HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

World Juniors thread

Old
12-14-2010, 09:46 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kboum View Post
After the game they played tonight, I think the goaltenders will be Roy and Visentin... Pickard didnt have his best game apparently and BobMac said Gudbranson played really bad...

Nugent-Hopkins and Pirri will probably get cut...
So if you're right it will probably come down to Ashton, Bournival, Connolly, Hamilton and Howden for the last 3 spots. I have Eakin and Sheahan in...

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 09:48 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
On the WJC board for Team Finland they are saying the top line might be,

Rajala - Nättinen - Armia
It'll be interesting to see how Nattinen does in between two offensive studs like Rajala and Armia. Looking forward to it.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 10:13 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
McGuire on Sportscentre just now talking up Leblanc as a potential offensive breakout player for Canada...talked about how well he's doing in the Q and says he looks extremely comfortable at the camp.

They showed Bournival's assist, nice drive and good patience to pass it out in front.

Old
12-14-2010, 10:22 PM
gusfring

Visentin and Roy like I originally predicted.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 10:30 PM
NewHabsEra*

I feel Im not gonna sleep very well tonight, would be awesome if Bournival makes the team but Im effraid he doesnt survive to the last cuts.. Anyway its not like he wont have another chance to make it next year..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 11:05 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

The obvious trend is that speed and size are on the menu. Bournival has the speed but not the latter. While I didn't see the game, nobody came saying that on top of the stats he had a great game. I believed he needed the stats AND the great game to make it. Leroux had a 7/10 for his game tonight. Can't be enough to make it unfortunately. Can be enough to give him tons of confidence for next year though.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 11:08 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
So if you're right it will probably come down to Ashton, Bournival, Connolly, Hamilton and Howden for the last 3 spots. I have Eakin and Sheahan in...
I mean, look at those guys and their size.....and realize that if Bournival makes it, it will be a major surprise.

Old
12-15-2010, 01:20 AM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I mean, look at those guys and their size.....and realize that if Bournival makes it, it will be a major surprise.
well yeah i get that, but at the same time there not just looking for big guys, period. what i'm hoping for is that bournival's hustle and work ethic will win out for him in the end. but heck, it's a hope. either way, like you or someone else said, just getting to this spot is a small victory in of itself.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 06:01 AM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

4 minutes ago
TSNBobMcKenzie: That means Visentin and Roy are goalies. D is Ellis, de Haan, Cowen, Olsen, Gudbranson, Despres, Barrie.

6 minutes ago
TSNBobMcKenzie: Team Canada cuts courtesy of @TSNRyanRishaug: Pickard, Anderson, Murray, Murphy, Pysyk, Pirri, Nugent-Hopkins. More to come.

didouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 06:02 AM
76ftw

vCash: 50
So nervous for Bournival!

76ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 06:06 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

So far, those cuts were predictable.....the hardest ones are coming. 2 freakin forwards to come.....Let's go Michael.

Sheahan is cut!!!!!! Wow! Didn't see that one coming.

Old
12-15-2010, 06:07 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

And the last forward cut....Bournival.....

Old
12-15-2010, 06:09 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Damn.. I had my fingers crossed for the kid.. here's hoping for an injury (joking).

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 06:11 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Damn.. I had my fingers crossed for the kid.. here's hoping for an injury (joking).
It's not surprising though. Look that roster and the only "small" guys are Eakin and Schwartz. Schwartz is tremendously talented. And I guess in the utility role, Eakin beat Bournival.

Old
12-15-2010, 06:14 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

From Stéphane Leroux, you can say that Bournival was the 14th forward.

Old
12-15-2010, 06:38 AM
TheBuriedHab

Damn, was really pulling for Bournival. Lot of surprising cuts this morning to me.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 06:44 AM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
From Stéphane Leroux, you can say that Bournival was the 14th forward.
I think he should be proud of himself, not many can say that they made the team in their first year even Leblanc was cut earlier then that last year. Hopefully this makes him determined to make it like leblanc and he comes back next year and makes the team.

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 06:52 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
The obvious trend is that speed and size are on the menu. Bournival has the speed but not the latter. While I didn't see the game, nobody came saying that on top of the stats he had a great game. I believed he needed the stats AND the great game to make it. Leroux had a 7/10 for his game tonight. Can't be enough to make it unfortunately. Can be enough to give him tons of confidence for next year though.
Connolly and Ashton are not fast.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 06:54 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
It's not surprising though. Look that roster and the only "small" guys are Eakin and Schwartz. Schwartz is tremendously talented. And I guess in the utility role, Eakin beat Bournival.
Bournival is the same size as LeBlanc, how is one "small" not the other?

Old
12-15-2010, 06:55 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Good news is that if another player gets hurt in the next 10 days he could be called back like Kane was 2 years ago(or was it 3?).

Old
12-15-2010, 07:07 AM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:

small? SMALL!

All joking aside, I'm guessing its just because the guys he was competing with had a more productive camp. I'm not that upset though, he was last cut and will get another chance next year.

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 07:28 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Connolly and Ashton are not fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Bournival is the same size as LeBlanc, how is one "small" not the other?
How about looking at the big picture instead of nitpicking 1 guy or the other and believe it's not the overall trend? Hey, the Habs are a fast team....euh no, they have Gill on it.

Leblanc has an overall better talent right now. So Bournival would have ended up being an energy role. And Canada decides to go with size. Not sure it's not that obvious....

But that's how the team was build on. Speed and size even if you're trying to nitpick 1 or 2 guys to say otherwise.

Edit: Oops....Tourigny, assistant coach for Canada just said on CKAC that size played a big role in the making of this team.....

Old
12-15-2010, 08:18 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
I'm not really a big fan of some of those cuts. Sheahan, RNH, Bournival...none good enough to be even the 14th forward? Hmmm....

Last year the Americans embarassed us shift after shift in the gold medal game with their speed...I lost count of how many odd-man rushes we gave up. Considering we have a defense of Olsen (huge guy, not especially mobile), Gudbranson (who I like but has apparently been garbage in camp) and Cowen (playing better this year in the WHL but a disaster last year), it's hard not to imagine a similar scenario this year...but we'll see.

Old
12-15-2010, 08:18 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
How about looking at the big picture instead of nitpicking 1 guy or the other and believe it's not the overall trend? Hey, the Habs are a fast team....euh no, they have Gill on it.

Leblanc has an overall better talent right now. So Bournival would have ended up being an energy role. And Canada decides to go with size. Not sure it's not that obvious....

But that's how the team was build on. Speed and size even if you're trying to nitpick 1 or 2 guys to say otherwise.

Edit: Oops....Tourigny, assistant coach for Canada just said on CKAC that size played a big role in the making of this team.....
You made it sound like those guys were all big and fast and Bournival had no chance. From the sounds of it it was pretty much 50-50 and him and Sheehan were on the bubble with a few others.

Old
12-15-2010, 08:20 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I'm not really a big fan of some of those cuts. Sheahan, RNH, Bournival...none good enough to be even the 14th forward? Hmmm....

Last year the Americans embarassed us shift after shift in the gold medal game with their speed...I lost count of how many odd-man rushes we gave up. Considering we have a defense of Olsen (huge guy, not especially mobile), Gudbranson (who I like but has apparently been garbage in camp) and Cowen (playing better this year in the WHL but a disaster last year), it's hard not to imagine a similar scenario this year...but we'll see.
Bournival was the 14th forward according to MacKenzie, that's why he was cut, because they only kept 13.

I think on defense, losing Gormley hurt, he would ahve pushed Cowen, Gudbranson and Olsen down a notch, basically 1 less spot for those 3.