HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 34|Ottawa vs. Colorado|SNET-E| 9:00 pm|Loss 6-5, OT

Old
12-18-2010, 01:10 AM
Xspyrit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBandWagon View Post
Agreed that Carks had a good game. I would wager he benefited from the night off, but still good game regardless

As for the Lee comment: at this point, I would love to see him in place of Flub Kuba for a couple games
Yes, Clouston has to do it.

Kuba needs to sit back for a little while and think about his game. I understand why he didn't want to rush his return in the 1st place. Could have been worse, lol

Phillips-Karlsson
Gonchar-Lee
Campoli-Carkner

Poor Gonchar but DO NOT touch the 2 other pairings

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 01:12 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post
Murray deserves his due credit for the draft pick he's made so far that has a very promising NHL future.

He also deserves the backlash for the trades and signings made under his tenure.

I really don't get why so many people are in love with this guy. He might be one of the best director of player / personnel out there. He might be a great scout. But, he is a **** GM, and all the evidence you need to figure that out is on the ice 2+ times a week.

Another disappointing loser point but still another small step in the direction we need to go.
Your overrate how much flexibility a GM has if his team has lost 4 stars over the years and was left with no NHL prospects in the farm except for Brian Lee and Brian Elliott. THE GUY CAME INTO AN ORGANIZATION WITH FEW ASSETS THAT MAKES IT REALLY HARD TO MAKE THE TEAM BETTER BY ANY OTHER MEANS ASIDE FROM THE DRAFT.

I don't have a hard on for Murray, his free agent signings have been average (but needed to have any chance) and his trades have been a wash as well (aside for the one that likely involved collusion). Turning teams around through trade or free agency just doesn't happen, and he shares little of the blame for losing impact players over the years.

At least the most important aspect of building a team has been done quite well as far as we can see right now. His best pick so far is turning into a star by age 20, an off the board mid 1st round pick. THAT IS HOW WE BUILT THE CONTENDER WE USED TO BE IN THE FIRST PLACE, STELLAR DRAFT PICKS LIKE ERIK KARLSSON.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 01:15 AM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Murray deserves his due credit for the draft pick he's made so far that has a very promising NHL future.

He also deserves the backlash for the trades and signings made under his tenure.

I really don't get why so many people are in love with this guy. He might be one of the best director of player / personnel out there. He might be a great scout. But, he is a **** GM, and all the evidence you need to figure that out is on the ice 2+ times a week.

Another disappointing loser point but still another small step in the direction we need to go.
IF it wasn't for Elliott, the Sens would be on a 5 games winning streak right now and their record would be 17-15-2

Just saying

Is it Murray fault that this franchise has never been able to draft a goalie for CS?

Actually, Murray acquired a talented goalie (Leclaire) for a player that he was gonna lose on the UFA market 1 year later (his decision was already taken when they signed Fisher long-term*) and he still gets bash non-stop for that. Oh and he also got a 2nd round pick in that trade, which he turned into "potential gold" with Robin lehner...

* By the way, the salary cap wasn't as high as today. I perfectly remember that we couldn't afford Heatley, Spezza, Alfredsson, Fisher and Vermette all at the same time.

Last edited by Xspyrit: 12-18-2010 at 01:21 AM.
Old
12-18-2010, 01:18 AM
HSF

Rundblad looks like he could be a bigger version of Karlsson which is really scary and exciting at the same time

You also have Cowen who is one of the best defensemen prospects in the league and just keep rising.

I havent been this excited for prospects since we drafted Spezza

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 01:21 AM
sensfan25

Karlsson, Cowen, Rundblad, Phillips, Carkner, Campoli Solid defense and if silferberg and pettersson pan out the sens will be contenders once again soon

sensfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 01:22 AM
TheBandWagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Your overrate how much flexibility a GM has if his team has lost 4 stars over the years and was left with no NHL prospects in the farm except for Brian Lee and Brian Elliott. THE GUY CAME INTO AN ORGANIZATION WITH FEW ASSETS THAT MAKES IT REALLY HARD TO MAKE THE TEAM BETTER BY ANY OTHER MEANS ASIDE FROM THE DRAFT.

I don't have a hard on for Murray, his free agent signings have been average (but needed to have any chance) and his trades have been a wash as well (aside for the one that likely involved collusion). Turning teams around through trade or free agency just doesn't happen, and he shares little of the blame for losing impact players over the years.

At least the most important aspect of building a team has been done quite well as far as we can see right now. His best pick so far is turning into a star by age 20, an off the board mid 1st round pick. THAT IS HOW WE BUILT THE CONTENDER WE USED TO BE IN THE FIRST PLACE, STELLAR DRAFT PICKS LIKE ERIK KARLSSON.
Dear MinisterofOffence, please elaborate on the bolded part...not sure what trade youre referring to...and I'm avoiding studying

TheBandWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 01:27 AM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Just got home from hockey, and just read Leclaire was injured during warmups? Can a mod PLEASE make a Leclaire Injury report sticky? I think that bandaid has proven he deserves it.

edit: Just watching highlights, some of the D coverage on those goals is atrocious.

Last edited by PeterSidorkiewicz: 12-18-2010 at 01:43 AM.
PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 01:49 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBandWagon View Post
Dear MinisterofOffence, please elaborate on the bolded part...not sure what trade youre referring to...and I'm avoiding studying
Heatley's dad has ties in San Jose. For a hush hush type of thing like collusion our level headed radio guys who "get" hockey business have hinted at this on occasions since. An NMC, a nixed deal, and a father's old college buddy happens to be in San Jose....couple that with a brutal return and you've got what looks like collusion. Even if it that isn't good enough for ya that deal would have tied any GMs hands, and that's the take home point either way.

Old
12-18-2010, 01:49 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
Just got home from hockey, and just read Leclaire was injured during warmups? Can a mod PLEASE make a Leclaire Injury report sticky? I think that bandaid has proven he deserves it.

edit: Just watching highlights, some of the D coverage on those goals is atrocious.
Gonchar-Kuba baby.

Old
12-18-2010, 02:23 AM
Do Make Say Think
d00 da Bieber

The offense came through but the D/goaltending didn't.

Story of the season so far.

It is kind of comforting though. If both end up gelling this team will be deadly.

Do Make Say Think is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 04:07 AM
Romans12_12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post

It is kind of comforting though. If both end up gelling this team will be deadly.
If by deadly you mean stinking up the 8th seed like a corpse then yes sir you are correct.

Romans12_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 08:15 AM
Kschey
Avs/BorussiaDortmund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post

It's the same with our team.
Always able to score, even with all those injuries (Stewart, Mueller, Stastny, Hejduk, Galiardi before), but bad D combined with a - so far - weak or injured Anderson keeps those games tight and exciting.

Some great offense by you guys, could have won it easily as well.

Kschey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 10:08 AM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

Actually, the take home point is that Murray did not have to trade Heatley at all.

Also, Muckler didn't make Murray make stupid trades and sign guys to stupid contracts.

John Holmes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 10:32 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Actually, the take home point is that Murray did not have to trade Heatley at all.

Also, Muckler didn't make Murray make stupid trades and sign guys to stupid contracts.
You know we've had threads about this before. One recently in which you were a main contributor and could not keep up.

Old
12-18-2010, 10:35 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:

Did murray have to trade danny no but do you want a unhappy player chances are no.Murray has made a couple bad trades but alot of bad moves came before murray took over.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 11:23 AM
kyle747

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
Did murray have to trade danny no but do you want a unhappy player chances are no.Murray has made a couple bad trades but alot of bad moves came before murray took over.
I'd argue that Murray has made his share of bad moves since he took over. He's done good work, as far as I can tell with the prospects. But most of his trades and signings have not been great.

And he didn't HAVE to trade Heatley. If Rod Brydon was still the governor of this franchise it wouldn't have happened.

And the team played fine with Yashin as an angry child.

/end debate

kyle747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 12:15 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Thought they played a solid game last night and deserved a better fate. WTF is up with Leclaire now? I couldn't do anything but facepalm when I heard he was hurt again.

Nice to see the offense come around though. At least we're scoring goals and making games watchable.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 02:42 PM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
You know we've had threads about this before. One recently in which you were a main contributor and could not keep up.
What is there to keep up with? You constantly arguing that he had to be moved, and only to San Jose, and only for ****?

You are wrong. There is no debate.

John Holmes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 03:53 PM
SensNo1
Sens#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romans12_12 View Post
If by deadly you mean stinking up the 8th seed like a corpse then yes sir you are correct.
I think "Silent But Deadly" should be our 2011 playoff push slogan.

SensNo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 12:48 AM
Xspyrit

Quote:
What is there to keep up with? You constantly arguing that he had to be moved, and only to San Jose, and only for ****?

You are wrong. There is no debate.
Michalek wasn't **** before coming here... at all

Maybe this franchise is the problem with an history of choking.

In 20 years, 1 Stanley Cup Finals appearance, lost in 5 games. Great accomplishement

Oh and by the way, I wanted to ask :

How much time did you spend on trade forums during that summer? Because after Heatley refused the trade to Edmonton (you constantly omit that fact like a ***), there was only 1 place left, which is San Jose. I can confirm you, and many could, that almost everyone related to the Sens (players, staff, fans) wanted Heatley gone asap and before the training camp

But ya, you can't keep up with facts. You're just a stubborn whiner who has no perspective and analytical sense at all

How can you say that someone is wrong when all you have is your opinion?

Last edited by Xspyrit: 12-19-2010 at 03:22 PM.