.O. he protected his guys when things were rough. Just look at his post-game after McCabe put the puck in his own goal.

Sure Wilson may be American, but that doesn't mean that he's the right coach for this bunch of players who are the youngest in the league. This team is tearing itself apart from the outside and inside right now. It's painful.

Koss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 05:35 PM
MrLegend28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koss View Post
Kessel is under too much pressure. That's it. He's taking this personally and it's getting worse. He's trying out there, I can see it every shift, but it's just not natural for him to pop goals right now.

Say what you want about Maurice, but as a coach here in T.O. he protected his guys when things were rough. Just look at his post-game after McCabe put the puck in his own goal.

Sure Wilson may be American, but that doesn't mean that he's the right coach for this bunch of players who are the youngest in the league. This team is tearing itself apart from the outside and inside right now. It's painful.
he's actually Canadian

MrLegend28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 05:43 PM
johnny_rudeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
It's much deeper then that brother.

It will be 2 more years of losing, from when BB proposed to the BOG that we would be winning. The pressure from the BOG and fans to win is going to be far far greater at the start of next season, then it was at the start of last season. The window of opportunity has been blown.

We will have some interesting cap room also , i don't see BB not using it.

As for the notion that BB won't move draft picks to improve this team , i recommend that you don't wager a penny against it.
I wont.

And I agree about the opportunity have some what passed for a planned and controlled rebuild.

Old
12-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Cujo95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transplanted Caper View Post
Howard Burger calls himself a journalist... I learned not to start a sentence with "And" in grade 1... **** you hamburger

Cujo95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 06:06 PM
Koss

Send a message via MSN to Koss
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlegend View Post
he's actually Canadian
He's actually duel, having lived most of his life in the states. My point was it may seem like a good fit to have Kessel playing with Team USA's coach, but it isn't.

Koss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 06:15 PM
dirk41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujo95 View Post
Howard Burger calls himself a journalist... I learned not to start a sentence with "And" in grade 1... **** you hamburger
But there is nothing wrong with starting a sentence with a conjunction. Your grade-school teacher taught you not to because he or she wanted to prevent you from using sentence fragments.

dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 08:53 PM
Kadrillionaire

I think that Berger should be ashamed of his mustache.

It's no wonder young talents come to play here, feel uncomfortable and flake out. He's got droolers like Howie stalking him, asking odd questions (albeit, to an odd kid) and following up with ZERO constructive criticism. Ron Wilson-lite. Shame is a word a man shouldn't say about anothers actions. Unless you mean the ********* version of the word.

It's hockey. As soon as the environment around this club gets younger, more connected to the personalities we have, fresher, the assets we have will feel at peace with the challenges of playing good hockey in Toronto.

I've heard Ron Wilson talk enough about young players to know he doesn't learn from them. Therefore, no learning happens at all.

Wilson is building nothing, but thankfully I still believe Burke is, sort of. Too many tight grips on sticks because creepy old man vibes.

Kadrillionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 11:40 PM
Alazais

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk41 View Post
But there is nothing wrong with starting a sentence with a conjunction. Your grade-school teacher taught you not to because he or she wanted to prevent you from using sentence fragments.
After reading a bit of this thread, this is what I came in here to post.

This, in a nut shell, is the general attitude of people on this board. I'm not saying it's all of the posters; however, a large portion of them think they're some kind of genius. Thank you for being the voice of reason in an ocean of lunacy.

Alazais is online now   Reply With Quote