HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TH Season 8.33; Season of the Fustercluck

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2010, 08:48 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziotree View Post
urgh. lost to my rival today... yes that is you cannon go boom

had the most shots but my goalie played terrible and got a 1 rating.

in a mini slump atm and need to pick it up sharpish

really hope some more decent free agents come available as i have over 5mill burning a hole in my pocket.
This was a pretty big win for me. I didn't expect to win 6-2 at all, especially since your goalie has been very good. I was hoping for a 4-3 win or so. You outshot me but I still put away 6 goals which is nothing new. I easily lead the season in shooting % at 22.5% which is absurd. Your slightly above average at 13.7%. I just have way too many anklets to not put in 4-6 goals a game which even with average goaltending should keep me at an elite level. I play the AC Aces who is also an HF'er in a couple games. I beat them once already and I need to again to really out a stamp on our division.

Old
12-20-2010, 08:57 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Nik tracks users by IP address. Unless you specifically email him regarding the situation (brothers sharing a computer) then Nik is allowed to ban teams who do not comply.

It specifically states that you are only allowed one team. By allowing two teams, regardless of where they coach, it means you have unfair advantage over other coaches.

You forget this is a coaches game. Nothing is stopping you from moving your one coach into the same league as the other, or just because you aren't trading now doesnt mean you wont trade next season.

Basically, I know it sucks, but you broke the rules and got the boot. Not much else to say. It is what it is.

Unfortunately, this is 100% true.

To be clear, I don't believe I ever claimed to participate in the "not sniping players from other guys" thing. And even so, I myself had that same player sniped from me from someone else.

I didn't even realize I bid on your guy until you mentioned it, but I'm going to be honest and say that when I found out, I didn't really care.

Also, when googling TrophyHockey, this thread and all others like it come up in the Google results, often ON TOP.

Therefore, I believe we need to be more careful in how we do things and what we say. I don't want Nik banning some or all of us for whatever reason because some of us on here are talking **** about Nik all day.

It's a ****ing game. If you lose or don't want to play, walk away. Please don't use this thread as a catch-all space to ***** about Nik or the game, because that's just bad sportsmanship.
I think it might be a decent idea to change the name of the thread to "TH Season 8..." instead of using the whole name and also remove it from the OP just to make it a little more difficult to find it when googling.

Old
12-20-2010, 09:20 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
I think it might be a decent idea to change the name of the thread to "TH Season 8..." instead of using the whole name and also remove it from the OP just to make it a little more difficult to find it when googling.
Agreed. This is the proper course of action. This only benefits us and it costs us nothing other then whoever opened this thread spends 2 seconds editing it.

Who opened this one? L-train? I think he has opened the last few or something. Let's ask him to make the change.

Old
12-20-2010, 09:28 AM
agrudez*

If Nik bans people on this forum for complaining amongst one another then I personally wouldn't even want to continue playing TH.

This isn't Germany circa '42, don't change the thread name, don't stop complaining about Nik, but maybe we should curtail some FA talk.

How about a compromise: for those who want to participate in the friendly understanding of HF posters (aka. those who aren't ***holes like Irish. ) just PM people about possibly free agent "sniping" and continue to look at current bidder's team names and respect your peers. I know I have seen at least half a dozen players that I wanted to bid on that Val and CGB (for some reason it is always you two, ) had the high bid for and never even bothered to shortlist them. It is common courtesy and doesn't need to be avidly discussed, imho.

Old
12-20-2010, 09:39 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Honestly there is nothing in the rules that says you have to bid against people. There's no way anyone can prove you wanted a player but didn't bid because we know each other. I would however suggest we don't post links for players saying not to bid on them or coming in here is someone snipes your player and complain about it. That can be done through PM's if you feel it necessary.

L-train. It might be a good idea to remove the name of the game from the thread title, and OP and also remove the link for the site. It might also be smart to have a mod Edit past threads too since they will still come up. Were really not breaking any rules here but we all know Nik has a quick trigger on banning people for no reason with no warning.

Old
12-20-2010, 09:46 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
If Nik bans people on this forum for complaining amongst one another then I personally wouldn't even want to continue playing TH.

This isn't Germany circa '42, don't change the thread name, don't stop complaining about Nik, but maybe we should curtail some FA talk.

How about a compromise: for those who want to participate in the friendly understanding of HF posters (aka. those who aren't ***holes like Irish. ) just PM people about possibly free agent "sniping" and continue to look at current bidder's team names and respect your peers. I know I have seen at least half a dozen players that I wanted to bid on that Val and CGB (for some reason it is always you two, ) had the high bid for and never even bothered to shortlist them. It is common courtesy and doesn't need to be avidly discussed, imho.
The problem is the way he interprets it. If he takes it as criticism and something to be fixed, then he shouldn't ban anyone because essentially every player is a beta tester (it IS in beta, after all) and we're just reporting problems/things we don't like/things we don't think work well. If he wants to try to be king of Trophy Hockey, he'll band people that disagree and the game will crash and burn.

Old
12-20-2010, 09:58 AM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
The problem is the way he interprets it. If he takes it as criticism and something to be fixed, then he shouldn't ban anyone because essentially every player is a beta tester (it IS in beta, after all) and we're just reporting problems/things we don't like/things we don't think work well. If he wants to try to be king of Trophy Hockey, he'll band people that disagree and the game will crash and burn.
If we used the type of language in reference to him and the game on HIS site that we use here, I would understand possible forum bans or short-term game bans, but we are on OUR site, not affiliated with TH at all.

It is akin to if a mod from here stumbled across another Flyers board on which someone was trashing HF for whatever reason and decided to ban them. It would be complete ******** and would negate my interest in ever being a part of this board again.

Old
12-20-2010, 09:59 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Technically it's in Beta, but only because Nik says it is.

It's in it's 8th season (which followed a BETA SEASON) and Nik has stated and promised before that NO MORE RESETS WERE GOING TO OCCUR.

This game SHOULD NOT BE IN BETA ANYMORE. You can buy TP points. It's up and running. It works.

The "beta" tag is being abused because Nik wants the excuse to change things as he sees fit. Trophy Manager is in it's 22nd season and they are still ADDING NEW FEATURES. That happens. Companies update software.

What reason does Nik need to have to say it's in Beta? Because he needs to add new features? That happens all the time everywhere with software. Since Nik has opened TH to all people and it's completely open, the software should not be considered Beta anymore.

By Nik's logic, one could say that everything Google is technically in beta. However, that is another discussion for another day.

Old
12-20-2010, 10:19 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

I agree with both of you, and that's what I was getting at. If he's still gonna say it's in beta, he's got to expect the criticism of aspects of the game that people don't like that comes with being "beta testers."

I'm kind of on board with Dash's opinion of giving up on the "don't bid on others players" idea. Not sure what's gonna come into FA now that everyone has to be under budget, but after that, pickings will likely be slim. If someone here has a player you want and you're willing to pay more, I figure, do it. It's a game, it's not personal, and the rules allow it. There are a few players I held back because I knew you guys bid on them. I won't snipe you, cause that's cheap IMHO, but if there's time for you to analyze if you want to counter my offer, then I'll probably start bidding on some of your players if I really want them.

Old
12-20-2010, 10:27 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Quote:
Yeah, I understand him being pissed at people that are chronic complainers on his own forum because it rubs off on new users and makes the game look bad. At the same time, this is a forum separate from his site and as long as we aren't making derogatory comments about him or the game it shouldnt be an issue to voice our opinions about the game. If anything they could use this as a tool to see what needs work.

Old
12-20-2010, 10:46 AM
L-train*

Send a message via AIM to L-train*
I googled Trophyhockey, trophy hockey, www.trophyhockey.org, "trophyhockey",and "trophy hockey" amongst others and it doesn't show up on the first page.

Last edited by L-train*: 12-20-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old
12-20-2010, 11:12 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-train View Post
I googled Trophyhockey, trophy hockey, www.trophyhockey.org, "trophyhockey",and "trophy hockey" amongst others and it doesn't show up on the first page.
I just googled "Trophy Hockey Nik" and our "Saint Nik" thread was the top hit. In fact, our threads were the bulk of the first page.

I googled "Trophy Hockey sucks" and one of our threads was in the top 5.

I googled "Trophy hockey" with the "" to make sure I only got results with both words in that order, and got our threads on the first page.

Old
12-20-2010, 11:19 AM
L-train*

Quote:
I just googled "Trophy Hockey Nik" and our "Saint Nik" thread was the top hit. In fact, our threads were the bulk of the first page.

I googled "Trophy hockey" with the "" to make sure I only got results with both words in that order, and got our threads on the first page.
First two, yes, the third, nothing.

I need to debate the merits of it... I don't see why we should have to censor ourselves when we're not on TH's website.

Old
12-20-2010, 11:20 AM
agrudez*

Quote:
Quote:

I absolutely LOVE that our threads only show up when derogatory comments are involved.

Old
12-20-2010, 11:20 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Won 3-0.

Westfield uber alles.

Old
12-20-2010, 11:22 AM
agrudez*

Quote:

I need to debate the merits of it... I don't see why we should have to censor ourselves when we're not on TH's website.
Completely agree. Don't pander to the weak of heart and let this thread be run by an imaginary Totalitarian regime! We haven't even been warned or anything, it is completely just a mix of speculation and being a ***** at this point.

Old
12-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Villedelphia*

Quote:

agreed

**** you nik you lazy piece of ****

Old
12-20-2010, 12:46 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

My PP is running at a ridiculous 51.4%. Needless to say, that is tops in the league with the 2nd best team at 34.3%. Sick.

Old
12-20-2010, 12:52 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

I have an idea to put all this to rest, everyone trade me your best players and I will change the name of the team to "HF Forever" and I'll personally destroy every team so you guys don't have to do any work.

Seems perfectly reasonable.

Old
12-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Valhoun*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
My PP is running at a ridiculous 51.4%. Needless to say, that is tops in the league with the 2nd best team at 34.3%. Sick.
Mine has been up and down. It was at 24% for awhile and now has dipped to 17. I need to change things up. Usually I have a top 4 PP and top 1 PK.

Old
12-20-2010, 01:07 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

I have played 82 games for my team as coach, how do I become a chairman now?

Old
12-20-2010, 01:09 PM
L-train*

Just noticed I took back first in my division today... just a single point behind first in the conference, so I should have that within a week, max. We're only 1/4 of the way into this season, so I'm expecting my offense will pick it up (Dohn hasn't done much yet... typical slow start for him) and my defense will lock it down.

Old
12-20-2010, 01:11 PM
Valhoun*

Quote:
Just noticed I took back first in my division today... just a single point behind first in the conference, so I should have that within a week, max. We're only 1/4 of the way into this season, so I'm expecting my offense will pick it up (Dohn hasn't done much yet... typical slow start for him) and my defense will lock it down.
I am hoping that I can building a decent conference lead. I need to get a few players healthy again.

The team I play next sucks and will be an easy victory.

Old
12-20-2010, 01:47 PM
L-train*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
I am hoping that I can building a decent conference lead. I need to get a few players healthy again.

The team I play next sucks and will be an easy victory.
It's gonna be either you or I who takes the Pressley and probably the Wesley... I'd say it's 55/45 in your favor right now given my early struggles... we'll see how our teams perform over the next 10 games.

Old
12-20-2010, 01:56 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

I love my team right now but I have serious concerns about winning it all this season. I'm rocking a decent but not great 22 year old starting goalie and 8 of my 10 1st and 2nd liners are 25 or younger so I don't have much routine from the guys carrying my team. I have 9 guys scoring at a point per game pace right now but I know that can't be the case in the playoffs. I just have a feeling I'll get bounced in the 2nd round by an older team with a lot of routine and a hot goalie.

Closed Thread