HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anderson not returning next year?

Old
12-20-2010, 10:06 PM
chewey
dmitri

vCash: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane View Post
And this information came from where?

The Avs front office isn't one to kiss and tell. I have no idea how a reporter for the Leafs would have come across this scoop.
I confess. Being an AV fan in Toronto I got bored so said I worked for Avs management and spred this rumor just to cause a stir! Sadly you caught me.

What I was being serious!

chewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 10:14 PM
Drury_Sakic

vCash: 500
Every thing we have seen is that Anderson loves the organization and Denver in general.

He got to play a ton last year, perhaps more than he should have, because he wanted the minutes and the Avs trusted him and he would have played more this year if it had not been for the injuries.

The team has improved in front of him and management has continued to show they know what they are doing with the club. Even with the budget, the adds this year have been great and the motivation and growth of players is even better this year than the last under Sacco.

Management also has shown that they will take their time with UFA's and RFA's. There were really no issues in regards to signing guys this summer, they just took their time and established that this staff will not be rushed.

Hell, I imagine even Anderson is wanting to wait to sign at this point. He has had an OK season, but I imagine he would not mind seeing his save % jump by .005-.010 and lower that GAA by .2-.3.

Drury_Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 10:39 PM
djmatt

It would be insane if he didnt resign...Fans love him, organization looks like they love him. Andy finally giving the chance to play, and play well...This is a young team on the brink of stanley cup contention again...Unless something happens behind the scenes, I would expect andy to be signed for a couple more years, atleast until we get a good look at our prospect pickard

djmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 12:29 AM
the_fan

I think Anderson will be back with the Avs, but if he's not i would like to have Vokoun although he's like 34 years old and we all know for goalies that is already pretty old. Vokoun probably has couple of more good years left in him.

the_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 07:52 AM
AVS30

I can't see Bryz or Vokoun in an Avalanche uniform. Then again, I haven't pictured many players in many uniforms, but it still happened.

I'd imagine Anderson would stay here not necessarily at a discounted price, but if we offered slightly less than a non contending team and it was between us and them.

I remember seeing Bryzgalov saying he wants to stay in Phoenix, and my thinking is that he will resign and that Vokoun will be traded at the deadline, maybe resigning with his new team after the season.

AVS30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 08:06 AM
the_fan

I don't know why Anderson wouldn't want to stay with the Avs, or why Avs wouldn't want to keep him. But i guess nothing should come as a surprise, anything can happen in the NHL.

the_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 01:54 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fan View Post
I don't know why Anderson wouldn't want to stay with the Avs, or why Avs wouldn't want to keep him. But i guess nothing should come as a surprise, anything can happen in the NHL.
I'm sure it's his first choice, but this is pretty much his one and only chance at a long-term deal. How many years should we commit to him? 2? 3? I'm sure he's looking for something that's around 3-5 years. I've been on record before that he better not get a penny around $4 million. I'm changing that to around $3. Ideally he signs for around 3-4 years, $2-2.5 million per, and by the time the deal expires, Pickard and Aittokallio are ready to start a goalie controversy.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 02:11 PM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
I'm sure it's his first choice, but this is pretty much his one and only chance at a long-term deal. How many years should we commit to him? 2? 3? I'm sure he's looking for something that's around 3-5 years. I've been on record before that he better not get a penny around $4 million. I'm changing that to around $3. Ideally he signs for around 3-4 years, $2-2.5 million per, and by the time the deal expires, Pickard and Aittokallio are ready to start a goalie controversy.
How many quality starting goaltenders are making in the $2.5 million range? I think that's being way too optimistic.

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 02:23 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by hek View Post
How many quality starting goaltenders are making in the $2.5 million range? I think that's being way too optimistic.
I know...

Old
12-21-2010, 03:16 PM
Egghead1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by hek View Post
The only reason for him making this deal (mid to high 2M) is to give Avs the chance to sign few high price FAs and to push for the cup. I doubt the Avs will go after any high price FA this off-season.
Actually, I think he will leave if Avs does not tuning the defend in off-season.

Egghead1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 04:18 PM
ManOnTheMoon
Hejdas Gonna Hejd

I'd rather overpay for a shorter term contract. Keep it to 2 or 3 years max.

ManOnTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 04:45 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egghead1999 View Post
Actually, I think he will leave if Avs does not tuning the defend in off-season.
I don't think that's a factor at all. He thrived when the Avs were giving up more shots than almost every other team in the league last year. Goalies love those kinds of challenges. If the team overall were rudderless and just outright terrible then he might want to get the hell out but the Avs are anything but that. Goalies are more pissed off when their team isn't scoring, since there's not really anything a netminder can do about that.

Nope, it's gonna come down to money and length of deal. I guarantee he wants to sign here regardless of who plays D (or doesn't play D as the case may be) in front of him. The only other factor I see will be the opportunity to play in his hometown again, but he already played for the Hawks once.

Old
12-21-2010, 04:49 PM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

vCash: 400
If Andy gets on a roll again and starts playing better I would give him a 2 year, 4 mill per deal. Sort of like the Bryzgalov deal. Keep it short.

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 05:10 PM
Colorado Avalanche

I just don't get why he would leave. IMO It's win-win situation for both sides. Anderson keeps his #1 position and gets little bit more money, and Avalanche keeps their #1 goalie, who's going to be bargain in couple years.

Colorado Avalanche is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 08:01 PM
Zih
Dater's Gonna Hate

vCash: 140
It's understandable that they can't agree to terms right now. Last year he was playing like a $6M goaltender. This year he's playing more like a $2M goaltender. Avs don't want to commit when they've only seen a year of Andy's performance, so they'll take their full 2 years of the contract to get as full an evaluation as possible before they re-enter negotiations.

Andy's probably looking around at all the crazy $5M or $6M deals out there for starting goaltenders and is trying to get that same money. Avs are wisely holding out. If Andy goes back to how he played last year, I can see him agreeing to something like 4yrs/$18M. I wouldn't go over 4 years and I wouldn't go over $20M. It's a terrible market for goalies out there, and I think if Andy tried to play the UFA market he's just end up right back here anyways.

If Andy plays mediocre for the rest of the year... things will get interesting on or around July 1st.

Zih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 08:45 PM
NWAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
He'll be back. Even if they don't see him as "the answer", he'll still be back. There's no one else.
Exactly. Hes not playing particularly well but we have nothing else.

NWAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 10:56 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

vCash: 50
GOOD.

He's playing terrible these past few games.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 10:57 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aittokallio View Post
GOOD.

He's playing terrible these past few games.
He played very well today. Game could've been 3-0 after the 1st. Looks like he gave up after the 3rd.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 11:10 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
He played very well today. Game could've been 3-0 after the 1st. Looks like he gave up after the 3rd.
Looked like that to me. DOnt really blame him when retards like Foote and Hunwick keep ****in up but im not likeing his body language. Tonight he was just "hopeing" the puck hit him and 5 times it didnt.

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 11:16 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
If he keeps playing like this, he better not return next year.

30th in the league in SV%. 36th in the league in GAA. 0 shutouts.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 11:28 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

sophomore slump

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 12:28 AM
Bonzai12

vCash: 767
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Wow I never thought I would say this but I could see them going for a more veteran established guy, maybe even one to compete against Anderson.

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 12:38 AM
BoxOfChocolates

Quote:
Originally Posted by HishonHishoff View Post
Wow I never thought I would say this but I could see them going for a more veteran established guy, maybe even one to compete against Anderson.
Roloson?

BoxOfChocolates is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 01:30 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
That's why I want Bryz or Vokoun.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 01:47 AM
The Pwnerer
We are never give up

Something just seems off with him, maybe hes still trying to find his timing but he seems out of position a lot more and his rebound control is not great. He seems real "stiff" in net.

The Pwnerer is offline   Reply With Quote