Notices

Providence Bruins - post all game updates here

Old
04-11-2011, 12:01 PM
DaaaaB's

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovi View Post
Right! Because 1 year is a really good measure of whether or not a player will work out...
Since when does using a player as trade bait mean he's not going to work out as a NHL'er?

DaaaaB's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 12:03 PM
DaaaaB's

Out of all those FA's for Providence, I would bring back Hamill, Whitfield, MacDonald, Khudobin (if willing to) and maybe Valabik. The rest can walk.

DaaaaB's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 12:33 PM
Jeff077

Have seen very little on how Spooner, Knight and Camper actually looked over the weekend. They all picked up some points but can anyone expand on what they saw for people who did not see any of the games?

Jeff077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 03:06 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff077 View Post
Have seen very little on how Spooner, Knight and Camper actually looked over the weekend. They all picked up some points but can anyone expand on what they saw for people who did not see any of the games?
Well, I did report earlier, but I'll add more if you wish...

They looked like they belonged, basically. Solid chemistry with each other and with Caron. Both showed good skating ability and speed and made crisp passes, and hustled every moment on the ice (unsurprisingly; if I was in their skates, I'd bust my tail too). All three of them have obviously grown since last summer (also unsurprising). They also made a conscious effort to be responsible on defense, husting hard on the backcheck.

Knight's on twitter and tweeted all week about rooming with Spooner, which was amusing. I think they hit it off during development camp last summer and just appeared to pick up where they left off, constantly chattering on the bench during the game I attended. Just an impression, but I get the feeling these are two guys who eat, breathe and sleep hockey.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Ace0813
Bleed Black & Gold

Send a message via AIM to Ace0813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Well, I did report earlier, but I'll add more if you wish...

They looked like they belonged, basically. Solid chemistry with each other and with Caron. Both showed good skating ability and speed and made crisp passes, and hustled every moment on the ice (unsurprisingly; if I was in their skates, I'd bust my tail too). All three of them have obviously grown since last summer (also unsurprising). They also made a conscious effort to be responsible on defense, husting hard on the backcheck.

Knight's on twitter and tweeted all week about rooming with Spooner, which was amusing. I think they hit it off during development camp last summer and just appeared to pick up where they left off, constantly chattering on the bench during the game I attended. Just an impression, but I get the feeling these are two guys who eat, breathe and sleep hockey.
Knight eats cheesecake factory alot too.

Ace0813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 05:01 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordicBruin91 View Post
True. Guess he just breathes and sleeps hockey, and eats Cheesecake Factory.

Old
04-11-2011, 05:42 PM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
True. Guess he just breathes and sleeps hockey, and eats Cheesecake Factory.
What a life!

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 05:58 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Yesterday was fun, especially with a huge Manchester contingent (I'm talking well over 500 fans) in our ears the whole time. Bruins played a great first period, but spent the rest of the time hanging on by the skin of their teeth. I can honestly say no one looked out of place or lost on the ice of the new guys. I like that Knight finishes his checks, which is something missing all season. Khudo had his usual great game and pretty much saved the day at the end.

Whitfield won the team MVP and fan appreciation award. Really hope he comes back. The guy is a warrior and a great leader and I think coaching is in his future.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 07:05 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by NordicBruin91 View Post
a lot but not always....although I could eat there multiple times a week myself.

My take on Knight and Spooner. Saw all 3 games but did not go to the Cheesecake Factory although did bring it up

Spooner- very quick/elusive- able to get separation by going left, right, forward, backward- looks like the hockey sense and creativity is as advertised. I was impressed by his decisions with the puck, and he is not afraid to get it and move it in a hurry.

Knight- poised, very good skater, strong, positionally high-end, goes to net, has that 'attacking responsible' look to his game. He had a couple of big hits, one in the Springfield game that didn't look like it went over well with the Falcon he leveled.

I'd recommend to Chiarelli keeping them both

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 07:59 PM
5 minutes a Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
a lot but not always....although I could eat there multiple times a week myself.

My take on Knight and Spooner. Saw all 3 games but did not go to the Cheesecake Factory although did bring it up

Spooner- very quick/elusive- able to get separation by going left, right, forward, backward- looks like the hockey sense and creativity is as advertised. I was impressed by his decisions with the puck, and he is not afraid to get it and move it in a hurry.

Knight- poised, very good skater, strong, positionally high-end, goes to net, has that 'attacking responsible' look to his game. He had a couple of big hits, one in the Springfield game that didn't look like it went over well with the Falcon he leveled.

I'd recommend to Chiarelli keeping them both
Hypothetical question, does Claude neuter them like he did to Bergeron or will he let them play their game of speed and skill with the dreaded occasional defensive lapse ?

5 minutes a Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 08:01 PM
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxon Eric View Post
Hypothetical question, does Claude neuter them like he did to Bergeron or will he let them play their game of speed and skill with the dreaded occasional defensive lapse ?
We don't want guys playing to their strengths...play the "system "dammit!!!

SpokedLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 08:06 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Bergeron is one of the best three-zone players in the NHL and a possible Selke candidate. We can only hope that Knight and Spooner will be so "neutered."

It is possible to be defensively responsible without sacrificing offense (Pavel Datsyuk says hello). Julien doesn't like forwards who float around the blue line waiting for outlet passes while the opposing offense runs rampant, and as a hockey fan, neither do I.

Old
04-11-2011, 08:23 PM
DKH

Quote:
OOG and Kirk can answer this better than me, but Knight comes pretty much already assembled for Clode- strong along the wall, good North-South game, defensively aware, and the R word- responsible. The over/under on Chia using the phrase compete level to describe Knight is three per two minutes of Knight talk.

Spooner in flat out fun all I can say is good luck to the opposition on the penalty kill dealing with the quick pivots and his fast hands. I'd say Clode will be watching him a bit more closely before he decides on what method to use.

Of course is Claude's team isn't playing in May then I don't think it matters (although I expect them playing)

Old
04-11-2011, 08:44 PM
bsfan33

hypothetical question... Chiarelli has already said he's expecting 8 "black aces" stay in providence to practice in case needed in the playoffs to practice. Because Spooner and Knight signed ATO's, can they remain back to practice with the providence black aces? because technically they would still be participating in Providence workouts and not Boston workouts.

bsfan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 09:01 PM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsfan33 View Post
hypothetical question... Chiarelli has already said he's expecting 8 "black aces" stay in providence to practice in case needed in the playoffs to practice. Because Spooner and Knight signed ATO's, can they remain back to practice with the providence black aces? because technically they would still be participating in Providence workouts and not Boston workouts.
I'm not sure how it works but I believe they already have their plane tickets for tomorrow to head out- was hoping they both (and especially Jared's brother) could at least hang around for a few days and see the insanity of a Bruins-Habs playoff game before they become a part of the circus. They could do something to help the team- maybe chart the time, place, and quality of the Habs diving to draw a penalty

Old
04-11-2011, 11:19 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
I'm not sure how it works but I believe they already have their plane tickets for tomorrow to head out- was hoping they both (and especially Jared's brother) could at least hang around for a few days and see the insanity of a Bruins-Habs playoff game before they become a part of the circus. They could do something to help the team- maybe chart the time, place, and quality of the Habs diving to draw a penalty
I can picture it, the two of them sitting in the press box with clipboards, seriously jotting notes...

You're right, though, Knight tweeted this evening that he's got an early fight out tomorrow. Too bad, but I'm sure they'll be glad to get home.

Old
04-12-2011, 07:17 AM
panny2727

i am sure they will be watching on tv

panny2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 08:06 AM
5 minutes a Knight

Quote:
Bergeron is one of the best three-zone players in the NHL and a possible Selke candidate. We can only hope that Knight and Spooner will be so "neutered."

It is possible to be defensively responsible without sacrificing offense (Pavel Datsyuk says hello). Julien doesn't like forwards who float around the blue line waiting for outlet passes while the opposing offense runs rampant, and as a hockey fan, neither do I.
Sorry rather have my second line center up around 70 points like he did a few years ago than get the 50's that he's got last few years playing a boring system that suffocates creativity but as long as we get all 5 back to defend its all ok cause we made the playoff's 4 years in a row. give me attacking hockey any day over the trap.

Old
04-12-2011, 08:27 AM
roaddogg02316

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsfan33 View Post
Any idea who the 8 black aces will be? Like a definite answer?

roaddogg02316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 10:25 AM
5 minutes a Knight

I've been told Arniel,Caron,Khudobin, Cohen,Bartkowski, Bodnarchuk and of course Kampfer, I'm sure there's more as there's 2 groups that practice together, one in Boston and one in Providence

Old
04-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Shaun
All Aboard

Quote:
I've been told Arniel,Caron,Khudobin, Cohen,Bartkowski, Bodnarchuk and of course Kampfer, I'm sure there's more as there's 2 groups that practice together, one in Boston and one in Providence
When will we find out for sure?

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 11:18 AM
MioneRask134

Hutchinson, Khudobin,Arniel, Caron, Whitfield,MacDermid(HUZZAH!),Alexandrov, Bartowkski, Kampfer, and Hamill are your black aces.

MioneRask134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 11:33 AM
roaddogg02316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
Hutchinson, Khudobin,Arniel, Caron, Whitfield,MacDermid(HUZZAH!),Alexandrov, Bartowkski, Kampfer, and Hamill are your black aces.
If Kampfer is down for at least 2 weeks why would they bother.

roaddogg02316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Sorry rather have my second line center up around 70 points like he did a few years ago than get the 50's that he's got last few years playing a boring system that suffocates creativity but as long as we get all 5 back to defend its all ok cause we made the playoff's 4 years in a row. give me attacking hockey any day over the trap.
"Attacking hockey"? You mean like the Caps, with their Presidents' Trophies and their first-round exits? The team that changed its style to more defensive this year in an attempt to actually win a playoff round? (And save their coach's job?)

Yeah, "attacking hockey" is great fun for some fans, and very exciting. But defense (which doesn't have to mean "trap" BTW) is what wins championships.

Old
04-12-2011, 11:38 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaddogg02316 View Post
If Kampfer is down for at least 2 weeks why would they bother.
Uh, because the playoffs last longer than two weeks?