HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBC's retirement plan for ex-Bruins

Old
12-17-2010, 02:52 PM
Bullsmith

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
-Albert Einstein

Every week, it seems, you guys come on here to complain about what Don Cherry/CBC panel has said, especially when it is geared towards the Montreal Canadiens.

May I ask why you tune in, even after you know what is coming your way?

If you don't like it, stop watching the damn broadcast. When you guys write a letter to them to complain, you do know that they stop reading at; "I watched your show and...". That's it. They now know, you've watched the show and given them ratings.

Ratings = money, and since you tune in to watch it, they're getting money and they won't change the product.

Want change? Stop watching. Simple as that.
Yo, Skorpion, I stopped watching CBC for Habs games years ago for exactly this reason, so do lots of people on this board. One of the whole points of yakkin' about on the internet is to convince people to do the same, and also to vent because when they get this stupid it's all over the radio, on Youtube, etc. and when Mike Millbury says that someone should, with "premeditated" intent atttempt to injure another player then it's important to call them on it. Insanity would be ignoring an open incitement to violence, and if CBC receives enough complaints they will eventually let Millbury go.

Trying to get Don Cherry fired. Now THAT's insanity. Having a nice hatefest here on HF boards isn't helping CBC's ratings one iota.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 03:03 PM
guyner

I had to say something. As someone posted before

http://www.cbc.ca/contact/

If you are so inclined.

What I wrote:
--------------------------------------
I would just like to voice my complaint of last night’s intermission analysis of the Montreal/Boston game. During the intermission Mike Milbury flat out said someone needs to take care of either P.K. Subban and/or Maxime Lapierre. The reasoning for these comments are unidentifiable. I was watching the same game Mr. Milbury was and could not even relate to his reasoning for saying so. It all reminds me of the Bertuzzi incident.

I will admit that I am a Montreal fan and do have a bias towards my team, but tuning in yesterday left me with a sour taste in my mouth. A whole intermission devoted strictly to what is happening with the Bruins. I would of appreciated a more unbiased coverage. I wish I could say I believe things will improve but It's been this way and getting worse for quite some time. If your intent was to alienate the Montreal fans (the second largest hockey audience), then you have succeeded. I will no longer be tuning in to your broadcasts, Canadiens or otherwise, since in this technological age there are numerous, better options available.

guyner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 03:12 PM
habdynasty

I can't wait for the cbc to go off the air, what a waste of money that network is. Tsn will take over SaTurday night hockey.

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 03:15 PM
gusfring

Can we stop being so whiny? Who cares what Milbury says?

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 03:17 PM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
I don't know, can you?

This isn't 'required reading', you know. Ignore the thread.

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 03:23 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
WHY didn't Brad May say that to Lucic against Laraque? It's probably because he doesn't get many segments on CBC or any other network shows. WTH are these guy thinking... Wasn't it a clean hit? Are we supposed to fight after every clean bodycheck, because it was a big hit? I don't see anyone getting all flustered on the clean hit by Boychuk on Pouliot? BOYCHUK is a 26 with 76 NHL (20 from this year), it's only his sophmore year! Why is no one calling for his head?

Why aren't they mad at Marchand for trying to figure skate around guys. Marchard had a head of steam, PK had no choice but to hit him, if he doesn't hit him, Marchand can drive the net. Unfortunately the Montreal Canadiens have some big forwards (contrary to popular belief), one named Max Pacioretty. Maybe if it was Gionta, he would of been able to see PK behind, but not Max, build like a house! and Subban like a bulldozer!

They have our number Brad? Really Brad? What does mean Brad? What does they having our number mean to YOU Brad? Because I don't think Brad that we both understand who has whos number Brad. Brad? Brad! Where you going Brad?! I was just, no I wasn't. Bye Brad.
What makes this so funny is PK showed a lot of respect for the game and opponent as he could of cleaned Marchand's clock on that hit by leading with his shoulder. ******'s like Cooke and Richards would of went for the head shot and try to hurt Marchand.

Those little CBC pow wows are starting to sound like KKK gatherings, the only thing missing is the burning cross. Maybe Don Cherry was bringing it but got stuck in traffic.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 03:29 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
-Albert Einstein

Every week, it seems, you guys come on here to complain about what Don Cherry/CBC panel has said, especially when it is geared towards the Montreal Canadiens.

If you don't like it, stop watching the damn broadcast. When you guys write a letter to them to complain, you do know that they stop reading at; "I watched your show and...". That's it. They now know, you've watched the show and given them ratings.

Ratings = money, and since you tune in to watch it, they're getting money and they won't change the product.

Not everyone has RDS dude.

HNIC is a long tradition as well...

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 03:31 PM
guyner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
I live near Toronto (Cambridge) and every day I have to endure people telling me how the Habs do something they don't like. I thought I could watch last night’s game, on my publicly funded tv station, and not have to hear the same dribble I get day in day out.

Needless to say, I and likely many others in my situation, snapped and needed to vent. Lets just say my options for venting are limited.

guyner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 03:35 PM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

vCash: 1395
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyner View Post
I had to say something. As someone posted before

http://www.cbc.ca/contact/

If you are so inclined.

What I wrote:
--------------------------------------
I would just like to voice my complaint of last night’s intermission analysis of the Montreal/Boston game. During the intermission Mike Milbury flat out said someone needs to take care of either P.K. Subban and/or Maxime Lapierre. The reasoning for these comments are unidentifiable. I was watching the same game Mr. Milbury was and could not even relate to his reasoning for saying so. It all reminds me of the Bertuzzi incident.

I will admit that I am a Montreal fan and do have a bias towards my team, but tuning in yesterday left me with a sour taste in my mouth. A whole intermission devoted strictly to what is happening with the Bruins. I would of appreciated a more unbiased coverage. I wish I could say I believe things will improve but It's been this way and getting worse for quite some time. If your intent was to alienate the Montreal fans (the second largest hockey audience), then you have succeeded. I will no longer be tuning in to your broadcasts, Canadiens or otherwise, since in this technological age there are numerous, better options available.
This will get their attention, not comments that belittle for the sake of proving a point. If people want to complain it has to be done in a professional manner or their complaints will simply be ignored.

Kudos, I will do the same.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 03:48 PM
habs93

CBC & sports is not going away as CBC has or will apply (English/French) soon for a liscense to have an all sports channel.......

habs93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 04:14 PM
SB164

Mitch Melnick's talking about the HNIC bias right now on Team 990.

http://www.team990.com/section/view/...7/#mainContent

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 04:29 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Mitch Melnick's talking about the HNIC bias right now on Team 990.

http://www.team990.com/section/view/...7/#mainContent
Milbury was a real a$$ last night...still sore about Lemaire, Lafleur and Shutt making him look like a tier 2 Jr B defenceman...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 04:31 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
-Albert Einstein

Normally I'd agree with you because you make a very good point, as a matter of fact I haven't watched a CBC broadcasted Montreal game since they we're playing up Marc Savard (and no Habs) during the 2007-2008 playoffs.

I don't watch CBC anymore. Frankly however, I think as an english speaking Canadian I should have the option to watch my team whenever possible in my native language without having them being thrown under the bus in every single broadcast for no reason?

I'm looking forward to the day that TSN gets the rights to Saturday Night Hockey, atleast they know how to present a game without coming off (atleast overly) biased.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 04:44 PM
JayBee*

who really cares? CBC is not geared towards Hab fans.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 04:50 PM
MTL-rules

LMAO... their inferiority complex is the funniest thing ever... Bruins fans and players are just laughable.

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 04:54 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
just watching ESPN's PTI with Kornheizer and Wilbon... and they are mad about that Subban hit....

They are mad because he LET UP hahhahahah
They also said nice clean hit... which we all know it was

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 04:55 PM
Schwang

i remember

watching the Habs play Boston on WSBK out of Boston. The announcers were Derek Sanderson and Gerry Cheevers. You want bad? You want stupidity? You want bias? These 2 were the worst EVER! Hands down!

Schwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 05:00 PM
Schwang

Their issue was

that Pk didn't fight them AFTER throwing the hit. Players went after PK and he skated away. So apparently, after a good, clean hit, you're supposed to fight and get a 5 minute penalty. Sorry, but unless the other guy gets an instigator (which I haven't seen called in a while), I'd rather PK stay out of the box then fight some Bruin goon.

Old
12-17-2010, 05:01 PM
Habs

interesting, MIlbury was just ripping P.K on HNIC radio, so was Brad May and the other putz hosting the show. Saying the vets in the room hate P.K, and how bad he is for the game.

lol, I am so done with CBC at this point.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 05:05 PM
ChoseLa

Subban laying youtube hits all over the place, healty scratch, making other teams look like a bunch of pylons, brought up all the time by opposing team's press conference, CBC scapegoat, producing an unbelievable amount of discussion all over the Internet... this kid is gonna be a legend when his career is done, a ****ing legend!

Was there ever so much buzz around a rookie since Crosby and OV?

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 05:12 PM
Etienne

Wasn't sure if it is thread worthy so I'll post it here. I just looked at RDS/hockey's front page and the headline is "The Habs deny being a vicious team". Apparently there's a lot of hurt feelings in Boston this morning and people call the Habs a dirty team. It made me scratch my head a little so I looked up the article it refers to and saw this:

Quote:
The Canadiens are a despicable and dirty little hockey team that loves to dish out nasty cheap shots, often from behind, often after the whistle — and shows not the slightest willingness to back up the stick-work by dropping the gloves. - Boston Herald
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/h...fight_to_habs/

Quote:
“That’s all they do, these little things, for the ref it’s hard to see,” said Krejci after the Habs’ 4-3 win. “These little guys, they just play like that — little elbows and everything, and it’s hard for the ref to see. I just didn’t like the way they do it, and I didn’t like when they do it on me, so that’s what happened.”
Huh? David Krecji calling someone else "little" ? He's 5'11 and 176 pounds!!

edit: lapresse just picked it up as well...
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...7_accueil_POS1

Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 05:12 PM
DumFries

Who cares what Milbury says. He crippled the Islanders franchise, possibly the worst GM of all time, and never accomplished much as a player either. Let's not mention, the old Habs pawned the Bruins while he played for Boston.

The CBC is geared to the Laughs. It is to no one's surprise they will be biased towards the Habs. It's just jealousy.

I feel PJ simply wants to fit in.

DumFries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 05:18 PM
Schwang

I'll say it again

If this was the NBA or NFL, PK would be a celebrity. I don't care about the hoopla and celebrations and trash talk, but some fans do and that's what they pay to see when they watch those other sports. Maybe having a few more larger than life personalities like PK is what the NHL needs to draw a larger audience. The crap about the vets not liking him is bogus. I haven't heard a quote from any of the other Habs players. If they ever did, they should be reprimanded by the club for publicly saying something like that. I just don't buy it.

Besides, how is what PK does any worse or any more disrespectful than what Avery does? Remember the Brodeur incident? That was the most embarassing moment for the NHL ever.

Old
12-17-2010, 05:22 PM
DumFries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
interesting, MIlbury was just ripping P.K on HNIC radio, so was Brad May and the other putz hosting the show. Saying the vets in the room hate P.K, and how bad he is for the game.

lol, I am so done with CBC at this point.
Subban has a flashy character. It seems some players in hockey have immunity. When a rookie tells it like it is, they whine about it. The Habs are not known to be a aggressive team. I wouldn't be surprised if some players in the locker room don't like him. After all, they had a say in him for sitting out three games because they don't like his aggressiveness and temper.

Subban seems to give a physical presence to this team it so desperately needs. If anything, other players are now fighting and are showing the opposition that the Habs may be tiny but you cannot push them around.

Who cares what people say, keep it up PK and don't change.

However, I am afraid some of these players will probably try to end Subban's career with a dirty hit. Subban should be prepared for what's coming.

DumFries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 05:25 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne View Post
Wasn't sure if it is thread worthy so I'll post it here. I just looked at RDS/hockey's front page and the headline is "The Habs deny being a vicious team". Apparently there's a lot of hurt feelings in Boston this morning and people call the Habs a dirty team. It made me scratch my head a little so I looked up the article it refers to and saw this:

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/h...fight_to_habs/

Huh? David Krecji calling someone else "little" ? He's 5'11 and 176 pounds!!

edit: lapresse just picked it up as well...
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...7_accueil_POS1

Krecji says you can't see the dirty little hits probably because he's making crap up. I don't see it anywhere, they even claim PK slew footed Campbell All he did was slap him out of the way, deservedly so by the way.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote