HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Markov and Kovy on the PP

Old
12-10-2010, 10:42 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Markov and Kovy on the PP

With Markov quarterbacking the power play and Kovy ready for us unbelieveable shot with both having the option to a pass to the point for a boomer shot the Habs had a great power play? Can we fit players in who can spice it up a bit by playing similar roles? I would like to see Maxwell or DD in Markovs place with Weber on the point. Can PK take Markovs place rather than telegraphing his moves on the point? Cammy may have a shot akin to Kovy buy he cant struggles against the wall for possession. Eller, Pouliot or Max pac deserve a spot there if they can get off a quick release or crowd the net. All are adequate passers as well.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 10:45 AM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

vCash: 50
Wut. Is this a question?

Aspirine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 10:45 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
With Markov quarterbacking the power play and Kovy ready for us unbelieveable shot with both having the option to a pass to the point for a boomer shot the Habs had a great power play? Can we fit players in who can spice it up a bit by playing similar roles? I would like to see Maxwell or DD in Markovs place with Weber on the point. Can PK take Markovs place rather than telegraphing his moves on the point? Cammy may have a shot akin to Kovy buy he cant struggles against the wall for possession. Eller, Pouliot or Max pac deserve a spot there if they can get off a quick release or crowd the net. All are adequate passers as well.
Don't we have one of the top PP's the last 15 games or so? Why the heck would we call up Desharnais Maxwell(injured) or Pacioretty?

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 10:50 AM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

vCash: 1395
Who's Kovy?

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 10:52 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
Who's Kovy?
the Artist

the Rebel

the Traitor

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 10:58 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

I don't think the question makes any sense... Markov is out for the season and Kovy will never return to the Habs. You try to make the PP work with the tools you have ; in years past the PP was centered around Markov passing to either a strong point shot or to Kovalev. Since we lack Markov, a strong point shot or Kovalev I think a different strategy is more appropriate

Anyways our PP is fine once they are installed in the zone but they appear to have enormous difficulties getting there without losing the puck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
the Artist

the Rebel

the Traitor
Uhmm he wanted to re-sign here. Is Koivu a traitor too?

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 10:59 AM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

vCash: 1395
Quote:
the Artist

the Rebel

the Traitor
I didn't know Prince played hockey, but I hear he's really good at basketball.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Alaix
I believe.

vCash: 883
This thread made me lol...

This is the same as if someone made a trade: Ovechkin and Crosby on the PP!!!

Alaix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 11:04 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Uhmm he wanted to re-sign here. Is Koivu a traitor too?
Yhea, he wanted to resign here.*

(*: On the condition we give him a large amount of money that was beyond what Gainey thought he was worth. Thu he went to the slightly higher amount offered by Ottawa, thu showing everybody how much we genuinely wanted to play here, or just by how much he was willing to sell his personnal preference)

And we didn't really wanted to resign Koivu.

Old
12-10-2010, 11:10 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:

(*: On the condition we give him a large amount of money that was beyond what Gainey thought he was worth. Thu he went to the slightly higher amount offered by Ottawa, thu showing everybody how much we genuinely wanted to play here, or just by how much he was willing to sell his personnal preference)

Actually, I think (if my memory is correct) we gave him the same amount than Gionta (or similar). However Gionta accepted the offer before Kovalev replied (he would likely have accepted the offer). After this we had no space left for him, so he signed with Ottawa to stay close to Montreal.

Yeah, what a ******* traitor

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 11:14 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
With Markov quarterbacking the power play and Kovy ready for us unbelievable shot with both having the option to a pass to the point for a boomer shot the Habs had a great power play? Can we fit players in who can spice it up a bit by playing similar roles? I would like to see Maxwell or DD in Markovs place with Weber on the point. Can PK take Markovs place rather than telegraphing his moves on the point? Cammy may have a shot akin to Kovy buy he cant struggles against the wall for possession. Eller, Pouliot or Max pac deserve a spot there if they can get off a quick release or crowd the net. All are adequate passers as well.
We don't have any players on the Habs now that can take markov's much less in Hamilton. If we want to replace Markov it will come from outside the organization. Personally, I'd rather see us get a top 6 player to play with Gomez and get more scoring up front. Our defense is one of the best in the league right now so I don't see an immediate need to shore it up.

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 11:40 AM
llamateizer

Quote:
hahaha i thought its a 3 years old thread

llamateizer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 11:55 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Actually, I think (if my memory is correct) we gave him the same amount than Gionta (or similar). However Gionta accepted the offer before Kovalev replied (he would likely have accepted the offer). After this we had no space left for him, so he signed with Ottawa to stay close to Montreal.

He had all the time he wanted to sign with us before July, but he waited. waited. Waited.

Nah, I'm sorry, but if the guy had genuinely wanted to play for us above other teams, he would have signed a lot earlier.

I don't dislike the player. I would actually be happy to see him againt in our lines on the condition he respects the current style of play and tries to integrate the team.

But I won't accept the ******** about how it wasn't his fault that he's not playing here anymore. "Traitor" is mostly out of jest than spite (and the fact he did a hat trick on us, grrrr)

Old
12-10-2010, 12:41 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

I got the impression Gainey had a lot of guys he wanted before Kovy(Cammy Gio Havlat Hossa Sundin etc) so he was just a plan B or C.

Why do people feel the need to crap on former players that never had anything bad to say about the team or organisation.

Old
12-10-2010, 01:04 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I got the impression Gainey had a lot of guys he wanted before Kovy(Cammy Gio Havlat Hossa Sundin etc) so he was just a plan B or C.

Why do people feel the need to crap on former players that never had anything bad to say about the team or organisation.
Again, I didn't mean to say that I hate Kovalev. Just that he could have made a better case for himself if he really had wanted to keep playing for us.

I wouldn't hate having him back, if he agreed to follow the team's theme first. But oh boy would he be a great puck-mover.

Old
12-10-2010, 01:25 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
I hope a lot of people on HFBoards don't ever have to ask their boss to re-sign a contact, because 90% would resign!

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 01:37 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
I hope a lot of people on HFBoards don't ever have to ask their boss to re-sign a contact, because 90% would resign!
Well, when your contract is up, yes, you have to renegociate. And that's what him and Gainey did. The offer was on the table, but Kovalev didn't took it, and leaked to the media he'd like to stay in Montreal, hoping to juice more out of our cap.

Gainey didn't broke, and Kovalev simply turned to sign with Ottawa when it was made clear they were the one offering the better money.

Old
12-10-2010, 01:59 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Well, when your contract is up, yes, you have to renegociate. And that's what him and Gainey did. The offer was on the table, but Kovalev didn't took it, and leaked to the media he'd like to stay in Montreal, hoping to juice more out of our cap.

Gainey didn't broke, and Kovalev simply turned to sign with Ottawa when it was made clear they were the one offering the better money.
I'm only talking about how people neglect the proper spelling of re-sign. I am glad Kovalev took to long. Him at 4.5 is worse then Gomez at 7

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 02:57 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Again, I didn't mean to say that I hate Kovalev. Just that he could have made a better case for himself if he really had wanted to keep playing for us.

I wouldn't hate having him back, if he agreed to follow the team's theme first. But oh boy would he be a great puck-mover.
His style doesn't mesh with JM. JM wants quick forwards that counter attack and don't make high risk plays with the puck. Kovly likes to slow things down and dangle.

Old
12-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:

This is what happened. i like to tell myself that anyway..i miss kovy

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 03:58 PM
Raider917

vCash: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by husamus156 View Post
i still do

Raider917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 04:55 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by husamus156 View Post
Me too, couldn't figure out why someone would dig it up. Than I saw it was posted today...wtf?

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 05:45 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Maybe I should of mentioned Souray on the point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse View Post
Me too, couldn't figure out why someone would dig it up. Than I saw it was posted today...wtf?

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 05:56 PM
habdynasty

Things not going to well for kOvalev in Ottawa, sounds like he has been demoted to the 4th line .

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 06:13 PM
habsfan92

Love the skills, hate the player. Don't miss him at all. I am surprised that they don't want to make him captain, seeing that he is such a leader & team player.

habsfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote