HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pouliot out?

Old
12-20-2010, 01:57 PM
JackZap

vCash: 500
Pouliot out?

God I hope this isnt true, 13th forward at todays practice

http://www.ckac.com/hockey/nouvelles...per-50583.html

lines:

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Eller
Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta
Kostitsyn - Halpern - Moen
Darche - Pyatt - Lapierre

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 02:03 PM
llamateizer

I see no problem

he is a non factor right now
he is not used in the PK
PP, havent seen anything from him recently
and 5v5. cant say anything wrong about him, but nothing positive too

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 02:05 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
God I hope this isnt true, 13th forward at todays practice

http://www.ckac.com/hockey/nouvelles...per-50583.html

lines:

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Eller
Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta
Kostitsyn - Halpern - Moen
Darche - Pyatt - Lapierre
stupid, playing stone hands Darche and Pyatt is better. Maybe is just for the practice.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 02:13 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
stupid, playing stone hands Darche and Pyatt is better. Maybe is just for the practice.
Pouliot out? Hopefully just a therapy day. If he's being benched that would really surprise me. I find he's having a very good season. Personally, I would put him on the top line with Cammy and Plex for a few games, but that's just me.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 02:19 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

oops, he was actually there on the ice. Wow, really don't get that. Well, i still think that Pouliot on the 3rd line doesn't make any sense, he's better suited to play on the top 2 lines.

If there's a Andrew Ladd - Toumo Ruutu trade out there somewhere for AK, I think Gauthier should make it.

Old
12-20-2010, 02:21 PM
Pr3Va1L

Quote:

Well, in fact, yes, it is better.

Hockey is a sports of willing. A team of Darche would probably be very competitive, I would think.

Pr3Va1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 02:21 PM
ScopeHockey

Martin's a tool. It's not rocket science - we've had combinations that have clicked for long periods this year - just let them be.

13-14-46
67-11-21
57-81-52
32-15-40/94

ScopeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 02:23 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

If these are the lines next game I'd give it 3 shifts before Eller is taken off the top line and replaced with Darche.

Martin should start realizing just benching players is not the only way to deal with young guys, as we've seen this year O'Byrne and Sergei both improve elsewhere once given playing time and not being benched every time they make a mistake. Just keep the lines the same for 10 games and let players build some chemistry instead of having to play with new players every game.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr3Va1L View Post

Hockey is a sports of willing. A team of Darche would probably be very competitive, I would think.
In the AHL they would, not in the NHL.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 02:27 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:

that is right and also lead NHL in scoring, I bet all the GMs are now looking to replace their players by the Darches. I heard the Ovy is worth 2 Darches, Crosby 3 Darches.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 02:37 PM
samsquanch9*

2 Darches for the price of one! Deal of the century! Collect them all!

samsquanch9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 02:39 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
that is right and also lead NHL in scoring, I bet all the GMs are now looking to replace their players by the Darches. I heard the Ovy is worth 2 Darches, Crosby 3 Darches.

its the new NHL currency

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 02:41 PM
samsquanch9*

Quote:
Actually I heard Crosby is worth 2 Darches and a Pyatt.

Old
12-20-2010, 03:08 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by husamus156 View Post
I see no problem

he is a non factor right now
he is not used in the PK
PP, havent seen anything from him recently
and 5v5. cant say anything wrong about him, but nothing positive too
I do.
Pouliot has been one of our most constant player since the start. It's been tougher for him ever since Martin moved him around.
Same can be said of A.Ko. He was solid, off to his best start of his career. Was head to head with Plek for scoring leaders, and then Martin has the brilliant idea of putting him with our two struggling players (Gionta and Gomez). To no surprised, his production drops. Martin then continues to move him, A.Ko seems to lack chemistry. And now he's down on the 3rd/4th lines. It's overly frustrating. I can't blame him for not playing as well.
Martin showed us exactly how to mess up a player's confidence. It was completely, completely stupid the way he used A.Ko.

I was happy with the way he treated Pouliot in general. I didn't agree with sending him down to the 3rd line after the first 3games because he was the better player out of Gionta and Gomez. But still, he seemed to have found a nice niche.
Still, I couldn't understand why he played so little at times (very much like Eller).

A.Ko and Pouliot are respectively our 3rd and 5th scoring leaders. Find me another team that makes their 3rd-5th scorer play on 3rd/4th lines? ..Pouliot is 5th in scoring, but only plays 12min per game?..Why?

Some things I agree with, others, not so much.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 03:10 PM
Pr3Va1L

Was it Sydney Crosby that scored when they won the cup ?

Pr3Va1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 03:16 PM
samsquanch9*

Quote:
Was it Sydney Crosby that scored when they won the cup ?
It was Darche.

Old
12-20-2010, 03:33 PM
Rutabaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post

A.Ko and Pouliot are respectively our 3rd and 5th scoring leaders. Find me another team that makes their 3rd-5th scorer play on 3rd/4th lines? ..Pouliot is 5th in scoring, but only plays 12min per game?..Why?

Pouliot, its simply because he's not good enough to play on the PP, and he's not reliable enough to play on a PK unit.
If you wanna see him with more icetime, you are very likely to cut the icetime of Gionta, Kostitsyn or Cammalleri. Not so sure thats a great idea. You could move down Pacioretty, but whats the point then ? You are fixing a problem by creating an other one.

For Eller, same problem. On the PP, he's behind Plekanec and Gomez, and on the PK, Halpern is here with the czech, there's no room in special units, and as much as i like him, he's not supposed to have more icetime at ES than Plekanec or Gomez.

We also must not forget that Martin needs to spread out the talent in his lineup. You cant have only one line that produce. Especially not with our style. Even if that means moving down a hot player sometimes, a bad move in November could have a positive repercussion in April.
Its just a training (and even if its a game, or three...), but its also a good way to send a message to some players, their effort, their consistency...

Rutabaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 03:37 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I do.
Pouliot has been one of our most constant player since the start. It's been tougher for him ever since Martin moved him around.
Same can be said of A.Ko. He was solid, off to his best start of his career. Was head to head with Plek for scoring leaders, and then Martin has the brilliant idea of putting him with our two struggling players (Gionta and Gomez). To no surprised, his production drops. Martin then continues to move him, A.Ko seems to lack chemistry. And now he's down on the 3rd/4th lines. It's overly frustrating. I can't blame him for not playing as well.
Martin showed us exactly how to mess up a player's confidence. It was completely, completely stupid the way he used A.Ko.

I was happy with the way he treated Pouliot in general. I didn't agree with sending him down to the 3rd line after the first 3games because he was the better player out of Gionta and Gomez. But still, he seemed to have found a nice niche.
Still, I couldn't understand why he played so little at times (very much like Eller).

Yeah i have to admit, as much i try as much as possible to defend the coach, he makes some moves that frustrate me at times. I don't have a real problem with him only teaching lessons to the younger players by benching, sitting, or retrograding them to lower lines. But at the same time, I find he does it too much. I guess it's just the fan in me, because i know how Martin thinks. He's really big into the one step back, two steps forward mentality. He figures that if he get offensive enigmas like AK and Pouliot to take a step back and buy into his system, that maybe they'll take two steps forward. But arguably, these guys have real confidence issues, and to treat them like "projects" so many times in the duration of a year is a bit risky. Personally, I'd just spend more time coddling them then anything else, massage their ego a bit. I said at the beginning of the year that if AK and Pouliot could flourish this year, we could be cup contenders, that because of their size and ability, they would be the difference makers on offense. My statement still stands.

Old
12-20-2010, 03:51 PM
McTusk

I usually Pouliot out.

McTusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 04:00 PM
Cull909

Send a message via AIM to Cull909
Martin is an idiot.... Pouls and Eller were fine, AK and Pleks were fine... tinker tinker tinker...

Cull909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 04:11 PM
NewHabsEra*

On rds I read Pouliot and A.Kost were alterning on the third or fourth line at the practice.. I doubt Pouliot is benched over A.Kost... Its time A.Kost goes on the pressbox for some games..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 04:23 PM
Classified

I love how on a team that can't score rewards grinders who don't put up many points and punishes the guys who can score. We know that the top guys are going to score, we know that the grinders will put up 20-30 points, we need Pouls and Kosty to be the guys who contribute if the Habs are going to win, they can't count on only giving up 1 goal a game and scoring 2 all season.

Classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 04:28 PM
FF de Mars

vCash: 915
I'm happy to see Eller on the top 6. Let him play big minutes ! Oh well, AK's not getting any gifts this year. Will he be traded ? He's slowly taking the Lats highway, exit Martin... he's in the doghouse.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 04:30 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScopeHockey View Post
Martin's a tool. It's not rocket science - we've had combinations that have clicked for long periods this year - just let them be.

13-14-46
67-11-21
57-81-52
32-15-40/94
Winner winner, chicken dinner.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 04:31 PM
TankEller*

EAT THAT KOSTITSYN HATERS! THE GUY IS HAVING A BREAKOUT YEAR!

or my favorite:

HAHAHA YOU'RE PATHETIC YOU DOUBTED KOSTITSYN LAST SUMMER!

Kostitsyn will always keep being what he is. An inconsistant player who was exposed to Kovalev for way too long. Sure, he makes some good things here and there. But are you ready to go through another 3 years of more of what we already had for that long? Especially at a price-tag above what he's making right now?

Pouliot actually is younger than AK and brings more missing elements to that team than Kostitsyn does IMHO. Kostitsyn shows flashes of brillance, but is ultimately a tweaked version of Kovalev with less talent and some more physical play. He'll always be that.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote