HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Horrible way to start the road trip.

Old
12-19-2010, 10:40 PM
llamateizer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post
Daniel Winnik is a HUGE factor for this team. He's been an amazing pickup for us. Awesome penalty killer, very strong along the boards, good defensively, and chips in offensively time to time.

The bottom 2 though, you are right, they are not very big losses.
thanks for pointing out
i didnt knew the importance of Winnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Milan Hejduk
Chris Stewart
Peter Mueller

I'll leave out these three.

Daniel Winnik [Very solid 3rd liner and our best PKer, was missing tonight's game due to sickness.]
Kyle Quincey [Having a terrible season, but still has potential to be a 3-5 spot defenseman.]
Kyle Cumiskey [Probably the fastest skater in the league with the skill set of a ECHLer]

All in all Cumiskey was replaced by Hunwick.

Also what did you guys think of O'Byrne tonight?
I found o'byrne really good, but a bit nervous (which is normal). Played physically and pretty well defensively. the only negative point is that he was too much stay at home defense (not taking any risk).

Im really happy for him plus its a western team, so it doesn't hurt us too much ^^

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 10:41 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by husamus156 View Post
thanks for pointing out
i didnt knew the importance of Winnik

I found o'byrne really good, but a bit nervous (which is normal). Played physically and pretty well defensively. the only negative point is that he was too much stay at home defense (not taking any risk).

Im really happy for him plus its a western team, so it doesn't hurt us too much ^^
Same could be said for Cammalleri! Effin Beast!

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 10:43 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Second Avs goal had an odour to it, and I am surprised that nobody has raised an issue with the Avs 3rd goal - it was offside. O'Reilly is a hair ahead of the puck over the line.

Anyhoo, that's at least a point that got away.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 10:44 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

How the hell did they count that 3rd Colorado goal? He basically just knocked it in with his body.

Picard with another brutal play leading to a goal tonight, I hope JM gets the message, he should have been sitting tonight after the last 3-4 games.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 10:44 PM
NewHabsEra*

More I read this board more Im desapointed, Preds fans probably know better about hockey than the average Habs fan...

Bashing Brunet and Houle for bashing A.Kost is rather ridiculous, anyone knowing a bit about this game is aware that A.Kost can be such a frustrating player to watch, coasting, not involved in the action and just not ready to play a hockey game.. There is nothing wrong about being disgusted about his effort level, especially when you see all these kids blossoming in the NHL, even Grabovski is making A.Kost looks like a gutless lazzy bum.. but what I know, Martin is probably an idiot for benching him as well..

Habs played good tonight?? Wanna laugh?? Have you already started drinking? Its without a doubt one of the worst D performance this season, all pairings looked brutal, Martin didnt break them and hasnt put 5 fowards at the end for fun, it was a clear message toward his blueline.. AVS clearly outplayed the Habs in the 2 first periods, this game should have been out of reach after the 2nd and I felt the AVS werent their usual self, they werent pushing too hard tonight, they played a pretty average game..Habs played a decent 3rd but the AVS are a pretty young and unexperimented team still struggling to play with the lead... Unless that blueline can come back playing at a decent level, we will get destroyed in this trip!

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 10:45 PM
JrHockeyFan

The Avs have a pretty good club. Trying to pretend otherwise doesn't win any arguments about losing tonite.

They have some injuries, so yeah they could have fielded a stronger lineup. Saying that isn't true proves nothing either

Some breaks went their way. Sure. But the fact remains we have to bury the chances we have. If there is one thing I'd like them to fix, it's that. Change the lines or bring in somebody, just don't continue this pattern. We need somebody to be clutch

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 10:46 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Well, you can denigrate the balance of the NW division leading Avalanche all you want, but all the guys on that poster's list average(d) 17+ minutes per game over the season so far (Winnick the lowest at 16:56/game), so yeah... that's a lot of minutes to "easily replace" for any squad.
woah, i didnt checked thoses time on ice.
I heard about thoses players but havent evaluated their impacts

Old
12-19-2010, 10:48 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
So it's stupid to say we are without some good players, because we still have some good players left in the lineup? Thats bizarre logic.

Hejduk (31 points in 28 games)
Stewart (25 points in 23 games)
Mueller (Hasn't played this season, but a very talented top six forward)
Daniel Winnik (One of the top PKers on the team)
Kyle Quincey (Top four dman, but has struggled this season)
Kyle Cumiskey(Bottom pairing dman)

I'd say that is missing some top end players. 2 guys over a PPG, and Mueller who is a top six forward himself.
Dude, don't even bother, some people in here are

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 10:48 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
How the hell did they count that 3rd Colorado goal? He basically just knocked it in with his body.

Picard with another brutal play leading to a goal tonight, I hope JM gets the message, he should have been sitting tonight after the last 3-4 games.
it wasnt intentionnal.

Old
12-19-2010, 10:49 PM
le_sean

I don't really like PK's game right now. He's either too aggressive or too nonchalant.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 10:50 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCareyPrice View Post
Second Avs goal had an odour to it, and I am surprised that nobody has raised an issue with the Avs 3rd goal - it was offside. O'Reilly is a hair ahead of the puck over the line.

You know what though? It's entirely unrealistic to expect linesmen to get 100% of all "by a hair" calls exactly right... or should I say, it's entirely unrealistic for any team, including OUR favourite team, to avoid getting burned by the odd "too close to call" play. The game is fast, and the exact edges of the lines can be a bit fuzzy by the end of games.

I mean, a few people felt the need to frame-by-frame their PVRs, etc, to see if it really was off side or not. No one just watched the play a second time (luxury linesmen don't have) at normal speed to see if THEY could have gotten that call right 10 times out of 10 now, did they?

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 10:57 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCareyPrice View Post

its not the reason of our loss

technically yes, but we managed to miss empty nets and the 3 goals are the results of turnouvers

Old
12-19-2010, 10:58 PM
JackZap

get rid of Picard and AK

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 11:00 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GobiasIndustries View Post
Avs fan here. I was really blown away by Lars Eller, he is so shifty and makes so much room for himself with his stickhandling.
Alas, dumbo (Martin) doesn't agree with you. Everybody here does though. I guess we'll have to add him to the list of players who won't improve here due to our coach's management.

Which young player within the organization didn't he manage to **** up just yet? Every single one had negative progressions.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 11:03 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
So it's stupid to say we are without some good players, because we still have some good players left in the lineup? Thats bizarre logic.

Hejduk (31 points in 28 games)
Stewart (25 points in 23 games)
Mueller (Hasn't played this season, but a very talented top six forward)
Daniel Winnik (One of the top PKers on the team)
Kyle Quincey (Top four dman, but has struggled this season)
Kyle Cumiskey(Bottom pairing dman)

I'd say that is missing some top end players. 2 guys over a PPG, and Mueller who is a top six forward himself.
Mueller hasn't been a consistent top 6 in 2 years even when healthy.

But I think too many are reading into this, the Av's have a good team and have depth so even with injury they are a good team.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 11:03 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Kinda feels like the opposite of last season right now. Whereas a year ago the team would stink out the joint and find some way to win, now I can't find a lot of fault with the team's play. It's not perfect by any means, but they can't seem to buy a break lately. Much of that has to do with their lack of offensive punch, so I'd love to see another top 6 forward added to the team in the new year.

A top 4 d would also help cut down on the brain farts.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 11:04 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Same could be said for Cammalleri! Effin Beast!
Little note for you pal:

Habs fans here won't ever give Cammalleri proper credit. They will rather brag about how Gionta nad Plekanec are more essential to this team's offense.

Without Cammalleri, our offense would be laughable. He and Plekanec are the only two gifted players with the ability to put on a show from time to time.

Oh, and they'll also tell you how Gionta is a better fit with Plekanec and how Kostitsyn has more chemestry with Plekanec than Cammalleri does.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 11:04 PM
KristoLeblanc*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
get rid of Picard and AK
We struggle at scoring goal and producing offense and lets get rid of our 3rd best scorer on the team. Only Plekanec and Cammalleri have more points.

Real good idea there, slack Brunet's cool aid.

If AK doesn't win his battle along the board in the first, Cammalleri don't score that goal

KristoLeblanc* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 11:09 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
You know what though? It's entirely unrealistic to expect linesmen to get 100% of all "by a hair" calls exactly right... or should I say, it's entirely unrealistic for any team, including OUR favourite team, to avoid getting burned by the odd "too close to call" play. The game is fast, and the exact edges of the lines can be a bit fuzzy by the end of games.

I mean, a few people felt the need to frame-by-frame their PVRs, etc, to see if it really was off side or not. No one just watched the play a second time (luxury linesmen don't have) at normal speed to see if THEY could have gotten that call right 10 times out of 10 now, did they?
Right you are, but this game truly was one of those that was a blink and a bounce away from being a point or 2 better in the standings. It doesn't require the usual fan distortions to imagine a better outcome. Let's put an asterisk beside it and hope it's not haunting us later. And to be honest, I did frame forward the play after the game was over because my initial impression was that it was offside. I'll call it 6-8 inches offside and keep my personal expectations intact that ruling should be (and is) made correctly almost all the time.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 11:11 PM
m00ks

Was very very impressed with the Avs. Effing fast counterattacking team. No wonder they lead the NHL for goals for.

Still. I wouldn't hit the panic button just yet. Our losses seemed like very winnable games and its not like we've played terribly, just haven't been opportunistic. The PK-Picard pairing is looking pretty ****** right now though....

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 11:16 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristoLeblanc View Post
We struggle at scoring goal and producing offense and lets get rid of our 3rd best scorer on the team. Only Plekanec and Cammalleri have more points.

Real good idea there, slack Brunet's cool aid.

If AK doesn't win his battle along the board in the first, Cammalleri don't score that goal
well im not saying u trade AK for a 4th liner. If u can get another top 6 guy for him, I would. Guy is frustrating to watch

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 11:17 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
But I think too many are reading into this, the Av's have a good team and have depth so even with injury they are a good team.
All for just a $46 million in cap hit, btw. Depth that's both cheap AND talented... wowzers.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 11:17 PM
Bieber fever

teams in the west are so good........I don't see how the habs can compete vs the Avs with their full line up

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 11:18 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

So is it back to open season in front of the net? Darche has taken some serious cross checks to the back in the last two games.

I think anderson gave him the old whack and run just after the final buzzer too.

Give the man some ice bags.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 11:18 PM
Habnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Habs are completely healthy. The Avs are without some pretty damn good players.

We're just a mid pack team with a good goalie.
Hello.....Markov?

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote