HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Too little too late (Habs lose 4-2)

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2010, 09:37 PM
FF de Mars

vCash: 500
Carbo is a Red Wings fan to the core !

Old
Crymson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I don't remember which Wings player it was, either Cleary or Holmstrom, but on the PP...there was so much interference on Price, his stick ended up getting caught in Price mit
Alright, this is just ridiculous. Cleary's stick got stuck when Price lunged for the puck while Cleary was on his way down to the ice. Replays CLEARLY showed that.

Old
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
So what did JM say about the reffing?
Translation:

"5-on-5, we played well during the entire game and in the 3rd we were given the opportunity to play 5-on-5." "If we had a PP [in the third], it could have made a difference."

Old
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
You know what I noticed tonight about the kid. The commentators were always talking about how good Datsyuk was and his hand eye co-ordination...did you see how many times he batted the puck out of the air, or do acrobatic moves to keep the puck in the PP?

The kid has mad skills, when he gets maturity and experience behind his game I can only imagine how good he will be.

I think the three games off humbled him a bit, I think it is a wake up call and he responded.
I think he is still playing a like a loose cannon. Especially after being benched for a few games. I noticed those things as well. The talent is undeniably there. He is strong on the puck. He has great reflexes. Great skater. I have been seeing these things all season. But there are players with half that talent who can be so much more effective simply because of the mental side of their game (which is one of the reasons I think a possibly damaged Markov may still be worth resigning).

Old
12-10-2010, 09:38 PM
TomPlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crymson View Post
Replays prove you wrong.
Show me a replay. I'm looking for one. I've yet to see one proving 6 men were on the ice.

Old
Crymson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
rafalski dove or he's made of paper
Diving backwards like that isn't easy, and nobody on the Wings is known for diving. I think you're wrong.

Old
googlymoogly

Quote:
That's funny. To us Wings fans, it appears as if the Wings get constantly screwed for being the Wings.

That said, Plekanec should avoid getting his stick in an opponent's legs. His fault.
The only problem with your explanation is Plekanec never put his stick between his legs.

Old
12-10-2010, 09:39 PM
Crymson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPlex View Post
Show me a replay. I'm looking for one. I've yet to see one proving 6 men were on the ice.
I guess you weren't watching the game very closely, then. CBC determined it pretty easily.

Old
Crymson

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
The only problem with your explanation is Plekanec never put his stick between his legs.
"In" does not necessarily mean "between".

Old
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aznrx8 View Post
First game we let 4 goals in (in regulation)
That's a technicality, mitigated by the fact that the 4th was an empty netter after a botched attempt to hold the puck in the zone. It doesn't count against Price's record.

Old
12-10-2010, 09:40 PM
sheed36

Quote:
That's funny. To us Wings fans, it appears as if the Wings get constantly screwed for being the Wings.

That said, Plekanec should avoid getting his stick in an opponent's legs. His fault.
Teemu disagrees and I agree with him.. Anyone else with me..

Teemu's quote seems pretty dead on to me..

Quote:
Teemu Selanne.... "It is a joke," he said. "As long as I have played here, it's always happened. You almost know. They get at least three power plays every first period. ... Like 50-50 calls are going to go in their favor. We knew. It's not a secret for anybody. Plus, there's a young referee who's pumped to do the games here. The calls are going to go in their favor."

Old
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauce514 View Post
great game for both team , but the best team won
Quote:
I guess you weren't watching the game very closely, then. CBC determined it pretty easily.
You mean the same way the wings did it the third and there was no call?

Old
TomPlex

Quote:
I was watching on RDS. They DIDN'T show it. That's fine then, legit call. I just figured since Gionta was waiting and watching and waiting before he came on the ice that there was no way it was too many men.

Old
12-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
I agree. He was easily our worst forward if you ask me. Need better from him.
He was worse than Cammalleri?

Old
12-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Crymson

I haven't seen many people giving Howard any credit for his great performance in goal. And even if your team had gotten more power plays, what's to say that they would certainly have scored?

Old
12-10-2010, 09:43 PM
PK76

Quote:
he was awful tonight..missing open nets, stupid dump ins - a la gomez with no one in site to retrieve it etc...he played dumb
He only missed one if I recall correctly but it was bad! He absolutely needed to bury that one! He'll need to play better on the road and show more consistency if he wants to keep his spot on the first line. He only has 4 points in 12 games on the road and 15 points in 17 games at home. The 7 game road trip at the end of december will be very important for him as he'll need to step it up to keep his confidence.

I wasn't too happy to see him benched completely when we needed a goal at the end of the game but I guess Martin wanted to send a message.

Old
12-10-2010, 09:43 PM
Crymson

Quote:

The Wings have been screwjobbed by the refs multiple times against Anaheim. Teemu was angry about Kronwall's hit on him at the time; he felt it was dirty. This was probably at the root of his tirade.

Old
12-10-2010, 09:44 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I'm guessing: Subban out, Weber in/ Price out, Auld in tomorrow. Subban being out is pretty much 100%. I hope they give Price a rest. I don't want him tired down the stretch and playing Detroit is probably more tiring than other games with all the traffic and crease crashing.
Especially when the Habs give a top team gift PPs, including a 5-0n-3.

Old
12-10-2010, 09:44 PM
WG

I'll second (or third) the appreciation for Boyd coming out of purgatory to play a pretty strong game. Without the Pleks penalty, which looked like a bit of a dive by Rafalski, maybe no late goal in the first and it might have been a much different outcome.

I also echo the sentiment that the team didn't fold up coming out down 3-1 in the third and played a really good period so it's somethnig to build on. As losses go it's one I can live with as opposed to the total no show effort at Atlanta a couple of weeks ago.

Old
12-10-2010, 09:45 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:

Teemu Selanne said.... "It is a joke," he said. "As long as I have played here, it's always happened. You almost know. They get at least three power plays every first period. ... Like 50-50 calls are going to go in their favor. We knew. It's not a secret for anybody. Plus, there's a young referee who's pumped to do the games here. The calls are going to go in their favor."
LOL. I didn't know he said that but totally agree. The Ref Wings always seem to get the benefit of the doubt from the officials.

Did the NHL punish Teemu for breaking omerta?

Old
googlymoogly

Quote:
Alright, this is just ridiculous. Cleary's stick got stuck when Price lunged for the puck while Cleary was on his way down to the ice. Replays CLEARLY showed that.
Yes but what was funnier was the ref had his hand up and was going to call a penalty on Price for holding his stick that is how biased they were in the first period. If not for a linesman pointing out that it was stuck in Price's glove you would of had two five one threes in the first.

Old
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
"In" does not necessarily mean "between".
Don't you have your own board? We say tomato, you say tomata, regardless of what penalties we received, the point is Detroit should've received penalties in the 3rd. JM NEVER says anything about the refs. In fact, he's so passive about it he pisses of most fans for his lack of passion about it.

But even he is pissed off. The Wings got away with **** in the 3rd. Hell, at one point, a downed Wing was literally holding onto Lappy's leg behind the net so he couldn't get away. He dragged him down. That should've been called, not to mention a lot of other calls.

We blew it with some stupid penalties in the first, but the refs helped you guys out in the 3rd by not calling some pretty blatant penalties.

Mod edit:

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 12-11-2010 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Play nice
Old
andy28

Quote:
once subban learns to control his passion he will be a star - and by passion i mean his aggression..lol...getting out of position to make a big hit, pinching at wrong times etc
Yup. And these are all pleasant things to see from him, but he has to harness that energy in order to give it meaning.

Old
TomPlex

Quote:
I haven't seen many people giving Howard any credit for his great performance in goal. And even if your team had gotten more power plays, what's to say that they would certainly have scored?
That's just generally how hockey goes. Teams get rewarded for their good play. ESPECIALLY if we would've gotten 4 or 5 PPs in the 3rd like we should've. 1 was bound to click.

Old
The Camera Eye

We were un-disciplined tonight guys, nothing we can do about it. Refs weren't all at fault IMO. Bad penalties at bad times. If AKost pots that empty net goal, Datsyuk doesn't score the goal that immediately followed it. We played a poor 2nd period and our excellent effort in the 3rd was overshadowed by strong and timely goaltending by Jimmy. Good effort overall and P.K was MUCH better in the 3rd. On to the next game, I've got some $ on the Habs beating the Laffs with a few co-workers who are Laff fans, let's hope we show up for 60 minutes tomorrow night.

Closed Thread