HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Frolov to Salavat Yulaev Ufa (KHL)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-19-2010, 09:23 PM
  #26
Killem Dafoe
Global Moderator
Regular Salad
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 17,564
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens mile View Post
Oh man you are right, I should keep my mouth shut.

You guys looked great in the playoffs last year....oh wait
Well atleast you guys are not a heavy spending team, the lack of playoffs is understandable...oh wait
Well atleast that 1st round pick made his WJC team.....oh wait
Well atleast that 1st round pick looked good on his invite and may be back next year...oh wait
Well atlleast you are 5th in your confrence.....oh wait you have three teams below you have three of less games than the Rangers and are closely following.
Well atleast you UFA signings are going well. Redden's six year 39 million dollar contract has realy been a great influence on Hartford.
Your captain really performed well last year, 32 points, thats seven million dollars well spent.
Boogards contract is working well also, a 1.625 million dollar fighter was a great plan.

Hey but Sather is good at trades, he is great.

That Todd White aquisition is amazing.......actually scratch that
Scott Gomez trade was great, he did a great job weasling out of the terrible contract he signed/
That Lisin trade is great he did an amazing job earning that Russian KHL contract.
He got rid of Kotalik, another great job fixing SATHERS MISTAKE

Sooooo please before you insult my merit as a objective observer, think instead of being so caught up in your fanhood.

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 09:27 PM
  #27
HVPOLARBEARS19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NY
Country: Israel
Posts: 2,055
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens mile View Post
Oh man you are right, I should keep my mouth shut.

You guys looked great in the playoffs last year....oh wait
Well atleast you guys are not a heavy spending team, the lack of playoffs is understandable...oh wait
Well atleast that 1st round pick made his WJC team.....oh wait
Well atleast that 1st round pick looked good on his invite and may be back next year...oh wait
Well atlleast you are 5th in your confrence.....oh wait you have three teams below you have three of less games than the Rangers and are closely following.
Well atleast you UFA signings are going well. Redden's six year 39 million dollar contract has realy been a great influence on Hartford.
Your captain really performed well last year, 32 points, thats seven million dollars well spent.
Boogards contract is working well also, a 1.625 million dollar fighter was a great plan.

Hey but Sather is good at trades, he is great.

That Todd White aquisition is amazing.......actually scratch that
Scott Gomez trade was great, he did a great job weasling out of the terrible contract he signed/
That Lisin trade is great he did an amazing job earning that Russian KHL contract.
He got rid of Kotalik, another great job fixing SATHERS MISTAKE

Sooooo please before you insult my merit as a objective observer, think instead of being so caught up in your fanhood.
What exactly are you trying to prove in this post aside from the fact that you have an agenda against the Rangers? I like the fact that you ONLY point out the negatives of Sather's run in NY, and don't mention a single positive thing (drafting of Stepan, Dubinsky, Callahan, Lundqvist etc etc etc, trading for Prust, trading for Boyle who has completely revitalized his career, picking Prospal of the scrap heap...I can go on and on)...it completely discredits whatever point you attempted to make.

Not to mention, you're really grasping at straws if you mention the Lisin trade...oh well, at least Jonathan Cheechoo is having a good season for the Worcester Sharks, to go along with Michalek's 12 points, proving that the Sens are the only team in the NHL never to have something go against them.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 09:35 PM
  #28
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens mile View Post
Oh man you are right, I should keep my mouth shut.

You guys looked great in the playoffs last year....oh wait
Well atleast you guys are not a heavy spending team, the lack of playoffs is understandable...oh wait
Well atleast that 1st round pick made his WJC team.....oh wait
Well atleast that 1st round pick looked good on his invite and may be back next year...oh wait
Well atlleast you are 5th in your confrence.....oh wait you have three teams below you have three of less games than the Rangers and are closely following.
Well atleast you UFA signings are going well. Redden's six year 39 million dollar contract has realy been a great influence on Hartford.
Your captain really performed well last year, 32 points, thats seven million dollars well spent.
Boogards contract is working well also, a 1.625 million dollar fighter was a great plan.

Hey but Sather is good at trades, he is great.

That Todd White aquisition is amazing.......actually scratch that
Scott Gomez trade was great, he did a great job weasling out of the terrible contract he signed/
That Lisin trade is great he did an amazing job earning that Russian KHL contract.
He got rid of Kotalik, another great job fixing SATHERS MISTAKE

Sooooo please before you insult my merit as a objective observer, think instead of being so caught up in your fanhood.
You won't find a bigger Sather basher on HFBoards than me. I literally loathe the man and will jump for joy the day he is no longer affiliated with the Rangers. Yet even I can see that you are anything but objective.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 09:40 PM
  #29
Sens Mile
Registered User
 
Sens Mile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HVPOLARBEARS19 View Post
What exactly are you trying to prove in this post aside from the fact that you have an agenda against the Rangers? I like the fact that you ONLY point out the negatives of Sather's run in NY, and don't mention a single positive thing (drafting of Stepan, Dubinsky, Callahan, Lundqvist etc etc etc, trading for Prust, trading for Boyle who has completely revitalized his career, picking Prospal of the scrap heap...I can go on and on)...it completely discredits whatever point you attempted to make.

Not to mention, you're really grasping at straws if you mention the Lisin trade...oh well, at least Jonathan Cheechoo is having a good season for the Worcester Sharks, to go along with Michalek's 12 points, proving that the Sens are the only team in the NHL never to have something go against them.
Ah a wise guy I like that. I will adress the latter paragraph first, I am on the fire the Murrays bandwagon, would not be overly emotional if Clouston is gone either. You are preaching to the choir, I think both GM's are not that good. I want Paul Fenton out of Nashville badly.

Second, agenda against the Rangers? You sound like a four year old, I've gone against guys from the Islanders among other teams, I could care less. I appreciate the jobs of the Predators, Wings, Kings, Blackhawks. I think Tallon is off to a tremendous start in Florida. I could care less about personal feelings towards teams, If the Leafs made a trade that worked out well, I would aknowledge it.

That Boyle trade he made, it was good, I have no problem aknowledging that. But to say the drafting is all Sather is a little foolish don't you think? Sather is not the one out there doing the amateur scouting, the amateurs scouts are. Sather had probably only really good knowledge on the first round. The deficiancy in Sather's performance does not diminish some of the amateur scouts performances.

Its his inability to sign contracts that are successful and financially stable that makes him a bad GM. He has also got the team in a bad limbo of not being good enough to make, or perform well in the playoffs, and bad enough to re-build. There is major problems in New York if there are any Stanley Cup asparations in the next four years.

Sens Mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 09:43 PM
  #30
Sens Mile
Registered User
 
Sens Mile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
You won't find a bigger Sather basher on HFBoards than me. I literally loathe the man and will jump for joy the day he is no longer affiliated with the Rangers. Yet even I can see that you are anything but objective.
Buddy I am completley objective, my opinion is honestly that bad of his performance. Just because I think the GM is not good does not mean that I have something agaisnt the team. I like the Rangers history and like most of the original six teams, don't judge me because I think that he has made some bad decisions

Sens Mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 09:48 PM
  #31
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens mile View Post
Buddy I am completley objective, my opinion is honestly that bad of his performance. Just because I think the GM is not good does not mean that I have something agaisnt the team. I like the Rangers history and like most of the original six teams, don't judge me because I think that he has made some bad decisions
If you want to bash Sather, there is more than enough material there. You don't have to grasp at straws like the Lisin trade, or the White trade, or the team's current performance (which can't be termed as anything but positive considering the injuries this season). Or better yet, if you don't know what you're talking about, don't say anything. He didn't trade for Todd White, he traded to get rid of Brashear's contract. If he didn't trade Korpikoski for Lisin, he probably would have lost Korpikoski for nothing.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 09:56 PM
  #32
Sens Mile
Registered User
 
Sens Mile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
If you want to bash Sather, there is more than enough material there. You don't have to grasp at straws like the Lisin trade, or the White trade, or the team's current performance (which can't be termed as anything but positive considering the injuries this season). Or better yet, if you don't know what you're talking about, don't say anything. He didn't trade for Todd White, he traded to get rid of Brashear's contract. If he didn't trade Korpikoski for Lisin, he probably would have lost Korpikoski for nothing.
I am not grasping at straws, I like Korpokoski. And yes they did lose him for nothing. I feel I do know what I am talking about. I agree with you, its a miracle they are doing this well this year. They could of kept Brashear and not aquired Boogard, that is what I would of wanted. You are the one grasping at straws, the only two arguments you have against me are that they had to get rid of Brashear, which I aknowledge, but that is only because of the terrible Boogard contract. The Korpikoski argument you threw out kind of does not have merit behind it. I gave a personal opinion, stop trying to make it sound like it is a personal attack.

Sens Mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 09:59 PM
  #33
Killem Dafoe
Global Moderator
Regular Salad
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 17,564
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens mile View Post
Buddy I am completley objective, my opinion is honestly that bad of his performance. Just because I think the GM is not good does not mean that I have something agaisnt the team. I like the Rangers history and like most of the original six teams, don't judge me because I think that he has made some bad decisions
i come in peace. only to say that he's referring to the fact that you only brought up negative things against the Rangers in general. you were trying to prove a point that you knew what you were talking about regarding the Rangers and that you observe the team and can construct a reasonable observation about the organization. you came out of the gates like someone filled with meaness. you meany. i would have threw in a few positive things about the Rangers too, which would have made your point as well as kept you off the burner.

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 10:07 PM
  #34
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens mile View Post
I am not grasping at straws, I like Korpokoski. And yes they did lose him for nothing. I feel I do know what I am talking about. I agree with you, its a miracle they are doing this well this year. They could of kept Brashear and not aquired Boogard, that is what I would of wanted. You are the one grasping at straws, the only two arguments you have against me are that they had to get rid of Brashear, which I aknowledge, but that is only because of the terrible Boogard contract. The Korpikoski argument you threw out kind of does not have merit behind it. I gave a personal opinion, stop trying to make it sound like it is a personal attack.
You're out of your element.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 10:09 PM
  #35
Sens Mile
Registered User
 
Sens Mile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrcantakeyou View Post
i come in peace. only to say that he's referring to the fact that you only brought up negative things against the Rangers in general. you were trying to prove a point that you knew what you were talking about regarding the Rangers and that you observe the team and can construct a reasonable observation about the organization. you came out of the gates like someone filled with meaness. you meany. i would have threw in a few positive things about the Rangers too, which would have made your point as well as kept you off the burner.
Don't worry, I come in peace also buddy, I don;t consider myself a keyboard warrior. I was not referring to the Rangers fans, loyalty, I was aknowledging what their GM has done. My obsersation is not meant to insult or attack, I was pointing out to buddy with the Jam Avatar that Sather and Torts jobs are definitely in trouble. There are not millions of positive things about the Rangers, as the Senators

Sens Mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 10:10 PM
  #36
Sens Mile
Registered User
 
Sens Mile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
You're out of your element.

Sens Mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 10:36 PM
  #37
DrZoidberg
Registered User
 
DrZoidberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens mile View Post
Don't worry, I come in peace also buddy, I don;t consider myself a keyboard warrior. I was not referring to the Rangers fans, loyalty, I was aknowledging what their GM has done. My obsersation is not meant to insult or attack, I was pointing out to buddy with the Jam Avatar that Sather and Torts jobs are definitely in trouble. There are not millions of positive things about the Rangers, as the Senators
Sather can keep the job as long as he wants. The fans are really starting to get attached to Torts because of his system and what he's getting out of his players. His players already love him (at least the ones who matter, like the young kids).

Seriously, stop being bitter. You look like a

DrZoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 11:04 PM
  #38
Jerry Lundegaard
Sutter for Captain
 
Jerry Lundegaard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,035
vCash: 500
good. I want all them all to go to the KHL.

Jerry Lundegaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 04:15 AM
  #39
FootKnight
This ****ing team
 
FootKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,271
vCash: 500
That's pretty dissapointing. I still like Frolov and was hoping he would find some success playing on the Rags. He's always had his problems, but I thought he might be able to work with Gaborik.

Sucks to see a talented player leave the NHL, if he goes, but he just hasn't been fitting in the last few years. Oh well, I wish him luck either way.

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 05:00 AM
  #40
NickPerriNYR
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 190
vCash: 500
Uhhh... no. I don't think you can do that without permission from the team. Just another native country report hoping to stir things up. Remember: Zuccarello Back To Sweden? (I know he isn't Swedish, but they wanted him back, the rumor was 100% false).
Frolov's going nowhere. he has picked his game up int he last four games, and he is receiving a lot more ice-time.

NickPerriNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 01:42 PM
  #41
NYRbrah
Registered User
 
NYRbrah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Long Island/Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 39
vCash: 500
Frolov's a keeper in my opinion. His effort level has elevated for sure the last few games and you can see him really earning his playing time. Small cap hit, one year, leave it be and maybe a trading piece if we aren't in a playoff position.

NYRbrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 01:43 PM
  #42
Josh Deitell
Registered User
 
Josh Deitell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 3,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
sounds like you are just looking at his stat sheet and not his actual games. Maybe he is "adjusting" to East coast hockey but he also is a professional player getting paid millions. I don't have energy to check but I'm sure he had plenty of points with the Kings vs East Coast teams. His problem is he needs Kopitar or a similar player to be effective. He doesn't have in him to make offense on his own. And last I checked, the Rangers were tied for 4th in the league. I doubt Torts or Sather need to do anything to "keep their jobs" other than exactly what they are doing right now.
Frolov played with Kopitar once in a blue moon last year. 90% of the time he was out there with Handzus and Simmonds.

He's a 40-60 point player who always seems like he'll be able to produce more, but he really can't.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 03:04 PM
  #43
Martyros
Allow me to retort
 
Martyros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Holly Hood
Country: Armenia
Posts: 5,924
vCash: 500
Frolov left the Kings to go to a team in need of scoring so he'd play more......How's that workin' out for ya? He's also on pace to score even LESS than he did last year, playing on a stopper line which was so damn effective! Frolov is the "problem", not the coach....because, you know, he's had about 5 different coaches telling him the same damn thing.

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.