Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruins Attitude of the Game; Leadership

Old
12-14-2010, 11:22 PM
Serpico4ever

vCash: 500
I like Chara as captain, he's doing fine. He has a big contract, but Ryan Malone would be a perfect candidate to be a vocal leader. Shane Hnidy and Aron Ward didn't wear the C but they had an impact in the locker room. I do think the team needs a more vocal guy; I always thought that was what Looch was gonna turn into, but he's young so maybe not just yet.

Serpico4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 02:50 AM
Gonzothe7thDman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonbs View Post
phili: pronger; richards
Watch Richards at the 18 second mark.

Gonzothe7thDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 02:54 AM
Gonzothe7thDman

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Everytime you post in a thread i have to read it because i know there will be a good comment or something that makes me LOL

Thanks dude. your one of the best to get their points made with little said
I only aspire to have such informative posts such as yours Dom, but as it is, I make up for my lack of intelligence with silly potty jokes.

Gonzothe7thDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 06:00 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzothe7thDman View Post

Typical Flyer, let other`s do the dirty work for ya, haha

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 06:14 AM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
at a basic level thats my point, i just think a big move for a puck moving defensman, or something like bieksa or andy greene or Francois Beauchemin whatever... they can still do it from the inside they just need to shake things up.

i love chara but he is not captain material... they need a mark streit or marc stalll or a craig rivet or a leadership guy like that; even though they can still build from the inside
a change has to be made if they want to go deep in the playoffs, but this wont be shown as a huge problem in the regular season... they are weak, and they need a leader to make them mentally stronger

i am a huge claude julian fan, it is not his fault, it is about the bruins not being vocal enough--> i think to shake things up they should name THomas, Bergeron, or lucic captain

SOMEBODY ON THIS TEAM NEEDS TO STEP UP AND THEY NEED NOT TO BE CONTENT, THEY NEED TO WANT IT MORE, AND THEY NEED A LEADER
Are you on the bench, in the locker room, or on the ice with Chara, Streit, Rivet, or whoever Stalll is? no? really? Why am I not surprised. I don't know how you can possibly say that any of those guys is a "leadership guy", any more than you can say that Chara isn't. I know it's just your opinion, but I think you're tyalking out your sphincter here.

And honestly, if this team needs a guy to yell and scream (someone who would be "vocal enough") in order for them to be mentally stronger, then they've got bigger problems, as a team, than who's wearing the C.

Ference the Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 06:23 AM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by njbruin View Post
Seriously, if this is all you care about, then why do you even bother posting on these forums. Just bring up the NHL.com standings and look - ok good Bruins have a winning record all is well. Its obvious this team has some serious flaws , its very much up for debate what is behind them .
if we have serious flaws then what does that make Calgary? New Jersey? Toronto? Even Washington with their latest skid?

My point is that fans are blowing things way and completely out of proportion. Hell, we've even got people complaining when we win because "we didn't win by enough" or some other BS

Sorry, as Artemis said, it reeks of being spoiled brats in my opinion.

SerenityRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 06:24 AM
Number8

Quote:
the flyers won that series because they took out Krejci(lets be honest he was a target) and with him out the bruins were an enigma on offense, a legal hit, but one that changed the playoffs last year.
chara is a great leader by example, but not a great leader on the ice or vocally. look at the acomplished teams in the league they all have at least one person who has these traits, if not more.-->
phili: pronger; richards
Pittsburg: Crosby; orpik; letang; cooke( i hate to say it but its true); even Rupp
Montreal: Brian gionta; Spacek
Detroit: Lidstrom; Rafalski; datsuyk; etc
Rangers: dubinsky;stall
Chicago: Cambell; Keith; toews

the boston bruins: good luck naming anymore than Lucic and Thomas...
I think you are 100% wrong on the "targeting" Krejci -- I say nothing in that series to suggest anything of the kind. Having a tough leader type would have ZERO to do with that hit taking place. Richards caught Krejci in center ice while they were going opposite directions. End of story.

Brian Gionta, Spacic, Campbell????????? Leaders??????? No thanks.

Number8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 07:38 AM
beaverjc

Leadership

I am fortunate enough to attend a ton of game and sit up close so I think I get a good read on the leadership on ice and to be honest I dont see it and havent for a few years. The team seems to have a great bunch of guys but their personalities are very laid back and quiet (Bergeron, Chara, etc.)...the strong silent types that dont seem to enjoy that vocal leadership role. They prefer to lead by example but I question their ability to confront others when the other players arent producing or showing enough effort. This team plays flat a lot - something I blame on the personalities of the players.

beaverjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 07:58 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverjc View Post
I am fortunate enough to attend a ton of game and sit up close so I think I get a good read on the leadership on ice and to be honest I dont see it and havent for a few years. The team seems to have a great bunch of guys but their personalities are very laid back and quiet (Bergeron, Chara, etc.)...the strong silent types that dont seem to enjoy that vocal leadership role. They prefer to lead by example but I question their ability to confront others when the other players arent producing or showing enough effort. This team plays flat a lot - something I blame on the personalities of the players.
This is my only criticism of Chara as captain- he does not seem to get in people's faces when they need it. Leading by example is very good but there are times when a leader has to be vocal and confrontational. I don't believe Chara has the personality for that.

Other than that Chara is simply outstanding- I agree with the poster who said the Bruins would be lost without him.

BMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 07:59 AM
drd73

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverjc View Post
maybee you're right about chara and bergy being silent leaders but you've got vocal leaders like recchi,lucic,savvy,and thornton that are the vocal leaders on this club,as long as chara and bergy are leading by example on the ice imho that's all that matters

drd73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 09:10 AM
Fredi28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzothe7thDman View Post

Thank you for posting this Gonzo...this should pretty much end this thread. Yea, Richards is the ideal captain alright.

Fredi28 is offline   Reply With Quote