HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TH Season 8.33; Season of the Fustercluck

Closed Thread

Old
12-26-2010, 03:37 PM
huntercp

vCash: 500
Oh does that mean I'm not welcome here? Or were you telling me to stay out the public stink between Valhoun and JC in the forums which is something I'm supposed to keep out of the TH forums as a teamster?

Old
12-26-2010, 03:40 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntercp View Post
Oh does that mean I'm not welcome here? Or were you telling me to stay out the public stink between Valhoun and JC in the forums which is something I'm supposed to keep out of the TH forums as a teamster?
Val's only one member of the community here who plays the game. What's going on "publicly" on the boards of TH is your job. What's said here is not your job, as this is technically off the record in the world of TH, and such, it is none of your business as a teamster. If you need to contact Val, you can PM him instead of wasting posts in our thread. As much as I like Val, whatever is going on between him and JC, I could care less about, but it's your job to police TH, not the internet. Hence, mind your own business.

Old
12-26-2010, 03:48 PM
huntercp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Val's only one member of the community here who plays the game. What's going on "publicly" on the boards of TH is your job. What's said here is not your job, as this is technically off the record in the world of TH, and such, it is none of your business as a teamster. If you need to contact Val, you can PM him instead of wasting posts in our thread. As much as I like Val, whatever is going on between him and JC, I could care less about, but it's your job to police TH, not the internet. Hence, mind your own business.
I have absolutely no interest in policing the internet, "policing" TH is enough. If people are going to ask WTF is wrong with me don't I have the right to answer? Valhoun was the one who put the message that I sent him on these forums it wasn't me.

Believe it or not I really don't want people to have a bad opinion of me, but it seems like you've already made up your mind without ever talking to me. I was under the impression anyone who watched hockey or played TH could use these forums, maybe I was wrong.

Old
12-26-2010, 03:58 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

You have every right to post here. But personal opinions leak amongst our community because of trust between us, of which you haven't earned. Obviously if people had better opinions of you it wouldn't be a big deal. But if you want to run with the wolves that's your choice. I've got no problems with you other than sending a dumb offer to someone who clearly understands the rules, concept, and execution of the game (Val) and then try to come out and look like the good guy by saying you were trying to do him a favor when you clearly didn't factor in other aspect's of his team. First impressions go a long way, even if I "don't know you."

Old
12-26-2010, 04:17 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
It's amusing that it took a year or so for people on TH to figure out that there might be a thread about Trophy Hockey on the largest hockey discussion board on the internet.

But, hopefully they don't expect anything other than what's been going on. Namely: slagging off people we don't like, getting advice on trades, and talking strategy.

Also, J. C. Murray is really gay.

Old
12-26-2010, 04:22 PM
agrudez*

Uh, JL, Huntercp is Shadowguy, the TH forum teamster. The guy who sent Val the trade proposal is Ben Bessman. A for effort, though.

Anyway, feel free to post here Chris, but if you do, you should ask Nik about having thick skin. He came in here after reading pages upon pages of people calling him a bunch of **** and was pretty damn cool, but you came in and got offended over Shadowgay?

Obviously we are just ****ing around in this thread and don't mean half the **** we say, but we're among friends and that is what guys do. I think it would be cool to have you, Nik and other recognizable TH names post here (other than Dave Lockar or J.C. Murray), but if this thread is going to devolve into a drama session when you do, then maybe it would be best if we (flyers hfboards) and you (you) go our separate ways.

Old
12-26-2010, 04:24 PM
huntercp

Quote:
You have every right to post here. But personal opinions leak amongst our community because of trust between us, of which you haven't earned. Obviously if people had better opinions of you it wouldn't be a big deal. But if you want to run with the wolves that's your choice. I've got no problems with you other than sending a dumb offer to someone who clearly understands the rules, concept, and execution of the game (Val) and then try to come out and look like the good guy by saying you were trying to do him a favor when you clearly didn't factor in other aspect's of his team. First impressions go a long way, even if I "don't know you."
I don't remember sending Valhoun any trade offers although it is possible, I haven't made many trades in TH. I thought it was Dave people were complaining about when it came to trades.

Old
12-26-2010, 04:28 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
I don't remember sending Valhoun any trade offers although it is possible, I haven't made many trades in TH. I thought it was Dave people were complaining about when it came to trades.
Yeah, Dave is a trade raper. He is also functionally ********.

Anyway, JL mistook you for someone that we were talking about a page or two ago.

Old
12-26-2010, 04:31 PM
huntercp

@agrudez

I doubt I will cause any drama since I despise it. I realize that people here voice personal opinions and would hope that I'm mature enough to be able to handle being slammed, or reading opinions I disagree with.

Last edited by huntercp: 12-26-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old
12-26-2010, 04:45 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
@agrudez

I doubt I will cause any drama since I despise it. I realize that people here voice personal opinions and would hope that I'm mature enough to be able to handle being slammed, or reading opinions I disagree with.
Cool, so I have a question.

As a forum mod, How can you read what J.C. Murray writes on the forums without being completely mind ****ed?

The child starts **** in every thread he posts in with terrible ideas supplemented with little to no empirical evidence, objective reasoning or respect for his peers and then after he insults half of the user base, he gets asked to not be such an ******* in the future and he falls back into a coy victim routine.

He must be as frustrating to you, as someone who oversees the forums, as he is to us, as people who want to progress discussion to further development of the game.

I don't care if people disagree with me, in fact, Robert Spector has made fairly poignant responses recently to a few of my ideas; however, he did so in a way that I could tell a) he has been playing this game for more than the past month and b) he wasn't saying it just to be a condescending *****.

Old
12-26-2010, 04:49 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Yeah that was my mistake, mixed you up with JC. My mistake dude, that argument before was meant towards JC whom I mixed you up with. Guess it shows how little I actually look at the forums.

Old
12-26-2010, 05:01 PM
huntercp

I've learned to read just about anything that anyone says without thinking about it very hard. It comes from reading all the forums; bad ideas, poor grammar, bad English. Nothing much really phases me anymore.

Old
12-26-2010, 05:27 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Dave Lockar is a legitimate ******. He's supposed to help Nik but all he does is try to trade **** new players.

J.C. Murray is just a weird loser.

Old
12-26-2010, 06:04 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Well at least people read the messages I send them. It would be sweet to be an NHL coach.

@dbr2. My problem is that the personal dispute between Valhoun and JC was spilling over into every that they both posted in derailing them ad nauseam. So I yelled at both of them figuring that one or both of them would decide to be the bigger person and let the other one get burned for being an ass.

Truth be told I'm kinda disappointed that the best thing you guys came up with to call me is Shadowgay. Being called gay isn't really and insult and you didnt even try Shadowdouche or Shadowlame.
You're surprised that this is the name that stuck? Had your name been Shadowduck or Shadowllama them maybe your suggestions would have come up, but Occam's Razor took over here.

Old
12-26-2010, 06:10 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
You're surprised that this is the name that stuck? Had your name been Shadowduck or Shadowllama them maybe your suggestions would have come up, but Occam's Razor took over here.
Shadowllama.

Maybe I should make that my nickname.

Anyway, how many of you got your games in today? Mine hasn't played yet.

Old
12-26-2010, 06:13 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
Shadowllama.

Maybe I should make that my nickname.

Anyway, how many of you got your games in today? Mine hasn't played yet.
I did, but 1.1 probably goes first, so no surprise there. Back to back shutouts for my goalie though, which is kind of nice.

Old
12-26-2010, 06:38 PM
Dash22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
I love the Occam's Razor reference.

I suggest it for the next thread title.

Old
12-26-2010, 06:45 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Does anyone else find it to be more than a coincidence that everyone we talk about here has recently been finding this thread and posting in it?

Seriously, if people dont like what we have to say, well then **** you. If anything we're being the bigger person by not starting trouble on the TH boards. Would you rather us criticize everyone and spam the TH boards?

also, if Nik, Shadowgay or any other mods from TH start dropping bans left and right because they have a short leash due to personal grudges from things they have read on here then they are just as bad as us and terribly hypocritical.

Old
12-26-2010, 06:55 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
Does anyone else find it to be more than a coincidence that everyone we talk about here has recently been finding this thread and posting in it?

Seriously, if people dont like what we have to say, well then **** you. If anything we're being the bigger person by not starting trouble on the TH boards. Would you rather us criticize everyone and spam the TH boards?

also, if Nik, Shadowgay or any other mods from TH start dropping bans left and right because they have a short leash due to personal grudges from things they have read on here then they are just as bad as us and terribly hypocritical.
Pretty much, but I don't think they'll keep us on a short leash. This is technically "off the record" and really the only people who seem to be concerned about this thread are Nik, mods and teamsters. So it seems to have no real "threat" to TH.

Old
12-26-2010, 07:21 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Quote:
Pretty much, but I don't think they'll keep us on a short leash. This is technically "off the record" and really the only people who seem to be concerned about this thread are Nik, mods and teamsters. So it seems to have no real "threat" to TH.
I dont think Nik care about this thread at all. In all reality, this thread can only be good for TH. If this thread didnt exist 99% of us would have every started playing and putting money into the game. If this thread was taken down and we werent posting about TH here I most likely would end up getting board of the game and just slowly lose interest. As they say, no publicity is bad publicity and Nik knows that.

As for Mods having a short leash. My concern is that Shadowgay will be super sensitive and as soon as one of us opens our mouth and says something he doesnt like he will start dishing out TH forum bans as opposed to warnings that he/they give other people.

On another note. The ME sucks. Again.

Old
12-26-2010, 07:44 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
On another note. The ME sucks. Again.
For the record, MMA Tycoon has yet to have a single problem since I started playing in May. I think there was a problem but it was a tiny problem for a feature I wasn't using. So keep that in mind. No wonder this game is still in beta. We can't go a month without the ME hanging up.

Old
12-26-2010, 07:46 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

The thing is, if we really wanted, all of hf could attack the boards as if we were a bunch of *******s... but we arent. We keep our **** to ourselves.

Shadow Gay (or GUY whatever ) The only thing most of us dont like about you is the ShadowGuy thing. It is pretty ********. I, personally, dont mind you as a coach though. You seem to be a pretty good one.

I gotta say though. Kinda funny how everyone has started to find this thread randomly...

Old
12-26-2010, 07:50 PM
Dash22

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
The thing is, if we really wanted, all of hf could attack the boards as if we were a bunch of *******s... but we arent. We keep our **** to ourselves.

Shadow Gay (or GUY whatever ) The only thing most of us dont like about you is the ShadowGuy thing. It is pretty ********. I, personally, dont mind you as a coach though. You seem to be a pretty good one.

I gotta say though. Kinda funny how everyone has started to find this thread randomly...
I dont think it is funny. I think it is obvious they have known about it for a while, especially with Nik coming on here immediately around the same time as we started discussing what would happen if they found out about it.

Old
12-26-2010, 08:01 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash22 View Post
I dont think it is funny. I think it is obvious they have known about it for a while, especially with Nik coming on here immediately around the same time as we started discussing what would happen if they found out about it.
Oh I knew people already saw this thread, but I was talking about them all responding in the last 1-2 weeks

Old
12-26-2010, 08:05 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash22 View Post
It wasnt until Akila Hayari sent a PM to someone from here on TH saying that he googled Trophyhockey and our thread came up. It was within a day or two that Nik appeared here and then a few days later Shadowgay is here. If I had to guess I would say Akila Hayari messages Nik, Shadowgay and other people we talk about here and told them.

Closed Thread