HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Campbell's Emails Not Enough. Habs win 4-3

Old
12-18-2010, 02:43 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

vCash: 500
It looks like this opinion was only shared by Kreijci and the opinionist.

Although suddenly, I do realize why some of their fans can become delusional.

This is outrageous.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 02:44 PM
Sebaldian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great One View Post
I wouldn't say the Habs are a dirty team with the exception of Lapierre at times, but every team has a player who can play dirty every now and then. I do however think that they are a bit of a cowardly team. I'm not trying to piss anyone off by saying this or make a dig at their team but the Habs do have a reputation of running their mouth and getting in everyone's faces without backing it up. Maybe it has alot to do with lack of size or toughness but you never see anyone on Montreal drop the gloves to pick up for a player. I believe that if Montreal had more players like Travis Moen on their team they would get alot more respect throughout the league.
Honestly, if the Habs had a losing record this would be more of an issue around here. They don't, so it's not and rightfully so. I actually enjoy that the lack of fighting gets under the skin of all the haters. Quite amusing really.

Sebaldian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 02:49 PM
samsquanch9*

SuBBANG!

GIFSoup

samsquanch9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 02:50 PM
Subban76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr3Va1L View Post

(go to 55 secs for a good view on the hit.)

Clean hit or not ?

Discuss.
Perfect text book mega clean hit. The NHL will/should use it to explain what a clean hit is.

Not even debatable. The slow motion clearly showes that his feet only leave the ice after the impact. Anyways, PK was nice, he could have went with the elbow and probably would have ended Marchand's career (another mega concussion for a Bruins players...).

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 02:50 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr3Va1L View Post

(go to 55 secs for a good view on the hit.)

Clean hit or not ?

Discuss.
you will often see the players explode into the other player for big open ice hits. Remember that boychuk left his feet too a certain point when he hit pouliot, but subban's check was nowhere near the head whereas boychuk got close.

What you dont want to see is the player make a clear jump long before the hit itself, so I render it clean.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 02:51 PM
Sebaldian

Anyone have the NESN feed of this hit yet?

Sebaldian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 03:05 PM
Roke

Quote:
I wouldn't say the Habs are a dirty team with the exception of Lapierre at times, but every team has a player who can play dirty every now and then. I do however think that they are a bit of a cowardly team. I'm not trying to piss anyone off by saying this or make a dig at their team but the Habs do have a reputation of running their mouth and getting in everyone's faces without backing it up. Maybe it has alot to do with lack of size or toughness but you never see anyone on Montreal drop the gloves to pick up for a player. I believe that if Montreal had more players like Travis Moen on their team they would get alot more respect throughout the league.
If Montreal had more players like Travis Moen they would win less, though if you replaced Lapierre or Pyatt with the Moen clone that would not be the case.

Roke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 03:10 PM
McGreat One

Quote:
Originally Posted by the vinyl version View Post
Honestly, if the Habs had a losing record this would be more of an issue around here. They don't, so it's not and rightfully so. I actually enjoy that the lack of fighting gets under the skin of all the haters. Quite amusing really.
I'm an Oiler's fan so quite honestly i couldn't care less how often Montreal players drop their gloves, and i'm definitely not a "hater". I'm just giving an opinion on why so many teams in the league are really starting to dislike the Habs this year.

Also i'm curious as to why everyone who voices an opinion about the Habs that most Montreal fans don't agree with is considered a "hater". Like i said before, i'm an Oilers fan and have no ill feelings toward the Habs but when i disagreed with Babcock's statement that Price is the best goalie in the league this year and that Thomas was better and had the stats to back it up, i was called a hater. Now i'm called a hater again for giving an opinion. But i'm happy that you're amused bud, makes the world a better place when everyone is happy.

McGreat One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 05:13 PM
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
I wonder when the unwritten rule of, "When you cleanly hit a player, you must drop your gloves and fight because you made a good hockey play", came into effect. Can someone get that for me?

Shawn Wilken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 05:15 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by the vinyl version View Post
Anyone have the NESN feed of this hit yet?
I don't think so but I would have loved to see it.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 05:19 PM
overlords
#BargainBanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
I don't think so but I would have loved to see it.
'Marchand BODYSLAMS subban!'

overlords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 05:26 PM
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
'Marchand BODYSLAMS subban!'
"And now they're challenging him, and Subban is turtling away! Damn him! Damn this world! GARGH, I HATE BABIES!"

Old
12-18-2010, 05:26 PM
Gally11

Quote:
I'm an Oiler's fan so quite honestly i couldn't care less how often Montreal players drop their gloves, and i'm definitely not a "hater". I'm just giving an opinion on why so many teams in the league are really starting to dislike the Habs this year.

Also i'm curious as to why everyone who voices an opinion about the Habs that most Montreal fans don't agree with is considered a "hater". Like i said before, i'm an Oilers fan and have no ill feelings toward the Habs but when i disagreed with Babcock's statement that Price is the best goalie in the league this year and that Thomas was better and had the stats to back it up, i was called a hater. Now i'm called a hater again for giving an opinion. But i'm happy that you're amused bud, makes the world a better place when everyone is happy.

It's guys like Lapierre and Subban who don't back up their talk that give em a bad rep. But if they were to fight every time they smack talked they'd spend the game in the box lol

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 05:30 PM
overlords
#BargainBanned

Quote:
We'd also suck.

overlords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 05:31 PM
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereabouts Unknown View Post
It's guys like Lapierre and Subban who don't back up their talk that give em a bad rep. But if they were to fight every time they smack talked they'd spend the game in the box lol
Fighting a scrub like Carcillo is stupid. Philly loses a fourth-liner for five minutes, while the Habs lose one of their best players for five minutes.

Fighting Thornton is stupid, for obviously the same reason.

Furthermore, fighting after making a smart hockey play is beyond stupid. It's like... ultra mega stupid.

Everywhere stupid.

Old
12-18-2010, 05:44 PM
McGreat One

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
We'd also suck.
I'm not talking about a full team of Moen's but 1 or 2 more guys that don't mind mixing it up a little. And by mixing it up i'm not only talking about fighting but just playing a gritty style of game and not afraid to back it up or stand up to the opposition. Moen is the type of player that every team needs to get deep in the playoffs. Just ask the Anaheim Ducks from a few years back.

Old
12-18-2010, 05:57 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
you will often see the players explode into the other player for big open ice hits. Remember that boychuk left his feet too a certain point when he hit pouliot, but subban's check was nowhere near the head whereas boychuk got close.

What you dont want to see is the player make a clear jump long before the hit itself, so I render it clean.
This is leaving your feet. Lucic's skates are off the ground before touching Van Ryn seems like they had no problem with this hit but Subban must fight the galaxy because of his.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 06:04 PM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
This is leaving your feet. Lucic's skates are off the ground before touching Van Ryn seems like they had no problem with this hit but Subban must fight the galaxy because of his.

I know he jumped a bit there, but I still wouldn't of called it.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 06:26 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Fighting a scrub like Carcillo is stupid. Philly loses a fourth-liner for five minutes, while the Habs lose one of their best players for five minutes.

Fighting Thornton is stupid, for obviously the same reason.

Furthermore, fighting after making a smart hockey play is beyond stupid. It's like... ultra mega stupid.

Everywhere stupid.
It's the Bruins. Stupid is the nickname of that franchise.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 07:40 PM
MicroFracture

Why ''backing it up'' ? Why do you need to back up good and legal hockey plays with a fight? Why do you need to fight anyway? I'm not arguing to ban hockey fights here but the importance attached to it is annoying. Hockey: the point is to put pucks in nets. If you're a role player who's there to stand up for your teammates and drop the gloves, do it, but why should skilled players get goaded into that? Ooh, boohoo, Subban is a rookie offensive defenseman who does, like, spinoramas and **** and talks to the opposition. Cry moar: he doesn't have anything in particular to back up, and there's no reason dropping the gloves would be a way to back up anything that he does : legal hits and trash talking are parts of the game, and people are delusional if they think it's a particular issue with Subban and no one else. But yeah, he has the audacity not only to be a Montreal Canadiens, but to be a black player in the whitest of sports. (oh yes, I'm bringing that up.)

As for the complaints about Subban and how we're supposedly a ''dirty team'' : lmao. I'll take that criticism seriously when we start getting called out by people who aren't whiny *****es in the first place.

MicroFracture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 08:18 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
Wait. The BIG BAD BOSTON BRUINS are complaining about other teams being dirty?

It's always funny to me that when we lose, we aren't tough enough and don't stick up for each other. When we win, we're a dirty team.
Yes, it seems that the Habs are caught in this tornado of hypocrisy.

They're either soft or dirty.

Oh well, let the haters hate.

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 02:04 AM
McGreat One

[QUOTE=Souvenirs;29653665]Why ''backing it up'' ? Why do you need to back up good and legal hockey plays with a fight? Why do you need to fight anyway? I'm not arguing to ban hockey fights here but the importance attached to it is annoying. Hockey: the point is to put pucks in nets. If you're a role player who's there to stand up for your teammates and drop the gloves, do it, but why should skilled players get goaded into that? Ooh, boohoo, Subban is a rookie offensive defenseman who does, like, spinoramas and **** and talks to the opposition. Cry moar: he doesn't have anything in particular to back up, and there's no reason dropping the gloves would be a way to back up anything that he does : legal hits and trash talking are parts of the game, and people are delusional if they think it's a particular issue with Subban and no one else. But yeah, he has the audacity not only to be a Montreal Canadiens, but to be a black player in the whitest of sports. (oh yes, I'm bringing that up.)

Seeing how i'm the only one who talked about players "backing it up" i'm guessing you are referring to my post. Not once in my post did i mention that anyone needs to back up clean hits or legal plays. If someone lays a clean hit and is challenged i see nothing wrong with refusing to fight, but when you go out and run your mouth and trash talk after almost every whistle in a physical sport like hockey where fighting is accepted than i think you should be prepared to pick up for yourself when someone decides to take exception to your comments.

Also i'm pretty sure none of my posts in this thread even mentioned PK Subban. But seeing how you brought it up i will set the record straight that i have no problem with his spinoramas or flashy style of play. I do however disagree that he has nothing to "back up". I guess it's a matter of opinion but the way i see it if you're going to get in player's faces and talk smack then hide behind the refs or just skate away then yes, you are a coward.

Old
12-19-2010, 02:13 AM
LesCanadiens

Mr

What? Everybody hates us this year!! That only means one thing, we must be winning!

Freakin' losers that are NHL-clueless should give up the charade and go back to watching other sports. Larry Robinson leveled Terry O'Reilly with a very similar hit.....O'Reilly responded to the press after the game, saying (with a smile and respect), that getting hit by bird was like running into a giant redwood tree.

Those were the days....when the Bruins players actually had balls and weren't a bunch of closet skirt wearing chicks.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 02:14 AM
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion

Awards:
For those who may have missed the Flyers/Rangers game; Carcillo mouthed off to Avery as he was getting on the ice, wanting to go with Avery. So Avery drops the gloves and jumps on him, ready to pound and... Carcillo does nothing and looks around for a call, with his arms out not knowing what's going on.

Later on in the game, he jumps Reese, a rookie on the Rangers, only to get handled by Reese.

Old
12-19-2010, 08:26 AM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesCanadiens View Post
What? Everybody hates us this year!! That only means one thing, we must be winning!

Freakin' losers that are NHL-clueless should give up the charade and go back to watching other sports. Larry Robinson leveled Terry O'Reilly with a very similar hit.....O'Reilly responded to the press after the game, saying (with a smile and respect), that getting hit by bird was like running into a giant redwood tree.

Those were the days....when the Bruins players actually had balls and weren't a bunch of closet skirt wearing chicks.
That's funny because they used to call the Habs a bunch of diving, *****s. Looks like the page has turned and the Bruins are much worse than before. I love how they ***** because they can't beat us...AWESOME!

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote