HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Frolov to be "showcased"

Old
12-09-2010, 06:18 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Alex Frolov to be "showcased"

Quote:
Marian Gaborik, who has two hat tricks in his last 12 games but only two goals in the other 10 matches, will skate with Derek Stepan and Ruslan Fedotenko while Artem Anisimov will reclaim his spot between Dubinsky and Ryan Callahan. Brian Boyle and Brandon Prust will play with Alex Frolov while Sean Avery and Erik Christensen have been booted to the fourth unit with Derek Boogaard.

Avery skated with Boyle and Prust on Tuesday, which was when Frolov's interview with a news outlet in Russia in which he complained about his ice-time and assignment to the fourth line appeared in translated form on the Internet.

It would be no surprise if the switch was made in order to showcase Frolov, 0-0 in his last eight games and 1-0 in his last 12. Glen Sather likely is the most tolerant GM in the league, but he is not at all big on underachieving players complaining in public, no matter the language.
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz17c94EiOP

According to Bruce Garrioch,Simon Gagne is available not but Frolov

Quote:
While Alex Frolov of the Rangers is a possibility after he spoke out to a Russian reporter about his lack of ice time under coach John Tortorella, New York GM Glen Sather hasn’t been offering him around.
http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hock.../16479111.html

Glen Sather hasn't been offering him around YET or NYET in Frolov's case

Gagne has a $5.25 million cap hit which was Joker's cap hit.

Ales Kotalik($3 million)and Chris Higgins($2.25 million)for Joker($5.25 million)and Brandon Prust($500,000 last season).Rangers picked up $500,000 in the deal.

Alex Frolov($3 million)and Matt Gilroy($1.75 million/$2.1 million salary)for Simon Gagne($5.25 million).Gagne has a NTC. TB would want to move a D on a one way contract. They have Randy Jones($1 million),Mike Lundin($750,000) and Matt Smaby($525,000) as expiring contracts. Latter two are group II's. Rangers would be taking on too much money with Jones or Lundin. Smaby is no good. All are lefties.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 06:27 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Making that kind of deal would pretty much end all possibility and speculation of the Rangers trading for Richards.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 06:32 AM
WeWillWinTonight

There isn't much to show.

WeWillWinTonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 06:49 AM
Miller Time NYR
Wrong^

Showcasing him on the third line . He won't be a ranger much longer you can bet your ass sathers already been calling around, funny tho how he was probably practicing on the fourth line till the interview Tuesday then he got bunnpes up only to be showcased and gone. I give him two weeks tops(unless miraculously he starts scoring) sather will find a way to pawn him off at the gm meeting.

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 07:35 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
Showcasing him on the third line . He won't be a ranger much longer you can bet your ass sathers already been calling around, funny tho how he was probably practicing on the fourth line till the interview Tuesday then he got bunnpes up only to be showcased and gone. I give him two weeks tops(unless miraculously he starts scoring) sather will find a way to pawn him off at the gm meeting.
yea he will. All I want is a lefty Dman coming back. Prospal and Drury are going to be back soon enough.

If we can move Frolov, White , Gilroy off the team and replace then with Drury, Prospal and a lefty Dman the team will be better in the new year on paper atleast

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 07:44 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Gagne just got back from an injury and has been playing on Tampa's first line so plus isn't Downie banged up? I doubt they trade him now.

I loved Frolov in LA and unfortunately it isn't working here so far but in a worst case scenario I'd be down to swap him form Marco Sturm who could be invaluable come the stretch run.

Rangers take on an extra $500K.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 07:50 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Frolov, Gilroy to TBL for Gagne
White, Dupont to TOR for Mitchell
Eminger, McD/Vtank, 1st 2011, 3rd 2011, Horak/Thomas to WILD for Brent Burns + 2nd 2011

Mitchell to Hartford

Gagne - Christ (Prospal) - Gabs
Dubi - AA - Cally
Drury - Stepan - Feds
Avery - Boyle - Prust

Boogey - (Christ)

Staal - Burns
MDZ - Rozie
Girardi -Sauer

The King
Biron

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 07:56 AM
Vitto79

no chance in hell Gagne is dealt. he just got healthy and is filling in for Downie on the Stamkos , St Louis line. They also have Lecavalier hurt

Bruce G says Frolov is not being shopped,lol but if he is Ottawa would be interested.............I don't think that dude knows what he is talking about though. I trust Brooks

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 07:56 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I had to lol. Frolov complains about being on the 4th line, so Torts moves him to our other 4th line.

Can't wait until Vinny and Dru get back.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 08:08 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Frolov, Gilroy to TBL for Gagne
White, Dupont to TOR for Mitchell
Eminger, McD/Vtank, 1st 2011, 3rd 2011, Horak/Thomas to WILD for Brent Burns + 2nd 2011

Mitchell to Hartford

Gagne - Christ (Prospal) - Gabs
Dubi - AA - Cally
Drury - Stepan - Feds
Avery - Boyle - Prust

Boogey - (Christ)

Staal - Burns
MDZ - Rozie
Girardi -Sauer

The King
Biron
None of those are happening. Why would any of those teams make those trades? And why would you give up Dupont to get Mitchell, just to send Mitchell down? We could just send White down and keep Dupont.

Lastly, why is Girardi on the 3rd pair with Sauer? MDZ should not be playing top 4 minutes at this point in his career.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 08:26 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Just as the Russian reporter stirred the pot with that out of context portrayal of Frolov, Brooks is doing the same with this article. There is no evidence he is being showcased imo. This is just more of the same Brooks garbage filler.

Gotta find something to write about during a 3 day layoff eh, Larry?

But lets fire out those proposals anyway...

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 08:28 AM
SkerZ
LGR

Fro signing had me excited when it happened. The retarded amounts of wraparound s with no success had me mad but still thought it was early enough for him to get going. Now with his sence of entitlement for ice time he can pack his bags and take his cancerous attitude out of NY

SkerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 08:32 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Question is this.

Why would you sell a 30 goal scorer when he's at his absolute low value? What are you going to get back? Especially with the lack of room under the cap... You are better off living with him on the 4th or 3rd line or in the pressbox IMO. The guy is crap now, but he could return to form at any moment and be a real asset to the team, even if its for a 5 game stretch. So you hold out till then or the deadline if you are Sather and you REALLY want to get rid of him. What youll get back is the same now, someone else's scraps.

But if he ever gets hot, i doubt well see this amount of proposals. Scoring cures all.

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 12-09-2010 at 08:40 AM.
HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 08:46 AM
BBKers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
None of those are happening. Why would any of those teams make those trades? Umm Calgary last year... Montreal the year before...And why would you give up Dupont to get Mitchell, just to send Mitchell down? Ummm - we need to unload White. Skip Dupont then,,, but I doubt that would work...We could just send White down and keep Dupont. OK -I agree we could
Lastly, why is Girardi on the 3rd pair with Sauer?MDZ should not be playing top 4 minutes at this point in his career. I guess he could, I totally agree that MDz looks lost for stretches in his own zone this year.
Staal - Burns
Girardi - Rozie
MDZ -Sauer
Does that look better THEN???
SEE REMARKS ABOVE PLS

Old
12-09-2010, 09:01 AM
FOXHOUND*

So RB wants us to trade for band-aid boy gange?
You wear your agenda on your sleeve worse than Larry dude

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 09:10 AM
BBKers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
So RB wants us to trade for band-aid boy gange?
You wear your agenda on your sleeve worse than Larry dude
RB is imo the most knowlegable guy on these boards. Squishy is the top girl btw. They seldom agree with me - but wtf - if you go down that road be prepared to come out gutted dry....

Old
12-09-2010, 09:12 AM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
RB is imo the most knowlegable guy on these boards. Squishy is the top girl btw. They seldom agree with me - but wtf - if you go down that road be prepared to come out gutted dry....
Didn't discount his knowledge, just his obvious agenda

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 09:14 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

I had higher hops for Frolov this season. Remember reading up on all the HF personal scouting reports on him and how he was much more physical than he gets noticed for, and that he was a great forechecker and excellent along the wall. Also said he loves the wrap around.

So, everyone was right on the wrap around...so far thats about it.

Personally I think he is an average player. Not really great in any area, but just OK. Hope he proves me wrong.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 09:24 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
SEE REMARKS ABOVE PLS
The Calgary deal got us Jokinen. Don't think more needs to be said about him. Prust ended up being the best player in the deal for what he's paid, and that isn't saying much (not meant to be a knock on Prust).

The Gomez deal got us Higgins who later got traded in the deal to Calgary and a couple prospects who have yet to play for us.

Tampa isn't trading Gagne. Gilroy does nothing for them and I'm sure they'd rather have Gagne than Frolov, as would we, which is why you proposed it.

And what incentive does the wild have to trade their best dman, who's only 25? That deal makes them weaker in the short term, and is questionable whether it improves them in the long term.

Like I said, I see no reason why any of those teams would do those deals. The only one of them getting anything of real value are the wild, and they are giving up one of their best players to get it.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 09:26 AM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

I'd love Gagne. he's become so underrated. I think he's capable of being a 100pt player in the right situation.

Carlos Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 09:30 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Yes. Yes.

Who's in the market for an overpriced, underachiever chased out of two cities in less than 2 season...

Going once?

Going twice?

Helloooooooooooooooooooo?

Anyone?

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 09:31 AM
NYR Viper

I really doubt Gagne is an option.

Teams who MAY be interested in Frolov:
Vancouver(glut of defensemen)
Montreal
Dallas(closer to the deadline if they look to be true competitors)
LA(injuries on the wings)
Atlanta(same as Dallas)

Just off the top of my head but I would think those would be the teams Sather would be talking to.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 09:35 AM
BBKers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
The Calgary deal got us Jokinen. Don't think more needs to be said about him. Prust ended up being the best player in the deal for what he's paid, and that isn't saying much (not meant to be a knock on Prust). Prust and a rental in Jokinen for unloading Higgins and Kotalik? Major steal for us! Nobody and I mean NOBODY here saw that coming

The Gomez deal got us Higgins who later got traded in the deal to Calgary and a couple prospects who have yet to play for us. It also got us Gaborik. Gotta figure McD + V-Tank plus Gaborik for Gomez terrible contract is a big steal for us. A bit later Prust>> Higgins. Again -nobody saw that one either. Not even Ek

Tampa isn't trading Gagne. Gilroy does nothing for them and I'm sure they'd rather have Gagne than Frolov, as would we, which is why you proposed it. Yeah - whatever. Time will tell here... I think Tampa would do this. You do not, letīs agree to disagree...

And what incentive does the wild have to trade their best dman, who's only 25? That deal makes them weaker in the short term, and is questionable whether it improves them in the long term. Burns will be leaving the Wild as he has had some big issues there with management. Mark my words. We should make a big pitch for this guy as he is JUST WHAT WE NEED on D right now (or Doug Murray btw...). If you think my proposal was not enough value going back - fine. We add a little more

Like I said, I see no reason why any of those teams would do those deals. The only one of them getting anything of real value are the wild, and they are giving up one of their best players to get it.
Umm - you think so - I am not convinced.

OK --- again read above

Last edited by BBKers: 12-09-2010 at 09:47 AM.
Old
12-09-2010, 09:38 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

slo-lov is pretty much a goner. hes exactly the same player for us he was for la except he seems even slower now and less capable of finishing what chances he has.

hes not clicking with gaby at all and thats why he was brought here.

i expect his role to continue to diminish once prospal and capt lunesta return.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Cmox

Showcase his ability to skate only in 180 degree line.

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote