HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

So how does the 3D look? Reviews anyone?

Old
12-11-2010, 07:56 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

vCash: 500
So how does the 3D look? Reviews anyone?

I don't have any glasses myself

ps. Some detailed descriptions would be nice. Thanks.

Last edited by Born in 1909: 12-11-2010 at 08:08 PM.
Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 07:58 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
Neither do I.

I can't be useful in this thread, but with every useless post I inch my way closer to 3000.

Stjonnypopo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 08:00 PM
habsfanwpg27*

i'm almost at 200...whoooo! but yeah 3d eh no clue. I heard 30 rock is a great show.

habsfanwpg27* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 08:01 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Reviews from Renaud Lavoie is that it's okay, but he says there's some serious problems as far as hockey is concerned. Only gives it a 5 out of 10.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Mister Potato

I have Bell and tune into channel 1933 but it doesn't show 3D at all. It's two split screens. I don't know you anyone else using Bell has the same issue.

Mister Potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 08:31 PM
neilsonftw

Using videotron, it looks ok using the view from upside, but when they use the ice-level camera, it's just amazing, really looks like your're next to the ice.

neilsonftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Mister Potato

no reviews at all ?

Old
12-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Azalichio

Send a message via MSN to Azalichio
Tried it with videotron with the safe 3D, ( blue/red glasses ). from the top, pretty average but ice level? very, very nice. Still kinda meh because of the glasses themselves. hard to adjust especially when you remove them after watching the habs for some time.

Makes me really want to try it with true HD to see the difference, because going from standart to HD to 3D you really notice the change.

They also showed some footage from the Flyers/bruins games outside and boy that was amazing, clarity is incredible in 3d.

But in the end, no matter how nice it was at ice level and everything, it still feels kinda not ready, at least with the "safe" 3d.

Azalichio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 10:28 PM
Mister Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azalichio View Post
Tried it with videotron with the safe 3D, ( blue/red glasses ). from the top, pretty average but ice level? very, very nice. Still kinda meh because of the glasses themselves. hard to adjust especially when you remove them after watching the habs for some time.

Makes me really want to try it with true HD to see the difference, because going from standart to HD to 3D you really notice the change.

They also showed some footage from the Flyers/bruins games outside and boy that was amazing, clarity is incredible in 3d.

But in the end, no matter how nice it was at ice level and everything, it still feels kinda not ready, at least with the "safe" 3d.
I tried 3D with Bell, but it didn't seem to work properly. There was a split between the screen of the TV and it was showing the same thing on both screens. I called Bell to ask them what was happening and they told me it was a problem with the broadcaster and that they were trying to fix the problem, but I tried after and it was still the same.

So I was wondering if anybody using Bell and tried 3D had the same problem as I did or it wasn't CBC having problems but Bell was.

Old
12-11-2010, 10:39 PM
Azalichio

Send a message via MSN to Azalichio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Potato View Post
I tried 3D with Bell, but it didn't seem to work properly. There was a split between the screen of the TV and it was showing the same thing on both screens. I called Bell to ask them what was happening and they told me it was a problem with the broadcaster and that they were trying to fix the problem, but I tried after and it was still the same.

So I was wondering if anybody using Bell and tried 3D had the same problem as I did or it wasn't CBC having problems but Bell was.
split screen? wasn't that true 3d? Should have been another channel with cyan/red for regular HD tv ( work without having a 3d tv ). seems like you were watching the wrong channel. Videotron had both : 801 was true 3d, split screen, and 802 was called Safe 3D, cyan/red.

Azalichio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 10:45 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
split screen was the real 3D channel. You needed the 3DTV to watch that properly.

the Safe 3D was kind of terrible for me...

I think only videotron offered the Safe 3D channel.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Nedved

Quote:
I have Bell and tune into channel 1933 but it doesn't show 3D at all. It's two split screens. I don't know you anyone else using Bell has the same issue.
you need the new bell receiver that is for 3d tv. that's right more money. watched it at a friends, it's nothing special. maybe it would be better on another station, because even cbc's hd quality seems below tsn's/nhl network. I don't like the idea of 3d, it didn't improve my quality of watching. Honestly, if the 3d tv is going to work, it has a lot of work to do.

I was wondering about the glasses, can the movie 3d glasses work as well? or only the ones that turn on?

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 10:51 PM
Mister Potato

I have a 3D ready Samsung TV and the glasses and on CBC it says for bell subscribers is channel 1933 and it had a split screen.

Old
12-11-2010, 10:52 PM
Mister Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
you need the new bell receiver that is for 3d tv. that's right more money. watched it at a friends, it's nothing special. maybe it would be better on another station, because even cbc's hd quality seems below tsn's/nhl network. I don't like the idea of 3d, it didn't improve my quality of watching. Honestly, if the 3d tv is going to work, it has a lot of work to do.

I was wondering about the glasses, can the movie 3d glasses work as well? or only the ones that turn on?
which receiver is that ? I have the Bell HD receiver 6131 I think it's the only one they have.

Old
12-11-2010, 11:05 PM
Nedved

Quote:
which receiver is that ? I have the Bell HD receiver 6131 I think it's the only one they have.
if you have the newer black receiver it should work, if you have the older silver receiver it won't.

i checked yours, it should cause it plays both the mpeg-2 and mpeg-4 signals. Maybe you needed the 3d tv?

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 11:40 PM
Mister Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
if you have the newer black receiver it should work, if you have the older silver receiver it won't.

i checked yours, it should cause it plays both the mpeg-2 and mpeg-4 signals. Maybe you needed the 3d tv?
lol i don't know what was wrong. I have a Samsung 3D tv and the glasses.

Old
12-12-2010, 12:08 AM
Sevren

vCash: 50
Are you sure that your TV supports 3D without additional hardware? If the answer is yes, look at its configuration and make sure it is set to receive "side by side" 3D because apparently it isn't auto-detecting the 3D format. You can test it using channel 1933 on Bell TV because it plays 3D content 24/7 as far as I know.

Blu-Ray sends full frames when it comes to 3D, but TV providers only send side by side half frames to save bandwidth and provide 3D on already available receivers that do not officially support 3D. Your TV must be able to detect this and reformat the picture accordingly.

Sevren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 12:10 AM
Mister Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevren View Post
Are you sure that your TV supports 3D without additional hardware? If the answer is yes, look at its configuration and make sure it is set to receive "side by side" 3D because apparently it isn't auto-detecting the 3D format. You can test it using channel 1933 on Bell TV because it plays 3D content 24/7 as far as I know.

Blu-Ray sends full frames when it comes to 3D, but TV providers only send side by side half frames to save bandwidth and provide 3D on already available receivers that do not officially support 3D. Your TV must be able to detect this and reformat the picture accordingly.
Thanks for the info, I'll try to figure out the configuration with the TV.

Old
12-12-2010, 01:36 AM
MacHabs93

Looked great on my 50 inch Panasonic with Videotron. Now as good as a 3D bluray, but much better than regular 2D-3D conversion.

MacHabs93 is offline   Reply With Quote