HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pouliot out?

Old
12-20-2010, 05:03 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by TankEller View Post
EAT THAT KOSTITSYN HATERS! THE GUY IS HAVING A BREAKOUT YEAR!

or my favorite:

HAHAHA YOU'RE PATHETIC YOU DOUBTED KOSTITSYN LAST SUMMER!

Kostitsyn will always keep being what he is. An inconsistant player who was exposed to Kovalev for way too long. Sure, he makes some good things here and there. But are you ready to go through another 3 years of more of what we already had for that long? Especially at a price-tag above what he's making right now?

Pouliot actually is younger than AK and brings more missing elements to that team than Kostitsyn does IMHO. Kostitsyn shows flashes of brillance, but is ultimately a tweaked version of Kovalev with less talent and some more physical play. He'll always be that.
This is why i said at the begining of the year, ..no matter what, if AK has a great year, hes gone, if he has a terrible year, hes gone, in all likely hood, he will not be tendered a contract, if he scores 35, the habs will not pay him 5 mill, if he scores 20 goals, the habs will be sick of paying 3.25 mill for him
i love the guy, but hes gone i think

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 05:05 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
Here's the thing, I will praise him when he does well and I will criticize him when he doesn't. Period.
Well this is personally what I do.. with every players btw.. but most of our guys work hard every games so its hard to blame any of them for a lack of effort, what isnt the case with AK46, we all know about his talent but we unfortunately all know about his poor work ethic as well.. A guy like Gomez lack imagination in the off zone but its another story...

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 05:06 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
This is why i said at the begining of the year, ..no matter what, if AK has a great year, hes gone, if he has a terrible year, hes gone, in all likely hood, he will not be tendered a contract, if he scores 35, the habs will not pay him 5 mill, if he scores 20 goals, the habs will be sick of paying 3.25 mill for him
Soooooooo true. He's just not a Martin player and nothing will change that fact.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 05:10 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
I'm happy to see Eller on the top 6. Let him play big minutes ! Oh well, AK's not getting any gifts this year. Will he be traded ? He's slowly taking the Lats highway, exit Martin... he's in the doghouse.
Why are you happy? Eller hasn't shown much finishing ability

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 05:11 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
I think Kostitsyn might been the one who will be bench, he's not happy (http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/312001.html) , Plekanec said that he need to focus more(http://www.ckac.com/hockey/nouvelles...ter-50604.html)

I hope not but I think there's good chances that he's going to be trade.

and yeah AK is in a slump but he still our 3rd best scorers ,so nothing to yell:'' I was right ,praise me please!!''
You're the one who came right at me and called me out after a 5 games hot streak. I said let's wait and see.

He's been following this pattern all of his career. I wonder why the hell people thought it would change only because his brother was traded. He stays a very streaky top-6 player with abilities, but who won't use them as often as he should. And this likely won't change, especially not in a team using a defensive style like the Habs.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 05:12 PM
SakuSauce
Drive for 25

Pouliot or AK should be out for Pyatt and Subban out for Weber if Picard is good to go, if not, weber will take picard's spot. (RDS)
AK said that its difficult to play with different lines as he was playing good with his line and then changed lines 2-3 times. I'm with AK, this guy plays good when he has confidence, he had A LOT of confidence at a certain point when he was playing with Cammalleri and Plekanec. The coaching staff decided to put him with Gomez and he lost everythiing he gained at the beginning of the season. Now he has get it back (it could take one game or 10 games, i blame the coaches on that one). As for Pouliot, he played great with halpern darche, they changed that line. Then he played good with eller and darche, and yet again, the changed it for halpern pouliot moen and that line is not working and now they blame him..ridiculous. As for Subban, i dont like his play at all and weber deserves his chance.

Last edited by SakuSauce: 12-20-2010 at 05:21 PM.
SakuSauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 05:13 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
He's a RFA you don't let a 20+ goal scorer walk for nothing better to sign him and then trade for another player or picks. When he starts for his new team he can score 40 goals.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 05:13 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_habs_go View Post
Did i just frickin read that if Picard can play tomorrow, Subban will be left aside in favor of Yannick Weber!?!? Picard is the problem right now, he is really slow and hasn't been very good the last 5 games or so. Subban is the future.

Another thing, benching Pouliot? lmao, 7 goals, 16 pts. All that playing 3rd/4th line minutes with zero powerplay time.

Absolutely great management and coaching staff. EVERY other team will always have a rookie playing with an established veteran. Not the Habs, Subban with a 7th D in Picard? LOL. He should be paired with Gill -Hamrlik - Subban or even Gorges.
Wow, this is depressing news. How can you not bench Picard for at least one game? You can demonstrate to Subban that he's not the only one being made an example of. God, it's so obvious...

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 05:14 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Now that Gomez has been playing good since coming back from injury I guess the cool thing is to bash Kostitsyn now.
I'm not bashing Kostitsyn. In fact, I'm pretty happy with him this season, because I expected what's to be expected out of him. I'm bashing those who came in his hot streak saying: "WE TOLD YOU SO! **** YOU HATERS! THIS IS HIS BREAKOUT YEAR!!!", choosing not to remember how he had multiple hot streaks in his career, but doesn't seem to be capable to keep his pace/intensity for long periods of time.

Old
12-20-2010, 05:14 PM
NHLfan

Martin changes

What is the idea of putting Eller on the wing? Why sit Andrei K? If we going to trade him, lets increase his value by playing him? Moen needs to stay on the 4th line. He was invisible last game.

NHLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 05:18 PM
FF de Mars

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Why are you happy? Eller hasn't shown much finishing ability
I wish AK was on the top 6, but I think he's in Martin's doghouse. Martin's like that, when he doesn't like a player...

About Eller, I'm very happy to see that he might (unless Martin changes his mind during the game) play with players that can convert the chances he creates. Eller's good at keeping the puck, he doesn't loose it for no reason, can battle along the boards too. I think it can create chances for both Cammy and Plex. He might be a better fit than anyone else. AK is good, but his strenghts are different. I'm just happy that Eller is getting a shot at playing more than 7 minutes a game when he's one of the good guys we have.

Plus if the opposition focuses on Plex and Cammy, Eller will have more opportunities to score goals and show us that he can finish. He doesn't have a weak shot, afterall.

FF de Mars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
He's a RFA you don't let a 20+ goal scorer walk for nothing better to sign him and then trade for another player or picks. When he starts for his new team he can score 40 goals.
Yeah let's re-sign him long-term in a team he just doesn't fit at all! That sure sounds clever... Let's go through all of this circus once again!

If Kostitsyn is re-signed, it better be to a similar amount he gets now, on a one year deal to prove himself. I don't want anything about this guy getting a long-term deal.

Old
Habs13

Like a broken record, I'll keep spinning the same sentence...

Gomez out. Not Pouliot.
Spacek out. ANYBODY ELSE in.

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 05:22 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post

Gomez out. Not Pouliot.
Gomez : 7 points in his last 7 games. 5 in his last 3.

Yeah, bench him!

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 05:23 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post

Gomez out. Not Pouliot.
Gomez and Spacek out are both brutal ideas.

Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 05:25 PM
Aurel Joliat

Pouliot ???

We are one of the 5 worst teams to score goals in the NHL and we add Pyatt and scratch Pouliot ? Unbelievable

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 05:30 PM
ScottFC

Quote:
Yeah let's re-sign him long-term in a team he just doesn't fit at all! That sure sounds clever... Let's go through all of this circus once again!

If Kostitsyn is re-signed, it better be to a similar amount he gets now, on a one year deal to prove himself. I don't want anything about this guy getting a long-term deal.
Yeah let's get rid of him, I mean who cares if we're the only ones who can sign him and won't have to overpay. Let him score 25 inconsistantly for another team we have so many players that can take his place anywayz!

ScottFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 05:32 PM
NHLfan

Why will he bench Pouliot?

NHLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 05:33 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABSolutelyDbest View Post
Yeah let's get rid of him, I mean who cares if we're the only ones who can sign him and won't have to overpay. Let him score 25 inconsistantly for another team we have so many players that can take his place anywayz!
Yea for all the hate that he gets, he's still a 25 goal scorer and he'll be paid accordingly to that. I doubt gauthier overpays to keep him.

Old
12-20-2010, 05:35 PM
SakuSauce
Drive for 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLfan View Post
Why will he bench Pouliot?
because he has 17pts and kostitsyn because he has 20pts +9

SakuSauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 05:40 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABSolutelyDbest View Post
25 goals? He's done in once so far in his career, and only by one goal while playing on our best line with a motivated Kovalev.

So be it if he scores 25 elsewhere, we need players who fit on this roster, and the guy sure doesn't anyway.

If he wants anything more than a 1 year deal, screw him. I think every non-biased person would have had enough by now.

Old
12-20-2010, 05:46 PM
Et le But

Quote:
25 goals? He's done in once so far in his career, and only by one goal while playing on our best line with a motivated Kovalev.

So be it if he scores 25 elsewhere, we need players who fit on this roster, and the guy sure doesn't anyway.

If he wants anything more than a 1 year deal, screw him. I think every non-biased person would have had enough by now.
He's only scored 25 once in his career because he's only played 70+ games twice in his NHL career. You are disingenuous.

Yeah, I've sure had enough of the guy with currently the 3rd most points on the team and joint leader in +/-. Where were you gloating when Cammy or Gomez was playing terribly? AK is an inconsistent player and there are better players out there but you can count the bad games he had this season on one hand.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 05:50 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
He's only scored 25 once in his career because he's only played 70+ games twice in his NHL career. You are disingenuous.

Yeah, I've sure had enough of the guy with currently the 3rd most points on the team and joint leader in +/-. Where were you gloating when Cammy or Gomez was playing terribly? AK is an inconsistent player and there are better players out there but you can count the bad games he had this season on one hand.
Agreed. AKost is definitely a legit 25 goal scorer when healthy.

The guy you're quoting is one of those people that is no where to be found when he's wrong but very vocal when he's right again.

He was the same earlier in the year when Price's stats < Halak's and now he's moved on to making himself feel good by focusing on AK.

Old
12-20-2010, 05:56 PM
KingGallagherXI

Quote:
Kostitsyn will always keep being what he is. An inconsistant player who was exposed to Kovalev for way too long.
Are you kidding? He's playing good this year. Just because you heard Pierre Houde say that he caused a turnover for playing soft, doesn't mean it's true. Houde is a complete tool.

Andrei has been playing well but the retards at RDS keep putting him down.

KingGallagherXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 06:04 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

AK stats with the Habs

3rd for points
4th for goals
3rd for assists (tied with Hamrlik)
1st in +- (tied with Halpern and Hamrlik)
3rd in shots on goal
2nd in hits

The season is not over he will bounce back form his slump, I just hope he's in the Habs plan

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote