HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#31: Flyers @ Bruins - Saturday, Dec. 11, 2010 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
12-11-2010, 10:35 PM
DUHockey9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
PK just screwed up by Randy Jonesing a slapper into a Leafs' player's shins which led to Versteeg's EN goal. Habs lose.
I kind of missing hearing...

"Jones SHOT!...block."

...just for the sake of humor.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 10:36 PM
mypunkrock

Missed most of the game. Glad we won though.

If the rumors about trading Z are true, think they call up Wellwood for the next few games?

He's a better fit in the top 9 than Zherdev, and he can play better D...

mypunkrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 10:42 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mypunkrock View Post
Missed most of the game. Glad we won though.

If the rumors about trading Z are true, think they call up Wellwood for the next few games?

He's a better fit in the top 9 than Zherdev, and he can play better D...
If we're trying to trade Z, I believe we will play him, to show the team what he's about.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 10:46 PM
MsWoof

What rumours about trading Zherdev are you guys hearing????

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 10:48 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5602
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
If we're trying to trade Z, I believe we will play him, to show the team what he's about.
Those kind of things, like "showcasing," don't go on. Unless you're a bad team. Everyone knows who Zherdev is and what he does. No team that has intentions on competition compromises the chances of the team in order to give a player they're trying to get rid of prime minutes.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 11:03 PM
Appleyard

vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
I kind of missing hearing...

"Jones SHOT!...block."

...just for the sake of humor.
I somehow miss randy jones overall, have no idea why, just after watching him on flyers cribs he seemed the most boring perosn ever, and also seemed he liked the flyers, and was a devout canadian (lol), (dunno how those factors appeal to me!) still cant believe we waived him, a d-man who can put up a good 30-40 points, and solid on d, even though we pretty much had to, it was obv he was going to get claimed, cant believe holmgren didnt see that.

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 11:12 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
I somehow miss randy jones overall, have no idea why, just after watching him on flyers cribs he seemed the most boring perosn ever, and also seemed he liked the flyers, and was a devout canadian (lol), (dunno how those factors appeal to me!) still cant believe we waived him, a d-man who can put up a good 30-40 points, and solid on d, even though we pretty much had to, it was obv he was going to get claimed, cant believe holmgren didnt see that.
???

Are you sure we're talking about Randy Jones?

The guy is awful. Even Kings fans saw why we hated him. Pretty sure Tampa fans aren't far from it either.

Old
12-11-2010, 11:15 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Just caught the highlights.

Shelley is a ****ing moron - such a dangerous, stupid move. Hopefully McQuaid is going to be okay. And I hope Shelley is suspended for that stupidity.

Nice goal by JVR. Bad giveaway by Pronger on Horton's goal. Boucher was awesome, from the few saves they showed. And FINALLY Richie scores in OT and it holds up!!

Good job boys -- hate giving Boston a point, but at least they got the 2!

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 11:36 PM
Rosie
HFB Partner

Hey Everyone,

Here's some postgame video from tonight courtesy of your's truly from Inside Hockey featuring Boucher, Horton, McQuaid and JVR:

Have a great rest of the weekend,

Rosie

Rosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 11:42 PM
chaosof99*

Woohoo, 2 points. I guess Richie didn't wait this time

Unfortunately, couldn't see the game. First period I couldn't get a stream and for the 2nd, 3rd, and OT I was at work, though checking the score on my iPhone on a regular basis. I'm really surprised that Boucher stood his ground, and apparently did so well, in a goaltending matchup against Thomas.

Don't really care if Shelley gets suspended or not. 5 and a game is probably enough, but the team would probably be better without Shelley.

Now the team can shape up and hopefully end those ****ing Penguins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockwise View Post
Word. That shift by Betts, Powe, and Carbomb in the dying minutes of the third was fantastic.
Can somebody post that?

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 12:08 AM
Appleyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
???

Are you sure we're talking about Randy Jones?

The guy is awful. Even Kings fans saw why we hated him. Pretty sure Tampa fans aren't far from it either.
Maybe il take back the solid on d claim! but it was damn obvious someone would claim him! He's damn deceptive, u think he's good then he'l f-up, i liked him for non hockey reasons, he just seemed such a normal-decent guy, I dont think his point scoring capability is in question though, just everything else!

Old
12-12-2010, 12:22 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Jones was terrible in all aspects of the game, even points wise. He had a few nice goals from the point, but otherwise a bunch of his assists were secondary. He was terrible here, was terrible in LA, and now in Tampa.

On that note, what has happened to JXC? lol. He posted all the time when Stevens/Jones was here but ever since they both got canned, I havent seen him around at all.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 12:29 AM
Appleyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Jones was terrible in all aspects of the game, even points wise. He had a few nice goals from the point, but otherwise a bunch of his assists were secondary. He was terrible here, was terrible in LA, and now in Tampa.

On that note, what has happened to JXC? lol. He posted all the time when Stevens/Jones was here but ever since they both got canned, I havent seen him around at all.
I always thought jonesy wasnt too bad on the point front, but maybe that was selective watching as i quite liked him! The thing was I just knew he'd get claimed when we waived him, either on way down, or way back up... Someone was gona take a guy on d who put +20 points up the season before!

Old
12-12-2010, 12:33 AM
Appleyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post

Unfortunately, couldn't see the game. First period I couldn't get a stream and for the 2nd, 3rd, and OT I was at work, though checking the score on my iPhone on a regular basis. I'm really surprised that Boucher stood his ground, and apparently did so well, in a goaltending matchup against Thomas.

Don't really care if Shelley gets suspended or not. 5 and a game is probably enough, but the team would probably be better without Shelley.

Can somebody post that?

Get espn player! 80 quid a year for every nhl game, its so worth it, especially in europe where u maybe get 10 flyers games a year on espn tv, and for an obvious hardcore fan like u itl pay u back in no time, id say i watch 65-70 flyers games a year on it, and its quality, far better than hoping streams happen.

Old
12-12-2010, 01:25 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Boucher was awesome, from the few saves they showed.
He was really, really good. Too bad he might let in 14 next game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post

Can somebody post that?
I missed most of the 3rd and OT, I'd love to see that as well. Right now, I'd say Thomas is absolutely worth his contract. He is absolutely able to win games on his own, assuming the B's score a goal or two in front of him. I like watching him play, until I realize he's robbing the pants off of the Flyers

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 01:36 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post

The better one was South Beach... who was rolling around the Kings board last year defending Jones from the same criticisms that were dished out in these parts by "haters".

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 01:54 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
that was as good of a 2-1 game as you are going to see. Glad we got the win.
Both goalies were good.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 02:13 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
The better one was South Beach... who was rolling around the Kings board last year defending Jones from the same criticisms that were dished out in these parts by "haters".
South Beach = Jones. I remember one time I looked at South Beach's posts and EVERY SINGLE post had Randy Jones in it. Even Wolfy wasnt that insane with OTK.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 02:55 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

I think that JXC must of been a relative of either stevens or jones. No one would defend either that much

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 03:39 AM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Wow, I forgot about South Beach. I wonder if he got banned lol.

Old
12-12-2010, 04:18 AM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Just got done watching the game in its entirety. What a great game by both teams! That was really fun to watch. Speaking of fun to watch, as much as Jack Edwards bugs me, NESN has one of the best looking broadcasts I've seen. Everything looks very sharp, the camerawork is top notch for following a hockey game, and the puck looks huge.

Oh, and Tim Thomas must sleep on a bed made of strippers and blow, he is such a rock star.

edit: Possibly one of the strongest games I've seen from Boosh. As a Flyers fan I feel bad for praising Timmy before Boosh, but I've come to the realization I have a mancrush on Timmy.

Last edited by ChumpyG: 12-12-2010 at 04:35 AM.
ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 05:43 AM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
If nodl hasn't won you over already i dont know what more he can do. The guy is playing excellent, and him and ritchie are really developing some good chemistry
Nödl has done everything asked of him so far this season. I'm just not quite convinced yet that this is the player we'll see for the next couple of seasons or if he's just really in a groove, playing better than he'll ever do again. Kind of pessimistic I guess, but the way he played when he earned the nickname NoGoal is still not that far away in time.

Anyway, he was one of the best players out on the ice yesterday, and has been really good for quite a while now.

Also, about the chemistry with Richards thing, that is one of the reasons I like Richards so much. He seems to gel with pretty much any player put next to him. Gagné, Knuble, Downie, Lupul, Hartnell, Umberger, Giroux... they've all played some of their better hockey next to Richards. It's a shame that it doesn't seem to click with Carter.

Last edited by mirimon: 12-12-2010 at 05:51 AM.
mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 06:56 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
Nödl has done everything asked of him so far this season. I'm just not quite convinced yet that this is the player we'll see for the next couple of seasons or if he's just really in a groove, playing better than he'll ever do again. Kind of pessimistic I guess, but the way he played when he earned the nickname NoGoal is still not that far away in time.

Anyway, he was one of the best players out on the ice yesterday, and has been really good for quite a while now.

Also, about the chemistry with Richards thing, that is one of the reasons I like Richards so much. He seems to gel with pretty much any player put next to him. Gagné, Knuble, Downie, Lupul, Hartnell, Umberger, Giroux... they've all played some of their better hockey next to Richards. It's a shame that it doesn't seem to click with Carter.
Carter doesn't have that affect because it's just the way he plays. He's a shoot-fast-and-often player which means he has the puck as much as he can and he's not likely to pass it. It would be interesting to see how much time he has the puck compared to his linemates.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 06:59 AM
Opus

vCash: 50
I feel like I've been gone for ages, only to come back and read all about Jones.

...makes me feel like I haven't missed a beat.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 07:29 AM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote