HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HNIC - Rangers interested in adding Richards at the deadline

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-04-2010, 07:58 PM
  #1
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,065
vCash: 500
HNIC - Rangers interested in adding Richards at the deadline

Per the Hotstove, Rangers are interested in adding him at the deadline and not July 1st as they're afraid someone will trade for him. They also said they're willing to give up assets.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 08:00 PM
  #2
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,002
vCash: 500
Why give Dallas anything for him when you can get him on July 1st? I just don't get it. I guess Sather believes we can be contenders this year with him.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 08:01 PM
  #3
pavelich
Registered User
 
pavelich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 573
vCash: 500
I'm watching on a crappy stream and it sounded like LeBrun said "They'll even give up......somebody." I couldn't hear it. Who did he mention?

pavelich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 08:01 PM
  #4
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,925
vCash: 500
I would be interested to see how Slats thinks they can add him without trading Rozsival, but I do believe that Tortorella is lobbying very hard to get Richards on the team.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 08:01 PM
  #5
FOXHOUND*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodside, Queens
Country: United States
Posts: 3,507
vCash: 500
Suprise suprise?

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 08:01 PM
  #6
nyr2417
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,905
vCash: 500
honestly wouldn't shock me to see anisimov frolov grachev gilroy(cap purposes) going the other way, if sather really felt as if richards would sign here

nyr2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 08:02 PM
  #7
FOXHOUND*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodside, Queens
Country: United States
Posts: 3,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan4390 View Post
honestly wouldn't shock me to see anisimov frolov grachev gilroy(cap purposes) going the other way, if sather really felt as if richards would sign here
God it would just gut me to see the 4-2 kid go

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 08:04 PM
  #8
nyr2417
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
God it would just gut me to see the 4-2 kid go
I'm right with you, but if we want richards this is the kind of deal it's going to take. I'm totally opposed to trading for richards, i'm in the majority that says just wait until july 1st

nyr2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 08:04 PM
  #9
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 56,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
God it would just gut me to see the 4-2 kid go
I would really question my fanship if Anisimov was traded. We can't be trading young up-and-comers for rentals.

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 08:07 PM
  #10
nyr2417
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,905
vCash: 500
this is what i'd like to see next year...

ideal 2011-2012 roster....

Avery-Richards-Gaborik
Dubi-Ani-Cally
kreider/grachev-stepan-boyle
prust-konopka(good on pk and great on faceoffs)-boogaard

buyout drury
trade rosi to team in need of financial help

Staal-Girardi
MDZ-Sauer
McDonaugh-Rozsival

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Sean Avery ($1.937m) / Brad Richards ($7.500m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Brandon Dubinsky ($3.850m) / Artem Anisimov ($1.700m) / Ryan Callahan ($3.400m)
Chris Kreider ($0.850m) / Derek Stepan ($0.875m) / Brian Boyle ($1.725m)
Derek Boogaard ($1.625m) / Zenon Konopka ($0.750m) / Brandon Prust ($0.800m)

DEFENSEMEN
Daniel Girardi ($3.325m) / Marc Staal ($3.975m)
Michael Del Zotto ($1.087m) / Mike Sauer ($1.000m)
Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) / Michal Rozsival ($5.000m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m) /Martin Biron ($0.875m)

Buy out Drury:
2011-2012 cap hit 3.777 mill
2012-2013 cap hit: 1.6666 mill

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $61,500,000; CAP PAYROLL: $55,950,000; BONUSES: $637,500
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $2,387,500

nyr2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 08:09 PM
  #11
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,432
vCash: 500
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
Why give Dallas anything for him when you can get him on July 1st? I just don't get it. I guess Sather believes we can be contenders this year with him.
because that is a flawed strategy.

What guarantee do we have that WE will be the team to add him in the off-season when the Redden contract comes back on the books.

Get him now, lock him up on 01/01/11

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 08:09 PM
  #12
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavelich View Post
I'm watching on a crappy stream and it sounded like LeBrun said "They'll even give up......somebody." I couldn't hear it. Who did he mention?
He said "they are willing to give up assets." and no one in particular. My first thought was Anisimov.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 08:09 PM
  #13
beastly115
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,424
vCash: 500
Slats is usually really good with trades. I'm going to keep the faith before I get my panties in a bunch over this. Aside from the Toots trade, I can't think of any he's lost in the past 3-4 years.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 08:10 PM
  #14
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
I would really question my fanship if Anisimov was traded. We can't be trading young up-and-comers for rentals.
I'm willing to bet that the Rangers don't consider him a rental.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 08:12 PM
  #15
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,432
vCash: 500
I said in the Anisimov thread, he's not a long-term part of this team.

He's part of the package we construct for Richards.

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 08:12 PM
  #16
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,720
vCash: 500
Why would Dallas trade him away at the deadline? The Stars are 2nd in the conference. If they are still top 4 in their conference then they would be crazy to trade him.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 08:13 PM
  #17
E Nixson
Powered by Intel
 
E Nixson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan4390 View Post
this is what i'd like to see next year...

ideal 2011-2012 roster....

Avery-Richards-Gaborik
Dubi-Ani-Cally
kreider/grachev-stepan-boyle
prust-konopka(good on pk and great on faceoffs)-boogaard

buyout drury
trade rosi to team in need of financial help

Staal-Girardi
MDZ-Sauer
McDonaugh-Rozsival

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Sean Avery ($1.937m) / Brad Richards ($7.500m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Brandon Dubinsky ($3.850m) / Artem Anisimov ($1.700m) / Ryan Callahan ($3.400m)
Chris Kreider ($0.850m) / Derek Stepan ($0.875m) / Brian Boyle ($1.725m)
Derek Boogaard ($1.625m) / Zenon Konopka ($0.750m) / Brandon Prust ($0.800m)

DEFENSEMEN
Daniel Girardi ($3.325m) / Marc Staal ($3.975m)
Michael Del Zotto ($1.087m) / Mike Sauer ($1.000m)
Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) / Michal Rozsival ($5.000m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m) /Martin Biron ($0.875m)

Buy out Drury:
2011-2012 cap hit 3.777 mill
2012-2013 cap hit: 1.6666 mill

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $61,500,000; CAP PAYROLL: $55,950,000; BONUSES: $637,500
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $2,387,500
Replace Konopka with Hagelin and you got yourself a deal

E Nixson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 08:13 PM
  #18
nyr2417
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
Why would Dallas trade him away at the deadline? The Stars are 2nd in the conference. If they are still top 4 in their conference then they would be crazy to trade him.
exactly, didn't realize this either but for all the troubles we've heard surrounding the stars, forbes has them as top 10 in franchise worth

nyr2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 08:14 PM
  #19
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
Why would Dallas trade him away at the deadline? The Stars are 2nd in the conference. If they are still top 4 in their conference then they would be crazy to trade him.
This is what I'm thinking too...Unless they know 10000000% they wouldn't be able to keep him come July and would lose him without gaining any assets...

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 08:15 PM
  #20
BroadwayBlueshirts15
 
BroadwayBlueshirts15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
Would Rosy be considered an asset?

Grachev has not been impressing anyone in Hartford and Gilroy is a healthy scratch most of the time.

As long as we do not give up young guys like dubi, cally, arty, and boyle this could be a good deal.

BroadwayBlueshirts15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 08:18 PM
  #21
pavelich
Registered User
 
pavelich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
He said "they are willing to give up assets." and no one in particular. My first thought was Anisimov.
thanks.
let them take any three assets not named gaborik, lundqvist, staal, dubinsky, del zotto, prust or callahan.

pavelich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 08:24 PM
  #22
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavelich View Post
thanks.
let them take any three assets not named gaborik, lundqvist, staal, dubinsky, del zotto, stepan or callahan.
Fixed that for you...Prust is a nice player, but he's much more expendable than Stepan. I also don't give up Kreider.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 08:29 PM
  #23
ChipAyten
NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Country: England
Posts: 3,831
vCash: 500
We're in a solid spot in the east and we're getting back healthy starters.

Why change a good thing?

ChipAyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 08:30 PM
  #24
pavelich
Registered User
 
pavelich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Fixed that for you...Prust is a nice player, but he's much more expendable than Stepan. I also don't give up Kreider.
thanks. forgot about kreider.

pavelich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 08:31 PM
  #25
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!
 
White Plains Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,646
vCash: 500
First off, yes Dallas is playing very well and if they keep it up, that puts them in a tight spot.

Honestly, Torts is big on keeping the core of this team together so I can only see Frolov going the other way as a roster player.

Something realistic would be a sniper, top D prospect, first round pick, and a roster player similar to Kovalchuk deal.

I could see something like Frolov, Grachev, McD, and a 1st for him because after all, he is a rental, however I do NOT do this.

I think McLirath is the big D prospect for now and between Kundratek, V-Tank, Pashnian, and McD, not all will play for the Rangers. McD seems like the one closest at this point and I can see the Stars coveting him.

I believe Dubi/Cally/Arty/Staal/Del Z/Girardi are all safe and also, Slats has to be a little defensive here. What if Prospal can't really go anymore, and White is not back next year and Richards isn't a guarantee to come to NY.

This of course, is just all speculation.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.