HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#32 - 12.12.2010 | Washington Capitals @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Old
12-13-2010, 10:55 AM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfans View Post
When your team is up 6-0 and there is STILL remarks like, "Capitals are going to tie this up. All I can think about is Montreal." No. That's just being such a Negative Nancy, it's pathetic.

Yes, I understand the Montreal game happened a few years ago. Big deal. This board constantly emphasizes the negative and rarely will actually talk about the positives. Just read the thread from the Capitals game, even when we're up 4-0, there are insipid, negative remarks. That's ALL there is. Because even though we were dominating in every facet, "Now we're not going to score in 5 games. Now we're going to lose the next 3. Oh, the Caps are going to ruin Hanks shut out."

That's not being a hockey fan, that's being a overly critical, 'fan' that has never excelled and played sports at a respectively high level of play.

It makes me sick.
+1, I honestly stay away from these boards during GDTs because the negativity is hard to ignore. We could all tone it down a bit.

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 11:20 AM
Pizza

Quote:
When your team is up 6-0 and there is STILL remarks like, "Capitals are going to tie this up. All I can think about is Montreal." No. That's just being such a Negative Nancy, it's pathetic.

Yes, I understand the Montreal game happened a few years ago. Big deal. This board constantly emphasizes the negative and rarely will actually talk about the positives. Just read the thread from the Capitals game, even when we're up 4-0, there are insipid, negative remarks. That's ALL there is. Because even though we were dominating in every facet, "Now we're not going to score in 5 games. Now we're going to lose the next 3. Oh, the Caps are going to ruin Hanks shut out."

That's not being a hockey fan, that's being a overly critical, 'fan' that has never excelled and played sports at a respectively high level of play.

It makes me sick.
To be honest, I've been guilty of the above. Before yesterdays game for example I was thinking..."hmmm, Caps coming into the Garden on a losing streak....Ovy's gonna bust out tonight.."

Stuff like this plagues us as Rangers fans and I'm not immune, LOL.

It's just part of being a fan of this team. I admit I am biased but we do have a unique situation as Rangers fans that makes us a bit crazy as a fan base. That and the cynical, misanthropic nature of New Yorkers in general. It's all part of the madness, and I mostly have a lot of fun with it.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 11:26 AM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
To be honest, I've been guilty of the above. Before yesterdays game for example I was thinking..."hmmm, Caps coming into the Garden on a losing streak....Ovy's gonna bust out tonight.."

It's just part of being a fan of this team. I admit I am biased but we do have a unique situation as Rangers fans that makes us a bit crazy as a fan base. That and the cynical, misanthropic nature of New Yorkers in general. It's all part of the madness, and I mostly have a lot of fun with it.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I was at the 7-0 drubbing of the Capitals last night, and not at any one point beside the buzzer sound did I not have the thought in the back of my head of a potential comeback by Washington.

Doesn't mean I'm not a fan.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 11:34 AM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
Is it obvious that this team has talent.. Any team that can dominate (7-0) a Capitals team that was (1) of the Stanley Cup favorites this year is a very good team. You cannot deny this.

The defense on this team is really good with Staal and Girardi anchoring the top pairing and Rozy, MDZ, Sauer, Eminger and Gilroy on the other pairings.

This team sticks up for each other and has scoring talent on 3 scoring lines. There is depth on this team. Once Prospal and Drury come back it will only help.

I have a strong feeling when this team makes the playoffs they can go on a major run. The players seem to believe in each other and Torts has them playing hard.

In the salary cap era, almost all teams in the NHL will have some flaws. There is no dominant team. This Ranger team can compete and win against any NHL team.
I'm not trying to piss on your parade but we'll see how this board feels after wednesday. Honestly, we get too "up" after wins and too "down" after losses... I understand that... the Caps have been horrible and yes, it was great to take advantage, not play down to their level (something NYR always seem to do) but this isn't how the next game against them will go... I can guarantee that. Varlamov was horriffic... their team collectively has the flu... and they're on a slide.

I hope the NYR continue to play the way they have been (including in the losses for the most part), with grit, tenacity, and drive. If they do, they'll get into the second season... once that happens anything can happen. But I'm gonna stay in that zone where I feel "IF" they don't out-hustle other teams... they're not that great. Especially the young defense. Not yet at least.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 11:37 AM
Rangerfans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post

Look, I'm not going to argue with you. Like Torts said (and we all know this), the Capitals are a talented, deadly team that WILL break out of their slump. And 'yes' we have gone through some pretty wacky things as fans, I cannot argue with you.

But I have a question for you: Why think, "Ugh, we're going to lose because we're at home." - or - "Ceremonial jerseys? We're done."

But no one will say this:

We're going to win. We're 7-0 in back-to-back on the 2nd game. THAT apparently, is too positive to say.

We're a SOLID team. We're currently 5th in the conference. We're battling without Drury and Prospal still. We're a hard-working, forechecking, blue-collar team. We're not going to score fancy goals all the time, we're going to get those dirty goals, and we're going to work hard for them. We are starting to establish an identity (finally!) and play as a cohesive unit. But no one talks about that. Rozy is a +3 and plays a sound game yesterday he STILL gets ****. The ENTIRE team dominated, but there is always 'something.'

It's annoying, childish, and doesn't make you look like a fan. I am not saying, "Cheer ALL the time and NEVER criticize." That's rubbish. But with all the negative remarks, you would think we were a bottom feeder sitting with 20 points.

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 11:37 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

We might have to play Pitt in the middle of a 13 game winning streak. Talk about a measuring stick.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 11:42 AM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
Is it obvious that this team has talent.. Any team that can dominate (7-0) a Capitals team that was (1) of the Stanley Cup favorites this year is a very good team. You cannot deny this.

The defense on this team is really good with Staal and Girardi anchoring the top pairing and Rozy, MDZ, Sauer, Eminger and Gilroy on the other pairings.

This team sticks up for each other and has scoring talent on 3 scoring lines. There is depth on this team. Once Prospal and Drury come back it will only help.

I have a strong feeling when this team makes the playoffs they can go on a major run. The players seem to believe in each other and Torts has them playing hard.

In the salary cap era, almost all teams in the NHL will have some flaws. There is no dominant team. This Ranger team can compete and win against any NHL team.
I don't think this could be any more wrong.

First off, you're going about this all wrong. Ovechkin has slumped. Semin has slumped lately. Hell, the whole team collectively has the flu and has slumped lately. Varlamov couldn't stop a beach ball last night.

They also hit (5 posts?), or 4, and easily could have scored 7 had Lundqvist not made some ridiculous saves on a bounce-back night from a horrific third period performance.

Our defense has been a surprise for one of the youngest in the league. Rozy has played well enough, while the young'n's and journeyman Eminger have chipped in. I'd venture to say Gilroy has improved slightly, but he's still nothing positive back there.

This Ranger team is middle-of-the-crop. Yes, on any given night we could probably beat another team. After all, we have more than one win against every other team in the league, don't we?

However, when matched up against some of these elite teams (which is likely when you're a middle-of-the-crop), in a 7-game playoff series, we stand very little chance.

Pittsburgh would obliterate us, Flyers are dangerous as hell, TB's offensive potential scares me, Caps would be tough. And, if we even made it that far, Detroit, Chicago, etc. are very tough and are clearly better teams.

This is all after a high win, like someone above mentioned, I'd like to see your thoughts after a 7-0 loss about how much of an underdog this team is and how good they are.

Old
12-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Rangerfans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
We might have to play Pitt in the middle of a 13 game winning streak. Talk about a measuring stick.
It's going to be stopped eventually. Get past Phoenix first.

But I like our chances as much as theirs. 8-0 on second game in a back-to-back.

I would love to see us break it. They haven't lost since us, I believe. We can end it.

Old
12-13-2010, 11:46 AM
Rangerfans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagr View Post
However, when matched up against some of these elite teams (which is likely when you're a middle-of-the-crop), in a 7-game playoff series, we stand very little chance.

Pittsburgh would obliterate us, Flyers are dangerous as hell, TB's offensive potential scares me, Caps would be tough. And, if we even made it that far, Detroit, Chicago, etc. are very tough and are clearly better teams.

This is all after a high win, like someone above mentioned, I'd like to see your thoughts after a 7-0 loss about how much of an underdog this team is and how good they are.
I was going to start by totally ripping this apart, but I'll refrain from doing so.

You're taking about the playoffs. Two things:

1 - Let's get to the dance first before talking crazy hypotheticals.

2 - The playoffs are are completely different animal. Completely different.

Old
12-13-2010, 11:46 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:

First off, you're going about this all wrong. Ovechkin has slumped. Semin has slumped lately. Hell, the whole team collectively has the flu and has slumped lately. Varlamov couldn't stop a beach ball last night.

They also hit (5 posts?), or 4, and easily could have scored 7 had Lundqvist not made some ridiculous saves on a bounce-back night from a horrific third period performance.

Our defense has been a surprise for one of the youngest in the league. Rozy has played well enough, while the young'n's and journeyman Eminger have chipped in. I'd venture to say Gilroy has improved slightly, but he's still nothing positive back there.

This Ranger team is middle-of-the-crop. Yes, on any given night we could probably beat another team. After all, we have more than one win against every other team in the league, don't we?

Well Said. Rangers are a middle of the pack team.

There playing with confidence and they compete every night which I love. But don't be fooled, there a young group. Were going to have some great nights like this and were going to take drubbings some nights. Its just the stage there at right now.

2-3 years and i fully expect this team to be contenders. Right now there a joy just to watch these guys grow.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 11:47 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Id like our chances too... except we play Pitt first and the Yotes second.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 11:48 AM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
I was going to start by totally ripping this apart, but I'll refrain from doing so.

You're taking about the playoffs. Two things:

1 - Let's get to the dance first before talking crazy hypotheticals.

2 - The playoffs are are completely different animal. Completely different.
Please "rip it apart", that was a response to someone who said we could beat any team on any given night.

If you're one of those "make it in and anything can happen" people, so be it, you're entitled, still a very little chance of competing with the likes of the teams who have surpassed you.

Also, I've never advocated that the Rangers will or are going to make the playoffs. In fact, I think they won't make it, and if they do it's going to be as a 7-8 seed, which warrants playing against these top teams.

Old
12-13-2010, 11:48 AM
Rangerfans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Id like our chances too... except we play Pitt first and the Yotes second.
...dang! Well, we'll see what they got! Should be a good game nonetheless.

Old
12-13-2010, 11:54 AM
Rangerfans

Quote:
Please "rip it apart", that was a response to someone who said we could beat any team on any given night.

If you're one of those "make it in and anything can happen" people, so be it, you're entitled, still a very little chance of competing with the likes of the teams who have surpassed you.

Also, I've never advocated that the Rangers will or are going to make the playoffs. In fact, I think they won't make it, and if they do it's going to be as a 7-8 seed, which warrants playing against these top teams.
Because you're basing this off what...exactly? What makes Pittsburgh able to 'obliterate' us in the playoffs? Because you can't be basing this off a 13-game winning streak in the middle of December...right? That's just asinine. Why would we get decimated against the 'elite?'

I'm serious. Because in the playoffs (especially in hockey) those top 4 teams are not guaranteed to advance. Also, we played Pittsburgh twice (1-1), Philly once (0-1), Washington twice (1-1), etc.

That doesn't look like utter decimation to me. But regardless of our record against other 'elite' teams, the playoffs cannot compare to any statistic from the regular season.

Yes, I advocate the 'anything can happen in the playoffs' attitude. It's not a blind homerism nor is it the typical pessimism that plagues these forums. But I'd rather take a 'wait and see' approach rather than the "so what, we're blow it in the 9th!" approach that the majority people seem to have...

Old
12-13-2010, 12:05 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Because you're basing this off what...exactly? What makes Pittsburgh able to 'obliterate' us in the playoffs? Because you can't be basing this off a 13-game winning streak in the middle of December...right? That's just asinine. Why would we get decimated against the 'elite?'

I'm serious. Because in the playoffs (especially in hockey) those top 4 teams are not guaranteed to advance. Also, we played Pittsburgh twice (1-1), Philly once (0-1), Washington twice (1-1), etc.

That doesn't look like utter decimation to me. But regardless of our record against other 'elite' teams, the playoffs cannot compare to any statistic from the regular season.

Yes, I advocate the 'anything can happen in the playoffs' attitude. It's not a blind homerism nor is it the typical pessimism that plagues these forums. But I'd rather take a 'wait and see' approach rather than the "so what, we're blow it in the 9th!" approach that the majority people seem to have...

Has nothing to do with Pittsburgh's 13-game winning streak, that's only more of a telling sign that their team is above the rest of the conference. Topple that with a healthy Jordan Staal, a healthy Malkin, and some wingers of importance (not Ashman on the second line?), with perhaps some trade deadline movement, and how could you not be scared of the team?

If you truly believe Pittsburgh is not a better team, and that there isn't a small chance of us eliminating them from the playoffs, then I don't know what to tell you. You can also factor in this board's long discussion of league favoritism for Pittsburgh. I don't think you could find a decent percentage of Ranger fans that have optimism in defeating the Penguins in a 7-game bout before it starts.

And, that's just one example, in my opinion, we don't match up well with any of the teams I mentioned above. Just because we beat the Caps while they're on a losing streak doesn't prove much. I said the Caps are tough, they are beatable, but tough, because I think their team hasn't adapted well to the playoffs yet. Ovy still has to show he belongs there. We could have won the series against them not long ago. But they are tough.

Regular season success does not always translate into playoff success, as you said, an example of that is the Devils the past few years or SJ, etc. But Pittsburgh has shown resiliency in that department. How about the Flyers last year and before. Chicago won the cup. Detroit routinely wins cups. When have the Rangers shown playoff resiliency? When have they shown a talent level worthy of competing in conference finals or beyond? 1994?

It's incomparable.

Old
12-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Haha, funny you included that Randy Quaid pic. I was just out of sight in that pic. I worked on 'Major League II", my first job out of school. Quaid kept smoking cigar after cigar even though the Camden yards crew was not too happy

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 12:09 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:

I'm just going to respond to this because I have to leave for class in 5 minutes but if you can't base something off a 13 game winning streak then how can you base anything off the Rangers play.

If the season ended this week, we would likely be the eighth seed because we have so many games in hand. The rangers have played above my expectations this season and i do believe magic can happen in the playoffs.

That being said, the odds are extremely slim. Pittsburgh is a powerhouse, so are the flyers so are a few other teams in the NHL. The odds of the Rangers getting past not one but multiple powerhouses is just highly unlikely.

This is coming from a guy who really thinks anything can happen in the playoffs. Being a Rangers fan for so many years has taught a lot of us to be pessimistic in our thinking because we rarely receive those pleasant surprises.

Hell, even during the year we won the cup there were tons of ups and downs as a fan. I'm sure these boards would have been raging at times if they existed during that time.

Rangers are a slightly above average team with a lot of willpower. There a fun group to watch and occasionally frustrating. But lets not fool ourselves here, this team is to Pittsburgh, Detroit or Philly.

Old
12-13-2010, 12:10 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
I'm just going to respond to this because I have to leave for class in 5 minutes but if you can't base something off a 13 game winning streak then how can you base anything off the Rangers play.

If the season ended this week, we would likely be the eighth seed because we have so many games in hand. The rangers have played above my expectations this season and i do believe magic can happen in the playoffs.

That being said, the odds are extremely slim. Pittsburgh is a powerhouse, so are the flyers so are a few other teams in the NHL. The odds of the Rangers getting past not one but multiple powerhouses is just highly unlikely.

This is coming from a guy who really thinks anything can happen in the playoffs. Being a Rangers fan for so many years has taught a lot of us to be pessimistic in our thinking because we rarely receive those pleasant surprises.

Hell, even during the year we won the cup there were tons of ups and downs as a fan. I'm sure these boards would have been raging at times if they existed during that time.

Rangers are a slightly above average team with a lot of willpower. There a fun group to watch and occasionally frustrating. But lets not fool ourselves here, this team is to Pittsburgh, Detroit or Philly.
I meant to say NO at the end not to, sorry can't edit posts

Old
12-13-2010, 12:18 PM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
http://insidehockey.com/?p=14220

Quote:
NEW YORK – For ten hours on Sunday, Madison Square Garden roared like it hasn’t roared in years, as the Rangers demolished the Capitals 7-0 before one of their loudest crowds of the season hours after the Knicks dispatched the Denver Nuggets 129-125 in front of a deafening throng at MSG.

With Knicks star Danilo Gallinari in attendance, the Rangers scored four goals on their first nine shots in the second period in a span of 9:43 to take control of the game.

“We’re trying to create an identity for ourselves like that as a hard-working team,” Rangers defenseman Dan Girardi said after a two-assist performance. “Finishing checks, blocking shots, and obviously we were able to put the puck in the net when we had to, but that was a really good game for us.”

www.Twitter.com/RothmanHockey

RothmanHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 12:22 PM
msv957

Quote:

I hear you man.. All I am saying is that this team has the talent, grit and good coaching to go far in the playoffs. There is no great dominant team in the NHL. This Ranger team can compete. It is like some of the HF posters will not be satisfied unless they have Mark Messier, Mike Bossy, Patrick Roy, Bobby Orr and Larry Robinson on this team. Sure, this team may have some flaws but every team in the NHL has flaws. Sure, there will be some ups and downs this year but most every NHL will have their ups and downs.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 12:28 PM
Rangerfans

Quote:
Has nothing to do with Pittsburgh's 13-game winning streak, that's only more of a telling sign that their team is above the rest of the conference. Topple that with a healthy Jordan Staal, a healthy Malkin, and some wingers of importance (not Ashman on the second line?), with perhaps some trade deadline movement, and how could you not be scared of the team?
I AM scared at them, at this very moment. Absolutely. You cannot dispute a 13 game winning streak. The team is one of the best teams in the NHL, bar none. All I'm saying is 'who knows' what's going to happen by the playoffs (if we get there!).

Quote:
If you truly believe Pittsburgh is not a better team, and that there isn't a small chance of us eliminating them from the playoffs, then I don't know what to tell you. You can also factor in this board's long discussion of league favoritism for Pittsburgh. I don't think you could find a decent percentage of Ranger fans that have optimism in defeating the Penguins in a 7-game bout before it starts.
No, I am not going to disagree with you. But I am not going to sit here and say, "We would get crushed and swept." Either. The Capitals were CLEARLY the better team against us two years ago, but we fought tooth and nail and lost in the 7th game. So, I think we can play against them.

Quote:
And, that's just one example, in my opinion, we don't match up well with any of the teams I mentioned above. Just because we beat the Caps while they're on a losing streak doesn't prove much. I said the Caps are tough, they are beatable, but tough, because I think their team hasn't adapted well to the playoffs yet. Ovy still has to show he belongs there. We could have won the series against them not long ago. But they are tough.
Absolutely. You are entitled to your opinion and I respect that.

Quote:
Regular season success does not always translate into playoff success, as you said, an example of that is the Devils the past few years or SJ, etc. But Pittsburgh has shown resiliency in that department. How about the Flyers last year and before. Chicago won the cup. Detroit routinely wins cups. When have the Rangers shown playoff resiliency? When have they shown a talent level worthy of competing in conference finals or beyond? 1994?

It's incomparable.
Actually, I thought we 'could have' had that against Buffalo. But the fact is: we didn't get it done.

The Flyers though, 'just made it.' and got hot at the right time. Anything could happen in the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Haha, funny you included that Randy Quaid pic. I was just out of sight in that pic. I worked on 'Major League II", my first job out of school. Quaid kept smoking cigar after cigar even though the Camden yards crew was not too happy
Awesome! Love that movie and Randy Quaid is the man! Work on movie sets for a living?

Quote:
True. All I am saying is that Pittsburgh is obviously blistering red hot right now, no one can dispute that. They're eventually going to cool...they have too. So who knows how they'll play going into the playoffs, they 'might' get a 4-game losing streak going, etc. Who knows. All I'm saying is if they're slump going into the playoffs against a team that has won say 7 in a row...things could get interesting.

Quote:

Definitely! Especially in the new-NHL, it is extremely difficult to win the Cup. Let alone twice in a row (aka Red Wings). Only "one" team wins it, so it will be extremely difficult for us to win with those odds.

The beautiful thing about the playoffs though is, as hard as teams play in the regular season, they have that magical ability to go to (and I quote Spinal Tap) to '11' and play even harder. We are already a hard-working team with this ridiculous ability to block shots, forecheck, and work hard. My thoughts are this: either we're working 'as hard as we can' now...which will be bad down the road - or - we'll be able to compete against any team in the NHL.

Quote:

You're right. Look, going into this season I still feel we can be a 'dark horse' if we get into the playoffs and bump a team or two...after that, who knows. It's obvious that we don't have the talent on paper, but from being a Ranger's fan for so long, it's obvious that on paper, doesn't mean squat.

All I'm saying is this: I would like to see some more positive remarks, that's all! I feel everything is so doom and gloom, and I'm not sure why...we're doing a bit better than I anticipated and are a middle-of-the-road team that is playing with heart and passion! Heart and passion is all I want! LGR!!

Old
12-13-2010, 12:34 PM
94now

Good win last night. Renney should be proud of his system after Torts implemented it. " Safe is death ' my foot... That what Caps were trying to do.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 12:34 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

The way some people talk around here is sickening. You should not be a Rangers fan if you don't have any hope, or any belief in your team. We just beat an elite team, at home which apparently we suck, in our 3rd jerseys which apparently we suck in, on a sunday, which yes we suck, 7 to ****ing 0. So why cant we appreciate that for a little while, instead of saying this team will no even make the playoffs.

We have a top goalie, a top goal scorer, and a top D pairing that can shut anyone down. We are still missing Drury and Prospal and are still playing great. The way this team plays is awesome, if you can't be optimistic for this season it is awesome. We have lines that can score, and play defense. And we have been winning with bad Powerplays, FO % and PK. I think all of that will get better as the season goes on. So honestly all of you negative nancy's please do me a favor and shut up real quick. Let me enjoy this for a little.

Blatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 12:41 PM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan1823 View Post
The way some people talk around here is sickening. You should not be a Rangers fan if you don't have any hope, or any belief in your team. We just beat an elite team, at home which apparently we suck, in our 3rd jerseys which apparently we suck in, on a sunday, which yes we suck, 7 to ****ing 0. So why cant we appreciate that for a little while, instead of saying this team will no even make the playoffs.

We have a top goalie, a top goal scorer, and a top D pairing that can shut anyone down. We are still missing Drury and Prospal and are still playing great. The way this team plays is awesome, if you can't be optimistic for this season it is awesome. We have lines that can score, and play defense. And we have been winning with bad Powerplays, FO % and PK. I think all of that will get better as the season goes on. So honestly all of you negative nancy's please do me a favor and shut up real quick. Let me enjoy this for a little.
Right on brother!!.. it is time to believe in this team. The season is early but there is potential.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 12:48 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

I've worked in many areas of the film industry, mostly distribution. Not alot of glam behind the scenes but it has its perks, like being on location in Toronto and Vancouver where I was always able to take in Canadian junior and University games from the late 90's to just last year.

As far as the people who have negative things to say - I don't know what to tell you younger guys. Most of the anger towards sour old guys like me seem to come from the youngest guys on this board. You guys should realize not all of it is just to be negative. There are some good strong opinions here about this team, sometimes they will be very negative just to balance out the 'we are headed for the Cup' kinda talk. But some guys have been Ranger fans longer than some of you were born, you can only imagine whats built up inside them

Either way there is a balance and that keeps the debates interesting.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote