HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Request for you

Old
12-10-2010, 04:05 PM
CrewkHead

vCash: 500
Request for you

Yesterday at work my boss called me at his office to show me something. When i got in, he took a used puck from bag with an old magazine with the Habs logo on it. He told me that a guy that he knows gave it to him because he doesn't collect anything and he wanted to give it to someone who likes the habs. So he opened the magazine and there was a ticket written game 11, kings vs canadiens, section 103, row C. I looked at him and he had a big fat smile in the face when he saw my reaction. I asked him what was up with the puck. And he told me that it was the last puck used in the final game of the 93 Stanley Cup that was tossed in the stand by a kings' player. I just couldnt believe it!

So I asked him the proof of it. He told me they were 2 guys at the game and he has the phone number of both to authentify it. But I told him i'd do some research. So I found some footage on the net of it where we clearly see the kings player toss the puck but i wanted to know if you guys know some places where I can find the tape of the game to have different angles of camera and the old forum seatting plan. You would be great help for a salary raise!!!!!

CrewkHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 04:47 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrewkHead View Post
Yesterday at work my boss called me at his office to show me something. When i got in, he took a used puck from bag with an old magazine with the Habs logo on it. He told me that a guy that he knows gave it to him because he doesn't collect anything and he wanted to give it to someone who likes the habs. So he opened the magazine and there was a ticket written game 11, kings vs canadiens, section 103, row C. I looked at him and he had a big fat smile in the face when he saw my reaction. I asked him what was up with the puck. And he told me that it was the last puck used in the final game of the 93 Stanley Cup that was tossed in the stand by a kings' player. I just couldnt believe it!

So I asked him the proof of it. He told me they were 2 guys at the game and he has the phone number of both to authentify it. But I told him i'd do some research. So I found some footage on the net of it where we clearly see the kings player toss the puck but i wanted to know if you guys know some places where I can find the tape of the game to have different angles of camera and the old forum seatting plan. You would be great help for a salary raise!!!!!
No idea on either point but if I was your boss and you figured this out I'd give you a massive raise lol the puck used the last time the Habs won the cup, that would be glorious

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 04:49 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbanged View Post
No idea on either point but if I was your boss and you figured this out I'd give you a massive raise lol the puck used the last time the Habs won the cup, that would be glorious
ITS THE RELIC WE WERE WAITING FOR. THE PROPHECY CAN NOW BE FULFILLED.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 05:01 PM
CrewkHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
ITS THE RELIC WE WERE WAITING FOR. THE PROPHECY CAN NOW BE FULFILLED.
I touched it.....and not only with my hands

Old
12-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Moen in Glory
Sidebar is coming

Quote:

http://hockey.ballparks.com/NHL/Mont...s/oldseats.htm

Moen in Glory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 05:34 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
I touched it.....and not only with my hands
YOUR WANG HAS BEEN BLESSED BY THE SACRED RELIC. MAY IT HELP YOU SCORE.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 07:50 PM
A1
Set Sail For Fail

I don't get it.

Your boss knows it's the puck from the last cup win, but he's going to give you a raise?

Ehh?

A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 09:13 PM
llamateizer

have you blackmailed him or what?

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 11:29 PM
CrewkHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1 View Post
I don't get it.

Your boss knows it's the puck from the last cup win, but he's going to give you a raise?

Ehh?
Nah... He is pretty sure it is but not 100%. So i told him there are ways to find footage of the game.

Old
12-11-2010, 12:42 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

this is pretty cool. keep us posted homey

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 02:59 AM
not quite yoda

Quote:

I can confirm that this is BS and that is not the puck from the last play from the 93 cup win.

While the clock was counting down Demers told Carbo that he would put him on for the last minute if Carbo promised he would get the game puck for Demers. I heard Demers say so years later on tv.

edit: actually it may not have been carbo but rather another veteran. in any event demers did send someone after it.

not quite yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 12:56 PM
CrewkHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by not quite yoda View Post
I can confirm that this is BS and that is not the puck from the last play from the 93 cup win.

While the clock was counting down Demers told Carbo that he would put him on for the last minute if Carbo promised he would get the game puck for Demers. I heard Demers say so years later on tv.

edit: actually it may not have been carbo but rather another veteran. in any event demers did send someone after it.
Well it's a possibility and that is why it is important to check that out. But take a look at the video of the final seconds of the game on youtube and you will see a King player chip it over board. So thats what makes me think its possible.

Old
12-12-2010, 01:42 PM
A1
Set Sail For Fail

Quote:
Well it's a possibility and that is why it is important to check that out. But take a look at the video of the final seconds of the game on youtube and you will see a King player chip it over board. So thats what makes me think its possible.

Yeah I seem to remember the puck going over the glass with time left on the clock and the refs not bothering to whistle it down.

A1 is offline   Reply With Quote