HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Opinions on CCM Skates?

Old
12-17-2010, 11:07 AM
canuck44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
Holy cow!!! What's next? Pink unicorn's and rainbows? Multi-Colored blade holders?

Skates are getting uglier by the minute.

I thought the recent look of the Synergy ST sticks was a good sign, but I can see it was an exception to the rule of spastic color design.
I always thought the translucent holders on the old one90's were pretty fugly, not to mention the durability issues...

canuck44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 03:17 PM
greyraven8

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbitca View Post
I miss the Tacks line
Perani's (www.hockeyworld.com) has some old stock high end Tacks on clearance if you are the right size - unfortunately I'm not (9.5E).

Nothing has fit me as well as my 852 Tacks. Haven't tried all the new brands and models out there but the few I have haven't fit like the Tacks - including CCM Vectors and U+.

greyraven8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 03:58 PM
jsykes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
Holy cow!!! What's next? Pink unicorn's and rainbows? Multi-Colored blade holders?

Skates are getting uglier by the minute.

I thought the recent look of the Synergy ST sticks was a good sign, but I can see it was an exception to the rule of spastic color design.
Well, most people buying these top end skates dont care as they're just tools to do a job. They go with what fits their needs the best.

While I dont think they look nice, if they fit me the way they should are light and perform, I really dont care what they look like.

That said, the reason for it is that these companies know that there is also a large market of people out there that buy what the pros use simply because they're using them. They want them to stick out and be highly noticeable on TV and in photos so that you KNOW that Kane is using Bauer skates. That sells stuff and if all skates looked alike and were plain brown or black like 20 years ago, nothing would stick out and they'd be losing a ton of sales to those that just want to wear what the pros do.

jsykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 08:21 PM
Rocko604

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyraven8 View Post
Perani's (www.hockeyworld.com) has some old stock high end Tacks on clearance if you are the right size - unfortunately I'm not (9.5E).

Nothing has fit me as well as my 852 Tacks. Haven't tried all the new brands and models out there but the few I have haven't fit like the Tacks - including CCM Vectors and U+.
I loved my Tacks. My current skates are Reebok 4K's. This is technically still my first season with them as I bought them on Boxing Day 06, played till May 07, then didn't play again for 3 years. Don't have any complaints with the 4K's though. Had to put it different insoles, but other than that I love them.

However, according to my old man, there'll never be a skate that's better than the Bauer Black Panthers.

Rocko604 is offline   Reply With Quote