HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Referees

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-22-2010, 12:57 PM
  #51
Dosing
Registered User
 
Dosing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Edenryd
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #11_THEBEST! View Post
Since it's quite clear that Nordic (aka Bilros) will never accept the fact that Canada can actually win without the refs, I'll just play along from now on.

Yeah, we get the help from the refs. We're lucky to have them on our side, and give us PPs. I'm very happy that the refs favour us, and screw Sweden all the time.

What are you going to do about it?

(BTW, when Canada won against Sweden in 2009 Gold Medal game, Sweden had more PPs than Canada, but Nordic still complained about officiating.... so there you go)

EDIT: AND THE COMPLAINING FROM SWEDISH PLAYERS WAS EMBARASSING. From the 1st penalty, the coach and players started complaining. I didn't see one time where the player went straight to the box. Yeah, I admit the officiating was lop-sided in Canada's favour, but arguing ain't gonna help you.
At this point you just admitting it is enough, your one of a few LOL

Dosing is offline  
Old
12-22-2010, 01:04 PM
  #52
Trotzig
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #11_THEBEST! View Post

EDIT: AND THE COMPLAINING FROM SWEDISH PLAYERS WAS EMBARASSING. From the 1st penalty, the coach and players started complaining. I didn't see one time where the player went straight to the box. Yeah, I admit the officiating was lop-sided in Canada's favour, but arguing ain't gonna help you.
I watched the TSN feed and saw Rönnberg whining one time - when Nemeth was penalized for an imaginary high-stick. Whining does not equal asking the ref to clarify sketchy penalties. Regardless, he tends to have hard-read facial expressions.

Theres no doubt though that the players where yapping their traps.

Trotzig is offline  
Old
12-22-2010, 01:07 PM
  #53
Novak Djokovic
#12 and counting...
 
Novak Djokovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smookie View Post
At this point you just admitting it is enough, your one of a few LOL
The referees were pretty bad, and they should have just let them play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotzig View Post
I watched the TSN feed and saw Rönnberg whining one time - when Nemeth was penalized for an imaginary high-stick. Whining does not equal asking the ref to clarify sketchy penalties. Regardless, he tends to have hard-read facial expressions.

Theres no doubt though that the players where yapping their traps.
I don't blame the players as much as the coach. When you see your coach yapping at the officials after every call, you're bound to do that as well.

Novak Djokovic is offline  
Old
12-22-2010, 01:16 PM
  #54
Trotzig
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #11_THEBEST! View Post
The referees were pretty bad, and they should have just let them play.



I don't blame the players as much as the coach. When you see your coach yapping at the officials after every call, you're bound to do that as well.
Why does your reply reads like I was in agreement with you when infact I wasn't - do you subconciously read what you want to read?

From my point of view, Rönnberg (the Swedish coach) whined once. To iterate, talking to the refs does not equal whining.
Cut Rönnberg some slack, the man looks angry even when he's smiling.

Trotzig is offline  
Old
12-22-2010, 01:21 PM
  #55
nitz
Registered User
 
nitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: North Korea
Posts: 1,758
vCash: 500
I'm going to check Nordic's profile at least once a day to see what he's been whining about lately.

The dude's act just doesn't get old!
I kind of want Sweden to beat Canada on new year's eve just so that he can climax all over the countryside.

nitz is offline  
Old
12-22-2010, 01:26 PM
  #56
Novak Djokovic
#12 and counting...
 
Novak Djokovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotzig View Post
Why does your reply reads like I was in agreement with you when infact I wasn't - do you subconciously read what you want to read?

From my point of view, Rönnberg (the Swedish coach) whined once. To iterate, talking to the refs does not equal whining.
Cut Rönnberg some slack, the man looks angry even when he's smiling.
Talkling to the ref once, twice.. is okay. Every time is whining, and that's what I saw. He thought legit trip wasn't a trip.

Novak Djokovic is offline  
Old
12-22-2010, 01:28 PM
  #57
Trotzig
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitz View Post
I'm going to check Nordic's profile at least once a day to see what he's been whining about lately.

The dude's act just doesn't get old!
I kind of want Sweden to beat Canada on new year's eve just so that he can climax all over the countryside.
Why? - we all know "Sweden beat Canada+refs" is inevitable if it ever happens.

Trotzig is offline  
Old
12-22-2010, 01:35 PM
  #58
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 63,376
vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by #11_THEBEST! View Post
Since it's quite clear that Nordic (aka Bilros) will never accept the fact that Canada can actually win without the refs, I'll just play along from now on.

Yeah, we get the help from the refs. We're lucky to have them on our side, and give us PPs. I'm very happy that the refs favour us, and screw Sweden all the time.

What are you going to do about it?

(BTW, when Canada won against Sweden in 2009 Gold Medal game, Sweden had more PPs than Canada, but Nordic still complained about officiating.... so there you go)

EDIT: AND THE COMPLAINING FROM SWEDISH PLAYERS WAS EMBARASSING. From the 1st penalty, the coach and players started complaining. I didn't see one time where the player went straight to the box. Yeah, I admit the officiating was lop-sided in Canada's favour, but arguing ain't gonna help you.
What was even more embarassing was the job that "Floppa" Markstrom did in the net



Last I heard there's a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct-diving. Sweden was never called for that. BIASED OFFICIALS, BIASED OFFICIALS!!!

__________________
The Canucks will continue to suck until the day Benning, Weisbrod, Linden, and Desjardins are all fired.
y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
12-22-2010, 01:39 PM
  #59
TonyTinglebone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribban View Post
There was no hit to the head. It was a good, clean shoulder to shoulder hit.
It was an awful call where the Swede got penalized for being strong, and the Canadian kid rewarded for putting on bobble head doll performance. He should have gotten 2 minutes for diving, and that's it.
Was it the reason for Sweden's loss? Don't be ridiculous. Nobody says that. Does it bring up old memories and a feeling of "Here we go again..."? You bet.

The fact that you even wrote what you wrote tells me that you obviously learned all you think you know about hockey from Pierre and Don. *Yawn*
Although I agree that was a terrible call, the bolded part of your statement is just as terrible. It was a good clean hit on a player that was on a follow through from a shot and off balance, His upper body was leaned out almost horizontal and the hit spun him around and sent him to the ice. There was absolutely no dive on that play

TonyTinglebone is offline  
Old
12-22-2010, 02:07 PM
  #60
NYI Win
Registered User
 
NYI Win's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 241
vCash: 500
I've been reading these boards for years and this debate occurs every single year and is started more often than not by the same people.

NYI Win is offline  
Old
12-22-2010, 02:16 PM
  #61
Dosing
Registered User
 
Dosing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Edenryd
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYI Win View Post
I've been reading these boards for years and this debate occurs every single year and is started more often than not by the same people.
Ye i know it sucks to be a minority but what can you do?


Last edited by William H Bonney: 12-23-2010 at 08:25 AM. Reason: removed qp
Dosing is offline  
Old
12-22-2010, 02:47 PM
  #62
inoajd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 79
vCash: 500
There is no conspiracy in the NHL and there was no conspiracy to make Canada win yesterday, but the refs were still horribly biased for Canada and anyone that says anything else is a completely blind Canadian supporter. That's all there is to it.

The same refs won't be in the actual tournament so there shouldn't be any bias when the tournament actually starts and hasn't been before. The refs might miss a couple of calls like they do in literally every game of hockey ever played because otherwise a game turns out like the one yesterday.


Last edited by William H Bonney: 12-23-2010 at 08:26 AM. Reason: removed qp/response
inoajd is offline  
Old
12-22-2010, 02:51 PM
  #63
Nordic*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tellus
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 20,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlWinslow View Post
Hits from behind and hits to the head are both not considered clean under IHF rules. Keep whining though...
There was no hit to the head. And it's funny how Sweden got penalized for a hit from behind, when Canada got away with exactly the same thing several times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #11_THEBEST! View Post

(BTW, when Canada won against Sweden in 2009 Gold Medal game, Sweden had more PPs than Canada, but Nordic still complained about officiating.... so there you go)
So the amount of pp:s dictates how good and fairly the game has been reffed?

What if team A commits 20 infractions that should be called, but only get called 5 times. And team B have 4 infractions and they all get called.

Does that made the reffing good/fair?

You make no sense.

And btw, we got the pp:s when the game was already lost, before that we were owned by the refs - letting Canadians run our goalie 4 times, but only once did they get penalized for it.

Nordic* is offline  
Old
12-22-2010, 03:18 PM
  #64
CarlWinslow
@hiphopsicles
 
CarlWinslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribban View Post
There was no hit to the head. It was a good, clean shoulder to shoulder hit.
It was an awful call where the Swede got penalized for being strong, and the Canadian kid rewarded for putting on bobble head doll performance. He should have gotten 2 minutes for diving, and that's it.

Was it the reason for Sweden's loss? Don't be ridiculous. Nobody says that. Does it bring up old memories and a feeling of "Here we go again..."? You bet.

The fact that you even wrote what you wrote tells me that you obviously learned all you think you know about hockey from Pierre and Don. *Yawn*
He made contact with the head. That is all that matters in international hockey. Your post brings up the feeling of "here we go again."


Last edited by William H Bonney: 12-23-2010 at 08:27 AM. Reason: removed bait
CarlWinslow is offline  
Old
12-22-2010, 03:35 PM
  #65
Frank Bascombe
Registered User
 
Frank Bascombe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Sweden
Posts: 349
vCash: 500
The board would explode with hurt Canadiens if the roles were reversed. That's just too obvious to even mention -- but let's do it anyway. The Swedish team just makes it worse though.
The Finns ... No, it's impossible to care.

Frank Bascombe is offline  
Old
12-22-2010, 03:41 PM
  #66
Nakawick
Minty Fresh
 
Nakawick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The Range
Posts: 6,741
vCash: 70000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smookie View Post
A bunch of your fans on this forum has already admitted it, take a deep breath
I am afraid they didn't. They did say a couple of calls last night were missed or called incorrectly, both for Sweden and Canada. No one from Canada has said that there is a conspiracy between referees across the world to help Canada beat Sweden.

But hey, you are providing good entertainment.

Nakawick is online now  
Old
12-22-2010, 04:10 PM
  #67
1912
Exalted User
 
1912's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Babylon
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 782
vCash: 500
Wow, this debate is never going to lead any where. Just agree to dissagree. The tournament hasn't even started yet.

1912 is offline  
Old
12-22-2010, 04:14 PM
  #68
Nordic*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tellus
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 20,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
That should be a penalty to Ellis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickaction View Post
shoulder to shoulder. no elbows out or anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
That hit looked a lot worse than it really was....IMO that shouldn't even be a penalty

His head whips back but it looked like contact started on his shoulder
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessOilFan View Post
That was an awful awful dive...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakawick View Post
Where are the refs from?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Someguy View Post
Keep feeding us PPs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreaming View Post
Oh, wow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessOilFan View Post
This reffing is absolutely embarrassing, and this coming from a canadian fan..
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodwan553 View Post
Hahahaha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
That absolutely should have been a slashing call.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickaction View Post
Should've been a call
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Horrendous reffing.

And I'm finding it difficult to find much about this Team Canada that I like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorth View Post
Are these IIHF refs or local refs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrlinx View Post
Apparently there will be no more slashing penalties called
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
As a Canadian fan, I want to win, but not with the refs help. We're the Pittsburgh Penguins of the NHL in this tournament.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
Hmm,seeing a replay,that does seem like a shoulder on shoulder hit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinguy View Post
I'm from Canada but I find myself cheering for the Sweden team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duodenum View Post
The slow-mo shows it was shoulder-to-shoulder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Wow.

There were a few really sketchy calls and more sketchy non-calls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksfan View Post
Where is the ref from?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessOilFan View Post
Looked like a hit to the head should have been called on schenn there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatley#15 View Post
Comments:

1) It is very troubling that we only have 15 shots. Our team also appears to be slow.
2) Ugh. Why are the refs giving the Swedes a reason to whine about the refs before the tournament starts? Some of these calls/non-calls are terrible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GobiasIndustries View Post
Refs, just let them play!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
man the reffing in this game is unreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
Let them ****ing play!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2525 View Post
Have to admit I never saw a high stick there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxClearTheCreasexx View Post
?? I didn't see a high stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugghhh View Post
I don't think anyone saw it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsPortugal View Post
The refs are beyond brutal, i hope we dont see that in the wjc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bring back the jets View Post
was the reffing in the game against the swiss like this too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senateurs View Post
If I was a Swede, I'd be pissed at the refering
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSlater View Post
I would be happier with that game if I was Swedish than I am as a Canadian. Sweden was the better team at even strength, the refs gave Canada lots of breaks and the Canadian powerplay was abysmal. I can't understand why they barely changed anything despite the numerous powerplay opportunities. The only positive was that Roy played well. The coaches will need to make changes before the real games start.

Just a select few quotes from the GDT last night, and 90% of these are from Canadians - didn't even include the Swedish posts. So I can safely say that the bout last night was a complete joke, where the refs had a clear bias. I just pray this **** won't happen during the actual tourny....we'll see.

Nordic* is offline  
Old
12-22-2010, 04:15 PM
  #69
Daryl
Registered User
 
Daryl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 787
vCash: 500
Some calls last night when Canada faced Sweden were on the line but some were well earned. Only time will tell as how the refs really are when the actually tournament begins.

Daryl is offline  
Old
12-22-2010, 04:20 PM
  #70
Daryl
Registered User
 
Daryl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 787
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Just a select few quotes from the GDT last night, and 90% of these are from Canadians - didn't even include the Swedish posts. So I can safely say that the bout last night was a complete joke, where the refs had a clear bias. I just pray this **** won't happen during the actual tourny....we'll see.
I noticed you quoted one of my posts regarding the controversy of the initial hit being a headshot or shoulder to shoulder. The first time I saw the hit,it seeme like a head hit,and from the point of view the ref was standing I also believe it seemed like that because the head snapped back. But when TSN showed a slow motion replay,you could see it was shoulder to shoulder but only in slow motion you could see that.

Just my two cents on that hit.

Daryl is offline  
Old
12-22-2010, 04:57 PM
  #71
Nakawick
Minty Fresh
 
Nakawick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The Range
Posts: 6,741
vCash: 70000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Just a select few quotes from the GDT last night, and 90% of these are from Canadians - didn't even include the Swedish posts. So I can safely say that the bout last night was a complete joke, where the refs had a clear bias. I just pray this **** won't happen during the actual tourny....we'll see.
you quoted me, I was being sarcastic, you know

Maybe you Swedish guys can launch a protest to the IIHF about this bad officiating in an exibition game. I mean if this has been happening for decades, someone should approach the IIHF. Maybe Rene Fasel is secretly in love with Canada, or maybe he just hates Sweden.

Nakawick is online now  
Old
12-22-2010, 05:03 PM
  #72
Nordic*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tellus
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 20,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
I noticed you quoted one of my posts regarding the controversy of the initial hit being a headshot or shoulder to shoulder. The first time I saw the hit,it seeme like a head hit,and from the point of view the ref was standing I also believe it seemed like that because the head snapped back. But when TSN showed a slow motion replay,you could see it was shoulder to shoulder but only in slow motion you could see that.

Just my two cents on that hit.

Yes, I know. A lot of people said they realized it wasn't an illegal hit from the replay, not during actual gameplay. But the refs were right there, they should have seen it - and who knows, perhaps they even did.

Nordic* is offline  
Old
12-22-2010, 05:05 PM
  #73
Dosing
Registered User
 
Dosing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Edenryd
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakawick View Post
you quoted me, I was being sarcastic, you know

Maybe you Swedish guys can launch a protest to the IIHF about this bad officiating in an exibition game. I mean if this has been happening for decades, someone should approach the IIHF. Maybe Rene Fasel is secretly in love with Canada, or maybe he just hates Sweden.
bad officiating is reality, you guys trying to dissmiss it is just sad, especially since you consider yourself the "hockey country"

Dosing is offline  
Old
12-22-2010, 08:31 PM
  #74
boozeash
Registered User
 
boozeash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 666
vCash: 500
This was a pre tourny game. Canada has recieved the short end of the stick from the reffs many times when games actually matter.
2009 gold medal game comes to mind.....still....fans of the losing country complained........just be happy it's a pre tourny game.

boozeash is offline  
Old
12-23-2010, 12:48 AM
  #75
Epsilon
#TeamHolland
 
Epsilon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: South Cackalacky
Posts: 59,910
vCash: 500
How refereeing threads during international competitions invariably go on here:

-Team A loses to Team B
-Team A's delusional fans whine about biased refereeing
-Team B's fans act smug, mock Team A's fans for whining about the refereeing
-Team B loses a later game
-Team B's formerly high-and-mighty fans whine about biased refereeing

Epsilon is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.