HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

played for first time in years

Old
12-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Waltah*

vCash: 500
played for first time in years

havent played roller hockey since the late 90's when i was a kid. I'm 25 yrs old.

key notes

1) im slightly out of shape, in my defense we were double/triple shifting because they were missing guys this weekend.

2) extremely glad i bought a full face cage, caught a 40+ mph ball DIRECTLY off the cage

3) i had an absolute blast, this is the greatest sport to play in the world. so much fun.

4) i need to work on my reaction time/speed. should have had a couple passes that i just missed with my feet or stick. half a second quicker and id have been good. i think thatll come as i play more though.

5) my feet are sore, hoping i man up and get used to it as my skates break in and i play more.

6) did i already say i had a blast? good times!

Waltah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 12:19 PM
Waltah*

couple fun things...

our first possession of the game i got into a 2 on 1, received pass and wristed it glove side. quite the way to introduce myself. few minutes later i had a beatiful deflection, ball was coming through the slot about a foot off the floor and i tried to block it. hit my stick and roofed it, lol. my bad!

also banged home a rebound in the slot. and my 3rd goal was a weird one... blind backhand slapper that had eyes through traffic from a bad angle.

ive got a ton to work on but had so much fun and did better then i though. just have to pace my self and work on defensive positioning.

Old
12-18-2010, 12:21 PM
Waltah*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltah View Post
few minutes later i had a beautiful deflection, ball was coming through the slot about a foot off the floor and i tried to block it. hit my stick and roofed it, lol. my bad!
my edit button is gone, but i was on defense on this one. thats why it was a "my bad"