HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Russia
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Impact of Russia's World Cup 2018 on Russian Hockey?

Old
01-29-2011, 04:48 PM
Pauk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiesIrae View Post
My hope is that Russia doesn't get utterly destroyed (national embarrassment) like the olympics, because that will result in a lot of action to "fix" this problem (image and sporting acheivment are central to the russian regime) if they do too well it will increase popularity of football as it did after the Euro 2008. So I hope Russia does average. 2nd in their group and loses 1st or second round knockout.

The problem with russian hockey, as with so many other former block countries is in its demographics. Russian populations are declining steeply in russia, while various other ethnicites are growing (tatars, bashkirs, various other caucasian groups) who only play football. hockey is a russian sport in russia. as participation drops, so does financial support. Russian hockey will be seriously threatened in the near future.
tatars and bashkirs have the same demographics as slavic

following your reasoning Canada will be great ping-pong Nation soon

Pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 04:55 PM
Pauk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatarBashqort View Post
tbh it's funny read about Idel-Ural regions

I hope you will be marginal forever otherwise segregation is the best option because Russians are fed up with this bandustan ****.

Old
01-29-2011, 04:58 PM
Pauk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter25 View Post
Never heard of Gagauz people before.

I always thought Radulov looked a lot like Chechens.

Old
01-29-2011, 08:54 PM
VladNYC*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauk View Post

I hope you will be marginal forever otherwise segregation is the best option because Russians are fed up with this bandustan ****.
Yer an idiot!

VladNYC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 08:57 PM
VladNYC*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter25 View Post
Never heard of Gagauz people before.

I always thought Radulov looked a lot like Chechens.
Gagauzi are a ethnic minority from Moldova. I can def see it now. But really he can pass for a lot of things, Caucasian, Georgian even Bukharian.

VladNYC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2011, 05:47 AM
TatarBashqort

Quote:

i suppose you're the one that screams "Russia for Russians" waving dpni flags and so on

my only answer to such ppl like you is "go ****** yourself"

you don't like me calling my homeland Idel-Ural? it's not my problem at all, it's always been Idel-Ural before Russian and after Russian and in 1000 years after now it will be Idel-Ural just beacause it's the name of the region in Tatar/Bashkir language

you call our shared motherland "Rossiya" and no one forces you to call it "Rәsәi" like it's called in Tatar language

something is obviously wrong with your head.

TatarBashqort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 01:56 PM
Peter25

Quote:

What? Are you calling Tatarstan as "bandustan"? It is more developed than most of the slavic regions in Russia!

BTW, Tatars and Russians should be friends. No reason to try to spread hatred between Russians and Tatars. Russia is already in deep**** with North Caucasus and their extremist militants. Tatars and Russians should stay friends no matter what.

If the terror and volatility of North Caucasus would spread to Volga and Urals regions the coencequences for Russia would be catastrophic. Russia cannot even fully control the North Caucasus and needs an ape like Ramzan Kadyrov to rule his Chechen emirate with brutal hand.

Fortunately 99% of Tatars and Bashkirs are secular and level headed. They won't let the Russian nationalist provocators or the wahhabi Islamist militants to drag them to a war with Russians. Let Russians and Tatars be friends forever.

I don't like you very much pauk, you are a troublemaker and provocator.

Last edited by Peter25: 01-31-2011 at 02:01 PM.
Peter25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 09:53 AM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

The picture of Russian hockey is a lot more complicated than it would be in, say, Finland.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Yakushev72

Yakushev 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiesIrae View Post
My hope is that Russia doesn't get utterly destroyed (national embarrassment) like the olympics, because that will result in a lot of action to "fix" this problem (image and sporting acheivment are central to the russian regime) if they do too well it will increase popularity of football as it did after the Euro 2008. So I hope Russia does average. 2nd in their group and loses 1st or second round knockout.

The problem with russian hockey, as with so many other former block countries is in its demographics. Russian populations are declining steeply in russia, while various other ethnicites are growing (tatars, bashkirs, various other caucasian groups) who only play football. hockey is a russian sport in russia. as participation drops, so does financial support. Russian hockey will be seriously threatened in the near future.
This post was just a flamer to try to rub in the Olympic game last year between Canada and Russia. The Canadians love to focus on that game to try to help them forget about the 2006 Olympics, when the very biggest NHL stars from Maple Leaf Land scored not one single goal against Russia, failing to even make the medal round after being shut out (national embarrassment!). And then to go-into a semi-literate rant about population genetics, and you've REALLY got a national embarrassment.

Yakushev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 11:28 AM
Yakushev72

[QUOTE=DiesIrae;29641438]I don't know what russias geographic size has to do with its demographics. huh??

never said "islamic hockey discouraging". what i said was that when there is no children to play the sport, it severely weakens the success of said sport.

and its extremely complex to cite what I'm explaining. you need to cite literally hundreds of sources to get the point which I am raising. further, the russian government stopped cooperating with westerners with reliable demographics information in around 2000-02.[/QUOTE

This should not degenerate into a Slavic/Turkic argument, but at this moment, there are officially 120 million Slavic people in Russia. Canada's population is 32 million, and its birth rate is close to the Slavic birth rate in Russia. So, by your calculation, Canada has a lot bigger hockey problem in 2030 than Russia.

Yakushev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 11:39 AM
MaxV

Honestly, Russia should be a lot better in both Hockey AND Soccer then what it currently is. And I mean A LOT better.

Medvedev/Putin are investing a lot of money in both of those programs and hopefully it'll produce results. Investing more money into it is great, but the issue is efficiency.

How about, instead of giving all those millions to those fat-heads that just pocket the money and don't do ****, they invest in kids themselves?

I mean, hockey is expensive and that is the reason that so few Russian kids try out. Why not start a fund or something that helps prospective young kids get into the sport?

In soccer, they can expand their training infrastructure in youth level. More facilities and groups.

And how about improving the coaches? I mean, I can only speak about the town that I'm from (in Moldova, not Russia) and I might be wrong about this, but I bet a lot of youth coaches are amateurs, especially in small town.

How about holding some conventions? How about teaching the Teachers?

You improve the quality of the coaches, you improve the quality of the players imo.

I mean, there are A LOT of things that can be done, even without spending billions.

MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 12:51 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Honestly, Russia should be a lot better in both Hockey AND Soccer then what it currently is. And I mean A LOT better.

Medvedev/Putin are investing a lot of money in both of those programs and hopefully it'll produce results. Investing more money into it is great, but the issue is efficiency.

How about, instead of giving all those millions to those fat-heads that just pocket the money and don't do ****, they invest in kids themselves?

I mean, hockey is expensive and that is the reason that so few Russian kids try out. Why not start a fund or something that helps prospective young kids get into the sport?

In soccer, they can expand their training infrastructure in youth level. More facilities and groups.

And how about improving the coaches? I mean, I can only speak about the town that I'm from (in Moldova, not Russia) and I might be wrong about this, but I bet a lot of youth coaches are amateurs, especially in small town.

How about holding some conventions? How about teaching the Teachers?

You improve the quality of the coaches, you improve the quality of the players imo.

I mean, there are A LOT of things that can be done, even without spending billions.
I am not from Russia, so not be competent to comment it, but...

As I read web page of MHL, I know that there are some seminars for coaches. As I know, following one will be during Challenge Cup of MHL in february.

I dont know if there are some seminars for coaches in kids hockey. I think there SHOULD be.

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 03:53 PM
NMF78

The site of the IIHF show the number of Russian Hockey players (rather low for such a big country btw).

Anyone know how many football players Russia has?

About this thread, i see no reason why Russia wouldn't be able to do well in more then one sport...

NMF78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 04:46 PM
Purple hippo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMF78 View Post
The site of the IIHF show the number of Russian Hockey players (rather low for such a big country btw).

Anyone know how many football players Russia has?

About this thread, i see no reason why Russia wouldn't be able to do well in more then one sport...
From FIFA..
Registered players...846,736
Total number...5,802,536

Purple hippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 05:03 PM
NMF78

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenskaRiga View Post
From FIFA..
Registered players...846,736
Total number...5,802,536

thats quite a lot, then again if you look at Germany almost 1 in 5 of the people (counting unregistered players) play football there

NMF78 is offline   Reply With Quote