Igor Griogrenko

Old
12-22-2010, 12:29 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

vCash: 500
Igor Griogrenko

Hi,
Glad to see that Grigorenko had become a productive player again. I had high hopes for him as a Red Wing and was sure he was going to follow Datsyuk and Zetterberg to give the Wings three straight years with a great rookie forward. I bet he'd have been a star on Datsyuk's wing, but the car crash ruined everything.
I see he really improved last year and is even better this year.
TO me, the big problem was he was to heavy, too slow, and had poor lungs, when he was in North America.
Has he worked on his weight, speed and conditioning?

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 02:57 AM
TatarBashqort

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Hi,
Glad to see that Grigorenko had become a productive player again. I had high hopes for him as a Red Wing and was sure he was going to follow Datsyuk and Zetterberg to give the Wings three straight years with a great rookie forward. I bet he'd have been a star on Datsyuk's wing, but the car crash ruined everything.
I see he really improved last year and is even better this year.
TO me, the big problem was he was to heavy, too slow, and had poor lungs, when he was in North America.
Has he worked on his weight, speed and conditioning?

Hi there, Igor is playing the team i support Salavat Yulaev Ufa, so i can assure you he's fine, his breakout started last season, he's progressing a lot, i'm very happy he's back in Team Russia also

about the weight he's still power-type guy (it's his physiology) but i don't see overweight on him, his pace is good and also his skating improved a lot, so now he's playing with Patrick Thoresen and Alexander Radulov on the 1st line (as a center) both are very energetic driving forwards so if he was slow he wouldn't fit on this line but he does.

as for stats:
this season he has hat-trick and summary is - 25points(15g+10a) in 28 games (third on the team after Radulov and Thoresen) he's second sniper on the team after Thoresen and 8th sniper of the

his game is very tough, he's not so easy to move from the puck or from the screening of goalie, also as advantages very nice powerful shot and as i said he's skaiting is much more better now as well as his hands, also he's doing more defence this season using his body usefuly, as a minus thou he's hockey iq is not on the level of such guys as Nilsson or Radulov, so the coach is using him in very right direction - he is more of pure finisher on the team

TatarBashqort is offline   Reply With Quote