Notices

Providence Bruins - post all game updates here

Old
01-28-2011, 03:17 PM
cneely

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovi View Post
you might wanna do a teeny bit of research on this. Check the stat sheet, etc, for the past few seasons.
He's right.

Hamill has one assist in one career NHL game.

I'm assuming it was somewhat tongue in cheek, but its accurate.

cneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 06:06 PM
Malt
#wpri12steve

Providence starting with the Whitfield line...Schaefer in net, McIver and Alexandrov on D.

Whitfield scores 33 seconds in! PBees up 1-0.

Bruins have a lot of energy so far...and they're wearing new black and gold jerseys that look VERY nice.

Portland scores a shortie..looked to me that the goal was off it's pegs, but it counts...game tied 1-1.

Portland up 2-1. Momentum has swung to Portland.

Still 2-1 in the second. Providence is getting some chances but Enroth has been solid for Portland.

Goal by Kirk MacDonald, his 10th. 2-2. MacDonald is a solid, underappreciated player. He's tied for 4th on the team, all while playing on the 3rd-4th lines and no PP time.

Still 2-2 in the third. Bruins hanging in there against the #1 team in their division.

Jordan Caron scores a nice tip in, 3-2 Bruins!

Schaefer looks like a different goalie compared to the first half of the year...good movement, confident, calm--all the things the team exepected him to be.

Reich with the EN to seal the victory 4-2.

Whitfield with a 3 point night.

Bruins win 4-2 in front of a crowd announced at 7400+...now tied for 4th in their division.

Last edited by Malt: 01-28-2011 at 08:15 PM.
Malt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 07:09 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malt View Post
Providence starting with the Whitfield line...Schaefer in net, McIver and Alexandrov on D.

Whitfield scores 33 seconds in! PBees up 1-0.

Bruins have a lot of energy so far...and they're wearing new black and gold jerseys that look VERY nice.

Portland scores a shortie..looked to me that the goal was off it's pegs, but it counts...game tied 1-1.

Portland up 2-1. Momentum has swung to Portland.
13-11 Providence Shots after 1; and Portland just killed a 5 on 3

CHRDANHUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 07:25 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Kirk McDonald tied the game @ 2 (10)

CHRDANHUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 08:14 PM
GarbageGoal
Frozen 4 Friars!!!!!

Good guys will win 4-2 after an EN by Reich.......Caron with the GWG

3 points for Whits!!! Bruins have taken 7 of 8 and three straight wins for Schaefer.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 08:20 PM
MioneRask134
Queen in the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
Good guys will win 4-2 after an EN by Reich.......Caron with the GWG

3 points for Whits!!! Bruins have taken 7 of 8 and three straight wins for Schaefer.
Glad to see them finally meshing as a team. We're still very young. It was gonna take some time. Love to see the fight in them.

MioneRask134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 08:35 PM
5 minutes a Knight

You can not stop the Providence Bruins you can only hope to contain them

I did not go to the game but might go tomorrow in Worcester

5 minutes a Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 09:51 PM
RaskMullet
Pasta Time !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxon Eric View Post
You can not stop the Providence Bruins you can only hope to contain them

I did not go to the game but might go tomorrow in Worcester
Awesome game tonight,Trent Whitfield has been the big difference, his work ethic and never quit attitude has rubbed off on the whole team. think I will make the trek up tomorrow night to Worcester.

Last edited by RaskMullet: 01-28-2011 at 10:01 PM.
RaskMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 07:25 AM
Blowfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchandManiac View Post
Awesome game tonight,Trent Whitfield has been the big difference, his work ethic and never quit attitude has rubbed off on the whole team. think I will make the trek up tomorrow night to Worcester.
You do have to give him credit...didn't he come back from a very serious injury....wasn't he expected to be out for the year?

Tough choice now for the senior bruins....Whit? Hamill? or Caron?

Blowfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 02:25 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
I'm going tonight- Benn Ferriero, Shawn Thornton, and Joe Colborne all in the same place for one night. Gotta love Thornton, he shows up everywhere- I've gone to Lowell Spinners games and he's there, dog parks- there, checking out the Big, Bang, Clock in Prague and look to my left and who's standing off to the side- Thornton. I'm just pissed he was not in The Town. Wonder what his price is because my dog has her 18 month old birthday coming up in Mahch.

I like the Sharks giving up a half but Rob Murray is making a late run for COY and with Gimpy Whitfield back leading the way 'anything is possible'.

oh, and to add, I'll watch Zach Hamill's body language in warm up and report later tonight if he is back a legit prospect.

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 06:05 PM
Malt
#wpri12steve

Whitfield line starting tonight. Schaefer in goal again...

Can someone explain why Providence home games have only one camera but Worcester and Manchester have mutiple cameras, fades, etc.?

Some good action early in the first...Schaefer has made some decent saves so far.

For us fight fans out there, Frazier McLaren is dressed for Worcester and McGrattan is in for the Bs.

Sharks up 1-0 after Schaefer can't handle a McGinn shot...he actually had in his glove but dropped it and the puck went in.

Sharks up 2-0 on a PP goal. Bruins too lax in their own zone at the end of the PK.

Tough first period--mental mistakes and only 3 or 4 SOG so far.

PBees unable to score on a 3 on 1 early in the second, still 2-0.

McGinn with a shortie, 3-0. Maybe Dalton should have played tonight.....

A fight, finally: MacDermid vs. Moore...MacDermid lands several punches before Moore wrestles him down.

PBees getting a few chances, but unable to score. I don't see them coming back 3-0. That last goal was a killer...

PBees get on the board, Penner with his 5th of the year...Colborne up to 25 points with an assist.

Barktowski with a PP goal, now it's 3-2, and Providence is trying to prove me wrong!

Goalie pulled but to no avail--final is 3-2 Worcester. Better luck next week.

Last edited by Malt: 01-29-2011 at 08:13 PM.
Malt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 09:18 PM
RaskMullet
Pasta Time !

Good comeback, hey 7 out of 9 ain't bad considering how we started the year.

RaskMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2011, 07:54 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
went to the game....pretty even overall and could have gone either way. Providence had a couple of early A+ chances they could not get the handle on down low, and Hamill had an outstanding chance on a two-on-one that the goalie stopped as Zach went high glove side. Sauve had a two-on-one with McGratton of all people and for the life of me don't know why he passed (other than maybe thinking McGratton would be pissed)- it was more a conscious play than reactionary at least to me and hit McGratton in the back skate- and bounced into the slot but a Providence player missed that and it ended up going the other way. I'd put the fault at Sauve here from my perch- should have shot. Sauve seemed to know it based on his reaction....I'm a big Sauve fan but he did not have one of his better games.

Trent Whitfield, man I don't know how he does it. He looks like the slowest guy on the ice, and I expect him to start losing limbs as he moves around- but when he gets the puck, he's actually faster and always does something good with it. As long as this guy can get from point A to point B in decent time he's a great, great player to have on an AHL team.

Hamill skated well again, and had a couple of pretty good scoring chances- I keyed on him pretty much, and he was often noticeable (not like the Manchester game I went to on Dec 30th but enough). I've seen him better as well, but he was good. Joe Colborne also once again had a good game. He really does have a high end stick and I actually thought he was more involved- good involvement not fake running at guys but just going in the corner for puck possession.

I was saying to my kid, and she was agreeing that Arniel just does not look right. This is not the same guy from October and November, but then right after that he made a great pass and set up a goal, and later had a nice hit and steal. Still, he stood out those early half dozen games I went to, but now looks like JAG.

Caron was Caron. Skated up and down his wing, went in the corners, looked decent, twice bearing down fired low hard shots thru the D's legs before they could make a play on him that the goalie stopped. Nothing earth shattering but you can tell he's a pretty strong player around the net and good skater.

The defense overall was solid- Alexandrov made a couple of nice takeaways, and Bartkowski picked up third star, but he had one early that he missed that could have changed the game. I thought they were solid overall. Cohen let go a bomb late in the game that could have tied it up that was stopped.

The Sharks sent down McGinn and Ferreiro for probably the All-Star break and these two picked up the first two stars. Ferreiro was the best player on the ice and started the game off by walking around, thru, between the Providence defense (can't recall who but it was not good) like a Division 1 college kid in a Pee Wee game.).

McDermid had a fight with Moore and easily one although he did not get the take down.

The goaltenders on both sides were pretty good- both goals by Providence were well earned, and Schaeffer lost the first one but made some good stops and I'd give him a deserved B.

Shawn Thornton was signing autographs downstairs before the game and thru the first period intermission. I didn't realize he was a lefty- he looks like he enjoys it and based on the reaction and looks there are a lot of people who are huge fans of this guy. Would love to see him get at least 10 goals.

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2011, 08:56 PM
Ziostilon

So does Arniel alternate between wing and center?

Will he be in the big leagues permanently on wing

Ziostilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 07:36 AM
5 minutes a Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziostilon View Post
So does Arniel alternate between wing and center?

Will he be in the big leagues permanently on wing
Yes he can play both but lately he's been on the wing, in the NHL(he will make it) I'm thinking wing for him

Old
01-31-2011, 11:17 AM
Kovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxon Eric View Post
Yes he can play both but lately he's been on the wing, in the NHL(he will make it) I'm thinking wing for him
fast. the kid has jets.

Kovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 04:20 PM
GarbageGoal
Frozen 4 Friars!!!!!

Antoine Roussel has been loaned to Reading.

Old
02-04-2011, 06:11 PM
Blowfish

FYI...P bruins play tonight.

Blowfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 06:26 PM
GarbageGoal
Frozen 4 Friars!!!!!

Bruins win 2-1 on Lane MacDermid and Brian McGratton goals. Bartkowski, Roussel and McIver had fights.....

Last edited by GarbageGoal: 02-04-2011 at 08:31 PM.
Old
02-04-2011, 08:35 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Bruins win 2-1 on Lane MacDermid and Brian McGratton goals. Bartkowski, Roussel and McIver had fights.....
And that's how it ends, 2-1 final.

McGrattan's second goal of the year. ::Looks out window for flying pigs::

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 09:35 PM
BruinsBtn

Quote:
backwards night at the Dunk.
The fighters with the goals and the goal-scorers (kinda) with the fights.

BruinsBtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 09:50 PM
5 minutes a Knight

Overall a Meh game, second period was as boring as they come, but fourth line had 2 goals

For prospects thought MacDermid, Bodnarchuk(best game in a while) Alexandrov and Cohen were pretty solid

Bartkowski was hit or miss, on a few occasions thought he held onto the puck too long,for the fight all he did was hold on for dear life

Sauve and Colborne for the most part were non factors, Sauve in particular was bounced around like a rag doll a few times

Arniel showed off his wheels but Springfield really paid attention to him and pretty much shut down his space in a hurry

MacDermid had a very nice goal and did the usual PK and energy line stuff, he looks the part when he keeps it simple

Alexandrov a couple of lazy penalties but I really like his positioning and made some crisp passes to start the breakout, still need 10 pounds of muscle minimum

Bodnarchuk For me his best of the year, did it all tonight

Cohen I now see what they saw in him, he can move the puck pretty well for a big man, defense much improved over last few weeks

Dalton got the win, made a nice glove save in the first but he makes me nervous , smoke and mirrors comes to mind

Roussel I like the little guy, he's a ***** on the ice but he's our ***** so it's ok

Caron -they should market a new flavor of ice cream called vanilla Caron, I think it would sell well, he was on the ice the last minutes so he must of done something right

McGrattan had a goal and a helper and no he's not getting called up

Was good to see others step up tonight

Old
02-04-2011, 10:00 PM
Alan Ryan

Some information on the 2-1 P-Bruins win:

Standings: Providence is now in 5th place in the Atlantic Division and is only 3 points out of 4th place (2 games in hand) and 4 points out of third place (1 game in hand). http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay.php?type=standings#

Matt Dalton stopped 32 of 33 shots for the win. Providence scored 2 goals on 25 shots.

Goals: MacDermid & McGrattan

Assists: McGrattan, Alexandrov, Bodnarchuk & Cohen

Stars: #1-McGrattan; #2-Dalton; #3-Cohen

AHL game summary: http://theahl.com/stats/official-gam...ame_id=1008065

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 10:04 PM
Kovi

Thanks for the recap EB. good things about Alexandrov. me likes....

and is that you stealing my "vanilla" label for Caron

Kovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 10:10 PM
5 minutes a Knight

I counted 8 scouts and Brian Burke was not in the building