Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Bruins Attitude of the Game; Leadership

Old
12-14-2010, 07:42 PM
bostonbs

vCash: 500
Bruins Attitude of the Game; Leadership

the bruins are a good team, potentially a great team, but right now not so much. the bruins game against the Philadelphia flyers was a great example(and the matt cooke savard hit) of them not having resiliance for team-mates, and relying on the league to fix their problems, the flyers won that series because they took out Krejci(lets be honest he was a target) and with him out the bruins were an enigma on offense, a legal hit, but one that changed the playoffs last year. the bruins need to play with grit, and a sense of being uncomfortable, and the cannot be content, the cannot be satisfied if they want to win a championship. they need a big splash to do this whether that is a trade, or whether that is a front office move, whatever they need to change the attitude, and play hard and physical. they play physical sometimes, but not consistantly, and a real leader other than bergeron needs to come up in this locker room to be physical and win a cup. chara is a great leader by example, but not a great leader on the ice or vocally. look at the acomplished teams in the league they all have at least one person who has these traits, if not more.-->
phili: pronger; richards
Pittsburg: Crosby; orpik; letang; cooke( i hate to say it but its true); even Rupp
Montreal: Brian gionta; Spacek
Detroit: Lidstrom; Rafalski; datsuyk; etc
Rangers: dubinsky;stall
Chicago: Cambell; Keith; toews

the boston bruins: good luck naming anymore than Lucic and Thomas...

my point is the bruins not only need a puck moving defensmen on the ice... but a physical good player, and a leader on and off the ice

there are some out there, and even if that can't happen from outside, i think a major move like changing the captain or something of the bruins can help this team. it is possible a leader can come from what this team has, but not without some shakeup... the bruins are way to comfortable

bostonbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 07:46 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

ugh...

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 07:48 PM
LucicTrain*

start with the coach and captain

LucicTrain* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 07:51 PM
Gonzothe7thDman

lolwat

Gonzothe7thDman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 07:54 PM
bostonbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusRecchi View Post
start with the coach and captain
at a basic level thats my point, i just think a big move for a puck moving defensman, or something like bieksa or andy greene or Francois Beauchemin whatever... they can still do it from the inside they just need to shake things up.

i love chara but he is not captain material... they need a mark streit or marc stalll or a craig rivet or a leadership guy like that; even though they can still build from the inside

a change has to be made if they want to go deep in the playoffs, but this wont be shown as a huge problem in the regular season... they are weak, and they need a leader to make them mentally stronger

i am a huge claude julian fan, it is not his fault, it is about the bruins not being vocal enough--> i think to shake things up they should name THomas, Bergeron, or lucic captain

SOMEBODY ON THIS TEAM NEEDS TO STEP UP AND THEY NEED NOT TO BE CONTENT, THEY NEED TO WANT IT MORE, AND THEY NEED A LEADER

bostonbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 08:05 PM
StanJonathan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonbs View Post
the bruins are a good team, potentially a great team, but right now not so much. the bruins game against the Philadelphia flyers was a great example(and the matt cooke savard hit) of them not having resiliance for team-mates, and relying on the league to fix their problems, the flyers won that series because they took out Krejci(lets be honest he was a target) and with him out the bruins were an enigma on offense, a legal hit, but one that changed the playoffs last year. the bruins need to play with grit, and a sense of being uncomfortable, and the cannot be content, the cannot be satisfied if they want to win a championship. they need a big splash to do this whether that is a trade, or whether that is a front office move, whatever they need to change the attitude, and play hard and physical. they play physical sometimes, but not consistantly, and a real leader other than bergeron needs to come up in this locker room to be physical and win a cup. chara is a great leader by example, but not a great leader on the ice or vocally. look at the acomplished teams in the league they all have at least one person who has these traits, if not more.-->
phili: pronger; richards
Pittsburg: Crosby; orpik; letang; cooke( i hate to say it but its true); even Rupp
Montreal: Brian gionta; Spacek
Detroit: Lidstrom; Rafalski; datsuyk; etc
Rangers: dubinsky;stall
Chicago: Cambell; Keith; toews

the boston bruins: good luck naming anymore than Lucic and Thomas...

my point is the bruins not only need a puck moving defensmen on the ice... but a physical good player, and a leader on and off the ice

there are some out there, and even if that can't happen from outside, i think a major move like changing the captain or something of the bruins can help this team. it is possible a leader can come from what this team has, but not without some shakeup... the bruins are way to comfortable
Where have you been according to this http://bruins.nhl.com/club/page.htm?bcid=tea_coach836a Chiarelli has being doing this for day one.
Quote:
Chiarelliís vision for the Bruins has from the start involved a team blending youth with experience, speed with physical play and character on and off of the ice. His template in building the Bruins is based on moves that help the club not just for the present but for long term success toward his goal of a Stanley Cup championship in Boston

StanJonathan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 08:11 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudFan98 View Post
ugh...
this.

Central Scrutinizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 08:20 PM
LucicTrain*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonbs View Post
at a basic level thats my point, i just think a big move for a puck moving defensman, or something like bieksa or andy greene or Francois Beauchemin whatever... they can still do it from the inside they just need to shake things up.

i love chara but he is not captain material... they need a mark streit or marc stalll or a craig rivet or a leadership guy like that; even though they can still build from the inside

a change has to be made if they want to go deep in the playoffs, but this wont be shown as a huge problem in the regular season... they are weak, and they need a leader to make them mentally stronger

i am a huge claude julian fan, it is not his fault, it is about the bruins not being vocal enough--> i think to shake things up they should name THomas, Bergeron, or lucic captain

SOMEBODY ON THIS TEAM NEEDS TO STEP UP AND THEY NEED NOT TO BE CONTENT, THEY NEED TO WANT IT MORE, AND THEY NEED A LEADER
i hate how he was just given the "C" and never had to earn it like past Bruins captains

Old
12-14-2010, 08:49 PM
reidy
@reidjjackson

Send a message via AIM to reidy
Hey bostonbs, what color underwear does Wheeler wear? I figure you'd know seeing as you're in the locker room and all and can say that Chara isn't "leadership material."

reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 08:50 PM
reidy
@reidjjackson

Send a message via AIM to reidy
Also for the mis-informed,

Chara wore an 'A' for the Islanders before he was traded, then wore an 'A' for 4 years in Ottawa before becoming a free agent.

3 different teams have thought highly enough of him to award him with a letter that confirms his role as a leader both on and off the ice.

Proof is in the puddin'.

reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 08:58 PM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Bruins are fine.

All that matters is that they have a winning record. All this analyzing and "OH MY GOD SKY FALLING, FIRE EVERYONE" talk is extremely annoying. Sorry. It's not even about having an opinion and debating it anymore because these same threads keep popping up over and over again and frankly I'm sick of it.

SerenityRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 09:03 PM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzothe7thDman View Post
lolwat
Everytime you post in a thread i have to read it because i know there will be a good comment or something that makes me LOL

Thanks dude. your one of the best to get their points made with little said

Dom - OHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 09:15 PM
LucicTrain*

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidy View Post
Also for the mis-informed,

Chara wore an 'A' for the Islanders before he was traded, then wore an 'A' for 4 years in Ottawa before becoming a free agent.

3 different teams have thought highly enough of him to award him with a letter that confirms his role as a leader both on and off the ice.

Proof is in the puddin'.
damn straight it is...

Alberts
Bergeron
Savard
McQuaid

all on Chara's watch. some leader he is...

dude doesnt even bat and eye when this stuff happens, guys a soft as baby doo doo.

Old
12-14-2010, 09:18 PM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

vCash: 50
Everyone needs to stop with all the references to banned posters. Its cluttering the boards and its against the rules.

A true fan who will always be remembered.
doubleminor138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 09:21 PM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleminor138 View Post
Everyone needs to stop with all the references to banned posters. Its cluttering the boards and its against the rules.
Is it against the rules for said banned poster to make an obvious alt and continue posting?

SerenityRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 09:22 PM
Fredi28

The only way Chara can prove his is a good leader and captain material is if he takes his skate off and tries to stab Kaleta in the game tomorrow night..........

This thread is awful.

Fredi28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 09:25 PM
mikelvl

vCash: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusRecchi View Post
damn straight it is...

Alberts
Bergeron
Savard
McQuaid

all on Chara's watch. some leader he is...

dude doesnt even bat and eye when this stuff happens, guys a soft as baby doo doo.
Somebody is soft all right, you are, as in the area between your ears.

mikelvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 09:26 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredi28 View Post
The only way Chara can prove his is a good leader and captain material is if he takes his skate off and tries to stab Kaleta in the game tomorrow night..........

This thread is awful.
Word.

I'd love to see people complaining about Chara's so-called lack of "grit" say it to his face... er, chest... er stomach.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 09:26 PM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
Is it against the rules for said banned poster to make an obvious alt and continue posting?
Yes. Report it. No mess all over the forum!

doubleminor138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 09:37 PM
Fredi28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Word.

I'd love to see people complaining about Chara's so-called lack of "grit" say it to his face... er, chest... er stomach.
Yea, anyone who doesn't see that Chara is a warrior and that the B's would literally be lost without him is a lost cause. Not to mention, like someone said, the B's are in the midst of a pretty good stretch here with 10 out of a possible 12 points in their last 6 games. Seems like an unnecessarily negative thread to start at this point.

Fredi28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 09:42 PM
njbruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
Bruins are fine.

All that matters is that they have a winning record. All this analyzing and "OH MY GOD SKY FALLING, FIRE EVERYONE" talk is extremely annoying. Sorry. It's not even about having an opinion and debating it anymore because these same threads keep popping up over and over again and frankly I'm sick of it.
Seriously, if this is all you care about, then why do you even bother posting on these forums. Just bring up the NHL.com standings and look - ok good Bruins have a winning record all is well. Its obvious this team has some serious flaws , its very much up for debate what is behind them .

njbruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 09:57 PM
ap3lovr

We have no leadership issue. Everyone plays within the system. That is the definition of good leadership. I know most of us grew up either watching the big bad bruins, or seeing Cam in his hay day. Those days are over, the 2 points are more important to this team then losing our captain and best player for 5 minutes.

We will see if this team can compete over the course of the whole season. We had the same complaints about last years team and they damn near made it into the conference finals (if not for a Krejci injury, I honestly think we could have hoisted lord stanley).

Night in night out we won't see consistency until the last 15-20 games of the season. The fact that I'm starting to see some real chemistry out there now is a really good sight. I hope they continue to gel and get better as a team. It's and 82 game struggled to even get to go to war. With some real playoff warriors on this team, I hope we see Lord Stanley lifted to a new height, above Chara's head.

ap3lovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 10:01 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbruin View Post
Seriously, if this is all you care about, then why do you even bother posting on these forums. Just bring up the NHL.com standings and look - ok good Bruins have a winning record all is well. Its obvious this team has some serious flaws , its very much up for debate what is behind them .
Every team in the NHL has flaws. Sure you can discuss and debate them, but to constantly moan and whine about how horrible the Bruins are, when they're one of the best teams in the league (whether you judge by the standings, or by various publications' power rankings) makes fans sound like spoiled brats. I'm sure fans of the Flames or the Islanders or the Devils would love to have the Bruins' "serious flaws."

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 10:48 PM
phatmike

it's like the OP is playing madlibs here.

from his random list of "accomplished" teams right down to naming players like streit and a relative youngin' like stall as stalwarts of leadership. rivet? really? he is lucky to stay dressed on his cellar-dwellin' sabres.

phatmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 11:03 PM
Big Money Wides

Send a message via AIM to Big Money Wides
LMFAO Jaroslav Spacek?

Craig Rivet is your ideal leader? So your ideal leader is a healthy scratch for a borderline-playoff team?

What, should the ideal captain lead the charge from the presa box?

Big Money Wides is offline   Reply With Quote