HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I've seen enough. Spacek needs to sit

Old
12-16-2010, 12:36 AM
Evil Ted

vCash: 500
The way PK scrambled around and just plain bailed out at times tonight spacek wont have to worry much I dont think.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 01:15 AM
Nedved

first thing that came to my mind. It's Enough!

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 01:25 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post

first thing that came to my mind. It's Enough!
I swear that has to be someone that posts here on HF.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 02:22 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
If we had someone who could play top 4 minutes and replace him then sure. Picard has looked like **** lately, Subban's struggling, Gill, Gorges and Hamrlik all look better playing less so its stupid to just bash Spacek after every game when its not his fault that he's stuck logging so many minutes at his old age... the team needs a top 4 defenseman ASAP.
couldnt have said it better.

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 03:47 AM
Dekar

Spacek seems to be hesitating a lot this season. He also has a problem recognising when to give up the blue line in the offensive zone, which has caused a lot of 2-on-1's. I want to see him do better, he does show flashes of veteranship here and there, but for as much as I find myself one of the more patient folks around here without players and coaches, the inconsistency in his play does grate at my nerves sometimes.

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 10:14 AM
neofury*

Okay, I consider myself a diehard fan. I'm on HF all the time, I'm always looking at hockey stats, reading habs articles/blogs. Listening to radio shows and watching interviews. But come on that guy needs to take a chill pill. Seriously don't have a heart attack or give yourself an ulser over a damn sports game. I love the habs as much as the next person but come on.

Even I'm willing to admit a big part of my life is following this team but jesus christ is that guy ever a loser.

1) Lame enough to call into one of those radio shows? Check
2) Make a fool of yourself in the process? Check
3) Wind up being that idiot on youtube who had a panic attack over the habs losing a playoff series? Priceless.

I know I didn't do the whole priceless bit properly but it really is priceless haha.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 10:22 AM
CanadienErrant*

While Spacek and Subban are struggling on the right side of the Habs defence, there is a big guy in Colorado playing more than 20 minutes a game and with a +11 in his last 17 games..... Ryan O'Byrne !

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 10:32 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Same EMO ****in garbage here night after night !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 11:04 AM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
Same EMO ****in garbage here night after night !

How is it Emo when we're 30+ games in and this guy still stinks?

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 11:05 AM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
While Spacek and Subban are struggling on the right side of the Habs defence, there is a big guy in Colorado playing more than 20 minutes a game and with a +11 in his last 17 games..... Ryan O'Byrne !

Are you really surprised though?

Old
12-16-2010, 11:35 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
How is it Emo when we're 30+ games in and this guy still stinks?
That's your opinion. One I disagree with.

Also, you made reactionary posts after every lost. Last time it was toughness, now this.

Our whole team played poor defensively and Price was quite mediocre yesterday. PK and Picard on the first goal, Hamrlik and Spacek on different ones, and then Price on two gifts.
Bobrovsky kept them in the game, Price couldn't.

Spacek has been decent this year. He's had his struggles earlier, then settled in and now he had a bad game..boohoo. It happens, get over it.

Like I said before, our team would change after every lost if you were coach, which is retarded.

You need to stop being so damn emotional.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 12:27 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
That's your opinion. One I disagree with.

Also, you made reactionary posts after every lost. Last time it was toughness, now this.

Our whole team played poor defensively and Price was quite mediocre yesterday. PK and Picard on the first goal, Hamrlik and Spacek on different ones, and then Price on two gifts.
Bobrovsky kept them in the game, Price couldn't.

Spacek has been decent this year. He's had his struggles earlier, then settled in and now he had a bad game..boohoo. It happens, get over it.

Like I said before, our team would change after every lost if you were coach, which is retarded.

You need to stop being so damn emotional.
I'm going to ask you a simple question...one you seem to avoid answering. When is it a good time to criticize a player?

After 30 games?
After 1 game?
After a win?
After a loss?
In the offseason?

It seems as though...to some people here, there's never a good time to criticize a player....unless of course, his name is Gomez, Subban, MAB, Moen, etc. There's deff a double standard here. Some players are allowed to be criticized, whereas others are shouldn't be.

If the Habs win tonight and Spacek's his usual crappy self. What will you say when I up this thread? " We won...stop being a debbie downer"

Old
12-16-2010, 12:49 PM
Turboflex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
I didn't see the game tonight but I see we're back to slamming Spacek. IDK. The guy's playing on the wrong side and probably playing injured. I'm not making excuses it's just the way it is. The Czechs are doing okay. They are playing against top lines and have more points than any other D pair and by far a better + / - than any other pair. Again while playing against top lines.

I'd like to see them split up but I don't know how to do that either. I liked the idea of Hamrlik and Subban together but then where does the offence come from in the other pairings? Gorges and Gill haven't impressed a whole lot either IMHO. I'd be tempted to split them up. Weber and Subban are both righties but I'd like to see them both in the lineup - but how?

Hamrlik - Subban
Gorges - Weber
Spacek - Gill

Hamrlik - Spacek
Gorges - Subban
Gill - Weber

Hamrlik - Gorges
Spacek - Subban
Gill - Weber

Hamrlik - Gorges
Gill - Subban
Picard - Weber

I there are more options. LOL The Habs need another top 4 d-man. This is why I wouldn't re-sign Markov. He goes down like this and you're in a real jam. It's true you miss Markov but the truth is just having another top 4 d-man hurts badly when the team is loaded with # 5 - 6. Hamrlik can't do everything. Even with Markov and Hamrlik in the lineup I feel like the Habs have lacked another legitimate top four d-man the last three years.

I still don't understand why the Habs signed the lefties (Gill and Spacek) when Hamrlik, Markov and Gorges were already lefties. That plus Markov's injuries have made things very difficult.
only decent post in this thread

What do you people expect?? Spacek is a #4 D veteren man being asked to play a #2.

The D was built around Markov and it's a huge hole with him gone. All things considered the Habs have adapted amazingly well, but it's hardly an optimal situation.

The people here making Spacek the scapegoat and pretending they can parachute a rookie like Weber into the lineup to pick up the #1-#2 hole that Markov created are RETARDED.

The Habs have scraped by for now but clearly need a top 2 D man who can play big minutes. This will relieve a lot of pressure off the rest of the D men, most of whom are playing way more minutes than they would be if Markov were here.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 12:50 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Don't care if he's a vet. Too many mental errors and completely useless in the offensive zone.
Blah, blah, blah. JM is stuck with him. Ok, he stinks. So which piece of crap would JM use to replace him? Do you see any half-way decent D men on the Habs besides Hamrlik and Gorges? Gill has had it, Picard is nothing at all, and Subban is playing like a leaky pipe. Oh, sure, there's Weber. Really? Spacek is too old and too expensive to be waived or bought out. Shipping him to Hamilton would achieve nothing useful.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 12:56 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
I'm going to ask you a simple question...one you seem to avoid answering. When is it a good time to criticize a player?

After 30 games?
After 1 game?
After a win?
After a loss?
In the offseason?

It seems as though...to some people here, there's never a good time to criticize a player....unless of course, his name is Gomez, Subban, MAB, Moen, etc. There's deff a double standard here. Some players are allowed to be criticized, whereas others are shouldn't be.

If the Habs win tonight and Spacek's his usual crappy self. What will you say when I up this thread? " We won...stop being a debbie downer"
First of all, I never recall you asking me that question, so I don't see why you think I've been avoiding it. I've never avoided any type of conversation around these boards.

Second, There are ways to go about criticizing players.
Coming out after losses to whine about how much we need Tougher players. Or how ''You've had enough, Spacek needs to sit'' and felt the need to create a thread about it 15min after a loss, doesn't really strike me as constructive criticism. It sounds a lot more like some reactionary whining to me than criticism.

I've done my share of criticism. From Ribeiro, Ryder, Souray passing through Gainey and Carbo to Gill and Gorges up until last game vs Detroit.
I don't create threads after games to whine about it nor do I don't aim out one player when the whole team played like crap defensively including the goalie.

We're lacking some mobility in our back end. A guy like Weber can bring that. He also brings better stability as he's a righty. I would sit Picard out and re-arrange the pairs.
Harm-Subban
Spacek-Weber
Gill-Gorges

Last edited by Kriss E: 12-16-2010 at 01:01 PM.
Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 01:03 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

People love to crap on Spacek but a lot of nights since Markov has gone down he's played well, gotten huge minutes with Hamrlik against top lines and not been noticed(a good thing). Last night Picard Subban Gill all played worse than him, so why signal him out for benching and crapping on.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 01:12 PM
GordonGraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ted View Post
The way PK scrambled around and just plain bailed out at times tonight spacek wont have to worry much I dont think.
Right on

GordonGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 01:23 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Okay, I consider myself a diehard fan. I'm on HF all the time, I'm always looking at hockey stats, reading habs articles/blogs. Listening to radio shows and watching interviews. But come on that guy needs to take a chill pill. Seriously don't have a heart attack or give yourself an ulser over a damn sports game. I love the habs as much as the next person but come on.

Even I'm willing to admit a big part of my life is following this team but jesus christ is that guy ever a loser.

1) Lame enough to call into one of those radio shows? Check
2) Make a fool of yourself in the process? Check
3) Wind up being that idiot on youtube who had a panic attack over the habs losing a playoff series? Priceless.

I know I didn't do the whole priceless bit properly but it really is priceless haha.
What makes you think anyone's lettin Spacek's play affect their lives?

I forgot I even made this thread.

Old
12-16-2010, 02:03 PM
neofury*

Quote:
What makes you think anyone's lettin Spacek's play affect their lives?

I forgot I even made this thread.
Was referring to the retard in the video above. I thought that was pretty damn clear but next time I'll quote.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 02:09 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Is that a testament of Ryan O'Byrne's defensive skill or of the fact that he's paired with Liles and playing in a high powered offensive team?

Don't get me wrong. I don't hate O'Byrne but the +/- doesn't tell even half the story.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 02:12 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:

After 30 games?
After 1 game?
After a win?
After a loss?
In the offseason?

Very true on these boards, ANY criticism and you are labled a "whiner" or a "chicken little". If it was up to most sheep around here we would watch every game with a look of utter joy reguardless of what was happening and afterwards we would all furiously jerk off while we complained about people complaining about the habs play.

If people don't want to hear it stay the **** off of forums.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 02:52 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Was referring to the retard in the video above. I thought that was pretty damn clear but next time I'll quote.
Sorry bruh, I'm just used to everyone dumping on me.

Old
12-16-2010, 02:54 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Very true on these boards, ANY criticism and you are labled a "whiner" or a "chicken little". If it was up to most sheep around here we would watch every game with a look of utter joy reguardless of what was happening and afterwards we would all furiously jerk off while we complained about people complaining about the habs play.

If people don't want to hear it stay the **** off of forums.
Pretty much...

And KrissE has disappeared. What a shock.

Old
12-16-2010, 03:30 PM
Toro

where do i start.. forget it........

Some people are thread opening happy, maybe we should put a limit on how many you can open in a said time or something. just a thought...anything to read less of Jaybee

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 03:35 PM
Belso

Is PK playing tonight? He made more costly mistakes than the game before he was benched...

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote