HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where does Miller rank in Sabres history

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-18-2010, 01:53 PM
  #1
HogtownSabresfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,395
vCash: 500
Where does Miller rank in Sabres history

My top five goalies (based on Sabre years)

1. Hasek (no one is close, including Ryan)
2. Don Edwards
3. Ryan Miller
4. Tom Barr*******
5. Bob Sauve


it is impossible to compare goalie stats across eras, IMO

HogtownSabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 03:02 PM
  #2
Mergus merganser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,303
vCash: 500
Flip Miller and Don Edwards and you got it right.

Hell, I'd actually put Suave ahead of Edwards too.

Mergus merganser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 03:05 PM
  #3
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,114
vCash: 67
Ultimately, I expect Miller to be thought of as the #2 in Sabres history. He's going to be far and away the all-time wins leader in the organization's history.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 04:35 PM
  #4
Shmuffalo
Jack Eichel Fan
 
Shmuffalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: PITT via BFLO
Country: United States
Posts: 2,020
vCash: 500
If we're just ranking goalies, I'd say he's number 2.

Shmuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 04:52 PM
  #5
SuperNintendoChalmrs
Registered User
 
SuperNintendoChalmrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 3,569
vCash: 500
Before last season, I always thought Edwards as #2. Miller jumped ahead of Edwards after last season.

1. Hasek
2. Miller
3. Edwards
4. Sauve
5. Barrasso

SuperNintendoChalmrs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 05:01 PM
  #6
static80
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Costanza View Post
If we're just ranking goalies, I'd say he's number 2.
If were just ranking goalies I'd put Fuhr and Marlachuk ahead of Miller.
Fuhr for his efforts on a very bad defensive team and Marlachuk for coming back in 11 days after a near life ending injury on the ice during a game.

Both of those guys get a great deal of respect from many like myself due to the circumstances they played in.

But if I forego those 2, Miller would be #3, Edwards is still #2 in my book. Played with much smaller equipment and did a fantastic job for the team.

static80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 05:02 PM
  #7
oldgoalie
Things looking up!
 
oldgoalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,898
vCash: 500
no love for Roger Crozier?

And as much as I dislike Barasso, he's got a ring...

oldgoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 05:04 PM
  #8
HogtownSabresfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergus merganser View Post
Flip Miller and Don Edwards and you got it right.

Hell, I'd actually put Suave ahead of Edwards too.
I might agree with but you Edwards was the #1. That was a helluva tandem. Remember Suave blanking Habs in playoffs?
To me, Miller still has a ton to prove. Last year was his break out season and I don't think it was as good as any of Hasek's Vezina seasons.
There's very little love for Dom in Buffalo I think because of the way he left but man I loved it when he would stone teams and we'd be outshot 40-15 or something. Opposition fans would be hystercal about how they were the better team EXCEPT....

HogtownSabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 05:35 PM
  #9
mechaphil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BFLO
Country: United States
Posts: 1,133
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to mechaphil
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoalie View Post
no love for Roger Crozier?

And as much as I dislike Barasso, he's got a ring...
With the Pens.

mechaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 11:04 PM
  #10
HogtownSabresfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechaphil View Post
With the Pens.
Exactly.

HogtownSabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 05:29 PM
  #11
OkimLom
Registered User
 
OkimLom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogtownSabresfan View Post
I might agree with but you Edwards was the #1. That was a helluva tandem. Remember Suave blanking Habs in playoffs?
To me, Miller still has a ton to prove. Last year was his break out season and I don't think it was as good as any of Hasek's Vezina seasons.
There's very little love for Dom in Buffalo I think because of the way he left but man I loved it when he would stone teams and we'd be outshot 40-15 or something. Opposition fans would be hystercal about how they were the better team EXCEPT....
Personnally, I think there is nothing more you can say about Dom. He is an all-time top 10 goalie in the league.

Miller I think is overrated. I think he is out of position a ton of times. He comes out of the crease too soon and at the worst times. Sure he might make an amazing save that is highlight worthy. But, many times its because he overcomitted on a play.

I think top 5 but he has had average seasons his previous seasons.

OkimLom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 05:56 PM
  #12
Hal2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkimLom View Post
Personnally, I think there is nothing more you can say about Dom. He is an all-time top 10 goalie in the league.

Miller I think is overrated. I think he is out of position a ton of times. He comes out of the crease too soon and at the worst times. Sure he might make an amazing save that is highlight worthy. But, many times its because he overcomitted on a play.

I think top 5 but he has had average seasons his previous seasons.
unfortunately miller has to steal too many games with this team, otherwise he might look better.

Hal2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 06:03 PM
  #13
rabi
Registered User
 
rabi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by static80 View Post
If were just ranking goalies I'd put Fuhr and Marlachuk ahead of Miller.
+1

Might even put Puppa up there too...

rabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 06:30 PM
  #14
Kruschiki
Registered User
 
Kruschiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 14,242
vCash: 50
Top 5 sabres' goalies with his prime ahead of him. Hasek was exciting to watch, but he stepped in in his prime. We had to go through some growing pains with Miller.

Kruschiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 07:30 PM
  #15
La Cosa Nostra
Eichel welcome 2 BUF
 
La Cosa Nostra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi View Post
+1

Might even put Puppa up there too...
Can't forget John Blue and Andrei Trefilov.Easily better then Miller.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 07:38 PM
  #16
Crazy Tasty
Registered User
 
Crazy Tasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Indiana
Country: United States
Posts: 4,285
vCash: 500
Where's Biron and Noronen on the list... if for nothing else except the GCT they should be up there.

Crazy Tasty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 11:00 PM
  #17
SuperNintendoChalmrs
Registered User
 
SuperNintendoChalmrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 3,569
vCash: 500
This thread has no purpose if you exclude Randy Ireland.

SuperNintendoChalmrs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 01:58 AM
  #18
nEaLB4ZoD
Registered User
 
nEaLB4ZoD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 1,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieBisco View Post
Can't forget John Blue and Andrei Trefilov.Easily better then Miller.
Seriously what are these guys smoking? Fuhr was way overrated. He played with the best players in the history of the league in Edmonton. You could have tossed in any number of goalies and they would have still won Cups. He was brutal in Buffalo. Malarchuck and Puppa, lol.


Last edited by nEaLB4ZoD: 12-20-2010 at 02:03 AM.
nEaLB4ZoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.