HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Final Team Slovakia Roster

Old
12-11-2010, 06:13 AM
slovakiasnextone

vCash: 500
Final Team Slovakia Roster

G Dominik Riečický HC Košice 1992
G Tomáš Pék HC Slovan Bratislava
G Juraj Hollý Calgary Hitmen/WHL 1991

D Peter Čerešňák HC Dukla Trenčín 1993
D Peter Trška HC Slovan Bratislava 1992
D Lukáš Kozák MHC Martin 1991
D Henrich Jaborník HK 36 Skalica 1991
D Peter Hraško HKM Zvolen 1991
D Martin Marinčin Prince George Cougars/WHL 1992
D Adam Jánošík Gatineau Olympiques/QMJHL 1992

F Dominik Šimčák HC Košice 1992
F Oliver Jokeľ HC Košice 1992
F Andrej Šťastný Dukla Trenčín 1991
F Miroslav Preisinger HC Slovan Bratislava 1991
F Peter Šišovský MHC Martin 1991
F Tomáš Matoušek HC 05 Banská Bystrica 1992
F Michael Vandas HK ŠKP Poprad 1991
F Juraj Majdán HC Litvínov/CZE 1991
F Richard Pánik Guelph Storm/OHL 1991
F Marek Hrivík Moncton Wildcats/QMJHL 1991
F Tomáš Jurčo Saint John Sea Dogs/QMJHL 1992
F Andrej Kudrna Red Deer Rebels/WHL 1991
F Dalibor Bortňák Kamloops Blazers/WHL 1991

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 08:14 AM
DrPabloRamirez

I am quite near satisfied, solid roster.
Main concerns are about goaltenders. I really don't know who will be number 1.
4 of 7 D-men are underaged including youngest Ceresnak. Marincin should play with Janosik as they play together some years for Slovakia '92 teams.
Jabornik and Hrasko have played together some tournaments earlier this season.
3rd pair will consist of "Orange 20" players - Kozak, Trska, Ceresnak. One of them will be 7th D-man.

1st line - Panik, Bortnak, Kudrna
Next two lines
Jurco, Simcak, Hrivik, Jurco with Simcak for the same reason as Marincin + Janosik. Hrivik could make 1st line instead of Kudrna.
Jokel (Majdan), Stastny, Vandas - I have no idea about Mikes thoughts about Majdan. IMO, Majdan may move into this "Orange 20" line.
4th line - Sisovsky, Preisinger, Matousek.

DrPabloRamirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 08:42 AM
slovakiasnextone

I originally thought about Pánik-Kudrna and Jurčo-Hrivík as No.1,2 line winger combos, but then I´ve heard that back at the Summer Challenge Jurčo and Kudrna played together and it worked really well, I guess Bortňák was their C back there. And IMO I believe that Šťastný will be the other center on our top 6- he´s older, more experienced and if you wanna base it on who has played with whom once upon a time, then he has too played at least with Hrivík in their U18 days.

Old
12-11-2010, 09:08 AM
Krotak
is the Legend

Jesus, I look forward to these U20 championship. It is a good team. It is a pity that Tatar and Viedenský are not a little younger. That would be a great team. However does not matter and i hope this squad will achive its objective.

I was a bit surprised Michal Murček is not there, but then i found this:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=40258

He is too low (174 cm) and lightweight (70 kg) for this tourney. Now i think it is good choice by coach Mikeš.

Krotak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 09:11 AM
usual suspects

Curious to see how Hrvik does in the tourney. I hope he plays well enough to get drafted or sign by a team. (is he still draft eligible?...must be if he is in the tourney)

usual suspects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 09:30 AM
Indian

As was previously mentioned the biggest question is in the net. I suppose Mikes is going try them out in the exhibition games to figure out the No.1, but then again I'm a little bit worried it will be last year all over again.
The defense is looking very solid, I just hope they will prove it on the ice too.
I think first line is going to be Panik - Bortnak - Hrivik, second Jurco - Stastny - Kudrna, maybe even switch centers. It would be funny though if there were a Kosice line with Jurco - Simcak - Jokel, but that's not going to happen
I'm really looking forward to the WJC games, I think I even like them a bit more than ihwc, they are more dynamic.

Indian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 09:34 AM
slovakiasnextone

It´s too bad that we won´t be able to see the Slovakia-Germany game as no signal will be created for that one. All other group games should be live on STV3.

Old
12-11-2010, 09:43 AM
DrPabloRamirez

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
It´s too bad that we won´t be able to see the Slovakia-Germany game as no signal will be created for that one. All other group games should be live on STV3.
CT4 will broadcast also only three games (probably same reason with Norway game). All Canada games will be on Eurosport 2 (some of them with delay because of Spengler cup), game against Russia will be on STV3 too.

DrPabloRamirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 10:41 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

I can hardly wait to see how Martin Marincin does. He has been completely dominant in the WHL. Just a fantastic player, among the elite defencemen this year in the CHL.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 11:01 AM
dunkykeith4president

i actually like the look of this years slovakian team. these kids seem to have a lot of heart and a big set of stones underneath those thigh pads. excited for it!

dunkykeith4president is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 03:39 AM
alko

Quote:
Hm, i read somewhere, that it will be also this game broadcasted...

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 11:23 AM
smitty10

This Slovak team is quite big and solid. Good top line of players too.

Kudrna-Bortnak-Panik

Marincin-Janosik

And with Jurco, Hrvik and Stastny providing secondary scoring, I really think this team can do well. Goaltending seems to be an issue though, so hopefully Holly can pull a Janus and bring Slovakia into the medal rounds.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 09:42 PM
76ftw

vCash: 1907
Hrivik had a hat trick tonight in his final game before the juniors with Moncton.

Great player with a **** ton of skill, was over shadowed by Kabanov but is double the player. It's a shame for me as a Wildcats fan, that it was probably his last game (likely to be dealt as the Cats rebuild after a title last year) in the uniform, but none the less, great player should do great for the Slovaks!

Good luck! I'd guess Slovakia is my number two this year after Canada if only because of Hrivik. (Well that and they always seem to be the underdog despite being a good team in their own right).

76ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 01:07 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
Hrivik had a hat trick tonight in his final game before the juniors with Moncton.

Great player with a **** ton of skill, was over shadowed by Kabanov but is double the player. It's a shame for me as a Wildcats fan, that it was probably his last game (likely to be dealt as the Cats rebuild after a title last year) in the uniform, but none the less, great player should do great for the Slovaks!

Good luck! I'd guess Slovakia is my number two this year after Canada if only because of Hrivik. (Well that and they always seem to be the underdog despite being a good team in their own right).
I'll be watching Slovakia closely as well because I'd like to see Marincin play on a bigger stage. Thank you Carolina for that pick!

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 04:20 AM
alko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
I'll be watching Slovakia closely as well because I'd like to see Marincin play on a bigger stage. Thank you Carolina for that pick!
you should be thankfull to Oilers GM, he made this pick...

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 01:24 PM
Prussian_Blue

What is Ceresnak's potential and upside? And does he have interest in coming to North America to play junior and/or pro hockey?

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 07:58 AM
Krotak
is the Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
What is Ceresnak's potential and upside? And does he have interest in coming to North America to play junior and/or pro hockey?
I think so. Here is his answer.
http://translate.google.sk/translate...93%26p%3D57485

Old
12-17-2010, 08:14 AM
Krotak
is the Legend

I found some Videos and Photos about slovak Orange 20 team. I hope it works outside of Slovakia.

Videos:
http://www.osporte.sk/index.php?id_cat=111&rs=82138
http://www.osporte.sk/index.php?id_cat=111&rs=82152
http://www.osporte.sk/index.php?id_c...593%E2%8A%82=2
http://www.osporte.sk/index.php?id_cat=111&rs=82515
http://www.osporte.sk/index.php?id_cat=111&rs=82516

Photos:
http://www.osporte.sk/index.php?id_cat=1002&rs=1550

Old
12-17-2010, 09:50 AM
Nabokov20
Karlsson for Chuck

vCash: 1325
Peter Hraško

Nabokov20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 02:34 PM
princegeorgehockey

Marincin leads all whl defenceman in scoring playing with brett connolly in prince george. I'm interested to see how well he will do in this years tournament because by all accounts he is a very complete defenceman better than say a jared cowen on team canada.

princegeorgehockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 02:42 PM
Hale The Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by princegeorgehockey View Post
Marincin leads all whl defenceman in scoring playing with brett connolly in prince george. I'm interested to see how well he will do in this years tournament because by all accounts he is a very complete defenceman better than say a jared cowen on team canada.
Says who?

Hale The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 04:55 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
This Slovak team is quite big and solid. Good top line of players too.

Kudrna-Bortnak-Panik

Marincin-Janosik

And with Jurco, Hrivik and Stastny providing secondary scoring, I really think this team can do well. Goaltending seems to be an issue though, so hopefully Holly can pull a Janus and bring Slovakia into the medal rounds.
As I previously said, I think that due to the history of playing with each other at the U20 Summer Challenge and prvodigin for the majority of Slovak scoring there, Jurčo and Kudrna will play together, I think they were centered by Bortňák there as well.

The other top line will probably be Pánik and Hrivík, not sure who´s gonna be their center, Šťastný might be the easiest bet, but maybe they won´t want to destroy the chemistry of Šťastn´s line from the U20 team.

Marinčin-Jánošík as the first deffense pairing, the 2nd the returnees Hraško and Jaborník and the third one Kozák with Trška/Čerešňák with the odd one out being the 7th D.

I doubt that Hollý will put on any Janus like performances, and neither will any of the two goalies- IMO Hollý might not even get into the net, we won´t really know the goaltending duo up until the exhibition games against Norway and especially Russia. With Janus most people knew that he actually was really good, he wa sthe No.1 in Erie, he´s main problem (asides from the typical inconsistency) was that his team sucked. Hollý is like what the 3rd goalie in Calgary, he´s played like 10 or something games? I definitely wouldn´t bet anything on him being the No.1 in the Slovak net. But goaltending won´t probably help us undepending on which of the goalies in the net, we will have to rely on a solid deffense first.

Old
12-19-2010, 08:53 AM
smitty10

Quote:
As I previously said, I think that due to the history of playing with each other at the U20 Summer Challenge and prvodigin for the majority of Slovak scoring there, Jurčo and Kudrna will play together, I think they were centered by Bortňák there as well.

The other top line will probably be Pánik and Hrivík, not sure who´s gonna be their center, Šťastný might be the easiest bet, but maybe they won´t want to destroy the chemistry of Šťastn´s line from the U20 team.

Marinčin-Jánošík as the first deffense pairing, the 2nd the returnees Hraško and Jaborník and the third one Kozák with Trška/Čerešňák with the odd one out being the 7th D.

I doubt that Hollý will put on any Janus like performances, and neither will any of the two goalies- IMO Hollý might not even get into the net, we won´t really know the goaltending duo up until the exhibition games against Norway and especially Russia. With Janus most people knew that he actually was really good, he wa sthe No.1 in Erie, he´s main problem (asides from the typical inconsistency) was that his team sucked. Hollý is like what the 3rd goalie in Calgary, he´s played like 10 or something games? I definitely wouldn´t bet anything on him being the No.1 in the Slovak net. But goaltending won´t probably help us undepending on which of the goalies in the net, we will have to rely on a solid deffense first.
I just figured Holly would start in net because of his size and because he's a 1991 birthdate. I've seen a video of him and he looked fairly solid, but I know I'd need to see him live to really evaluate him.

How good of a player is Peter Ceresnak? Do you think he'll be drafted this year?

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 12:47 PM
Krotak
is the Legend

Quote:

What do you think about Majdán as a center of this line. I know he is RW in the Litvínov's fourth line where Gerhát is playing center. However I got a feeling he already played a center but I am not sure.

Old
12-20-2010, 01:14 AM
nabby12

whos their jaroslav janus this year?

nabby12 is offline   Reply With Quote