Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

20 Dec 2010 - More Like Kipru-SIEVE! - 7PM, FSN

Old
12-21-2010, 11:29 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
I believe he had two groin surgeries. Even if he did start playing this year, he wouldn't be able to make it into the lineup until the very end of the season, when we'll probably be battling it out for 14th place in the conference.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 11:34 AM
Engebretson
I WANT HOLYFIELD!!!!

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
He was named third star with one assist. (There were three players with a goal apiece who were passed up for the honor.)
Yeah, his assist was really the only part of the game I saw. It was set up on a nice pass by Havlat and Scandy found a lane and put the puck on net for Brodziak to bury. It sounds like he played well defensively too and Russo said that he likes playing with Burns, which would be awesome for the future if he continues to develop.

Engebretson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 12:10 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
Is it written in stone that Lats won't be back until next year? I thought he was coming back at some point this year.
He might be back in March depending his condition.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 02:17 PM
saywut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
Didn't get to see much of the game but I heard Scandella played pretty solid. Does that seem to be the general consensus from those of you who watched last night?
He still looks hesitant, afraid to take a penalty in the defensive zone, with his frame he'll get better and stronger as he gets more experienced though. His puck decisions are probably the best on our whole blue-line though. Look at his assist, if the opponent's going to leave a guy open right in front of the goalie and leave you a lane(highly unlikely scenario, but it happened ), shoot it low into the pads. He did and we scored. In the 3rd(I believe) he got an opportunity for a one-timer, and with nothing brewing in front he got all of it, well placed high glove side and on net. His passes are often telegraphed at this point but he feathers them onto sticks, something we haven't seen much of since Johnny was traded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
Think butch and havlat look good out there (shooting more) partially because Brodziak is so "simple". Contrary to Providence's observance I think Brodz works well with them because most of the time he just lets Havlat and Bouchard play with the puck and doesn't try to get too involved in setting up the play. Could you find a better center for them? Sure, but I don't think there is one on our team. Maybe Almond with some seasoning, but I think that line would take a big step back if you tried to put POS or Wellman up there, and Butch playing center would just force him to be less engaged in creating offense so i don't see that as a better option either.
I'd say Handzus could fit well there(UFA in the offseason). Brodziak does a good job of staying away from the puck carrier and forcing d-men to either open lanes or leave him open going to the net(Cullen had less spacing and is much more of a perimeter player). He's also good defensively and a respectable skater, which makes Bouchard/Havlat turnovers less deadly than if O'Sully was on that line.

saywut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 02:19 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Agreed that Brodz is staying out of the way of his linemates, unlike Miettinen who loves to turn the puck over to kill their zone time (which is even worse with subpar skaters like Bruno and to an extent Koivu).

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote