HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Auld......Why ?

Old
12-13-2010, 03:26 AM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
I thought Auld played well in the second and third after the 2 goals he let in, when you score only 1 goal vs. the ****ing Leafs you don't deserve to win.
This.

Blame Auld all you want people, he needed a shutout to win that game.

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 07:29 AM
dutchy29

vCash: 500
hahaha he allowed 2 goals wtf?

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 09:33 AM
Pleky Roks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habblues View Post
I`m sorry but I have seen about enough of Auld. He has yet to prove he deserves to be on this team. He sure does not look like an NHL Goaltender.......THAT`S ALL I`M GOING TO SAY........sad sad sad..... 4 days off so why was in there ?.Price must be hurting....

I agree!! Auld looks terrible. In the 3 games he's played, he has let in about 4 questionable goals that a PeeWee goalie could have stopped. For a guy that has been a backup around the league for years and has played in many different cities he sure doesn't look very good right now.

A good backup goalie is able to play against the weaker teams and win. At this rate, we can't afford to give Price a night off because it means starting Auld and losing games.

I don't see any other goalies out there that would be any better, so I hope he turns his game around soon.

Maybe the Habs should aquire another top 6 forward sooner than later. We could use the extra boost in the goal scoring department. Maybe Patches will be the guy to step up and do that, if not, send him back to Hamilton and make a trade for someone that will fill the void.

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 11:45 AM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleky Roks View Post
I agree!! Auld looks terrible. In the 3 games he's played, he has let in about 4 questionable goals that a PeeWee goalie could have stopped. For a guy that has been a backup around the league for years and has played in many different cities he sure doesn't look very good right now.

A good backup goalie is able to play against the weaker teams and win. At this rate, we can't afford to give Price a night off because it means starting Auld and losing games.

I don't see any other goalies out there that would be any better, so I hope he turns his game around soon.

Maybe the Habs should aquire another top 6 forward sooner than later. We could use the extra boost in the goal scoring department. Maybe Patches will be the guy to step up and do that, if not, send him back to Hamilton and make a trade for someone that will fill the void.
Yes, you do realize that he's let in 6 goals in 3 games, right?

So, if I understand you right, a Peewee goalie would have a 0.66 GAA playing in Auld's place?

Auld is playing with a 94% save percentage and has a GAA of 2.
Yes, he let in one terrible goal and one unlucky one against the Leafs. He also made some big saves to keep us in the game.

I'm not even saying Auld is a great backup, but after 3 games, he's more than earned his spot on the team.

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 12:02 PM
Habblues

I get a huge kick out of some fans on this site. Did I say that I blamed Auld for the loss againt the Leafs ? NO NO NO !!! All i`m saying is that I don`t think he`s the man to back up Price. God help us if Carey Goes out with an injury. Auld was just VERY lucky that the Leafs didn`t score at least 6 goals on him because ANY other team (except for the bum Leafs) would have because he was out of position ALL night,giving up rebound after rebound. Couldn`t catch a puck in his glove hand if his life depended on it, and looked like a deer in the headlights out there.

Habblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 12:08 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
I get a huge kick out of some fans on this site. Did I say that I blamed Auld for the loss againt the Leafs ? NO NO NO !!! All i`m saying is that I don`t think he`s the man to back up Price. God help us if Carey Goes out with an injury. Auld was just VERY lucky that the Leafs didn`t score at least 6 goals on him because ANY other team (except for the bum Leafs) would have because he was out of position ALL night,giving up rebound after rebound. Couldn`t catch a puck in his glove hand if his life depended on it, and looked like a deer in the headlights out there.
He hasn't played in a real game for weeks.

Give him a break.

That is all.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 03:46 PM
Fanpuck33

You can't play your starter all 82 games nor can you expect your backup to be sharp when he only plays once every 10 games. They need to find a more happy medium in terms of how many games Price starts.

Fanpuck33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 05:08 PM
Habblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanpuck33 View Post
You can't play your starter all 82 games nor can you expect your backup to be sharp when he only plays once every 10 games. They need to find a more happy medium in terms of how many games Price starts.
I realize that but he`s not the guy to back up Price. That`s all i`m saying.

Habblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 05:20 PM
Teufelsdreck

I can' recall a game in which JM pulled Auld and replaced him with Price. Auld's record is 1-2 and in the games he lost the Habs forgot how to score. Hiswin vs. loss record so far this season is better than Tuukka Rask's.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 05:44 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
what you expect when you start a thread after the habs loss when your own team scored once and the opponent scored twice?

If the habs would've lost 6-4 and they outshot Toronto 47-13
i would understand

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote