HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal @ Detroit 12/10 7PM CBC/RDS/NHLN-US/FS-D

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2010, 01:40 PM
swimmer77
Post Oates

vCash: 500
PK being in the lineup means the Habs will score on every powerplay. Should be an easy win now.

Definitely will be a fun game to watch on different levels: PK back, Red Wings on a losing streak, Habs on a winning streak, a couple of talented goaltenders, Cammalleri with a new linemate. I'm anxious to see how the Habs respond to this test.

Old
12-10-2010, 01:41 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Detroit lost 10 straight games the year they won the Cup. Any good team can go on a bad slide, so I don't get the "Detroit isn't going to lose 4 in a row" stuff.

Old
12-10-2010, 01:43 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Detroit lost 10 straight games the year they won the Cup. Any good team can go on a bad slide, so I don't get the "Detroit isn't going to lose 4 in a row" stuff.
I cant believe u just used that kind of logic.... lol

It's gonna be Plekanec vs Datsyuk, battle of the selke nominees!

Will Price finally get a...(u know what)?

Old
12-10-2010, 01:44 PM
DogsFan*
GHG

Would rather see Weber in over Picard. Weber can help the PP and plays solid d too.

Old
12-10-2010, 01:46 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
How do our other 3 lines score when Gomez is not on the ice?

And if Gomez if such an important part of our offense then how come it seems it's only HIS line that doesn't score on a regular basis?
For the reasons I stated in my post. Zone penetration. Speed. Breakup of the trap. Also Gomez plays against the other team's top 6 so defensively he's important also.

Anyway. Just watch and see. We're going to struggle to create offense I think tonight. If I'm wrong, well good I guess. I'm just able to look passed points and goals and salary and I like what Gomez brings. Yes he needs to produce more though no doubt.

Old
12-10-2010, 01:52 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
For the reasons I stated in my post. Zone penetration. Speed. Breakup of the trap. Also Gomez plays against the other team's top 6 so defensively he's important also.

Anyway. Just watch and see. We're going to struggle to create offense I think tonight. If I'm wrong, well good I guess. I'm just able to look passed points and goals and salary and I like what Gomez brings. Yes he needs to produce more though no doubt.
How does the Pleks/Gio/Kost line produce any points? How do Eller/Pou/Darche even enter the zone?

This argument that people are using about Gomez being vital to the offense is BS. It seems to me that any time a player has been moved OFF of Gomez's wing they have played better. He has been nothing more than an offensive blackhole this season.

There is a very good chance we won't create offense tonight and that's because we are up against one of the best defensive teams in the league. Not because Scott Gomez isn't playing.

Old
12-10-2010, 01:53 PM
Jedrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
I cant believe u just used that kind of logic.... lol

It's gonna be Plekanec vs Datsyuk, battle of the selke nominees!

Sometimes I just say the word in like the first six minutes of the first period to get it over with.

Old
12-10-2010, 01:55 PM
phoque taupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
triple low five?
:p

Old
12-10-2010, 01:57 PM
strutsboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
There's only Andreas Engqvist of Swedish origin on the habs (well, he's in the minors and of course John Westin who's still playing in Sweden), so I think I smell a Detroit fan....
Haha, Detroit is actually the last team I would support in the West. I hate how every Swedish media only writes about them and how everyone just loves them.

I kind of like that Montreal doesn't have any Swedish players, because in that way I don't have to live with plenty of bandwagon fans.

Old
12-10-2010, 02:07 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
How does the Pleks/Gio/Kost line produce any points? How do Eller/Pou/Darche even enter the zone?

This argument that people are using about Gomez being vital to the offense is BS. It seems to me that any time a player has been moved OFF of Gomez's wing they have played better. He has been nothing more than an offensive blackhole this season.

There is a very good chance we won't create offense tonight and that's because we are up against one of the best defensive teams in the league. Not because Scott Gomez isn't playing.
We'll see I guess. I think his experience in carrying the puck and the fact that other teams need to be aware of his passing abilities and his knack for finding open areas are grossly underrated assets of Gomez around here. Especially now that pretty much every team traps and the Habs don't have the big bodies up front to dump and chase efficiently. He's still a very solid skater and rarely coughs up the puck. That is time not spent on attack by the other team's top two lines.

Also sucks that we have to break up Halpern's line now.

Old
12-10-2010, 02:10 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by strutsboa View Post
Haha, Detroit is actually the last team I would support in the West. I hate how every Swedish media only writes about them and how everyone just loves them.

I kind of like that Montreal doesn't have any Swedish players, because in that way I don't have to live with plenty of bandwagon fans.
That's always a good reason too.

Old
12-10-2010, 02:12 PM
Mr Rogers

Man I wanted to see what Eller could do with Cammy and Pouliot with 2nd line minutes

Old
12-10-2010, 02:13 PM
De Montreal
help

Dustin Boyd is fun

Old
12-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiGGy View Post
Man I wanted to see what Eller could do with Cammy and Pouliot with 2nd line minutes
It's coming. Probably see at least a shift or two of it tonight.

Old
12-10-2010, 02:22 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
I hope to see Camma - Eller - Pouls
and Darche - Boyd- Moen

Old
12-10-2010, 02:24 PM
De Montreal
help

Old
12-10-2010, 02:30 PM
Jedrik

Quote:

No Swedish media love for the 'Nucks?

Old
12-10-2010, 02:34 PM
Spectaculard

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Quote:

I bet we're among the least popular teams in Sweden. Although we did have Naslund in the 80s.

Old
12-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Miller Time

Quote:

completely agree...

plus, habs are 16th in the league in G/G, so going up against Detroit it should be no surprise if we struggle offensively, regardless of who is in/out of the lineup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
We'll see I guess. I think his experience in carrying the puck and the fact that other teams need to be aware of his passing abilities and his knack for finding open areas are grossly underrated assets of Gomez around here. Especially now that pretty much every team traps and the Habs don't have the big bodies up front to dump and chase efficiently. He's still a very solid skater and rarely coughs up the puck. That is time not spent on attack by the other team's top two lines.

Also sucks that we have to break up Halpern's line now.
all the points you make seem to ignore one important fact...

9pts in 28 games.

perhaps it is you that is overestimating Gomez's contributions to the teams offense?

and I'd argue that Halpern is/will be as/more effective defensively while filling in.

Old
12-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
completely agree...

plus, habs are 16th in the league in G/G, so going up against Detroit it should be no surprise if we struggle offensively, regardless of who is in/out of the lineup.

all the points you make seem to ignore one important fact...

9pts in 28 games.

perhaps it is you that is overestimating Gomez's contributions to the teams offense?

and I'd argue that Halpern is/will be as/more effective defensively while filling in.
Could very well be.

But I think he helps a lot more than he hurts despite the criticism.

Also I did say he needs to produce more there is no denying that.

Old
12-10-2010, 02:45 PM
strutsboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedrik View Post
No Swedish media love for the 'Nucks?
Yes there is, but over the last years Detroit has got by far the most coverage, but Vancouver and Washington are getting closer.

Detroit, Vancouver/Washington and Rangers, in that order. The other 26 teams share about 4-5% of the covering...

Old
12-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peekay Zubban View Post
I bet we're among the least popular teams in Sweden. Although we did have Naslund in the 80s.
At least we have the Danish market covered!

Old
12-10-2010, 03:19 PM
FF de Mars

vCash: 915
I'm curious like you guys to see how the team will play without Gomez. That could indicate something for next year. What I'd love PG to do, if Eller fits the shoe (I think he does), is to trade for Iginla, use Markov's money this year so that we have room, keep Gomez for the playoff run, with Iginla, and in the off season, re-sign Markov, keep Iginla and trade Gomez for a bag of pucks. That or Langenbrunner or whatever else, however, I'm wondering how the team will respond without Gomez, how it could indicate a new path for us. We could have Richards instead of Gomez, next year, for example.

Old
12-10-2010, 03:35 PM
ThaDevilGirl

I think the Habs will struggle tonight, but it should be Eller's time to shine.

Old
12-10-2010, 03:38 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
Would rather see Weber in over Picard. Weber can help the PP and plays solid d too.
it makes sense, so NO!

Closed Thread