HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Blue Jackets Looking At Del Zotto?

Old
12-20-2010, 11:58 PM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Boyle has worked with offensive-wizards like Prust, Boogaard, Avery, and Fedentenko. He's earned most of his goals.

I wouldn't expect him to maintain this pace though, but he could be an extremely valuable asset. Hustles, is a monster, has improved his skating dramatically, and can chip in a few goals. One of the best 4th liners in the league. You don't often see guys that big with soft hands.
At this point, I'd consider him a borderline 2nd/3rd liner. He sure looks like it on a nightly basis. He may be the best chance creating player we have on the team. I can't remember ONE game where he hasn't created some type of scoring chance.

Neutral Milk Hotel are literally GOAT
Amy Poehler <3

Credit to Ail for the sig.
BrianBoyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 12:14 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion
CarciLOL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
At this point, I'd consider him a borderline 2nd/3rd liner. He sure looks like it on a nightly basis. He may be the best chance creating player we have on the team. I can't remember ONE game where he hasn't created some type of scoring chance.
Aaron Voros was a borderline 2nd/3rd liner at one point in his life too

Boyle understands the game though, and has talent, unlike the human punching bag. I expected him to improve, despite most rangers fans (on hfboards) wanted him traded, or waived not-so-many months ago.

He's no 2nd liner though. Never will be. He doesn't create offensive on his own; he's simply capitalizing on his chances, compared to some of his peers.

I'll bet you a dollar he doesn't average 15G+ a season from here on out, during the remainder of his career.

Take the bet?

Boom Boom Geoffrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 12:19 AM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

vCash: 300
Quote:
Aaron Voros was a borderline 2nd/3rd liner at one point in his life too
Don't even go up that alley, man. Don't even go there.

Quote:
Boyle understands the game though, and has talent, unlike the human punching bag. I expected him to improve, despite most rangers fans (on hfboards) wanted him traded, or waived not-so-many months ago.
I was one of the few who wanted to keep him.

And yes, he has an exceptional talent level for a guy who's 6'7. Soft hands, and has a good head on his shoulders.

Quote:
He's no 2nd liner though. Never will be. He doesn't create offensive on his own; he's simply capitalizing on his chances, compared to some of his peers.
I disagree. I see him creating plenty of chances for himself. You have to remember; he was technically a rookie last year. He's far from experienced in this league, and has all the room in the world to improve. If he works on his finish, he can be a solid 20 goal scorer.

Quote:
I'll bet you a dollar he doesn't average 15G+ a season from here on out, during the remainder of his career.

Take the bet?
Yes, I do, good sir.

Don't think I'll forget.

BrianBoyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 12:48 AM
Crede777
Deputized

vCash: 500
Quote:
Boyle has worked with offensive-wizards like Prust, Boogaard, Avery, and Fedentenko. He's earned most of his goals.
I wasn't criticizing Boyle, I was criticizing the Jackets' management. They're like a black hole that sucks in talent and destroys it.

Crede777 is online now   Reply With Quote