HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Purinton

Closed Thread

Old
06-21-2004, 12:34 AM
Prucha73

vCash: 500
Purinton

Anybody got any inside info on how Sather feels about him? Is there any chance Sather will re-sign this pathetic excuse of a hockey player?

Old
06-21-2004, 01:21 AM
filthy#20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha73
Anybody got any inside info on how Sather feels about him? Is there any chance Sather will re-sign this pathetic excuse of a hockey player?
i certainly wouldnt sign him based on his attitude including his stubboness not to report to hartford for conditioning after returning from injury.

true he has the right to refuse and stay with the big club but to me he put himself before the best interests of the club,

Old
06-21-2004, 02:46 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
not the type of guy i would want in my lockerroom if im looking to build with young kids. the guy has a bad attitude and isnt a team guy.
add to the fact he is a terrible defensman who takes bad penalties= you should want him elsewhere next season.

Old
06-21-2004, 03:15 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
not the type of guy i would want in my lockerroom if im looking to build with young kids. the guy has a bad attitude and isnt a team guy.
add to the fact he is a terrible defensman who takes bad penalties= you should want him elsewhere next season.
From what I know most of the players love him but the coaches don't. He just takes too many pims and is a poor skater.

Old
06-21-2004, 03:29 AM
Edge

He doesn't have a bad attitude, he's continually a fav. amongst his peers and anyone who's ever met him will tell you he fits the typical enforcer personality. 95% of them are all the most even keeled guys off the ice.

The problem is that he's simply maxed out at his current stage but he doesn't think he is.

He's overachieved what people thought he could do, but he's probably hit his ceiling.

Old
06-21-2004, 06:01 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I don't think that Dale has a bad attitude. I do think that he overestimates himself as a player. He is not as good as he thinks he is and he seems to have forgotten what got him to the NHL in the first place.

Old
06-21-2004, 06:22 AM
Fletch

Not a bad guy to keep around at #7...

but he's not an integral cog to a team. He can fight, but I hate how he picks his spots. He often takes dumb penalties. He's not very physical either. I wouldn't be too upset if he were gone, nor would I be too upset if he stayed.

Old
06-21-2004, 06:29 AM
Edge

He doesn't have the skating ability to be a real physical force and I honestly don't think he's even that great of a fighter.

But he's an example of hard working paying off.

Old
06-21-2004, 08:17 AM
BLACKBURN

He should be gone by next season. With guys like Lampman and Kondratiev we should get rid of the deda wood blocking their paths. Im not saying lampmans great but he is a hell of a lot better then a defensive enforcer who cant enforce, skate, shoot, pass, play physical or go a game without taking a dumb penalty. How he made it to the NHL I will never know, actually I do, its called a severe lack of depth.

Old
06-21-2004, 08:45 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN
He should be gone by next season. With guys like Lampman and Kondratiev we should get rid of the deda wood blocking their paths. Im not saying lampmans great but he is a hell of a lot better then a defensive enforcer who cant enforce, skate, shoot, pass, play physical or go a game without taking a dumb penalty. How he made it to the NHL I will never know, actually I do, its called a severe lack of depth.
He made it to the NHL by working his arse off, as anyone can see from his first camp to last year.

He does not have an attitude problem, and always speaks in terms of the team. I won't be upset if he's not resigned, but I'd rather see him collecting dust on the pine than anyone who still has AHL rights and can get more games in down there.

Basically, like everyone else on this team, he should have to earn a spot. If he doesn't beat anyone out of a spot in camp, he's exposed to the waiver draft and is either picked or goes to hFd to protect the other prospects.

He refused a conditioning stint, does not mean he can refuse to be reassigned.

Old
06-21-2004, 08:46 AM
kazo

Quote:
It's fine to replace Purinton but replace him with someone who can play physical and punish opposing forwards. We have no one who can fill that role including Lampman and Kondratiev.

Old
06-21-2004, 08:51 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian
He made it to the NHL by working his arse off, as anyone can see from his first camp to last year.

He does not have an attitude problem, and always speaks in terms of the team. I won't be upset if he's not resigned, but I'd rather see him collecting dust on the pine than anyone who still has AHL rights and can get more games in down there.

Basically, like everyone else on this team, he should have to earn a spot. If he doesn't beat anyone out of a spot in camp, he's exposed to the waiver draft and is either picked or goes to hFd to protect the other prospects.

He refused a conditioning stint, does not mean he can refuse to be reassigned.
Lou Lamoriello would have banished Dale Purinton once he refused the conditioning stint

Old
06-21-2004, 09:17 AM
BLACKBURN

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazo
It's fine to replace Purinton but replace him with someone who can play physical and punish opposing forwards. We have no one who can fill that role including Lampman and Kondratiev.
A bit of a contradiction isnt it? How do you replace him with those guys if we apparently dont have them, unless you mean sign more 30 year old free agents. And to be honest I dont care how hard you work, if you are a liability then you should be replaced, especially when there are younger, better players available.

Old
06-21-2004, 10:13 AM
Onion Boy

I think it basically comes down to McAllister or Purinton, and I for one would much rather have McAllister who can play both D and Left Wing and can play a regular shift at the NHL level without looking out of place like Purinton.

Old
06-21-2004, 10:18 AM
zestystrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
But he's an example of hard working paying off.
I think PJ Stock is a better example. Anyone know his status?

Old
06-21-2004, 10:24 AM
Fletch

kazo...

I agree that I would want someone to play physical and punish opposing forwards, although that's not something even Dale did, in my opinion. Fight, yes. Clear the front of the net and take guys out? No. I don't see much difference in Lampman other than the fighting. Both keep it simple and just move the puck out.

Old
06-21-2004, 10:37 AM
kazo

Quote:
A bit of a contradiction isnt it? How do you replace him with those guys if we apparently dont have them, unless you mean sign more 30 year old free agents. And to be honest I dont care how hard you work, if you are a liability then you should be replaced, especially when there are younger, better players available.
No, it's not a conradiction. It's just defining what is one of the many problem areas that confronts the Rangers. Also, it might be a good idea to draft a few of those type players just for the helluva it.

Old
06-21-2004, 11:43 AM
Fotiu22

Send a message via AIM to Fotiu22
Quote:
Originally Posted by zestystrat
I think PJ Stock is a better example. Anyone know his status?

Old
06-21-2004, 12:37 PM
tukonen

vCash:
Purinton is a horrible hockey player and he's also gutless. He sucker punched 2 guys last year. Basically he knew with the team rebuilding he no longer would have a job so he decided to become a cheap shot thug

Closed Thread