HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Detroit JWC-tracker

Old
12-27-2010, 07:21 AM
Filppula
Jurks

vCash: 500
I was shocked when I saw Pulkkinen attempt a pretty solid hit late in the 3rd! He ended up falling down, but the hit was pretty big actually, and it shows that he's not worried about his shoulder!

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 09:16 AM
BELLE TIRE

vCash: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post
I was shocked when I saw Pulkkinen attempt a pretty solid hit late in the 3rd! He ended up falling down, but the hit was pretty big actually, and it shows that he's not worried about his shoulder!
He seemed to have way more fire in him compared to the games I've seen him play with Jokerit. He didn't look too shy.

His speed seemed OK compared to the Americans, although the skating looked a bit odd at times - it was like he was about to fall forward. Maybe he's just pushing so hard in these games.

He made a nice cross-ice pass from the half boards to Haula in the 1st period, but Haula couldn't put the puck in. Also did a nice job setting up Haula(?) with that pass from the end boards, as silkyjohnson mentioned.

Looking forward to seeing him in the Switzerland game.

BELLE TIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 09:34 AM
ChadS

Pulkkinen needs a "Franzen" on his line. A left handed sniper who goes in to the tight spaces. Too bad there really isn't one of those in team Finland. He gave Erik Haula a couple of great scoring chances but he's more of a playmaker and it didn't work out. I would put Pulkkinen together with Rajala and put a big+physical center like Nättinen in the middle. That line could make serious damage.

ChadS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:49 PM
GeoSacks

I was happy to see Pulkkinen go first into the corners against some much larger American defensemen and hold his own. On the other hand he really needs to adjust to the small ice. He spends too much time trying to find open space when he should be supporting along the boards and he gave up the puck a bit too often.

GeoSacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 03:24 PM
nik jr

imo, pulkkinen needed someone to create more space for him. made some nice passes, especially to haula, but he struggled to get separation from defenders, b/c of his size and skating. needs to be a better skater. threw a hit in the offensive zone and did not avoid contact or hard areas of the ice, which i had heard was a problem for him.

US too often allowed finland to get speed through the neutral zone, especially in the 2nd and 3rd. finland was too sloppy with the puck. ortio was very good, probably the best player in the game, but should have stopped the OT goal.

palmieri missed about 4 or 5 good chances, including open nets.

armia looked like franzen. often not really noticeable, but had a few very nice plays, including 1 where he beat 2 defenders and almost scored.

nik jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 01:24 PM
Henkka

vCash: 528
BANG BANG! It's there!

One-timer on the power-play, scored by Teemu Pulkkinen.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 04:15 PM
Brun0

Pulkkinen - PP onetimer aka Selanne.

Brun0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 04:42 PM
waltdetroit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Anyone going to watch USA-Finland today? Pulkkinen and Callahan playing, Teemu on the 1st line and Mitch as the 13th forward. Starts at 8PM ET.

I was thinking of watching some of Sweden's game as well. It starts at 4PM ET. Go Ironhook!

Edit. Apparently no stream for the Sweden game.
You can watch the games after they're played:

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/feature/?id=4124

waltdetroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 05:37 PM
ChadS

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltdetroit View Post
You can watch the games after they're played:

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/feature/?id=4124
Yea that's a good service but too bad they don't have all of the games there.

I watched some of the Canada-Czech game and it's weird how Nestrasil didn't look that big. At 6'3/209 I think he should be easy to notice because of his size but I didn't really see much difference between him and e.g. his linemate Anton Honejsek who is 6'0/187. By the way I thought Honejsek, who was on try-out with the Wings, looked really good and played well together with Nestrasil. He scored Czech's first goal as well.

Järnkrok is on the first line as Sweden faces Russia in about an half an hour. Russia is a really interesting team because there are some really good overagers for the draft who might be chosen in the later rounds next summer. I'd like us to choose a Russian for a change

Old
12-28-2010, 06:40 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Highlights from Switzerland-Finland:

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 06:54 PM
silkyjohnson50

Getting my first view of Jarnkrok right now. He had a nice assist on Sweden's 2nd goal.

silkyjohnson50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 08:45 PM
silkyjohnson50

So after watching Jarnkrok for the first time...

I was impressed with his skating. He's got a pretty natural stride and what appeared to be fairly good speed.

He seemed to like to play the cycle game in the offensive zone. I also noticed him looking to sneak into scoring areas off the cycle when his linemates had the puck along the boards.

He was playing the left point on the power play. He snuck down low in one sequence and had a chance very similar to the goal Pulkkinen scored today, but he hit the side of the net.

I'm not sure if the ice was poor or if it was just one of those games, but the puck seemed to be jumping off of his stick a little bit.

Obviously he's playing against kids his own age, but he didn't really appear to be that small - which was his biggest flaw from what i heard.

Old
12-28-2010, 09:03 PM
nik jr

i watched most of czech republic vs canada.

czechs were crushed, and canada had the puck most of the time, so it was not the best time to assess a player, but i don't think nestrasil played very well.

had several turnovers, including 2 bad giveaways on PP. took a penalty and canada scored before czechs touched the puck. maybe i have connected them too much in my mind, but nestrasil seemed like kopecky: played low in the offensive zone, took and gave hits and willingly worked on the boards, decent amount of skill, but nothing amazing.

Old
12-28-2010, 09:11 PM
silkyjohnson50

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik jr View Post

czechs were crushed, and canada had the puck most of the time, so it was not the best time to assess a player, but i don't think nestrasil played very well.

had several turnovers, including 2 bad giveaways on PP. took a penalty and canada scored before czechs touched the puck. maybe i have connected them too much in my mind, but nestrasil seemed like kopecky: played low in the offensive zone, took and gave hits and willingly worked on the boards, decent amount of skill, but nothing amazing.
Yeah, i pretty much seen the same thing. I would like to give Nestrasil a bit of a break though since the Czech's were badly outmatched in this game.

Old
12-28-2010, 10:24 PM
GeoSacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik jr View Post

I thought he was good on the penalty kill. He picked off a lot of cross-crease passes and usually made a good effort to clear the puck.

GeoSacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 12:29 AM
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?

that Pulkkinen goal was very much your classic Steven Stamkos goal.

Cyborg Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 04:53 PM
ChadS

Pulkkinen with two primary assists in Finlands 5-1 win over Germany. 6 shots and +2.

1+3 in 3 games so far.

Old
12-29-2010, 09:22 PM
Marky9er

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkyjohnson50 View Post
Yeah, i pretty much seen the same thing. I would like to give Nestrasil a bit of a break though since the Czech's were badly outmatched in this game.
I thought that penalty he took was BS, and I'm Canadian. I think they took the wrong player, I forget who it was but they were the guilty party IMO holding Nestrasils jersey. Obviously overall Canada was a much better team, but I like what I see from Nestrasil. He looks like a big guy who can handle and cycle the puck, could develop into a very useful player.

Marky9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 12:08 AM
nik jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoSacks View Post
I thought he was good on the penalty kill. He picked off a lot of cross-crease passes and usually made a good effort to clear the puck.
i must have missed that part of the game. was it in the 3rd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky9er View Post
I thought that penalty he took was BS, and I'm Canadian. I think they took the wrong player, I forget who it was but they were the guilty party IMO holding Nestrasils jersey. Obviously overall Canada was a much better team, but I like what I see from Nestrasil. He looks like a big guy who can handle and cycle the puck, could develop into a very useful player.
i think it was foligno. i don't know how that developed, since it was away from the play, iirc.

Old
12-30-2010, 02:37 AM
Henkka

vCash: 528
Quote:
Pulkkinen with two primary assists in Finlands 5-1 win over Germany. 6 shots and +2.

1+3 in 3 games so far.
It just crazy how unselfish he is playing at the tournament. Shoot more god damned! He is just trying to be next Datsyuk at the moment.

The stats could be 4+3 if he would not pass every 2 in 1 situation.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 03:12 PM
ChadS

Järnkrok looking great and has 0+2 after about 1/2 of the game. Sweden leads the Czechs 5-1.

Overall a very good player with some serious wheels and I love how he's so responsible defensively. If he's able to bulk up, he could move to NA next year, but probably not the best thing to do for him.

Stream for the game: http://rags2richestv.webs.com/livestream1.htm

Old
12-30-2010, 03:22 PM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

Jarnkrok and Pulkkinen? You guys have some serious talent, those guys look slick!

Faithfully Yours,

Jealous LA Kings fan.

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 03:37 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
Jarnkrok and Pulkkinen? You guys have some serious talent, those guys look slick!

Faithfully Yours,

Jealous LA Kings fan.
And you have the leading goalscorer in Schenn, we all have our gems.

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 04:08 PM
ChadS

Quote:
Järnkrok looking great and has 0+2 after about 1/2 of the game. Sweden leads the Czechs 5-1.
Ironhook with 1+2 so far.

Old
12-30-2010, 04:13 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Ironhook with 1+2 so far.
Ahhhhh, I missed Jarnkrok's goal!!! How was it?

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote