HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

whats sather waiting for...

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2004, 09:45 PM
little a from da bx

vCash: 500
whats sather waiting for...

already barnaby, simon, stevenson, knuble etc. some pretty good guys that would have been nice with nyr . if he keeps waiting we are gonna miss out on 1 of 2 guys such as conroy or rolston.or even if he waits we could miss out on vets for "d" like matvichuk maybe hill, klemm is sig]ned. nyr nees some good role p[laying vets atleast 2 fwds and 1 d man.

Old
07-03-2004, 09:47 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
I must say I was dissapointed when Barnaby didnt come back here.

My 3 favorite Rangers are see ya!

Lindros
Barnaby
Leetchie

Old
07-03-2004, 09:48 PM
DarthSather99

Um, I think it is well known now that the Rangers will NOT overspend on free agency. That is what has gotten us into our trouble. Most of the guys you mentioned do not want to come to a rebuilding team. Don't worry, the guys we have will surprise you.

Old
07-03-2004, 10:02 PM
little a from da bx

i believe we will be ok, im not saying we should rush and sign a team of vets like past , but in the post i said we do need atleast 2 more vet fwds and 1 more vet defenseman maybe conroy and rolston along with matvichuk would be good for me. thats all on the free agents.maybe even try to pick up isbister still is young and does have potntial, i say if we can get him give him a shot with jags and conroy. those lines spread out a good amount of youth and vets on fwd and "d" plus there are not all goal scorers there some good role players such as ortmeyer , murray who has pretty decent hands and speed, larose and holik( if used properly ), and some snipers like jagr, balej ( maybe ) , lundmark ( maybe ), rolston, even isbister could have a good 20 goal season. these are just my ideas waht would be nice to see.

lw- c - rw
? / ( some young guy ) maybe isbister - conroy - jagr
rolston- lundmark- balej
murray-holik- ortmeyer
scott- larose ( good energy 4th liner looked good both times when called up )- ?

tyutin - kaspar
nycholat- pock
lampman and matvichuk

goaltending what ever they do would like to see valiquette get some good time in nets, big and ttalented.

tyandem of him and dunham is most likely

Old
07-03-2004, 10:10 PM
Onion Boy

I think time has little to do with it. I'm willing to bet that Sather has already touched base with any and all free agents he has been coveting. He probably made offers to both Barnaby and Simon, both repectively declining.

Old
07-03-2004, 10:19 PM
Gamma82

I think you are giving Sather more credit then I will.

Old
07-03-2004, 10:35 PM
Knight229

I see us slowly entering the Crosby Sweepstakes. I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

Old
07-03-2004, 10:36 PM
NYR469

give me a f#cking break...we've been screaming for years about the signing of UFAs and how we need to rebuild. and now because he hasn't signed a UFA in the first 3 days of free agency people are going to start flipping out??

Old
07-04-2004, 02:52 AM
Knight229

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
give me a f#cking break...we've been screaming for years about the signing of UFAs and how we need to rebuild. and now because he hasn't signed a UFA in the first 3 days of free agency people are going to start flipping out??
If we didn't complain, we wouldn't be New York Fans.

Old
07-04-2004, 02:59 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
I totally agree, I dont understand what all these people are crying about. NO MORE SPENDING SPREE IN NEWYORK, PLEASE!!!! I am tired of seeing over the hill Vets coming to the Retirement home known as the Garden. Lets finally turn the damn corner. No more wasteful signings.

Old
07-04-2004, 05:24 AM
dropthegloves

vCash:
"already barnaby, simon, stevenson, knuble"

These would have been idiotic signings other then maybe Simon to protect players on the team.

Knuble would stink without Thornton. Barnaby is a grinder which we don't need. Rather give the spot to a kid. Stevenson stinks.

Old
07-04-2004, 08:07 AM
little a from da bx

first of all everyone is acting like it says let sign every free agent, balej if u ahve any common sense u would understand this is not going to be a team of 20 something year olds, we need vets right now, we really just have poti(sucks),kaspar, holik, jagr. nyr needs atleast 1 maybe 2 more fwds ( a center and maybe left wing ), and 1 more vet defenseman. that would give the lineup a good spread of youth and vets for the young guys to pick up on....atleast 5 vets and 7 young guys, we are still rebuilding just have to have theese kids learn form somewhere.. so in 3 -4 can be somewhat mentors themn selves if they mature right. in my imo

Old
07-04-2004, 08:09 AM
little a from da bx

ment to say above in 3-4 years

Old
07-04-2004, 08:56 AM
Leetchie

Send a message via AIM to Leetchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by little a from da bx
already barnaby, simon, stevenson, knuble etc. some pretty good guys that would have been nice with nyr . if he keeps waiting we are gonna miss out on 1 of 2 guys such as conroy or rolston.or even if he waits we could miss out on vets for "d" like matvichuk maybe hill, klemm is sig]ned. nyr nees some good role p[laying vets atleast 2 fwds and 1 d man.

I liked Barnaby for his leadership skills. However, Simon, Stevenson, and Knuble would have been total flops in NY. Simon and Stevenson can't do much more than Garth Murray and Blair Betts at this point -- and Knuble? Are you kidding me? He's always had good speed and a good shot, but now he has one of the best young playmakers in the game centering him. It's no coincidence that both his and Glen Murray's goal totals have skyrocketed in the past two to three years.

Old
07-04-2004, 09:17 AM
little a from da bx

simon a flop he played great with us, where do u find he is a flop thats very inaccurate. we need a lw knuble might have been ok instead of going after abig name like every season. and stevenson though injured quite often, is a great leadr and very tough competitor, as u see by how much he did with jersy for the last 3 years or so, shocked they let him go guess hes to injured o often. so i disagree with your statements feel they are off.. by alot

Old
07-04-2004, 09:44 AM
neversummer

There is no reason why a free agent wouldn't sign here. How many guys did we move to a contender at the trade deadline last year. If your a quality player you will be in demand. As far as us rebuilding, athletes are competitive. Every nhl player believes they can help their team be winner. Also agents send them where the money is NYC. Unless boston doesn't want Rolston, why would he want an up and coming team like that. Raycroft, Thorton, Gonchar. He's going back and Sather knows it. Conroy would be nice but for what? Slats is thinking Crosby all the way. Montoya is his Fuhr, Crosby is his Gretzky. Discounted prices at the garden means discount players. Were trimming the fat and spending money on the farm. I think were going to throw it at the wall and see what sticks. Jagr and Holik will be the only big money guys and will play together. Though, Murray-Holik-Ortmeyer sounds pretty tough. If the Cyotes have the Ferrerro twins on their roster their thinking Crosby too.
Players on our side i'm wondering what we will do with are Labarbera (gr8 w/ Pack, awful w/ Blue, + blackburn) Betts-can he and will he play. Stals- always impresses at training camp. D. Moore.
Let's get James Patrick

Old
07-04-2004, 09:58 AM
Prucha73

Quote:
first of all everyone is acting like it says let sign every free agent, balej if u ahve any common sense u would understand this is not going to be a team of 20 something year olds, we need vets right now, we really just have poti(sucks),kaspar, holik, jagr. nyr needs atleast 1 maybe 2 more fwds ( a center and maybe left wing ), and 1 more vet defenseman. that would give the lineup a good spread of youth and vets for the young guys to pick up on....atleast 5 vets and 7 young guys, we are still rebuilding just have to have theese kids learn form somewhere.. so in 3 -4 can be somewhat mentors themn selves if they mature right. in my imo
The kids are supposed to learn primarily from the coaches and practices, not by watching lazy vets skate around and do nothing. That's what happened with Lundmark. I see no problem going with a roster that has only 4 to 6 players over 30.

Old
07-04-2004, 11:35 AM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
All the arguing about who's right for this team and who isn't as far as UFA's go is all dandy and everything, but can somebody actually explain to me who the hell is going to want to sign to play hockey on a rebuilding team that doesn't even have a coach? Further more, to all the guys that are gonna reply back "$$$", what good has signing guys who are just in it for the money done for the Rangers?

I would tend to believe we're not going to see any real important UFA signings until the UFA's actually know who they'll be playing for.

Old
07-04-2004, 11:57 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
I understand we need a top line center and an additional LW. But do you see some of the names people are throwing around on these boards. Names you would only sign if you were ocntending for a cup. It's crazy talk. We do not need all these lazy Vets who are gonna ruiin the kids. We need a top line center and a top 2 line LW, and they'll probably just sign Mironov back.

Closed Thread