HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

How Many 20 Goal Scorers Will We Have?

View Poll Results: How many Rangers will score 20 goals?
1 0 0%
2 1 1.75%
3 12 21.05%
4 28 49.12%
5 11 19.30%
More than 5 5 8.77%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-16-2010, 10:59 AM
  #1
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 10,501
vCash: 500
How Many 20 Goal Scorers Will We Have?

You know, every year recently, we've begun the season saying "We could have X 20 goal scorers!"

Is this the year we FINALLY have a bunch of them?

Here's what these players would be on pace for over 82 games:

Dubinsky- 34
Boyle- 30
Callahan- 26
Gaborik- 37
Anisimov- 22
Stepan- 17
Frolov- 15
Staal- 15
Christensen- 15

Now I know that with injuries and stuff, some players won't get to 82 games. My question is simple, though:

How many New York Rangers will score 20 goals this season?

__________________

RANGERS =
we want cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 11:02 AM
  #2
Fitzy
Relative to what?
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,164
vCash: 50
Gaborik has to be a lock barring another injury.

I think 3. Possibly 2, but could be as many as 4 or 5 depending on Anisimov and Boyle.

Looks s though Callahan might just miss again this year due to injury. Drury and Prospal have just over a half a season to get there so I doubt they do it.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 11:14 AM
  #3
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 12,592
vCash: 500
Gaborik, Dubi, Boyle, AA and Cally will all reach 20 this year.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 11:16 AM
  #4
Ail
Occult Knowledge
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,558
vCash: 500
Going with an optimistic 5. I think that is a fair assumption.

__________________
Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 11:17 AM
  #5
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 15,201
vCash: 500
With Cally out for the next 6 weeks, his 20 goal dreams are out the window.

I think that Gaborik, Dubinsky and Anisiov will get 20.

I am not convinced that Boyle can keep up this pace.

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 11:19 AM
  #6
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,328
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Gabby, Boyle and Dubinsky IMO are locks to get to 20. I went with 4 because my guess is one of the others reaches 20...I would guess Callahan, Anisimov or Stepan

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 11:19 AM
  #7
Patriks7
Registered User
 
Patriks7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 600
vCash: 500
You can already remove Gaborik for over 82 games, since he's already missed quite a few. I'm sure he'll still get around 25-30, but 37 is pushing it unless he dramatically improves his play. Also I doubt Boyle can keep that up the whole season. If he does, great for him. I think I'd put Dubinsky and Gaborik as a lock for 20 goals. Before the injury, I would've said Callahan as well.

So for me I'd say there are two locks for 20 goals (maybe even 30) and three question marks (Cally, Boyle, Anisimov).

Patriks7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 11:22 AM
  #8
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow
 
Net Front Presence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 5,660
vCash: 50
I think we will get 6.

Arty
Gabby
Dubi
Cally
God
Frolov

Net Front Presence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 11:32 AM
  #9
KingWantsCup
United we stand
 
KingWantsCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4,573
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by x GBISH x View Post
I think we will get 6.

Arty
Gabby
Dubi
Cally
God
Frolov
His pace is incredible. If Boyle pots 20, that would really be ridiculously awesome.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 11:34 AM
  #10
Fitzy
Relative to what?
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,164
vCash: 50
So we have God and Christ on our team. And Henrik.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 11:36 AM
  #11
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow
 
Net Front Presence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 5,660
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
So we have God and Christ on our team. And Henrik.
The Holy Trinity

Net Front Presence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 11:46 AM
  #12
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriks7 View Post
You can already remove Gaborik for over 82 games, since he's already missed quite a few. I'm sure he'll still get around 25-30, but 37 is pushing it unless he dramatically improves his play. Also I doubt Boyle can keep that up the whole season. If he does, great for him. I think I'd put Dubinsky and Gaborik as a lock for 20 goals. Before the injury, I would've said Callahan as well.

So for me I'd say there are two locks for 20 goals (maybe even 30) and three question marks (Cally, Boyle, Anisimov).
Callahan has 10 goals in 32 games. He should have at least that many games left when he comes back from injury, so 20 is still within reach.

Boyle has 12 in 33 games. He only needs 8 in 49 games to reach twenty. Granted, that's more than double his scoring pace from last year, but it's less than half of his current pace so far this year. I think he gets it.

Dubinsky and Gabby will make it. Artie will make it if he can keep pace.

4 is the most likely number IMO, but I'll be optimistic and say 5.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 11:51 AM
  #13
Fitzy
Relative to what?
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,164
vCash: 50
We had 3 in 09-10
5 in 08-09 (includes Antropov)
3 in 07-08
5 in 06-07
5 in 05-06 (Includes Sykora)

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 11:51 AM
  #14
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!
 
Stugots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,229
vCash: 500
I said 4: Gaborik, Boyle, AA, Dubi. Cally will be close so it can easily be 5, and if Frolov ever gets his game going then he could be the 6th.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 12:11 PM
  #15
CM PUNK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
With Cally out for the next 6 weeks, his 20 goal dreams are out the window.
it'll make it tough but it doesn't rule it out...cally has 10 goals in 32 games. if he is out exactly 6 weeks he'll miss 19 games. that would leave him 31 games to score 10 goals. so he just needs to pick up at the same pace he is now when he returns.

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 12:24 PM
  #16
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.
 
SwedishBullet62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,705
vCash: 500
5. Dubi and gabs are locks. Cali can score 10 goals in another 30 or so games when he comes back. I'm sure Boyle can handle another 8 and AA another 9 in 49 games. I think stepan will fall just short and I don't foresee(or i just hope) frolov isn't around long enough for us to see if he can reach 20.

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 12:25 PM
  #17
Patriks7
Registered User
 
Patriks7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Callahan has 10 goals in 32 games. He should have at least that many games left when he comes back from injury, so 20 is still within reach.

Boyle has 12 in 33 games. He only needs 8 in 49 games to reach twenty. Granted, that's more than double his scoring pace from last year, but it's less than half of his current pace so far this year. I think he gets it.

Dubinsky and Gabby will make it. Artie will make it if he can keep pace.

4 is the most likely number IMO, but I'll be optimistic and say 5.
I know Cally has enough games to make it, but the problem is, will he be able to after the broken hand? It might take some time to regain the strength he had in it.

Patriks7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 12:34 PM
  #18
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,266
vCash: 500
I'm going 5.

I think Gaborik, Dubinsky,Boyle and Anisimov will all have 20 by the end of the season without a doubt.

I also think 1 of the following players will have 20:

Callahan
Drury
Frolov
Stepan(If he continues to play with Gaborik)

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 01:39 AM
  #19
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 7,555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by x GBISH x View Post
The Holy Trinity
If Boyle is God and Erik is Christ, does that make Hank "the holy spirit"? I thought he was the King? Did he get a promotion?

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 01:45 AM
  #20
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Gaborik and Dubi i think are locks. I think boyle and anisimov will get there as well. Depending on how cally comes back from the injury i think he should get 20.

the wild card is stepan and i think, barring a complete fall of he will do it.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 03:23 AM
  #21
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 29,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
Gabby, Boyle and Dubinsky IMO are locks to get to 20. I went with 4 because my guess is one of the others reaches 20...I would guess Callahan, Anisimov or Stepan

I agree with bolded part.

Out of the 3 you mentioned as 'possibles' I can only see Anisimov doing it. Dont see Stepan potting 20, not this season anyways and Callahan will miss 6-8 weeks so he probably runs out of time.


I'm going with 3 though (Gabby, Dubi and 'Gretzky').

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 03:27 AM
  #22
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 29,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
I'm going 5.

I think Gaborik, Dubinsky,Boyle and Anisimov will all have 20 by the end of the season without a doubt.

I also think 1 of the following players will have 20:

Callahan
Drury
Frolov
Stepan(If he continues to play with Gaborik)

Really? Dru had 14 in 77 games last year. He has 48 games left (assumin he stays healthy) and I dont see him potting 1 nearly every 2nd game.

I do hope I'm wrong though.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 02:45 PM
  #23
NYRangers16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Westchester
Posts: 1,046
vCash: 500
Voted 5

Gabby
Dubi
Boyle
Anisimov

and 1 of Cally, Step or Frolov...Cally's injury is gonna make it really close with him, but I really can't see how we'd have less than 5.

NYRangers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 02:56 PM
  #24
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.
 
SwedishBullet62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Really? Dru had 14 in 77 games last year. He has 48 games left (assumin he stays healthy) and I dont see him potting 1 nearly every 2nd game.

I do hope I'm wrong though.
I agree there's very little chance drury pots 20 this year.

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 02:59 PM
  #25
Katharina
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
If Boyle is God and Erik is Christ, does that make Hank "the holy spirit"? I thought he was the King? Did he get a promotion?

I voted 3 because I'm terribly superstitious.

Katharina is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.