HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Poll: whose in?

View Poll Results: Whose in?
Yes 14 48.28%
god no 3 10.34%
maybe next year 1 3.45%
lets see how the year turns out 11 37.93%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-10-2010, 09:13 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

vCash: 500
Poll: whose in?

As the title says who thinks we should do it and go all in? Im talking about picking up a veteran like langenbrunner and another defenseman, and taking a stab at it. Im starting to feel real confident this team can take it deep

They looked like a playoff team tonight

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 09:19 PM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Regehr (and maybe Langenbrunner) please!

The former would bring exactly what we need and isn't that old either.

Playmaker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 09:19 PM
RE-HABS

The Habs D is fine, and moving Spacek would make sense so we could let Weber play with Hamrlik, we would then have Subban and Hamrlik on the 1st PP and Weber and Picard on the 2nd.

We need help in the top 6 as the bottom six is fine, Boyd looked great tonight. And I hate Healy, but he made sense tonight when he said Langenbrunner would look great on Montreal. He is Travis Moen with hands.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 09:25 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Way too soon. Let's at least get to the All Star break then assess the situation. We've yet to hit what every team goes through in a season, a losing streak. I want to see how the team bounces back from one.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 09:29 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Way too soon. Let's at least get to the All Star break then assess the situation. We've yet to hit what every team goes through in a season, a losing streak. I want to see how the team bounces back from one.
TBH I wouldn't pick up any players till deadline, But Im saying especially with the D I dont think will be ready for another run till subbans a top 4,

Old
12-10-2010, 09:37 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

spacek looks like this will be his last year, Hammer won't be too far behind, Gill's up there,

Only four pieces are gonna be around next year from tonight if we don't resign gill or hammer.

-
Subban - Gorges
Picard - Spacek
Weber

See my point though this will probably be the last big chance we've got at it this summer the D will need to be rebuilt the same way the forwards were last year, we have three lines who can all score. i think this is the best chance we've had in a while and I think its time we took a legitimate stab

Old
12-10-2010, 09:44 PM
Ross MacLochness

Well a top 6 forward with size has got to happen. A question of 'when' not 'if'. It's such a glaring hole and weakness even with a full lineup, imagine someone gets a long term injury. Obviously there will be more sellers later, and if an injury happens we have MaxPac, but I want someone with skill who can integrate himself into the lineup.

I've been thinking about Langenbrunner for like a month now. He'd cost next to nothing and we'd still have a ton of cap space for something else.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 10:01 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbanged View Post
spacek looks like this will be his last year, Hammer won't be too far behind, Gill's up there,

Only four pieces are gonna be around next year from tonight if we don't resign gill or hammer.

-
Subban - Gorges
Picard - Spacek
Weber

See my point though this will probably be the last big chance we've got at it this summer the D will need to be rebuilt the same way the forwards were last year, we have three lines who can all score. i think this is the best chance we've had in a while and I think its time we took a legitimate stab
Gill is in negotiations to re-sign and he and Gorges are a steady pair. Hamrlik has looked good this year, he could be back for another year. I could see the Habs trying to trade Spacek, if not bury him in the minors or try to send him to Europe ala Huet.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 10:11 PM
schumway2

Well first off I don't think getting Lagenbrunner is going all in. He's a good player but not a game breaker. He's a 2nd round pick at the deadline type of player. He'd be a good addition for sure.

Going all in would be Brad Richards for patches/weber/leblanc type of thing. I would definitely go all in on that. He would be the offensive force we need up front.

schumway2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 10:21 PM
mlandry

I read the NJ board pretty often (easy entertainement). I would never want Langenbrunner for any reason after reading their board.

mlandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 10:28 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

No this wont be our only big chance. Our actual big chance is more like in 3 years. I would make move or 2 to take a stab at it, but I wouldnt panic and sell the farm as if we wont have chances in the next few seasons. We havent hit that cap overload where its do or die like Chicago. In 3 years, we're gonna BE Chicago, in terms of that window of opportunity and when it closes. Keep aiming high, but dont worry if its not this year.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 10:46 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Let's trade Price for Brodeur! Then we can have veteran presence with cup experience!

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 11:05 PM
Guilliam

The way I see it, we have a couple of borderline NHler prospects that probably don't have any future in the organisation and will have to go through waivers next year (Maxwell, Desharnais and Carle come to mind). So we might as well try to trade them to get some immediate help.

Even if we don't win the cup, it would be worth it to get a forward and/or a defensemen and try to go as far as possible (finals, ECF,...)

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 03:43 AM
habtastic

I voted yes, but my POV is that we already are an awesome team and it depends what we'd have to give up to get said finishing touches. I think if the players that we have themselves all fire on all cylinders at the same time, we are already a contender. You know how playoffs go. We have the goods. Questions remain that decide the outcome:
- Will Hammer and Spacek continue their solid play
- Will PK start becoming a real offensive threat (aside from rushing the puck and passing)
- Will Eller and Pouliot stay hot
- Will Halpern be this good all season
- Can Cammy take it to the next level
- Can AK hit open nets when required (kidding, he's been great IMO)
- Can Carey be this good, this long

I guess they will become answers?

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 05:14 AM
la25ecoupe

I'd take two top 6..

Cammy - Plek - Top6
Top6 - Gomer - Gionta
Pouliot - Eller - AK
Pyatt - Halpern - Moen

Markov - Spacek
Hammer - PK
Gill - Gorges

Price

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 08:07 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I would leave the D as-is until and unless something new happens to make me want to take another look there.

But I think we can use another top-6 F no matter what. I wouldn't call going after Langenbrunner "going all-in"... to me, that's more like bargain shopping for a good fit to an existing need, and I'd be all for trying him out. He has a good reputation as a leader and character player, and as recently as last year had good top-6 production as well. I think he would be an ideal fit. Reading the comments of Devils fans introduces a concern, but at the same time, there is an awful lot of mitigating circumstance in the whole New Jersey mess at the moment. If any of the current problems in New Jersey merely contribute to lowering the pricetag on Langenbrunner, then that's all good IMHO. There's no long-term fallout if he isn't the answer. He's a UFA this summer. I think he's worth a try, if he's available at a reasonable price in mid-level futures.

To me, "going all-in" would mean giving up some of our top-level futures assets for a more prominent rental player, in the Richards/Kaberle/etc category. I wouldn't be ready to consider that. Langenbrunner is a good compromise of upping the ante very slightly.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 08:10 AM
HabsDood

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
I'd take two top 6..

Cammy - Plek - Top6
Top6 - Gomer - Gionta
Pouliot - Eller - AK
Pyatt - Halpern - Moen

Markov - Spacek
Hammer - PK
Gill - Gorges

Price
No love for Darche

HabsDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 08:17 AM
wedge

I'd like Langenbrunner. I feel like he would perfectly fit our team.

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 08:43 AM
CoupeStanley

Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
Well, I think our best bet is next year but we've got to try it... One thing I would like is trading for a player who still have some time left on his contract.

Make a go at it and still build for next year.

I must say that I'm drolling over getting a guy like Iginla.

CoupeStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlandry View Post
I read the NJ board pretty often (easy entertainement). I would never want Langenbrunner for any reason after reading their board.
This. Although I seem to recall his best years were with Gio and Gomez. Might be worth a shot if the price is REALLY attractive.

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 12:25 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Who's in what?

People should learn to make thread titles around here, so we know which ones we want to read or not.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote