HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sj-nsh

Old
12-18-2010, 07:17 PM
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch

vCash: 500
Sj-nsh

I know many of you are going to feel as though this proposal is very bad but.. i like it and feel as though it helps both teams.

To SJ

Suter
Ellis

To NSH

Pavelski
Doherty
Joslin
MacIntyre
1st 2011

This trade gives SJ a legit top 4 dman and a future legit top 4 dman who i really like.

Nash gets tons of forward help and a solid pmd that has shown NHL caliber skills as well as a very hard slapshot. the 1st rounder pursuades NSH to part with Ellis.

Anyone else think its fair?

CommanderShepard15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 07:19 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Not even close to fair. NSH doesn't trade Suter alone for that package.

internetdotcom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 07:42 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
Not even close to fair. NSH doesn't trade Suter alone for that package.
typical hyperbole around here.

You seriously consider moving Suter if Pavelski is on the table, let alone a package of very good prospects and NHL ready players. Not saying you do the deal, but 'not even close' is such crap.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 07:44 PM
Flames Fanatic
Man Shifty is Good!

I agree that Nashville says no. Suter is a huge piece of their team, and it shows when he is absent. In terms of pure value its probably pretty good, however, in real life, this doesn't help Nashville now.

Nashville, when the team is healthy, doesn't desperately need Pavs. They have Wilson, Legwand, Lombardi all capable of playing a top nine center role. While Pavs is definitely an upgrade, not at the cost of arguably their best player.

Now if SJ is really dead set on trading Pavs, Calgary will take him

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 07:47 PM
Dusk Soldier

Nashville wouldn't pay $4million for a forward.

Dusk Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 08:28 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
typical hyperbole around here.

You seriously consider moving Suter if Pavelski is on the table, let alone a package of very good prospects and NHL ready players. Not saying you do the deal, but 'not even close' is such crap.
Pavs is a good young forward, I don't dispute that. But a guy that had one good playoff series and who isn't even on pace for 60 points this year, plus some spare parts and what I'm sure would end up a low 1st (especially if Suter was on SJ), does not get you one of the best D-men in the league. I'm not a fan of either team, but if you want to get Suter out of Nashville, you have to overpay so much it would defeat the purpose of making the trade in the first place.

Old
12-18-2010, 08:56 PM
Soundgarden

Nashville says no, we don't trade our best D-man AND a top prospect.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 09:42 PM
Jeff Finger 4

your best D? well fine the sharks will gladly take weber, who is aparently the lowly #2

Jeff Finger 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 09:58 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Finger 4 View Post
your best D? well fine the sharks will gladly take weber, who is aparently the lowly #2
Teams can have two #1s you realise. I can see why plenty of Nashville Fans have Suter over Weber, Suter allows Weber to play the flashy game that he does.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 10:02 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Finger 4 View Post
Yes, our best D. Please watch one of our games. It's more of a 1A/B thing where Suter is more positionally sound and reliable and Weber shoots and hits harder and looks better, and is Canadian. They will both cost a very big overpayment.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 10:07 PM
DwightKSchrute

Classic example of quantity doesn't equal quality.

DwightKSchrute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 11:28 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon89 View Post
Classic example of quantity doesn't equal quality.
And this is a classic example of making comments on things you don't know much about. Pavelski is a quality asset. Doherty is a quality asset. MacIntyre is a quality asset. A 1st round pick, regardless of spot, is a quality asset.

Is the deal equal in terms of quality, not likely. However, in terms of value, this is a close deal. I just don't see why Nashville would do it. I also disagree that the price for Suter is such that it would be pointless to do so. It simply depends on the price and the Sharks have enough expendable quality assets to get a deal done.

As in, Suter and a dump, if necessary, for Pavs, Braun, Doherty, and a 1st is a deal that I would do and that the Preds might think strongly about but that would only happen in the off-season and certainly not now.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 11:54 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

Nash says no. We have no room for Pavelski when we get healthy. As stated a few times above, it would take a massive over payment for Suter alone, and adding Ellis just makes it that much more of a ridiculous over payment.

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 04:31 AM
Arkansas Shark
Underground Bunker

Man this thread is ridiculous. The Sharks already have a top pairing shutdown defenceman in Niclas Wallin

Arkansas Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 05:10 AM
svat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
And this is a classic example of making comments on things you don't know much about. Pavelski is a quality asset. Doherty is a quality asset. MacIntyre is a quality asset. A 1st round pick, regardless of spot, is a quality asset.

Is the deal equal in terms of quality, not likely. However, in terms of value, this is a close deal. I just don't see why Nashville would do it. I also disagree that the price for Suter is such that it would be pointless to do so. It simply depends on the price and the Sharks have enough expendable quality assets to get a deal done.

As in, Suter and a dump, if necessary, for Pavs, Braun, Doherty, and a 1st is a deal that I would do and that the Preds might think strongly about but that would only happen in the off-season and certainly not now.
when will people in this forum realize that just because an asset you are including has positive value, bundling up a few of those decent assets doesn't just add up like numbers in a math equation to acquire a legit star? Game changers don't get traded for 'nice assets', they usually just don't get traded.

svat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 09:45 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Quote:
Originally Posted by svat View Post
when will people in this forum realize that just because an asset you are including has positive value, bundling up a few of those decent assets doesn't just add up like numbers in a math equation to acquire a legit star? Game changers don't get traded for 'nice assets', they usually just don't get traded.
This. In math, 1+1+1+1+1 = 5. In NHL trades, this is not the case.

Old
12-19-2010, 10:08 AM
NewEraGM

First of all, Macintyre is not a quality asset. You just signed him as a free agent. He is 25 years old, never played an NHL game. All the other teams passed on him for a number of years. He is NOT a quality asset...

NewEraGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 10:17 AM
N O T O R I O U S
╱█████★█████╲

vCash: 50
I don't see Nashville doing this deal.

N O T O R I O U S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 11:37 AM
hockeyball

Quote:
Because 90% of the time that is exactly what happens. Very rare for these kinds of deals to go down 1-to-1.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 11:51 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

The problem with any trade for Weber and/or Suter is that they are the foundation of the Nashville Predators. If Nashville traded one of them they have to re-build the entire team. I know HF has hard ups for every defenseman in Nashville but guess what? Any person who's in the pipeline for Nashville is due to hit the wall that is Weber-Suter. That's why Timonen is in Philly, that's why Zanon is in Minnesota, that's why Hamhuis is in Vancouver.

Nashville will pay the world for Weber and Suter everyone else is expendable until they can dislodge one of them and make the team better. Why pay premium dollars for guys who are not playing top minutes?

So, if you want a deal for Weber and Suter, please note. They are not as good separately then together. You WILL pay through the nose to get them unless one of them says they want out. Suter is 1A, Weber is 1B.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 12:15 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Who's next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Because 90% of the time that is exactly what happens. Very rare for these kinds of deals to go down 1-to-1.
I don't think many defensemen as good as Suter get traded at age 25, let alone one on a steal of a contract for an additional year, so I don't see where you're getting precedent for this sort of thing. Pitkanen and Whitney are the closest comparables I guess, but both of them had issues that affected their value when they were dealt.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 12:39 PM
Nachoman AlfieSavage*

Not a chance nashville takes this. Adding a bunch of 1 dollar chips doesnt actually make the stack worth more.

If this deal is to get done, it starts like this.

Suter

for

Pavelski
1st
1st (or jose's best prospect)
+

Even then i dont know if nashville goes through with it.

Nachoman AlfieSavage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 01:44 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
And again, you're simply generalizing things because you don't know anything about the assets involved. Marginalizing someone like Pavelski as a 'nice asset' is severely misrepresenting his actual trade value.

The other assets, if you want to marginalize it, that's fine. However, guys like Suter from teams like Nashville, when they get traded, they get traded for those packages. Plain and simple. You don't EVER get the other team's best young assets...ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewEraGM View Post
First of all, Macintyre is not a quality asset. You just signed him as a free agent. He is 25 years old, never played an NHL game. All the other teams passed on him for a number of years. He is NOT a quality asset...
Actually, Cam MacIntyre is a quality asset. He went to four years of college and a lot of teams competed for his services when he was ready to sign. They didn't pass on him. He chose to sign in San Jose over quite a few teams because they offered him the best contract. Again, actually taking the time to know who the people are being discussed helps to know what their actual value is instead of just generalizing it into a quantity for quality trade. And even if you were given that MacIntyre isn't a quality asset, Pavelski is, Doherty is, and a 1st rounder is. And minus Ellis being in the deal, that's the kind of package a team like Nashville trades a player like Suter for.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 02:20 PM
Flutie Flakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckInTheNet View Post
I know many of you are going to feel as though this proposal is very bad but.. i like it and feel as though it helps both teams.

To SJ

Suter
Ellis

To NSH

Pavelski
Doherty
Joslin
MacIntyre
1st 2011

This trade gives SJ a legit top 4 dman and a future legit top 4 dman who i really like.

Nash gets tons of forward help and a solid pmd that has shown NHL caliber skills as well as a very hard slapshot. the 1st rounder pursuades NSH to part with Ellis.

Anyone else think its fair?
Change Doherty, Joslin, and MacIntyre out and replace with Couture and the value would be closer...

TO SJ

Suter OR Weber
Ellis

TO NSH

Pavelski
Couture
1st

Flutie Flakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 02:55 PM
predfan24

Suter and Weber ARE the Nashville Predators. Don't understand why people can't get that through their skulls. Without even one of them the team becomes significantly worse.

I like Pavelski but Suter or Weber are not available. It would destroy our team.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote