HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

how long before people start complaining about the Boyd for SK trade?

Old
12-14-2010, 03:43 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
What people need to understand is the logistics behind the trade. It wasn't about making a trade for players they really wanted. It was about getting something in return for players they no longer wanted. Both teams basically said to themselves, "Let's get something interesting back for these players. If they work out, great. If not, well it's not really a big deal.

The big difference between why SK is doing anything and Boyd nothing is injuries, pure and simple. Nashville has had them, Montreal not so much until now.
Darche was hired as the 13th Forward. Boyd was seen as a regular in the top 12 before starting the season. He simply wasn't good enough.
Even with injuries, placing a defenseman as a forward was seen as a better option for Martin, on more than one occasion.

The main difference is talent. Sergei has some, Boyd not so much.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 04:10 PM
LastChancePrice

Im already happy we got something for SK. I dont like that kid one bit, even if he got some level of talent.

Happy hes not here anymore. Out of the locker room the whinning crap threw over the media. We have a pretty well good team attitude atm, nobody is whinning threw the media about his status with the club and take all their role seriously.

LastChancePrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 04:17 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgivemePrice View Post
Im already happy we got something for SK. I dont like that kid one bit, even if he got some level of talent.

Happy hes not here anymore. Out of the locker room the whinning crap threw over the media. We have a pretty well good team attitude atm, nobody is whinning threw the media about his status with the club and take all their role seriously.
we trade Sergei for two UFA, one didn't sign with us and the other sign with the Habs but cleared waivers two times.

I would have take a 7 round draft pick in 2015 before that

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 04:30 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I'm not really interested in SK's time in MTL(I know much of it already,) but he's been reborn in Nashville. He got off to a slow start because he was playing with a broken foot and Trotz was struggling with all but our top line. Since being united with Martin Erat and Marcel Goc, he's been on fire...six game point streak, 8 points in his last six games, and his icetime has almost doubled. The "KEG" line has arguably been our best, and Kostitsyn has been the most productive member of it. Coach Trotz said that it took mutual understanding of what SK expected and what the team expected, but there's been no issues. He's worked hard, had a good attitude, and most of us are happy that as he's finally healthy, it's paying off. As of last night, he was moved up to the number one PP unit, and he answered with a goal and an assist. Trotz says there's been no issues with teammates, work ethic, or attitude. He's done what's asked, and both he and the team seem happy...similar to the acqusition of Shane O'Brien, who had "issues' in Vancouver.

I liked Dustin Boyd, but there's nothing special abouthim. Nothing to set him apart from most any player in the league, so I wasn't particularly sad to see him go. To have gotten SK for him is pretty amazing.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 04:33 PM
habfan1968

vCash: 400
LOL at people thinking we could have gotten something of value for SK. We were lucky to even have a crack at the two ufa's. He is a bad person, good hockey player though. He should have been kicked to the curb long before but we did get live bodies for him so better than an imaginary player.

habfan1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 04:37 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
Umm, we wanted to get rid of SK by any means necessary. I don't see it as a loss. Besides, 4g,7a is nothing to phone home about.
Actually the points are significant.

He missed time with an injury. He was getting 10 min average TOI. He has increased that to almost 15 min lately. Last few games I watched they promoted him to the PP and he has been dishing some nice passes, which has always been his strength

He would be 9th in scoring on the Habs ahead of Gomez, Laps, Moen, Eller, Pyatt, and of course Boyd. He is ahead of all the D men on the Habs in scoring with the exception of Hamr. All that with 3 to 5 fewer games played than the Habs he is compared to.

Clearly he created some of his problems in Montreal. But he was never really given a fair chance to escape the doghouse by Martin in my opinion. I think they frustrated the kid to the point where he had to go elsewhere. So part of the failure lies with coaching

I've been watching the kid play for the Preds. It's not like he has changed the way he plays on ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan1968 View Post
LOL at people thinking we could have gotten something of value for SK. We were lucky to even have a crack at the two ufa's. He is a bad person, good hockey player though. He should have been kicked to the curb long before but we did get live bodies for him so better than an imaginary player.
He's a "bad person"? LOL Based on what?

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 04:49 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Habs position was SK "the cancer" absolutely had to go, was shipped out basically for nothing. Now he has 8 points in his last 6 games, +8, very good. "Ribeiro Syndrome" anyone?

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 04:52 PM
King Woodballs
**** This Place

vCash: 375
Getting rid of sk was great
Even if it might be for nothing

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 05:05 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

I always liked SK, but he was done with the Habs, no way he was getting out of JM's doghouse. We weren't dealing from a position of strength so the fact we got a couple UFA's to try and sign was a plus. I'd have liked to get back a pick or prospect like we did with O'Byrne but no dice.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 05:12 PM
FF de Mars

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedrik View Post
I seriously wonder if players check EA player ratings when the games are released. I could literally imagine an agent citing his player's during a negotiation.
They have to use the most they can. It's plausible. At the very least, a couple of his friends back home must have told him, if he hasn't played with himself on the X-box.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 05:14 PM
Krnage

vCash: 400
now can we get rid of Boyd as soon as possible

Krnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 05:18 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

if I had cancer and went to the hospital and they removed it for me, I don't think I would complain about anything. Habs are in the same boat. The guy was cancer personified. He was literally making others around him. The players demanded he get sent home, that's all you need to know. You don't walk out on your team twice in one season and stick around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedrik View Post
I seriously wonder if players check EA player ratings when the games are released. I could literally imagine an agent citing his player's during a negotiation.
If any agent would, it would be Allan Walsh.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 05:31 PM
Stradale

I didn't like how things turned out with Sergei, i don't think he was the only person to blame.. but anyways I know it was an inevitable trade.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 05:56 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Grapeholders?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
I heard he wore ball-huggers instead of boxers.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 05:59 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Well I guess you started it today

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 05:59 PM
Habs13

Never. He was a negative and dumping him brought back the positive...

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 06:06 PM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
SK? Who is that?

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 06:43 PM
Peter Puck

I guess he had to go. But we really got nothing for him. Ellis didn't sign and even Boyd signed when he was a UFA and anyone could sign him.

The fact that he's succeeding in Nashville shows Trotz handled SK better than Martin. Maybe there was nothing Martin could do but he basically picked on SK from day one (literally). SK deserves some of the blame but so does Martin.

I really think SK should have been the answer to our lack of a top six forward. People forget that he did pretty well when he was here.

Peter Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 07:07 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Sometimes, I like to wear his jersey to free ice hockey. Whenever I feel like dishing out sick passes, and bumping people with hip checks and starting ****, I wear my Sergei jersey. I wear my Gionta jersey when I feel like banging in garbage goals around the crease + shooting from the side boards. I found out that soon, I will have a Subban jersey (ruined my christmas gift...), meaning I'll get to work on my Subey-do next time.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 07:40 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by samos View Post
Where did you read I didn't understand?
lol sorry misread you with your

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
we trade Sergei for two UFA, one didn't sign with us and the other sign with the Habs but cleared waivers two times.

I would have take a 7 round draft pick in 2015 before that
which team would've paid a 7th round?

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 07:55 PM
The Right Price

I am sure Sergei is finding plenty of entertainment in those Nashville country discos

The Right Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 08:00 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmax View Post
Boyd has been placed on waver again while Sergei seams to find his niche with the Preds.

So... how long before we see people (journalist, blogger, HF posters) start complaining about this trade?

What is funny is that these people already forgot that Sergei was a little punk that NEEDED to go away from the Habs locker room!
We all knew Sergei could play, but we all know he is a distraction and a me first player which doesn't work in the dressing room or on the ice in Montreal.

Sergei is in the same mould of Grabovski, talented but selfish and plays when they want to play.

He will eventually do the same in Nashville, still won't be surprised to see him bolt to the KHL for cash.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 09:10 PM
Toro

can't win every trade but it sure looks like we got taken here huh guys? I mean was Ellis even a possibility as a backup to Price? no..

Boyd has messed up his chance at the NHL 3 times now. Did we do our homework there? anyway its not like teams were banging at our door about SK. Just hope the Bag was filled to the top with the black discs.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 09:19 PM
Bieber fever

I didn't read the hole trade , but we didn't trade SK for Boyd.

We trade SK for nothing . We sign Boyd UFA ( well he wasn't UFA but Nashville didn't offer him a QO , so he was going to be UFA and it's not like they were lots of team waiting for him....)

anyway probably the only bad move by PG so far.

Bieber fever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 09:22 PM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauce514 View Post
I didn't read the hole trade , but we didn't trade SK for Boyd.

We trade SK for nothing . We sign Boyd UFA ( well he wasn't UFA but Nashville didn't offer him a QO , so he was going to be UFA and it's not like they were lots of team waiting for him....)

anyway probably the only bad move by PG so far.
BS much

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote