Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Providence Bruins - post all game updates here

Old
01-08-2011, 08:15 PM
BruinsHockey

vCash: 500
Bruins have played 17 mins. in the third and being outshot 17-1. score 1-1.

BruinsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 08:21 PM
BruinsHockey

End of 3 1-1.

Shots 18 (Pens)- 1 (Bruins)

PP 0-3
PK 6-6

Old
01-08-2011, 08:26 PM
BruinsHockey

Pens Goal:

Dustin Jeffrey

PENS WIN 2-1 (OT)

We steal a point
Great PK
Schaefer was awesome 50 saves.
Offense took another night off (Hamill didn't even know if he played)

Old
01-08-2011, 08:35 PM
GarbageGoal
AKA Section109

You just know someone will ask why Dalton wasn't playing.

GarbageGoal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 10:31 PM
RaskMullet
Pasta Time !

vCash: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
You just know someone will ask why Dalton wasn't playing.
Scheafer played good to steal a point, but dalton is hot and needs to play tommorow

RaskMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 10:35 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsHockey View Post
End of 3 1-1.

Shots 18 (Pens)- 1 (Bruins)

PP 0-3
PK 6-6
atleast they are getting them ready in Providence to be prepared for Boston

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 12:02 AM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

lol, yeah and only 1 goal tonight, that's Julien's speed.

Random Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 04:16 PM
Blowfish

Binghamton 1 and Bruins 1 in the second.

Caron (finally) with the goal and Cohen with his first point as a bruin.

Blowfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 04:46 PM
Alan Ryan

Final score: Binghamton 5 Providence 3.

Dalton gave up 4 goals on 15 shots and was pulled in favor of Schaefer. Combined they gave up 5 goals on 20 shots.

Colby Cohen had a goal and an assist.

Caron had 2 goals and an assist and was #2 star..

Hamill had 2 assists.

AHL game summary: http://theahl.com/stats/official-gam...ame_id=1007911

Last edited by Alan Ryan: 01-09-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 09:42 PM
GarbageGoal
AKA Section109

Dalton was pretty bad today. The Bruins might have backed into a win had he been a little sharper.

Whitfield is a warrior. The guy had a sequence on the PK where without a stick he saved a goal twice.

Old
01-09-2011, 09:49 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Dalton was pretty bad today. The Bruins might have backed into a win had he been a little sharper.

Whitfield is a warrior. The guy had a sequence on the PK where without a stick he saved a goal twice.

Whitfield should be a good example for the young guys going forward.

GG--how did Cohen look? He should help with Kampfer and Bartkowski in Boston. It will give him the opportunity to show what he can do.

Old
01-09-2011, 10:04 PM
GarbageGoal
AKA Section109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post

GG--how did Cohen look? He should help with Kampfer and Bartkowski in Boston. It will give him the opportunity to show what he can do.
Okay. He's got a good shot, but he looks like he has some bad habits on defense.

Old
01-10-2011, 12:24 AM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Okay. He's got a good shot, but he looks like he has some bad habits on defense.

I read that BU Coach Parker said that the defensive side of the game was and would be Cohen's biggest challenge. You're confirming that he has some work to do for the pro game. I hope he puts some focus there.

Let us know if you see progress in the upcoming games. Thanks.

Old
01-14-2011, 08:48 PM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

P Bruins lose 2-0 at home to WBS Penguins tonight ...

Colborne a -1 with 1 SOG.

MillerTime 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 09:11 PM
5 minutes a Knight

Providence lost tonight vrs WB Scranton 2-0

Team is just fugly to watch but good to see old friend Chris Collins again

Schaefer- was good but second goal soft

Bodnarchuk - he show's up nightly but he doesn't impress me anymore, thinking he also needs a change of scenery

Alexandrov- Thought he played well, reads the plays , always in the passing/shooting lanes, active stick, yes needs more weight but I like his progress, met him this week and his english is getting better.

Sauve- was flying around at times then very quiet, did some decent board work, I remember Kirk hearing from a scout that his body hasn't caught up to his brain yet and that was evident on a few plays, has cooled off as of late

Arniel- If Sauve is cold Arniel is frozen, not the same player I saw in the early part of the year, he's hit a wall folks

Hamill- I have to say he was by far the best and most active player for the Bruins tonight, made some hard passes look easy, his hard work should of lead to the opening goal but Caron muffed it

Caron- should have buried his chance, other than that thought he was ok, best stuff came on the half wall, drew a penalty, seemed comfortable standing in front of the net

MacDermid- Delivered a bone crushing check, did his normal stuff on the PK

Cohen-- is a mess in his own zone,needs lots of work

Colborne- from what I can tell there are two Joe's, the good one is the one with the puck or thinks he's going to get the puck, his feet keeps on moving and uses that big body to get into decent position, the bad one is the one without the puck and away from the play, aggravating to watch might be too kind of words, he did have a few hits tonight

Whitfield- have to give him some love, Tuesday night watched him walk out of the "meet the Bruins" and he could barley get around, I don't know how he plays on that foot but he does and has my respect.

Last edited by 5 minutes a Knight: 01-14-2011 at 09:21 PM.
5 minutes a Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 09:58 PM
BruinsHockey

no truth to the rumor that the number one star for Dunder Mifflin Paper Company, Inc. - A Division of Sabre, on Ice was #87 Ian (holding) Croft.

(whatever happened to that Brock kid who was going to save us some peeps could not stop talking about? wondering)

Old
01-14-2011, 11:46 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Colborne- from what I can tell there are two Joe's, the good one is the one with the puck or thinks he's going to get the puck, his feet keeps on moving and uses that big body to get into decent position, the bad one is the one without the puck and away from the play, aggravating to watch might be too kind of words, he did have a few hits tonight
I have the same frustrations coaching MITE HOCKEY.

Jesus...cut bait.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 11:47 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
no truth to the rumor that the number one star for Dunder Mifflin Paper Company, Inc. - A Division of Sabre, on Ice was #87 Ian (holding) Croft.

(whatever happened to that Brock kid who was going to save us some peeps could not stop talking about? wondering)
I have no idea what this means.....

Old
01-15-2011, 03:55 AM
bb74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post

Jesus...cut bait.
I freely admit I haven't seen a single game of his or Providence but I'll ask the question:

Is there any correlation to his effort level and his linemates? He appears to be playing with ECHL + type guys that probably don't see the play or make the plays at the pace he "could". Any chance he's backing it down to slow to the pace of the guys he's playing with?

I know this may sound like a cop out for him. I'm not trying to make excuses, but anyone that's had to play with guys that can't keep up physically or more importantly, reading the play, will understand where I'm coming from.

Just an honest question.

bb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 05:02 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb74 View Post
I freely admit I haven't seen a single game of his or Providence but I'll ask the question:

Is there any correlation to his effort level and his linemates? He appears to be playing with ECHL + type guys that probably don't see the play or make the plays at the pace he "could". Any chance he's backing it down to slow to the pace of the guys he's playing with?

I know this may sound like a cop out for him. I'm not trying to make excuses, but anyone that's had to play with guys that can't keep up physically or more importantly, reading the play, will understand where I'm coming from.

Just an honest question.
Not in my opinion, but I have only seen him a handful of times this year. Havent been inmpressed even once.

Old
01-15-2011, 09:28 AM
5 minutes a Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post

Jesus...cut bait.
Its going to be a long, frustrating journey with Colborne (if they keep him) but he does do some good stuff from time to time.

As far as I know Colborne has played with everyone in the top 9 so I don't think its "he's better than everyone else and they're holding him back"

Colby Cohen as I said in the game recap is a disaster in his own zone. he does fine when someone's feeding him one timers but his backwards skating is so piss poor he makes Adam McQuaid look like Eric Heiden, and is a turnover machine

Have to say again how good Hamill looked last night, I'm not ready to jump on the call up Hamill bus just yet but he did give me a tingle in my leg last night

So after last night the top 3 point producers are

Arniel 36 games 14 goals 11 Assist 25 points -4

Hamill 34 games 2 goals 21 assist 23 points +3

Colborne 37 games 9 goals 11 assist 20 points -8

5 minutes a Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 10:12 AM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxon Eric View Post
Its going to be a long, frustrating journey with Colborne (if they keep him) but he does do some good stuff from time to time.

As far as I know Colborne has played with everyone in the top 9 so I don't think its "he's better than everyone else and they're holding him back"

Colby Cohen as I said in the game recap is a disaster in his own zone. he does fine when someone's feeding him one timers but his backwards skating is so piss poor he makes Adam McQuaid look like Eric Heiden, and is a turnover machine

Have to say again how good Hamill looked last night, I'm not ready to jump on the call up Hamill bus just yet but he did give me a tingle in my leg last night

If anyone was wondering about an honest and fair assessment ever looked like, read this and you'll be on the right track. An NHL scout would have a lot of respect for this post and the one he did after the game because Eric defends his views without some of the knee-jerk garbage that is becoming more and more prevalent on this board, followed by the "Did you even see him plaaaaay?" copout when challenged.

Well done, SE.

Kirk- NEHJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 11:49 AM
Beesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxon Eric View Post

I think Hamill is the odds on favorite to lead this team in scoring (~55 points), and he should exceed his point total from last year. His plus/minus is also quite good considering the circumstances. His goal total does suck though.

He could get a call-up if one of the top 3 centers goes down. Although, Claude does like to move Seguin to center in those circumstances too. I'd like to see how Zach would do between Lucic and Horton; two guys who can finish.

Beesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 01:42 PM
BruinFanSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beesfan View Post
I think Hamill is the odds on favorite to lead this team in scoring (~55 points), and he should exceed his point total from last year. His plus/minus is also quite good considering the circumstances. His goal total does suck though.

He could get a call-up if one of the top 3 centers goes down. Although, Claude does like to move Seguin to center in those circumstances too. I'd like to see how Zach would do between Lucic and Horton; two guys who can finish.
Really really doubt any of our AHL centers get called up....

What will most likely happen: Claude moves Seguin or Wheeler to Center or Campbell up to 3rd line - Paille is in as 4th line wing and Thorton moves to center on 4th line (if Campbell is moved up)

If an extra body is coming up I have a feeling its one of Arniel/ Caron

Thank god Hunwick is gone so he can't put him up at forward anymore...

BruinFanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 01:59 PM
GarbageGoal
AKA Section109

Quote:
Brock Bradford. Couldn't come to terms with Boston and played at Lake Erie and in the ECHL last season. Appears to be already out of hockey.

As for last night, I thought Hamill had his best game in awhile. Colborne actually made a nice end to almost other end rush in third. Even Alexandrov played well. It's true, Cohen has got his own work to do. Overall, the Bruins didn't play poorly (most physical I've seen them all year) but they can't generate any O-fense.