HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ interest in Del Zotto?

Old
12-20-2010, 06:23 AM
Feicht

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
I hear Howson is also "interested in" Charlize Theron. I bet he makes that happen before he pulls off a trade for Del Zotto.

Awesome

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 09:56 AM
Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post

Besides we trade Filatov in a harsh bargain he will begin to play with his potential and what for us? Eyes for crying.
Yeah, thank god we didn't trade Brule or Picard when their value was still high.

Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 10:15 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk View Post
Yeah, thank god we didn't trade Brule or Picard when their value was still high.
Bad comparing

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 10:22 AM
Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Bad comparing
Only time will tell. I don't actually believe that's the case, but nobody would have believed the same about Brule or Picard, either.

Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 10:49 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

With all the talk about Filatov's failures and potential trade value, seems to me that he still provides the promise of something we sorely lack - scoring. Nope, he hasn't done it in the NHL, this year (or for that matter, in the AHL, yet), but can we afford to discard a commodity so rare in this organization? I know the problems with the defense and the goaltending, but putting points on the board is just as great a necessity, so I doubt that Howson really wants to move one of the few pieces he has that might help in that area.

So now watch him move him for a grinder or fighter! Show me how much I know.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 11:06 AM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
With all the talk about Filatov's failures and potential trade value, seems to me that he still provides the promise of something we sorely lack - scoring. Nope, he hasn't done it in the NHL, this year (or for that matter, in the AHL, yet), but can we afford to discard a commodity so rare in this organization? I know the problems with the defense and the goaltending, but putting points on the board is just as great a necessity, so I doubt that Howson really wants to move one of the few pieces he has that might help in that area.

So now watch him move him for a grinder or fighter! Show me how much I know.
What value does Filatov have at this point? I think we are well beyond the point that we'd get anything near his potential. You're looking at another Brule for Torres type of deal at this moment. We need Torres+ - i.e. we need a top 6 forward. At this point, better to stick it out with Filatov and hope he turns it around.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 11:10 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
At this point, better to stick it out with Filatov and hope he turns it around.
My feeling, as well.

Old
12-20-2010, 12:22 PM
Hipster Letestu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
when can we cue porty's tweet to put the kibash on this rumor
Today apparently:

Quote:
Sources tell Dispatch that #NYR GM Glen Sather inquired about Fedor Tyutin when #CBJ scratched him last week, and #CBJ GM Scott Howson ... inquired about D MIchael Del Zotto when he was scratched by #NYR. No Tyutin/Filatov - Del Zotto trade was discussed, just 2 GMs sniffing

Hipster Letestu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 12:36 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by astall35 View Post
Today apparently:
More smoke there than in the usual Internet rumor.

Old
12-22-2010, 03:23 AM
kova

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooten View Post
I'd love to see it happen, though, if the price were right. One tweet mentioned Mason+Filatov for MDZ. There'd have to be a pick coming back, and even then, I don't see how we could do it with no 2nd NHL quality goaltender in the organization. If they were to pull off getting Boucher, Huet or Nabokov, that would obviously make it possible..
The Rangers have no need for Mason. Hank > Mase, and at this point, Biron > Mase.

Also: hell yes to whoever said MDZ is not solid in the defensive zone. I watch every Rangers game; trust me when I say he's a liability. His scoring is also way down this year.

The Rangers do overvalue him a bit, but as many people have noted, that type of defenseman is rare and if there is any chance he will become a strong offensive defenseman (which there is), he's worth holding on to.

Fingers crossed he comes out of this slump!

kova is offline   Reply With Quote