HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lineup when the walking wounded return?

Old
12-10-2010, 01:08 PM
Ron Barr
Doing it to Death

vCash: 500
I just hope the Ennis/Hecht/Kaleta line is broken up. I don't like that line much.

Ron Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 01:10 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Barr View Post
I just hope the Ennis/Hecht/Kaleta line is broken up. I don't like that line much.
I believe Pommers was in place of Ennis late in the third last night.

JOHNBOY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 01:13 PM
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles

I don't have cable at my house.

Who needs to watch a panel discussion with Glenn Beck, Paul Krugman, et al., when I can read joshjull and Jame "talk" hockey?

brian_griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_griffin View Post
I don't have cable at my house.

Who needs to watch a panel discussion with Glenn Beck, Paul Krugman, et al., when I can read joshjull and Jame "talk" hockey?
Faceoff the Nation?

12-10-2010, 01:40 PM
SoFFacet

Gerbe Roy Vanek and McCormick Gaustad Grier are the only two lines that are really clicking right now, and should be kept together imo. The other two are just mix-matches of callups and whoever's left. When we get people back I think we go back to HCP and form Ennis-Adam-Stafford with whats left. Nieds stays out cus hes baed.

SoFFacet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 01:51 PM
OpethianSabre20

I think we'll see these lines once everyone's back.

Gerbe-Roy-Vanek
Ennis-Hecht-Pommer
McCormick-Connolly-Stafford
Kaleta-Goose-Grier

Nieds subs in when an injury/horrible play occurs.

OpethianSabre20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 03:41 PM
The Big Chill

Send a message via AIM to The Big Chill
I want Ennis back with Roy and Vanek. The line has been successful rotating Gerbe and Ennis. It's simply because Vanek is on a hot streak and Roy continues to be creative. Gerbe is quick but really hasn't done much in the way of offense and hasn't really shown that he deserves top line minutes.

Ennis-Roy-Vanek
Stafford-Adam-Pominville
Gerbe-Connolly-Kaleta
Hecht-Gaustad-McCormick

Adam has done everything he's been asked to do. Keeping him on the 2nd line will show Connolly he's gotta kick it up a notch to earn his spot in the top 6 back. I believe having Adam on that line will make it work. Stafford has had success on his off wing.

I think talent needs to be sprinkled throughout the lines. With the lineup I've listed, we can roll 4 lines again. **** Niedermayer. He's old and he sucks. I never want to see him play another game for the Sabres. He's done absolutely nothing. I guess Grier loses out on a spot for now too. I think Hecht would be more effective playing Grier's roll on that line anyway.

Last edited by The Big Chill: 12-10-2010 at 03:51 PM.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Moskau

So was Niedermayer injured the past two seasons as well? The seasons where he showed no effort and Anaheim and New Jersey fans wanted him gone?

Moskau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 05:08 PM
msm29
Was htsportplaya

Swap Stafford for Mancari and let the rest of the guys do what they do best--not show up--but in the the press box.

msm29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 07:36 PM
HogtownSabresfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Lets not overplay the kids importance.

In his last 10 games he only has points in 1 of them and is a -5.

He is a rookie and if he needs to sit to get his game squared away then he should sit.
Wow. I didn't realize he'd been that off. One thing though, he does seem to add a bit to 2nd PP unit. But maybe not. If he did, he'd have points.

HogtownSabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 02:06 PM
SabresBillsBuffalo

Ennis-Roy-Vanek
Stafford-Connolly-Pommer
Gerbe-Hecht-Keleta
Cody-Goose-Grier

SabresBillsBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 04:01 PM
Enzo63

Ennis NEEDS to be on a line with skill. I dont understand this bullsh!t, playing him with guys that DO NOT score (Hecht and Kaleta). There is no point having him on the team if he is not going to get "top 6" minutes. This is almost worse than when Lindy had him playing with Nieds and Grier. That may have been the most frustrating thing I have ever witnessed. He was clicking great with the top line (Roy and Vanek) and I believe even had a 3 or 4 game goal-scoring streak! That has suddenly vanished and now he is only hurting the team because he cannot be used to his strength. He is creative, and is blessed with loads of talent and I do not want to see Lindy ruin ANOTHER promising young star's career. I dont even understand why he seperated the trio in the first place. The team was winning, and the line was producing! Although Tyler can be accountable for some occasional defensive zone lapses, the kid can play. And where he does and should play is on the top line. Stop this nonsense Lindy and dont ruin another promising young star's career. Enough is enough! He has Marty St.Louis written all over him! Do we along with this organization not need a player like this? We have been desperate for this type of offensive player for many years now. I remember many times last year when Tyler Myers would make a mistake (a big mistake) and Lindy would say/do, throw em right back out there! Giving him confidence to play his game, and not be afraid/punished for doing so, and look what that did for him! (He won the Calder trophy). I dont see this with Tyler #2. he punishes him for every little mistake and then throws him down with the plugs (Grier and Nieds). Even when he was producing points consistantly...as soon as there was a neutral zone turnover...BAM..sitting on the bench! Wow..Lindy, you are a great coach, but I sense jealousy alot, and do not like his style with respect to the young kids. You already did this to Max, as well as ALMOST Vanek, but it seems as if Vanek is getting over Lindys brutal/unreasonable actions. LONG LIVE #63 TYLER ENNIS, our future super star! Quit it Ruff, you tool!

Enzo63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 04:13 PM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTV26 View Post
Ennis NEEDS to be on a line with skill. I dont understand this bullsh!t, playing him with guys that DO NOT score (Hecht and Kaleta). There is no point having him on the team if he is not going to get "top 6" minutes. This is almost worse than when Lindy had him playing with Nieds and Grier. That may have been the most frustrating thing I have ever witnessed. He was clicking great with the top line (Roy and Vanek) and I believe even had a 3 or 4 game goal-scoring streak! That has suddenly vanished and now he is only hurting the team because he cannot be used to his strength. He is creative, and is blessed with loads of talent and I do not want to see Lindy ruin ANOTHER promising young star's career. I dont even understand why he seperated the trio in the first place. The team was winning, and the line was producing! Although Tyler can be accountable for some occasional defensive zone lapses, the kid can play. And where he does and should play is on the top line. Stop this nonsense Lindy and dont ruin another promising young star's career. Enough is enough! He has Marty St.Louis written all over him! Do we along with this organization not need a player like this? We have been desperate for this type of offensive player for many years now. I remember many times last year when Tyler Myers would make a mistake (a big mistake) and Lindy would say/do, throw em right back out there! Giving him confidence to play his game, and not be afraid/punished for doing so, and look what that did for him! (He won the Calder trophy). I dont see this with Tyler #2. he punishes him for every little mistake and then throws him down with the plugs (Grier and Nieds). Even when he was producing points consistantly...as soon as there was a neutral zone turnover...BAM..sitting on the bench! Wow..Lindy, you are a great coach, but I sense jealousy alot, and do not like his style with respect to the young kids. You already did this to Max, as well as ALMOST Vanek, but it seems as if Vanek is getting over Lindys brutal/unreasonable actions. LONG LIVE #63 TYLER ENNIS, our future super star! Quit it Ruff, you tool!
Gerbe is a better hockey player than Ennis right now.

jflory81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 05:16 PM
msm29
Was htsportplaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
Gerbe is a better hockey player than Ennis right now.
Yes, but Ennis brings instant offense to whoever he plays with, something we need with guys like Hecht, Pominville (who I've never seen create for himself), Grier, McCormick, Goose & Nieds getting lots of playing time.

I know Ennis has been cold recently, but he's still exciting every time he touches the puck. Next to Roy and Vanek, he's our most dynamic offensive player. Our team defense has been great recently, and with too much playing time Ennis can hurt that, but we're a better team when we can roll 4 lines that can chip in goals.

Ennis is one of those rare players that you can stick on a line with a couple of stone-hands and will still create offensive excitement.

Old
12-11-2010, 05:27 PM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Quote:
Originally Posted by htsportplaya View Post
Yes, but Ennis brings instant offense to whoever he plays with, something we need with guys like Hecht, Pominville (who I've never seen create for himself), Grier, McCormick, Goose & Nieds getting lots of playing time.

I know Ennis has been cold recently, but he's still exciting every time he touches the puck. Next to Roy and Vanek, he's our most dynamic offensive player. Our team defense has been great recently, and with too much playing time Ennis can hurt that, but we're a better team when we can roll 4 lines that can chip in goals.

Ennis is one of those rare players that you can stick on a line with a couple of stone-hands and will still create offensive excitement.
No one's saying he should leave the lineup, in fact, I agree with you.

I was responding to the poster who called Ruff a "tool" for taking him off of the top line because of a couple bad turnovers against the Kings....turnovers you don't want your top line committing, because it results in the other two members having to chase down the puck deep in the defensive end.

Better by far to put Ennis with a defensively responsible guy like Hecht - who, by the way, was good enough offensively to be a winger for both Connolly and Briere - to play a more defensive role and allow Ennis freedom to create for himself and others in the offensive zone.

But Ennis does need to get significantly smarter about stickhandling and creating while he's inside his own blue line. He absolutely deserved to get benched for the final 10 minutes of last night's game while the Sabres were defending a lead. Killer turnovers has been a theme for a lot of the Sabres youngsters, even going back to last year's playoffs when an Ennis turnover turned the tide of game 2 and the series as Buffalo suddenly couldn't hold 3rd period leads.

jflory81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 05:34 PM
msm29
Was htsportplaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
No one's saying he should leave the lineup, in fact, I agree with you.

I was responding to the poster who called Ruff a "tool" for taking him off of the top line because of a couple bad turnovers against the Kings....turnovers you don't want your top line committing, because it results in the other two members having to chase down the puck deep in the defensive end.

Better by far to put Ennis with a defensively responsible guy like Hecht - who, by the way, was good enough offensively to be a winger for both Connolly and Briere - to play a more defensive role and allow Ennis freedom to create for himself and others in the offensive zone.

But Ennis does need to get significantly smarter about stickhandling and creating while he's inside his own blue line. He absolutely deserved to get benched for the final 10 minutes of last night's game while the Sabres were defending a lead. Killer turnovers has been a theme for a lot of the Sabres youngsters, even going back to last year's playoffs when an Ennis turnover turned the tide of game 2 and the series as Buffalo suddenly couldn't hold 3rd period leads.
Agreed. I just read the "Gerbe-Ennis" thing, didn't really look at the whole thread.

Old
12-11-2010, 05:43 PM
wyldthing89

If those lines right now are as good as they we're when those guys will be back, there are 2 untouchables lines right now.

Gerbe-Roy-Vanek so far are doing good. I still wondering why Gerbe as been put on the top line but even if he can't score on a soccer goal right now, they are good.

Cody- Goose and Grier so far is an energy line and as a bonus, they provide offense vs Sharks.

Now the 2 others lines.

I think Ennis need to play in an offensive line with guys that can handle defense so he need to play with Poms and Connolly

A 3rd line with Kaleta Hecht and Stafford can be interesting and should be able to provide some offense.

But and a BIG but, i'm sure that Nieds will be in this line up, Lindy will have an interesting decision to make. Usually Gerbe was the easy pick but as now since he is good with TV and Roy, it will be harder.

wyldthing89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 02:07 AM
The Big Chill

Send a message via AIM to The Big Chill
I think it would be a hit to Ennis's confidence to sit him.

The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 12:44 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetLostQuinn View Post
I think it would be a hit to Ennis's confidence to sit him.
The kid isn't a shrinking violet -- he's one of the most effervescent characters I've seen around the team. Putting him in the pressbox isn't going to kill him and as it has done for countless other offensively minded youngsters... it might just get him focused on being better with the puck in all three zones instead of just one.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 01:49 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
With Connolly returning and Kaleta out...

Adam - Connolly - Vanek
Stafford - Hecht - Pominville
Ennis - Niedermayer - McCormick
Gerbe - Gaustad - Grier

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 01:51 PM
Ron Barr
Doing it to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
With Connolly returning and Kaleta out...

Adam - Connolly - Vanek
Stafford - Hecht - Pominville
Ennis - Niedermayer - McCormick
Gerbe - Gaustad - Grier
Connolly with Vanek
Ennis with Niedermayer
Gaustad with Grier

oh noes

Ron Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 02:14 PM
jfb392

It's nice to see that our incredible center depth allows us to try our best center prospect on the wing.

jfb392 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 02:21 PM
Paradigm

Vanek-Hecht-Pominville
Ennis-Connolly-Stafford
Gerbe-Adam-Kaleta
Niedermeyer-Gaustad-Grier

Couple of interesting combinations that I would like to see... Ennis and Vanek would be swapped first if these lines didn't work out, and I was up in the air about where Kaleta and Grier should be

Paradigm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 03:12 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
It's nice to see that our incredible center depth allows us to try our best center prospect on the wing.
http://www.wgr550.com/Connolly-to-Re...turday/8882404

Quote:
As Luke Adam is a true center, Ruff will likely move him to the wing while Connolly will center the line. "I'm looking at Luke a little bit at practice on the boards. I think we've had a little bit of trouble with our board play in recent weeks. I'm trying to get Luke a little bit of time at wing in case we play him there the odd time, maybe late in games, a real big body down the wall for us."

Agree or not this was Ruff's reasoning.

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 04:38 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Why not just play him on the wing in those late game situations and put him along the wall on the power play...

Taking reps away from our only center prospect at this point in the year is moronic.

struckbyaparkedcar is online now   Reply With Quote