Notices

Jay Feaster

Old
12-11-2010, 03:22 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

vCash: 335
Jay Feaster

I didnt know much about Jay Feaster until the Flames made him assistant GM this year and with d.sutter hopefully being fired I was wondering what jay would bring to the organization. I asked this question in a different thread but decided to create a thread for a larger response. I know little to nothing about Feaster's past experience as gm. So what exactly would jay bring to the organization as gm? In Tampa when he was GM did he do well trading or drafting? Probably can't draft much worse then sutter. And why was it that Feaster was left the Tampa bay organization? Was he fired or resigned and why?

tyflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 03:51 PM
Chazz
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
he will be the Flames next GM and will do a great job

Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 04:09 PM
fischy13

I seen on "Flames this Week" just yesterday, Larry Day asked Feaster about his time in Tampa, and who was responsible for who. He mentioned the GM who drafted Lecavalier, and Richards, then the GM who signed St. Louis. Then he got to who HE was responsible for........He brought in Chris Dingman, Andre Roy (Do these 2 sound familiar) and also Fedotenko. Don't think he had much of a touch on that team. Those may be the final pieces they needed, but the guys who brought in the BIG Fish, the Lecavalier's, Richards, St. Louis, Kabbibulin, Dan Boyle, those key pieces were there for him already.

What I will give him credit for, maybe in some people's eyes this is a bad thing, he did lock up all these key guys to extensions, and that is what I think Feaster excels at, his laywer background is good for contracts, whether they are the right value, that may be another story.

fischy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 04:11 PM
CoRD
Shots Fired

vCash: 50
I don't want Feaster running this organization.

CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 04:53 PM
getoverit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
I don't want Feaster running this organization.

getoverit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 10:33 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 1200
Basically Feaster is a business/law guy that knows hockey. Not a hockey guy that knows business.

If he were made interim GM of the Flames if/when Sutter is fired, I sincerely hope to God that they find a replacement GM soon after. The last thing we want is a non-hockey mind fielding requests for and possibly trading the Flames' assets/marketable players during this period...

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 07:23 PM
GoFlames

I look at Feaster as an interm GM and not a replacement. If a rebuild is started at the trade deadline then if Feaster is interm I assume he would be on a real tight leash as well...

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 07:27 PM
FLAMESTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
he will be the Flames next GM and will do a great job
Could not of said it better.

FLAMESTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 08:21 PM
Roughneck

Send a message via MSN to Roughneck
Quote:
Originally Posted by fischy13 View Post
What I will give him credit for, maybe in some people's eyes this is a bad thing, he did lock up all these key guys to extensions, and that is what I think Feaster excels at, his laywer background is good for contracts, whether they are the right value, that may be another story.
He tied up over $25M in four players, one of whom has a cap hit of $7.7M until 2019. To acquire a new goalie and to relieve the cap, he would trade Brad Richards for Mike Smith and filler. He might be good at the language in contracts, but I'm not crazy about the numbers he uses or the moves he makes.

Basically Feaster took a lot of parts from a previous GM and got the Lightning one win further than Sutter has taken the Flames, and then stayed at the helm until the Lightning would finish at the bottom again. With the scouting department he was responsible for setting up, and the way the Lightning were managed after the lockout, I don't want Feaster doing anything other than dealing with the legal mumbo jumbo in contracts and operations. And I certainly don't want him to be GM. When Sutter goes, Feaster had sure as hell be gone as well.

Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote