HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

how long before people start complaining about the Boyd for SK trade?

Old
12-14-2010, 09:37 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

vCash: 500
You don't win cups with players like SK, end of story. Great talent, but unmotivated. Glad he's gone. Boyd isn't bad, we just have great bottom-6 depth.

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 09:42 PM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post
Boyd isn't bad, we just have great bottom-6 depth.
is it that our depth is better than we thought? We have better in Hamilton than Boyd.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 09:45 PM
LesCanadiens

I don't know what the issue is....

I mean....even Dustin Boyd is better than cancer.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 09:47 PM
Bieber fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
BS much
explain yourself .....We trade SK for : right to Ellis and right to Boyd.

Boyd was RFA and nashville didn't offer him a QO, so he was going to be UFA .We acquired his right one day before he was going to be UFA.....We could have signed him as a UFA without giving any assets. Also we didn't sign Ellis , so SK was traded for absolutly nothing.

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 09:48 PM
deandebean

You're talking about the same guy that had moucho problems outside the rink in Montreal, was NOT liked in the locker room by the players themselves, and lambasted the organisation publicly in a russian paper?

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 09:56 PM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauce514 View Post
explain yourself .....We trade SK for : right to Ellis and right to Boyd.

Boyd was RFA and nashville didn't offer him a QO, so he was going to be UFA .We acquired his right one day before he was going to be UFA.....We could have signed him as a UFA without giving any assets. Also we didn't sign Ellis , so SK was traded for absolutly nothing.
your post was a bunch of half truths and lies, didn't even mention Ellis. this post is not.

except that the rights to 2 players is not nothing. Its the rights to 2 players.

relax buddy...no biggie

Old
12-14-2010, 09:59 PM
BlackStar

I must say I'm very surprised by the responses. I thought the majority were going to whine about the trade and ignore the SK's pathetic behavior last year.

Boyd hasn't been able to crack our line-up, but the kid has talent. It just didn't work out, far from a bad being a bad trade. We wanted to get rid of him, getting something in return was just a bonus.

Let us also remember that Sk had some good stretches here. I am not surprised with him putting up points, but can he keep it up? We'll see.

BlackStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 09:59 PM
habtastic

Last I checked we are trying to FIT another player (Max Pac) into our roster and people are debating who gets left out of the bottom six. This is a great situation to be in. Sergei wouldn't fit into the bottom six, let alone the top 6 and I can't really say if it's related but AK seems like a man reborn. Like mentioned above, getting rid of him was already a win even though I admit he has talent, just not within our system.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 10:03 PM
Toro

You know, if S.K. becomes a UFA or asks for a trade he should try to go to Long Island. He would be perfect there, guys like him usually do well there.

Old
12-14-2010, 10:14 PM
Bieber fever

Quote:
your post was a bunch of half truths and lies, didn't even mention Ellis. this post is not.

except that the rights to 2 players is not nothing. Its the rights to 2 players.

relax buddy...no biggie
i'm not mad brah ,

the right to 2 player is not nothing , unless you don't sign one and the order player was about to be UFA the next day and nobody would have give him a contract.

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 10:26 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:

relax buddy...no biggie
The deal was done June 29th. We got the right to talk to these guys two days before they became UFA's. You insist on calling it "something", but if you think about it we got nothing

Ellis was never coming and Montreal was the only team showing any interest in Boyd. I think he just got waived a second time this week

Anyway those players rights = zippo

The only thing I find interesting is a reference in the NHL news archive that refers to a conditional 5th round pick in 2012.

Quote:
The Nashville Predators sent a pair of unrestricted free agents to the Montreal Canadiens on Tuesday in exchange for restricted free agent forward Sergei Kostitsyn.

In return for Kostitsyn, the Canadiens acquired goaltender Dan Ellis and forward Dustin Boyd. A fifth-round conditional pick in the 2012 Entry Draft could also be transferred from one team to the other depending on whether each player signs with his new team or if his rights end up being traded.
I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else so I am not sure what the conditional pick wording means. Or if it exists at all

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 11:03 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Just that when you trade a player that has some kind of talent but just needs some maturity in the head, just be careful you could get something valuable even if it just means a 6th rounder, since we can make something valuable from a pick as low it can be. We traded a talented player once he reached 0 value. And even below 0. For 2 players that Nashville knew they were going to lose, and probably didn't even care of losing. Kostitsyn was suppose to be that big cancer. He surely was when he had "some" kind of success, even before all the show he did when he was send down and all...So before this happens, send him packing, you would have gotten something better. If you don't want to do it, well work with him. Some kids needs more attention than others.

Sergei's stint does not mean he'll end up a top 5 player in the league....But I am pretty sure that I've read in this very own board how MOST people prefereed having SKost and AKost in their team instead of Ryan Getzlaf. Also think that some of us, and I was amongst them, thought SKost could have a better overall career as a complete player than his bro. We had a talent in our hands. He didn't have the maturity and I agree, players needs to be accountable. But too many times have we send a guy packing who ended up much better everywhere else. And too many times have we been at the worst end of lopsided deals.

All and all, look at the trade in itself and tell me, even before what we're seeing now, had more chance to come the winner. A team who acquires 2 guys, not that great and that could not even sign with them, or the team that acquires a good talent who just needs maturity, something a whole lot of players obtain when they're traded for the 1st time......The trade in itself was clearly not a good one for us unless you decide to go with the "addition by substraction" superb theory. My theory is that we should not have gone till it was too late to do something. You should never or rarely be put in a position that there's nothing you can do, you're stuck with somebody and you played the situation so you'd have the lowest value ever....We've done that too many times already.

And another thing....so much importance for a guy who's that big of a cancer. You think that at one point, somebody would have been able to put him at his place. 'Cause I believe that once cancer, always a cancer. See Avery. If not, it means you can change. I just hope we would find a way to do that ourselves instead of making them learn the game here and send them away to develop....

Last edited by Whitesnake: 12-14-2010 at 11:11 PM.
Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 11:07 PM
KareyPrice

Sergie gone= Price playing unreal rember those 2 had issues last year and the thing i dont get how everyone bashes SK when last year he got called up from the AHL everyone called martin an idiot for sending him down in the first place and that he was playing well

KareyPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 12:05 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
And another thing....so much importance for a guy who's that big of a cancer. You think that at one point, somebody would have been able to put him at his place. 'Cause I believe that once cancer, always a cancer. See Avery. If not, it means you can change. I just hope we would find a way to do that ourselves instead of making them learn the game here and send them away to develop....
Slice it all you want, but you have to draw a line somewhere... and the guy crossed the line time and time again...

S.Kostisyn wasn't simply an on-ice *****... he was a failure especially off the ice... if you can't sober up and stop acting like a moron when you get tagged by a mob in a facebook picture, then just GTFO ... honestly.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 12:15 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
Slice it all you want, but you have to draw a line somewhere... and the guy crossed the line time and time again...

S.Kostisyn wasn't simply an on-ice *****... he was a failure especially off the ice... if you can't sober up and stop acting like a moron when you get tagged by a mob in a facebook picture, just GTFO ... seriously.
And yet at that time, we all agreed it was something blown out of proportion by a stupid media and their darkest day of Habs history. We've all laughed at them, mentioning how that was nothing, that at worst, it was a guy who either didn't know or was pretty poor at knowing who his friends were, friend that seemed to be shared by Andrei and...Hamrlik, not known as cancers. As far as partying is concerned, we've seen Price doing it....not known as cancer either.

Again, SKost was NOT the greatest of example and did have some problems to work with. I do keep repeating it 'cause it seems it's not clear enough. But one of my point is that we've had plenty of examples not that long ago of a whole lot of our players partying which seems to indicate a lack of tutoring of the part of the org. Sergei is a big boy, he had to take the blame. A whole lot. But I just don't believe he's alone. And unless he still proves to be a cancer with his new team, I will believe that there was work to be done inside our org. Again, Price was not known in having the greatest of attitude. Subban seemed to be pissing people around...and yet nobody mentioned the word cancers around them....thank god.

But it's pretty funny how the Sergei story went from "total fabrication by the stupid french press" to worst cancer in a long time....He didn't want to go to Hamilton. Big mistake. Yet, to me, he kinda makes out for it by wanting to work hard when he was there. So I don't see the big cancer everybody likes to be referring to. Unless, it's just reassuring to think that way if he starts producing. Again, we do like our addition by substraction around here.

So going back to the idea of the thread, well if we go players for players. Nashville wins easily. If you decide to believe that just him leaving was enough for us to win it, so be it. Geez, even if I hated it at the time and still don't like it to this day, I would still have appreciated a 7th rounder.....would have made my June 2011 a little funnier....

Old
12-15-2010, 12:19 AM
Habs

If Sergei was still here, we wouldn't have been able to sign Gionta and Cammy. Oh wait, thats the Gomez excuse, we need a better one for the return on S.K

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 12:29 AM
habsfanwpg27*

I don't like this thread. I really don't see the point of it, I don't like how were given him his 16th minute of fame.

habsfanwpg27* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 12:34 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
Umm, we wanted to get rid of SK by any means necessary. I don't see it as a loss. Besides, 4g,7a is nothing to phone home about.
One more point than the "boy god" seguin.

Last edited by OneSharpMarble: 12-15-2010 at 12:41 AM.
OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 01:06 AM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
One more point than the "boy god" seguin.
2 more than Gomez, with almost half ice time.

Last edited by Stradale: 12-15-2010 at 01:13 AM.
Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 01:57 AM
BlackStar

I remember some people calling for Gauthier's head for keeping Price over Halak. Gautheir was an idiot, Price would never succeed in this market...bla bla bla. Why do I bring this up? When you are on the outside looking in, do not pretend you are more knowledgeable than the Org at what they do.

BlackStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 03:03 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
If Sergei was still here, we wouldn't have been able to sign Gionta and Cammy. Oh wait, thats the Gomez excuse, we need a better one for the return on S.K
SK is garbage and had no value.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 07:04 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I'm just glad SK is gone and we got anything back even though Boyd and Ellis haven't "worked out" so far. We could ahve just let him loose like Buffalo with Kennedy or Atlanta with MacArthur. Some people should stop whining about that deal, if SK develops into a player then we can talk, but not when he is on pace for 28 points.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 07:30 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I'm just glad SK is gone and we got anything back even though Boyd and Ellis haven't "worked out" so far. We could ahve just let him loose like Buffalo with Kennedy or Atlanta with MacArthur. Some people should stop whining about that deal, if SK develops into a player then we can talk, but not when he is on pace for 28 points.
What's the end result? Buffalo got nothing....Atlanta got nothing and Habs doesn't have Ellis and send Boyd through the waivers for a 2nd time this year, cleared for the 2nd time which means every other team thinks Boyd is....nothing. All and all, this return will soon enough become....nothing.

Old
12-15-2010, 08:01 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmax View Post
Boyd has been placed on waver again while Sergei seams to find his niche with the Preds.

So... how long before we see people (journalist, blogger, HF posters) start complaining about this trade?

What is funny is that these people already forgot that Sergei was a little punk that NEEDED to go away from the Habs locker room!
This answers your question now. I also bet it could have waited longer if you had not created this thread.
Now the real question...How long do they complain about it?

otto bond is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 08:39 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
SK is garbage and had no value.
A garbage player that's loved by his new teammates, has had zero issues on or off ice in a new environment, and lately has been the best player on the ice for either team over the last several games.

I'll take a team full of "garbage," please and thanks.

Maybe it wasn't all the player?

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote